Journal of Health Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: J. P. Newhouse
Current editor: A. J. Culyer
Current editor: R. Frank
Current editor: K. Claxton
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Joseph Newhouse
Karl Philip Claxton
Anthony J. Culyer
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jhecon
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2014, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-19 The impact of the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic on economic performance in Sweden
by Karlsson, Martin & Nilsson, Therese & Pichler, Stefan
- 20-32 Does liberalizing cannabis laws increase cannabis use?
by Williams, Jenny & Bretteville-Jensen, Anne Line
- 33-46 Can technology help to reduce underage drinking? Evidence from the false ID laws with scanner provision
by Yörük, Barış K.
- 47-68 A tale of two cities? The heterogeneous impact of medicaid managed care
by Marton, James & Yelowitz, Aaron & Talbert, Jeffery C.
- 69-83 The effect of relationship status on health with dynamic health and persistent relationships
by Kohn, Jennifer L. & Averett, Susan L.
- 84-97 Do more health insurance options lead to higher wages? Evidence from states extending dependent coverage
by Dillender, Marcus
- 98-111 Access to treatment and educational inequalities in cancer survival
by Fiva, Jon H. & Hægeland, Torbjørn & Rønning, Marte & Syse, Astri
- 112-124 Physician payment mechanisms, hospital length of stay and risk of readmission: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Échevin, Damien & Fortin, Bernard
- 125-136 Cross-border health and productivity effects of alcohol policies
by Johansson, Per & Pekkarinen, Tuomas & Verho, Jouko
- 137-150 The causal effect of family income on child health in the UK
by Kuehnle, Daniel
- 151-163 Are investments in disease prevention complements? The case of statins and health behaviors
by Kaestner, Robert & Darden, Michael & Lakdawalla, Darius
- 164-173 Aversion to health inequalities in healthcare prioritisation: A multicriteria optimisation perspective
by Morton, Alec
- 174-187 Regulation of pharmaceutical prices: Evidence from a reference price reform in Denmark
by Kaiser, Ulrich & Mendez, Susan J. & Rønde, Thomas & Ullrich, Hannes
2014, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-19 The child health implications of privatizing africa's urban water supply
by Kosec, Katrina
- 20-33 International migration and the propagation of HIV in sub-Saharan Africa
by Docquier, F. & Vasilakis, Ch. & Tamfutu Munsi, D.
- 34-46 Forgetting to remember or remembering to forget: A study of the recall period length in health care survey questions
by Kjellsson, Gustav & Clarke, Philip & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 47-63 Assessing incentives for service-level selection in private health insurance exchanges
by McGuire, Thomas G. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Normand, Sharon-Lise & Shi, Julie & Zuvekas, Samuel
- 64-81 The behavioral economics of drunk driving
by Sloan, Frank A. & Eldred, Lindsey M. & Xu, Yanzhi
- 82-93 The social value of mortality risk reduction: VSL versus the social welfare function approach
by Adler, Matthew D. & Hammitt, James K. & Treich, Nicolas
- 94-108 Parental health and child schooling
by Bratti, Massimiliano & Mendola, Mariapia
- 109-122 Keep it simple? Predicting primary health care costs with clinical morbidity measures
by Brilleman, Samuel L. & Gravelle, Hugh & Hollinghurst, Sandra & Purdy, Sarah & Salisbury, Chris & Windmeijer, Frank
- 123-131 Well-being losses due to care-giving
by van den Berg, Bernard & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Hall, Jane
- 132-146 Genetic mechanisms in the intergenerational transmission of health
by Thompson, Owen
- 147-161 Preventing dengue through mobile phones: Evidence from a field experiment in Peru
by Dammert, Ana C. & Galdo, Jose C. & Galdo, Virgilio
- 162-178 Supplier-induced demand for newborn treatment: Evidence from Japan
by Shigeoka, Hitoshi & Fushimi, Kiyohide
- 179-188 Plan choice, health insurance cost and premium sharing
by Kosteas, Vasilios D. & Renna, Francesco
- 189-198 Did liberalising bar hours decrease traffic accidents?
by Green, Colin P. & Heywood, John. S. & Navarro, Maria
2014, Volume 34, Issue C
- 1-18 Effects of Medicare payment reform: Evidence from the home health interim and prospective payment systems
by Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Sood, Neeraj & Escarce, José J. & Grabowski, David C. & Newhouse, Joseph P.
