Exploring future developments in international olive oil trade and marketing: A Spanish perspective
AbstractThis article forecasts the main trends and likely developments affecting the Spanish olive oil export business over the next decade. A Delphi survey was conducted in 1999 with a highly qualified panel of experts from the olive oil sector who, over two rounds of mailings, contributed their judgments about export prospects for the Spanish olive oil sector. Issues discussed include expected trends in world olive oil supply and demand, the likely implications of the major impending changes in the macroeconomic and regulatory setting, the characteristics of potential markets, the strengths and weaknesses of the Spanish olive oil export industry, and the key international marketing variables for the future. [Econ-Lit citations: F140, Q130, Q170]. © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Agribusiness.
Volume (Year): 17 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rowe, Gene & Wright, George, 1996. "The impact of task characteristics on the performance of structured group forecasting techniques," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 73-89, March.
- Traill, Bruce, 1997. "Globalisation in the Food Industries?," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 24(3-4), pages 390-410.
- Neal H. Hooker & Julie A. Caswell, 1996. "Trends in food quality regulation: Implications for processed food trade and foreign direct investment," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 411-419.
- Antonio Stasi & Francesco Diotallevi & Andrea Marchini, 2012.
"Strategie di prezzo e profittabilità nel mercato degli oli extra-vergine di oliva: un modello di analisi attraverso gli scanner data,"
RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA AGRARIA,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 0(1), pages 69-88.
- Stasi, Antonio & Diotallevi, Francesco & Marchini, Andrea, 2012.
"Strategie di prezzo e profittabilità nel mercato degli oli extra-vergine di oliva:un modello di analisi attraverso gli scanner data
[Big And Small Producers, Private Label And Gdo’S Price Strate," MPRA Paper 40449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stasi, Antonio & Diotallevi, Francesco & Marchini, Andrea, 2012. "Strategie di prezzo e profittabilità nel mercato degli oli extra-vergine di oliva:un modello di analisi attraverso gli scanner data
- Mtimet, Nadhem & Ujiie, Kiyokazu & Kashiwagi, Kenichi & Zaibet, Lokman & Nagaki, Masakazu, 2011. "The effects of Information and Country of Origin on Japanese Olive Oil Consumer Selection," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114642, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- De Gennaro, Bernardo & Roselli, Luigi & Medicamento, Umberto, 2008.
"Il commercio internazionale degli oli di oliva italiani e pugliesi: un'analisi comparata,"
2008 XVI Convegno Annuale SIEA - Le Dinamiche del Commercio Agro-alimentare Tra Commodities e Prodotti Differenziati, 5-6 Giugno 2008, Trieste
48195, Italian Society of Agri-food Economics/Società Italiana di Economia Agro-Alimentare (SIEA).
- Bernardo De Gennaro & Luigi Roselli & Umberto Medicamento, 2009. "Il commercio internazionale degli oli di oliva italiani e pugliesi: un’analisi comparata," ECONOMIA AGRO-ALIMENTARE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 11(3), pages 79-101.
- Mili, Samir, 2006. "Market dynamics and policy reforms in the EU olive oil industry: An exploratory assessment," 98th Seminar, June 29-July 2, 2006, Chania, Crete, Greece 10099, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Mtimet, Nadhem & Kashiwagi, Kenichi & Zaibet, Lokman & Masakazu, N., 2008. "Exploring Japanese olive oil consumer behavior," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44457, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Dios-Palomares, Rafaela & Martínez-Paz, José M., 2011. "Technical, quality and environmental efficiency of the olive oil industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 526-534, August.
- Karipidis, Philippos I. & Tsakiridou, Efthimia & Tabakis, Nikolaos M., 2005. "The Greek Olive Oil Market Structure," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 6(1), January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.