Journal of Health Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: J. P. Newhouse
Editor: A. J. Culyer
Editor: R. Frank
Editor: K. Claxton
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Anthony J. Culyer
Karl Philip Claxton
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:jhecon
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2009, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 516-520 Correcting the concentration index: A comment
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 521-524 Correcting the Concentration Index: A reply to Wagstaff
by Erreygers, Guido
2009, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-19 Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme
by Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian
- 20-34 Heterogeneous impact of the "Seguro Popular" program on the utilization of obstetrical services in Mexico, 2001-2006: A multinomial probit model with a discrete endogenous variable
by Sosa-Rubí, Sandra G. & Galárraga, Omar & Harris, Jeffrey E.
- 35-53 The impact of the Indonesian health card program: A matching estimator approach
by Johar, Meliyanni
- 54-72 The macroeconomics of targeting: the case of an enduring epidemic
by Bell, Clive & Gersbach, Hans
- 73-90 Unfair inequalities in health and health care
by Fleurbaey, Marc & Schokkaert, Erik
- 91-108 Chronic diseases and labour force participation in Australia
by Zhang, Xiaohui & Zhao, Xueyan & Harris, Anthony
- 109-131 Parental education and child health: Evidence from a schooling reform
by Lindeboom, Maarten & Llena-Nozal, Ana & van der Klaauw, Bas
- 132-142 Why parents worry: Initiation into cannabis use by youth and their educational attainment
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 143-154 Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe?
by Bonsang, Eric
- 155-168 Does compulsory education lower mortality?
by Albouy, Valerie & Lequien, Laurent
- 169-175 Calculating concentration index with repetitive values of indicators of economic welfare
by Chen, Zhuo & Roy, Kakoli
- 176-197 Reference pricing and firms' pricing strategies
by Miraldo, Marisa
- 198-209 Shifted deductibles for high risks: More effective in reducing moral hazard than traditional deductibles
by van Kleef, R.C. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 210-220 The social welfare function and individual responsibility: Some theoretical issues and empirical evidence
by Dolan, Paul & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 221-233 A comparative analysis of some policy options to reduce rationing in the UK's NHS: Lessons from a general equilibrium model incorporating positive health effects
by Rutten, Martine & Reed, Geoffrey
- 234-243 The correction of TTO-scores for utility curvature using a risk-free utility elicitation method
by Attema, Arthur E. & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 244-250 Physician financial incentives and cesarean delivery: New conclusions from the healthcare cost and utilization project
by Grant, Darren
- 251-254 Reply to Ralph Bradley, "Comment - Defining health insurance affordability: Unobserved heterogeneity matters"
by Bundorf, M. Kate & Pauly, Mark V.
- 255-264 Comment--Defining health insurance affordability: Unobserved heterogeneity matters
by Bradley, Ralph
2008, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 1407-1417 Moral hazard in insurance, value-based cost sharing, and the benefits of blissful ignorance
by Pauly, Mark V. & Blavin, Fredric E.
- 1418-1422 To wait or to pay for medical treatment? Restraining ex-post moral hazard in health insurance
by Felder, Stefan
- 1423-1435 Effect of public long-term care insurance on consumption, medical care demand, and welfare
by Ariizumi, Hideki
- 1436-1450 Physicians' multitasking and incentives: Empirical evidence from a natural experiment
by Dumont, Etienne & Fortin, Bernard & Jacquemet, Nicolas & Shearer, Bruce
- 1451-1461 Managed care and medical expenditures of Medicare beneficiaries
by Chernew, Michael & DeCicca, Philip & Town, Robert
- 1462-1471 Mortality and immortality: The Nobel Prize as an experiment into the effect of status upon longevity
by Rablen, Matthew D. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 1472-1488 Persistence in health limitations: A European comparative analysis
by Hernández-Quevedo, Cristina & Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel
- 1489-1502 An evaluation of the age-profile in the relationship between household income and the health of children in the United States
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 1503-1515 Smoking and social interaction
by Poutvaara, Panu & Siemers, Lars-H. R.
- 1516-1531 Does education induce healthy lifestyle?
by Park, Cheolsung & Kang, Changhui
- 1532-1550 Local labor market fluctuations and health: Is there a connection and for whom?
by Charles, Kerwin Kofi & DeCicca, Philip
- 1551-1566 Welfare reform, time limits, and infant health
by Leonard, Jonathan & Mas, Alexandre
- 1567-1581 Has public health insurance for older children reduced disparities in access to care and health outcomes?
by Currie, Janet & Decker, Sandra & Lin, Wanchuan
- 1582-1593 Progressivity, horizontal inequality and reranking caused by health system financing: A decomposition analysis for Switzerland
by Bilger, Marcel
- 1594-1604 Aversion to health inequalities and priority setting in health care
by Bleichrodt, Han & Crainich, David & Eeckhoudt, Louis
- 1605-1613 Decomposing the causes of inequalities in health care use: A micro-simulations approach
by Huber, Hélène
- 1614-1625 Inequality measurement for ordered response health data
by Abul Naga, Ramses H. & Yalcin, Tarik
- 1626-1644 Robustness in health research: Do differences in health measures, techniques, and time frame matter?
by Frijters, Paul & Ulker, Aydogan
- 1645-1649 Future costs in economic evaluation: A comment on Lee
by Feenstra, Talitha L. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Gandjour, Afshin & Brouwer, Werner B.F.