- 19-30 The effects of health information technology on the costs and quality of medical care
by Agha, Leila
- 31-41 Managing genetic tests, surveillance, and preventive medicine under a public health insurance system
by Filipova-Neumann, Lilia & Hoy, Michael
- 42-58 Competition and the impact of online hospital report cards
by Chou, Shin-Yi & Deily, Mary E. & Li, Suhui & Lu, Yi
- 59-72 Does privatisation of vocational rehabilitation improve labour market opportunities? Evidence from a field experiment in Sweden
by Laun, Lisa & Thoursie, Peter Skogman
- 73-83 The impact of competition on quality and prices in the English care homes market
by Forder, Julien & Allan, Stephen
- 84-95 Measuring socioeconomic health inequalities in presence of multiple categorical information
by Makdissi, Paul & Yazbeck, Myra
- 96-103 Estimation of own and cross price elasticities of alcohol demand in the UK—A pseudo-panel approach using the Living Costs and Food Survey 2001–2009
by Meng, Yang & Brennan, Alan & Purshouse, Robin & Hill-McManus, Daniel & Angus, Colin & Holmes, John & Meier, Petra Sylvia
- 104-120 The role of GP's compensation schemes in diabetes care: Evidence from panel data
by Iezzi, Elisa & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Ugolini, Cristina
- 121-130 Tax incentives and the demand for private health insurance
by Stavrunova, Olena & Yerokhin, Oleg
- 131-143 Effects of occupational regulations on the cost of dental services: Evidence from dental insurance claims
by Wing, Coady & Marier, Allison
2014, Volume 33, Issue C
- 1-27 How does provider supply and regulation influence health care markets? Evidence from nurse practitioners and physician assistants
by Stange, Kevin
- 28-42 Health information exchange, system size and information silos
by Miller, Amalia R. & Tucker, Catherine
- 43-56 Removing financial barriers to organ and bone marrow donation: The effect of leave and tax legislation in the U.S
by Lacetera, Nicola & Macis, Mario & Stith, Sarah S.
- 57-66 The impact of patient cost-sharing on low-income populations: Evidence from Massachusetts
by Chandra, Amitabh & Gruber, Jonathan & McKnight, Robin
- 67-75 Publication selection and the income elasticity of the value of a statistical life
by Doucouliagos, Hristos & Stanley, T.D. & Viscusi, W. Kip
- 76-93 In utero exposure to the Korean War and its long-term effects on socioeconomic and health outcomes
by Lee, Chulhee
- 94-112 Nurses’ labour supply elasticities: The importance of accounting for extensive margins
by Hanel, Barbara & Kalb, Guyonne & Scott, Anthony
- 113-125 A mass phenomenon: The social evolution of obesity
by Strulik, Holger
- 126-138 Peer effects on risky behaviors: New evidence from college roommate assignments
by Eisenberg, Daniel & Golberstein, Ezra & Whitlock, Janis L.
- 139-158 What a difference a day makes: Quantifying the effects of birth timing manipulation on infant health
by Schulkind, Lisa & Shapiro, Teny Maghakian
- 159-179 Measuring the effects of reducing subsidies for private insurance on public expenditure for health care
by Cheng, Terence Chai
- 180-187 Estimating the price elasticity of beer: Meta-analysis of data with heterogeneity, dependence, and publication bias
by Nelson, Jon P.
2013, Volume 32, Issue 6
- 1013-1027 The long-term cognitive consequences of early childhood malnutrition: The case of famine in Ghana
by Ampaabeng, Samuel K. & Tan, Chih Ming
- 1028-1042 Effects of breast and colorectal cancer on labour market outcomes—Average effects and educational gradients
by Heinesen, Eskil & Kolodziejczyk, Christophe
- 1043-1056 Does health insurance improve health?
by Fink, Günther & Robyn, Paul Jacob & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 1057-1065 Prospect theory in the health domain: A quantitative assessment
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & l’Haridon, Olivier
- 1066-1076 Useful beautiful minds—An analysis of the relationship between schizophrenia and employment
by Greve, Jane & Nielsen, Louise Herrup
- 1077-1089 Exploring the intergenerational persistence of mental health: Evidence from three generations
by Johnston, David W. & Schurer, Stefanie & Shields, Michael A.
