Behavioral frontiers in choice modeling
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Marketing Letters.
Volume (Year): 19 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100312
Choice models; Choice processes; Behavioral theory;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Swait, Joffre & Adamowicz, Wiktor, 2001.
"Choice Environment, Market Complexity, and Consumer Behavior: A Theoretical and Empirical Approach for Incorporating Decision Complexity into Models of Consumer Choice,"
Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes,
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 141-167, November.
- Swait, Joffre & Adamowicz, Wiktor L., 1999. "Choice Environment, Market Complexity and Consumer Behavior: A Theoretical and Empirical Approach for Incorporating Decision Complexity into Models of Consumer Choice," Staff Paper Series 24093, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Andrew Ching & Tülin Erdem & Michael Keane, 2009.
"The price consideration model of brand choice,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 393-420, 04.
- Lucas, Robert Jr, 1976. "Econometric policy evaluation: A critique," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 19-46, January.
- Daniel Houser & Michael Keane & Kevin McCabe, 2002.
"Behavior in a dynamic decision problem: An analysis of experimental evidence using a bayesian type classification algorithm,"
- Daniel Houser & Michael Keane & Kevin McCabe, 2004. "Behavior in a Dynamic Decision Problem: An Analysis of Experimental Evidence Using a Bayesian Type Classification Algorithm," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(3), pages 781-822, 05.
- Wendel,Sonja & Dellaert,Benedict G.C., 2005. "Situation Variation in Consumers’ Media Channel Consideration," Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Abbie Griffin & John R. Hauser, 1993.
"The Voice of the Customer,"
INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 1-27.
- Cameron, Trudy Ann & Poe, Gregory L. & Ethier, Robert G. & Schulze, William D., 2002. "Alternative Non-market Value-Elicitation Methods: Are the Underlying Preferences the Same?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 391-425, November.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
- Xavier Gabaix & David Laibson & Guillermo Moloche & Stephen Weinberg, 2006. "Costly Information Acquisition: Experimental Analysis of a Boundedly Rational Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1043-1068, September.
- Makoto Abe, 1995. "A Nonparametric Density Estimation Method for Brand Choice Using Scanner Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 300-325.
- DeShazo, J. R. & Fermo, German, 2002. "Designing Choice Sets for Stated Preference Methods: The Effects of Complexity on Choice Consistency," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 123-143, July.
- Machina, Mark J, 1982.
""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 277-323, March.
- Mark J Machina, 1982. ""Expected Utility" Analysis without the Independence Axiom," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7650, David K. Levine.
- Louviere,Jordan J. & Hensher,David A. & Swait,Joffre D. With contributions by-Name:Adamowicz,Wiktor, 2000. "Stated Choice Methods," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521788304, October.
- Thomas J. Steenburgh, 2008. "The Invariant Proportion of Substitution Property (IPS) of Discrete-Choice Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 300-307, 03-04.
- Loewenstein, George, 2001. " The Creative Destruction of Decision Research," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 499-505, December.
- Train, K. & Weeks, M., 2004. "Discrete Choice Models in Preference Space and Willingness-to Pay Space," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0443, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Payne, John W & Bettman, James R & Schkade, David A, 1999. "Measuring Constructed Preferences: Towards a Building Code," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 19(1-3), pages 243-70, December.
- Hoyos, David, 2010. "The state of the art of environmental valuation with discrete choice experiments," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1595-1603, June.
- Oded Netzer & Olivier Toubia & Eric Bradlow & Ely Dahan & Theodoros Evgeniou & Fred Feinberg & Eleanor Feit & Sam Hui & Joseph Johnson & John Liechty & James Orlin & Vithala Rao, 2008. "Beyond conjoint analysis: Advances in preference measurement," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 337-354, December.
- Rungie, Cam M. & Coote, Leonard V. & Louviere, Jordan J., 2012. "Latent variables in discrete choice experiments," Journal of choice modelling, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 145-156.
- Pamela Giustinelli, 2011. "Group Decision Making with Uncertain Outcomes: Unpacking Child-Parent Choices of High School Tracks," Working Papers 2011-030, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Debby van Helvoort-Postulart & Benedict G. C. Dellaert & Trudy van der Weijden & Maarten F. von Meyenfeldt & Carmen D. Dirksen, 2009. "Discrete choice experiments for complex health-care decisions: does hierarchical information integration offer a solution?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 903-920.
- Thomas Otter & Joe Johnson & Jörg Rieskamp & Greg Allenby & Jeff Brazell & Adele Diederich & J. Hutchinson & Steven MacEachern & Shiling Ruan & Jim Townsend, 2008. "Sequential sampling models of choice: Some recent advances," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 255-267, December.
- Marsh, Dan & Phillips, Yvonne, 2012. "Difficult Choices: What Influences the Error Variance in a Choice Experiment," 2012 Conference, August 31, 2012, Nelson, New Zealand 139651, New Zealand Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.