- 1650-1651 Thinking rigorously about future costs in cost effectiveness analysis
by Lee, Robert H.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 1143-1154 Ramsey waits: Allocating public health service resources when there is rationing by waiting
by Gravelle, Hugh & Siciliani, Luigi
- 1155-1167 Choice of contracts in the British National Health Service: An empirical study
by Chalkley, Martin & McVicar, Duncan
- 1168-1181 Do physician remuneration schemes matter? The case of Canadian family physicians
by Devlin, Rose Anne & Sarma, Sisira
- 1182-1195 Using global ratings of health plans to improve the quality of health care
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G. & Cao, Zhun & Zaslavsky, Alan
- 1196-1200 Supply-side risk adjustment and outlier payment policy
by Mougeot, Michel & Naegelen, Florence
- 1201-1207 Start spreading the news: A structural estimate of the effects of New York hospital report cards
by Dranove, David & Sfekas, Andrew
- 1208-1223 Hospital ownership and performance: Evidence from stroke and cardiac treatment in Taiwan
by Lien, Hsien-Ming & Chou, Shin-Yi & Liu, Jin-Tan
- 1224-1236 Cost-effectiveness analysis and innovation
by Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J.
- 1237-1249 New tests of QALYs when health varies over time
by Bleichrodt, Han & Filko, Martin
- 1250-1259 Incorporating model uncertainty in cost-effectiveness analysis: A Bayesian model averaging approach
by Negrin, Miguel A. & Vázquez-Polo, Francisco-José
- 1260-1274 Predicting health behaviors with an experimental measure of risk preference
by Anderson, Lisa R. & Mellor, Jennifer M.
- 1275-1284 Optimal recall length in survey design
by Clarke, Philip M. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 1285-1298 Are tax subsidies for private medical insurance self-financing? Evidence from a microsimulation model
by López Nicolás, Ángel & Vera-Hernández, Marcos
- 1299-1311 Gender, risk perceptions, and smoking behavior
by Lundborg, Petter & Andersson, Henrik
- 1312-1325 Health and wealth of elderly couples: Causality tests using dynamic panel data models
by Michaud, Pierre-Carl & van Soest, Arthur
- 1326-1342 Heightened mortality after the death of a spouse: Marriage protection or marriage selection?
by Espinosa, Javier & Evans, William N.
- 1343-1356 The effect of water accessibility on child health in China
by Mangyo, Eiji
- 1357-1367 GP supply and obesity
by Morris, Stephen & Gravelle, Hugh
- 1368-1381 The effect of adolescent virginity status on psychological well-being
by Sabia, Joseph J. & Rees, Daniel I.
- 1382-1387 Is obesity contagious? Social networks vs. environmental factors in the obesity epidemic
by Cohen-Cole, Ethan & Fletcher, Jason M.
- 1388-1399 Peer effects in adolescent overweight
by Trogdon, Justin G. & Nonnemaker, James & Pais, Joanne
- 1400-1405 Estimating peer effects on health in social networks: A response to Cohen-Cole and Fletcher; and Trogdon, Nonnemaker, and Pais
by Fowler, J.H. & Christakis, N.A.
2008, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 809-818 Future costs in cost effectiveness analysis
by Lee, Robert H.
- 819-821 Future costs and the future of cost-effectiveness analysis
by Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E.
- 822-825 Response to "Future costs and the future of cost-effectiveness analysis"
by Meltzer, David
- 826-842 Does health care spending improve health outcomes? Evidence from English programme budgeting data
by Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Smith, Peter C.
- 843-870 The impact of early discharge laws on the health of newborns
by Evans, William N. & Garthwaite, Craig & Wei, Heng
- 871-887 Maternal employment, breastfeeding, and health: Evidence from maternity leave mandates
by Baker, Michael & Milligan, Kevin
- 888-903 Does teenage childbearing increase smoking, drinking and body size?
by Webbink, Dinand & Martin, Nicholas G. & Visscher, Peter M.
- 904-917 Cigarette taxes and the transition from youth to adult smoking: Smoking initiation, cessation, and participation
by DeCicca, Philip & Kenkel, Don & Mathios, Alan
- 918-929 Cigarette taxes and older adult smoking: Evidence from recent large tax increases
by DeCicca, Philip & McLeod, Logan
- 930-942 The impact of tobacco advertising bans on consumption in developing countries
by Blecher, Evan
- 943-958 The mortality cost to smokers
by Viscusi, W. Kip & Hersch, Joni
- 959-972 Willingness to pay for drug rehabilitation: Implications for cost recovery
by Bishai, D. & Sindelar, J. & Ricketts, E.P. & Huettner, S. & Cornelius, L. & Lloyd, J.J. & Havens, J.R. & Latkin, C.A. & Strathdee, S.A.