- 1090-1104 Recession depression: Mental health effects of the 2008 stock market crash
by McInerney, Melissa & Mellor, Jennifer M. & Nicholas, Lauren Hersch
- 1105-1116 Profit or patients’ health benefit? Exploring the heterogeneity in physician altruism
by Godager, Geir & Wiesen, Daniel
- 1117-1129 Increasing organ donation via changes in the default choice or allocation rule
by Li, Danyang & Hawley, Zackary & Schnier, Kurt
- 1130-1141 Excise tax avoidance: The case of state cigarette taxes
by DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Donald & Liu, Feng
- 1142-1152 Life expectancy and human capital: Evidence from the international epidemiological transition
by Hansen, Casper Worm
- 1153-1165 Geographic variation in commercial medical-care expenditures: A framework for decomposing price and utilization
by Dunn, Abe & Shapiro, Adam Hale & Liebman, Eli
- 1166-1179 The use of alternative preference elicitation methods in complex discrete choice experiments
by Yoo, Hong Il & Doiron, Denise
- 1180-1193 Financial protection of patients through compensation of providers: The impact of Health Equity Funds in Cambodia
by Flores, Gabriela & Ir, Por & Men, Chean R. & O’Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 1194-1204 Exploiting subjective information to understand impoverished children's use of health care
by Álvarez, Begoña & Vera-Hernández, Marcos
- 1205-1213 The impact of the partnership long-term care insurance program on private coverage
by Lin, Haizhen & Prince, Jeffrey
- 1214-1229 Rising inequalities in income and health in China: Who is left behind?
by Baeten, Steef & Van Ourti, Tom & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 1230-1239 The changing of the guards
by Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut & Røgeberg, Ole
- 1240-1249 Practice budgets and the patient mix of physicians – The effect of a remuneration system reform on health care utilisation
by Schmitz, Hendrik
- 1250-1257 Testing the rate of preference reversal in personal and social decision-making
by Oliver, Adam
- 1263-1277 Integrating risk adjustment and enrollee premiums in health plan payment
by McGuire, Thomas G. & Glazer, Jacob & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Normand, Sharon-Lise & Shi, Julie & Sinaiko, Anna D. & Zuvekas, Samuel H.
- 1278-1288 Do Medicare Advantage plans select enrollees in higher margin clinical categories?
by Newhouse, Joseph P. & McWilliams, J. Michael & Price, Mary & Huang, Jie & Fireman, Bruce & Hsu, John
- 1289-1300 The spillover effects of Medicare managed care: Medicare Advantage and hospital utilization
by Baicker, Katherine & Chernew, Michael E. & Robbins, Jacob A.
- 1301-1312 Competitive bidding in Medicare Advantage: Effect of benchmark changes on plan bids
by Song, Zirui & Landrum, Mary Beth & Chernew, Michael E.
- 1313-1324 Suit the action to the word, the word to the action: Hypothetical choices and real decisions in Medicare Part D
by Kesternich, Iris & Heiss, Florian & McFadden, Daniel & Winter, Joachim
- 1325-1344 Plan selection in Medicare Part D: Evidence from administrative data
by Heiss, Florian & Leive, Adam & McFadden, Daniel & Winter, Joachim
- 1345-1355 Digesting the doughnut hole
by Joyce, Geoffrey F. & Zissimopoulos, Julie & Goldman, Dana P.
- 1356-1367 Pharmaceutical advertising and Medicare Part D
by Lakdawalla, Darius & Sood, Neeraj & Gu, Qian
2013, Volume 32, Issue 5
- 757-767 Preference heterogeneity and selection in private health insurance: The case of Australia
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Jones, Glenn & Savage, Elizabeth
- 768-779 Genetic testing with primary prevention and moral hazard
by Bardey, David & De Donder, Philippe
- 780-793 The demand for health insurance among uninsured Americans: Results of a survey experiment and implications for policy
by Krueger, Alan B. & Kuziemko, Ilyana
- 794-803 A case study of a workplace wellness program that offers financial incentives for weight loss
by Cawley, John & Price, Joshua A.
- 804-815 Abortion before & after Roe
by Joyce, Ted & Tan, Ruoding & Zhang, Yuxiu
- 816-832 The poverty-reducing effect of Medicaid
by Sommers, Benjamin D. & Oellerich, Donald
- 833-849 Does employer-provided health insurance constrain labor supply adjustments to health shocks? New evidence on women diagnosed with breast cancer
by Bradley, Cathy J. & Neumark, David & Barkowski, Scott
- 850-862 Consumers’ misunderstanding of health insurance
by Loewenstein, George & Friedman, Joelle Y. & McGill, Barbara & Ahmad, Sarah & Linck, Suzanne & Sinkula, Stacey & Beshears, John & Choi, James J. & Kolstad, Jonathan & Laibson, David & Madrian, Brigitte C. & List, John A. & Volpp, Kevin G.
- 863-872 Girls’ education and HIV risk: Evidence from Uganda
by Alsan, Marcella M. & Cutler, David M.
- 873-880 Do parental involvement laws deter risky teen sex?
by Colman, Silvie & Dee, Thomas S. & Joyce, Ted
- 881-894 Do cost-sharing and entry deregulation curb pharmaceutical innovation?
by Grossmann, Volker
- 895-908 Doctors, patients and the racial mortality gap
by Simeonova, Emilia
- 909-921 Hospital readmission rates: Signal of failure or success?
by Laudicella, Mauro & Li Donni, Paolo & Smith, Peter C.
- 922-937 Longitudinal methods to investigate the role of health determinants in the dynamics of income-related health inequality
by Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis
- 938-950 Informality and the expansion of social protection programs: Evidence from Mexico
by Azuara, Oliver & Marinescu, Ioana
- 951-964 The health effects of leaving school in a bad economy
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine
- 965-979 The effect of prospective payment on admission and treatment policy: Evidence from inpatient rehabilitation facilities
by Sood, Neeraj & Huckfeldt, Peter J. & Grabowski, David C. & Newhouse, Joseph P. & Escarce, José J.
- 980-996 An instrumental variables approach to post-acute care nursing home quality: Is there a dime's worth of evidence that continuing care retirement communities provide higher quality?
by Bowblis, John R. & McHone, Heather S.
- 997-1006 Does HIV increase the risk of spousal violence in sub-Saharan Africa?
by Chin, Yoo-Mi
2013, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 671-681 Health-related externalities: Evidence from a choice experiment
by Hurley, Jeremiah & Mentzakis, Emmanouil
- 682-697 Demand for smokeless tobacco: Role of advertising
by Dave, Dhaval & Saffer, Henry
- 698-707 The effects of medical school on health outcomes: Evidence from admission lotteries
by Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel & de Wolf, Inge
- 708-714 Sick but satisfied: The impact of life and health satisfaction on choice between health scenarios
by Dolan, Paul & Kavetsos, Georgios & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 715-727 Family income and child health in the UK
by Apouey, Bénédicte & Geoffard, Pierre-Yves
- 728-742 Maternal employment and childhood obesity – A European perspective
by Gwozdz, Wencke & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Reisch, Lucia A. & Ahrens, Wolfgang & Eiben, Gabriele & M. Fernandéz-Alvira, Juan & Hadjigeorgiou, Charalampos & De Henauw, Stefaan & Kovács, Eva & Lauria, Fabio & Veidebaum, Toomas & Williams, Garrath & Bammann, Karin
- 743-755 The impact of physical education on obesity among elementary school children
by Cawley, John & Frisvold, David & Meyerhoefer, Chad
2013, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 487-503 Weathering the storm: Hurricanes and birth outcomes
by Currie, Janet & Rossin-Slater, Maya
- 504-514 Feasible methods to estimate disease based price indexes
by Bradley, Ralph
- 515-523 A new axiomatic approach to the evaluation of population health
by Hougaard, Jens Leth & Moreno-Ternero, Juan D. & Østerdal, Lars Peter
- 524-537 Cannabis use and suicidal ideation
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny & Fergusson, David & Horwood, L. John
- 538-545 School meal crowd out in the 1980s
by von Hinke Kessler Scholder, Stephanie
- 546-558 The effect of unemployment on the mental health of spouses – Evidence from plant closures in Germany
by Marcus, Jan
- 559-569 Treatment decisions under ambiguity
by Berger, Loïc & Bleichrodt, Han & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 570-585 Health consequences of easier access to alcohol: New Zealand evidence
by Conover, Emily & Scrimgeour, Dean
- 586-598 Does retirement age impact mortality?
by Hernaes, Erik & Markussen, Simen & Piggott, John & Vestad, Ola L.
- 599-611 Using RD design to understand heterogeneity in health insurance crowd-out
by Koch, Thomas G.
- 612-632 Malaria: An early indicator of later disease and work level
by Hong, Sok Chul
- 633-646 Does hospital ownership affect patient experience? An investigation into public–private sector differences in England
by Pérotin, Virginie & Zamora, Bernarda & Reeves, Rachel & Bartlett, Will & Allen, Pauline
- 647-658 Does widowhood explain gender differences in out-of-pocket medical spending among the elderly?
by Goda, Gopi Shah & Shoven, John B. & Slavov, Sita Nataraj
- 659-670 On correcting the concentration index for binary variables
by Kjellsson, Gustav & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
2013, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 331-340 The impact of medical errors on physician behavior: Evidence from malpractice litigation
by Shurtz, Ity
- 341-352 Shipping out instead of shaping up: Rehospitalization from nursing homes as an unintended effect of public reporting
by Konetzka, R. Tamara & Polsky, Daniel & Werner, Rachel M.
- 353-366 Reducing underage alcohol and tobacco use: Evidence from the introduction of vertical identification cards
by Bellou, Andriana & Bhatt, Rachana
- 367-385 Does information on health status lead to a healthier lifestyle? Evidence from China on the effect of hypertension diagnosis on food consumption
by Zhao, Meng & Konishi, Yoshifumi & Glewwe, Paul
- 386-391 Does the U.S. health care sector suffer from Baumol's cost disease? Evidence from the 50 states
by Bates, Laurie J. & Santerre, Rexford E.
- 392-409 Do medical doctors respond to economic incentives?
by Andreassen, Leif & Di Tommaso, Maria Laura & Strøm, Steinar
- 410-422 Does hospital competition harm equity? Evidence from the English National Health Service
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 423-439 Modeling the relationship between health and health care expenditures using a latent Markov model
by Wouterse, Bram & Huisman, Martijn & Meijboom, Bert R. & Deeg, Dorly J.H. & Polder, Johan J.
- 440-451 Economic considerations for social distancing and behavioral based policies during an epidemic
by Fenichel, Eli P.
- 452-462 The effect of Medicaid physician fees on take-up of public health insurance among children in poverty
by Hahn, Youjin
- 463-473 Making Medicare advantage a middle-class program
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 477-479 The impact of minimum legal drinking age laws on alcohol consumption, smoking, and marijuana use revisited
by Yörük, Barış K. & Yörük, Ceren Ertan
- 480-485 Personality and the education–health gradient: A note on “Understanding differences in health behaviors by education”
by Conti, Gabriella & Hansman, Christopher
2013, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-11 Health in the cities: When the neighborhood matters more than income
by Bilger, Marcel & Carrieri, Vincenzo
- 12-21 Effect of nursing home ownership on the quality of post-acute care: An instrumental variables approach
by Grabowski, David C. & Feng, Zhanlian & Hirth, Richard & Rahman, Momotazur & Mor, Vincent
- 22-32 Alcohol and student performance: Estimating the effect of legal access
by Lindo, Jason M. & Swensen, Isaac D. & Waddell, Glen R.
- 33-50 Marriage, bereavement and mortality: The role of health care utilization
by Simeonova, Emilia
- 51-65 The psychological costs of war: Military combat and mental health
by Cesur, Resul & Sabia, Joseph J. & Tekin, Erdal
- 66-87 A theoretical approach to dual practice regulations in the health sector
by González, Paula & Macho-Stadler, Inés
- 88-105 Health expenditure growth: Looking beyond the average through decomposition of the full distribution
by de Meijer, Claudine & O’Donnell, Owen & Koopmanschap, Marc & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 106-113 Mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry
by Comanor, William S. & Scherer, F.M.
- 114-127 Smoking initiation and the iron law of demand
by Lillard, Dean R. & Molloy, Eamon & Sfekas, Andrew
- 128-137 Capabilities as menus: A non-welfarist basis for QALY evaluation
by Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John
- 138-148 Do smoke-free car laws work? Evidence from a quasi-experiment
by Nguyen, Hai V.
- 149-159 Firm-sponsored general education and mobility frictions: Evidence from hospital sponsorship of nursing schools and faculty
by Benson, Alan
- 160-171 Participation and crowd out: Assessing the effects of parental Medicaid expansions
by Hamersma, Sarah & Kim, Matthew
- 172-180 Endogenous cost-effectiveness analysis and health care technology adoption
by Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J.
- 181-194 Discrimination in a universal health system: Explaining socioeconomic waiting time gaps
by Johar, Meliyanni & Jones, Glenn & Keane, Micheal P. & Savage, Elizabeth & Stavrunova, Olena
- 195-206 The effects of housing and neighborhood conditions on child mortality
by Jacob, Brian A. & Ludwig, Jens & Miller, Douglas L.
- 207-218 What is the price of prevention? New evidence from a field experiment
by Okeke, Edward N. & Adepiti, Clement A. & Ajenifuja, Kayode O.
- 219-239 Implications of a sugar-sweetened beverage (SSB) tax when substitutions to non-beverage items are considered
by Finkelstein, Eric A. & Zhen, Chen & Bilger, Marcel & Nonnemaker, James & Farooqui, Assad M. & Todd, Jessica E.
- 240-252 The effect of informal care on work and wages
by Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Coe, Norma B. & Skira, Meghan M.
- 253-260 The role of regret minimisation in lifestyle choices affecting the risk of coronary heart disease
by Boeri, Marco & Longo, Alberto & Grisolía, José M. & Hutchinson, W. George & Kee, Frank
- 261-267 The virtuous tax: Lifesaving and crime-prevention effects of the 1991 federal alcohol-tax increase
by Cook, Philip J. & Durrance, Christine Piette
- 268-285 Competition in the pharmaceutical industry: How do quality differences shape advertising strategies?
by de Frutos, Maria-Angeles & Ornaghi, Carmine & Siotis, Georges
- 286-303 Collateral damage: The German food crisis, educational attainment and labor market outcomes of German post-war cohorts
by Jürges, Hendrik
- 304-319 Cash transfers and domestic violence
by Hidrobo, Melissa & Fernald, Lia
- 320-330 Older people's participation in extra-cost disability benefits
by Zantomio, Francesca
2012, Volume 31, Issue 6
- 781-796 Understanding overeating and obesity
by Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 797-812 Economic booms and risky sexual behavior: Evidence from Zambian copper mining cities
by Wilson, Nicholas
- 813-823 Junior doctors’ preferences for specialty choice
by Sivey, Peter & Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia & Joyce, Catherine & Humphreys, John
- 824-841 Price elasticity of expenditure across health care services
by Duarte, Fabian
- 842-850 On insuring and caring for parents’ long-term care needs
by Courbage, Christophe & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 851-862 What U.S. data should be used to measure the price elasticity of demand for alcohol?
by Ruhm, Christopher J. & Jones, Alison Snow & McGeary, Kerry Anne & Kerr, William C. & Terza, Joseph V. & Greenfield, Thomas K. & Pandian, Ravi S.
- 863-875 The effect of expanding access to health insurance on the health and mortality of Social Security Disability Insurance beneficiaries
by Weathers, Robert R. & Stegman, Michelle
- 876-887 Time to death and the forecasting of macro-level health care expenditures: Some further considerations
by van Baal, Pieter H. & Wong, Albert
2012, Volume 31, Issue 5
- 691-704 The regulation of health care providers’ payments when horizontal and vertical differentiation matter
by Bardey, David & Canta, Chiara & Lozachmeur, Jean-Marie
- 705-718 The impact of direct-to-consumer television and magazine advertising on antidepressant use
by Avery, Rosemary J. & Eisenberg, Matthew D. & Simon, Kosali I.
- 719-729 The heterogeneity of the cigarette price effect on body mass index
by Wehby, George L. & Courtemanche, Charles J.
- 730-743 Hospital volume responses to Medicare's Outpatient Prospective Payment System: Evidence from Florida
by He, Daifeng & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 744-751 Recessions and seniors’ health, health behaviors, and healthcare use: Analysis of the Medicare Current Beneficiary Survey
by McInerney, Melissa & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 752-766 The toll of fertility on mothers’ wellbeing
by Cáceres-Delpiano, Julio & Simonsen, Marianne
- 767-780 Early life exposure to malaria and cognition in adulthood: Evidence from Mexico
by Venkataramani, Atheendar S.
2012, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 545-563 Does uninsurance affect the health outcomes of the insured? Evidence from heart attack patients in California
by Daysal, N. Meltem
- 564-577 The effects of cannabis use on physical and mental health
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 578-583 Proposing indicators to measure achievement and shortfall inequality consistently
by Lasso de la Vega, Casilda & Aristondo, Oihana
- 584-598 Does smoking affect schooling? Evidence from teenagers in rural China
by Zhao, Meng & Konishi, Yoshifumi & Glewwe, Paul
- 599-616 Effect of job loss due to plant closure on mortality and hospitalization
by Browning, Martin & Heinesen, Eskil
- 617-629 Income inequality and health: Lessons from a refugee residential assignment program
by Grönqvist, Hans & Johansson, Per & Niknami, Susan
- 630-643 The value of medical and pharmaceutical interventions for reducing obesity
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & Goldman, Dana P. & Lakdawalla, Darius N. & Zheng, Yuhui & Gailey, Adam H.
- 644-657 Does staying in school (and not working) prevent teen smoking and drinking?
by Jensen, Robert & Lleras-Muney, Adriana
- 658-675 Diversify or focus? Spending to combat infectious diseases when budgets are tight
by Anderson, Soren T. & Laxminarayan, Ramanan & Salant, Stephen W.
- 676-689 Measurement of inequity in health care with heterogeneous response of use to need
by Van de Poel, Ellen & Van Doorslaer, Eddy & O’Donnell, Owen
2012, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 457-470 Incentive and selection effects of Medigap insurance on inpatient care
by Dardanoni, Valentino & Li Donni, Paolo
- 471-483 Regulation and competition in the Taiwanese pharmaceutical market under national health insurance
by Liu, Ya-Ming & Yang, Yea-Huei Kao & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 484-489 Priority setting in health care and higher order degree change in risk
by Courbage, Christophe & Rey, Béatrice
- 490-501 Does retirement affect cognitive functioning?
by Bonsang, Eric & Adam, Stéphane & Perelman, Sergio
- 502-520 Health investment decisions in response to diabetes information in older Americans
by Slade, Alexander N.
- 521-527 Is a QALY still a QALY at the end of life?
by Round, Jeff
- 528-543 Can governments do it better? Merger mania and hospital outcomes in the English NHS
by Gaynor, Martin & Laudicella, Mauro & Propper, Carol
2012, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 327-339 Evergreening, patent challenges, and effective market life in pharmaceuticals
by Hemphill, C. Scott & Sampat, Bhaven N.
- 340-348 The effect of a hospital nurse staffing mandate on patient health outcomes: Evidence from California's minimum staffing regulation
by Cook, Andrew & Gaynor, Martin & Stephens Jr, Melvin & Taylor, Lowell
- 349-358 Watchfully waiting: Medical intervention as an optimal investment decision
by Meyer, Elisabeth & Rees, Ray
- 359-370 Hospital ownership type and treatment choices
by Bayindir, Esra Eren
- 371-378 Do patients choose hospitals with high quality ratings? Empirical evidence from the market for angioplasty in the Netherlands
by Varkevisser, Marco & van der Geest, Stéphanie A. & Schut, Frederik T.
- 379-392 The utility of health and wealth
by Levy, Moshe & Nir, Adi Rizansky
- 393-405 The effect of comprehensive state tobacco control programs on adult cigarette smoking
by Rhoads, Jennifer K.
- 406-439 Four decades of health economics through a bibliometric lens
by Wagstaff, Adam & Culyer, Anthony J.
- 440-456 Pricing of drugs with heterogeneous health insurance coverage
by Ferrara, Ida & Missios, Paul
2012, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-14 Does health insurance coverage lead to better health and educational outcomes? Evidence from rural China
by Chen, Yuyu & Jin, Ginger Zhe
- 15-21 Inequality decomposition by population subgroups for ordinal data
by Kobus, Martyna & Miłoś, Piotr
- 22-34 A test of independence of discounting from quality of life
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F.