- 973-989 Safety for whom? The effects of light trucks on traffic fatalities
by Anderson, Michael
- 990-1005 Can insurance increase financial risk?: The curious case of health insurance in China
by Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus
- 1006-1025 Moral hazard and the demand for health services: A matching estimator approach
by Barros, Pedro Pita & Machado, Matilde P. & Sanz-de-Galdeano, Anna
- 1026-1045 Is managed care restraining the adoption of technology by hospitals?
by Mas, Núria & Seinfeld, Janice
- 1046-1059 Does how much and how you pay matter? Evidence from the inpatient rehabilitation care prospective payment system
by Sood, Neeraj & Buntin, Melinda Beeuwkes & Escarce, José J.
- 1060-1077 Market incentives and pharmaceutical innovation
by Yin, Wesley
- 1078-1094 Modelling heterogeneity in patients' preferences for the attributes of a general practitioner appointment
by Hole, Arne Risa
- 1095-1108 Bias and asymmetric loss in expert forecasts: A study of physician prognostic behavior with respect to patient survival
by Alexander, Marcus & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1109-1128 A discrete choice decomposition analysis of racial and ethnic differences in children's health insurance coverage
by Pylypchuk, Yuriy & Selden, Thomas M.
- 1129-1140 Comment--Defining health insurance affordability: Unobserved heterogeneity matters
by Bradley, Ralph
- 1141-1142 Corrigendum to "Stationarity of health expenditures and GDP: Evidence from panel unit root tests with heterogeneous structural breaks" [J. Health Econ. 22 (2003) 313-323]
by Lee, Junsoo & Tieslau, Margie & Strazicich, Mark C. & Jewell, Todd
2008, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 531-543 Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling
by Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J.
- 544-563 The reversal of the relation between economic growth and health progress: Sweden in the 19th and 20th centuries
by Tapia Granados, José A. & Ionides, Edward L.
- 564-584 Health status and health dynamics in an empirical model of expected longevity
by Benitez-Silva, Hugo & Ni, Huan
- 585-602 Information technology and medical missteps: Evidence from a randomized trial
by Javitt, Jonathan C. & Rebitzer, James B. & Reisman, Lonny
- 603-623 What drives health care expenditure?--Baumol's model of 'unbalanced growth' revisited
by Hartwig, Jochen
- 624-641 Avoidable mortality risks and measurement of wellbeing and inequality
by Tang, Kam Ki & Chin, Jackie T.C. & Rao, D.S. Prasada
- 642-662 The effects of mandatory seatbelt laws on seatbelt use, motor vehicle fatalities, and crash-related injuries among youths
by Carpenter, Christopher S. & Stehr, Mark
- 663-674 Optimal quality, waits and charges in health insurance
by Gravelle, Hugh & Siciliani, Luigi
- 675-689 The economics of sexuality: The effect of HIV/AIDS on homosexual behavior in the United States
by Francis, Andrew M.
- 690-705 Birth spacing, fertility selection and child survival: Analysis using a correlated hazard model
by Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha
- 706-717 Is risk attitude outcome specific within the health domain?
by van der Pol, Marjon & Ruggeri, Matteo
- 718-738 Your next of kin or your own career?: Caring and working among the 50+ of Europe
by Bolin, K. & Lindgren, B. & Lundborg, P.
- 739-752 Are some lives more valuable? An ethical preferences approach
by Johansson-Stenman, Olof & Martinsson, Peter
- 753-769 Emotions and decision rules in discrete choice experiments for valuing health care programmes for the elderly
by Araña, Jorge E. & León, Carmelo J. & Hanemann, Michael W.
- 770-785 Are primary care physicians, public and private sector specialists substitutes or complements? Evidence from a simultaneous equations model for count data
by Atella, Vincenzo & Deb, Partha
- 786-793 Welfare reform and the decline in the health-insurance coverage of children of non-permanent residents
by Lurie, Ithai Zvi
- 794-800 Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD revisited
by Fletcher, Jason & Wolfe, Barbara
- 801-807 The income gradient in children's health: A comment on Currie, Shields and Wheatley Price
by Case, Anne & Lee, Diana & Paxson, Christina
2008, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 175-200 The risk we bear: The effects of review speed and industry user fees on new drug safety
by Olson, Mary K.
- 201-217 Crowd-out 10 years later: Have recent public insurance expansions crowded out private health insurance?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Simon, Kosali
- 218-233 Hypertension and happiness across nations
by Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 234-248 Mad cows, terrorism and junk food: Should public policy reflect perceived or objective risks?
by Johansson-Stenman, Olof
- 249-264 Asymmetric peer effects in the analysis of cigarette smoking among young people in the United States, 1992-1999
by Harris, Jeffrey E. & González López-Valcárcel, Beatriz
- 265-286 Social networks, information and health care utilization: Evidence from undocumented immigrants in Milan
by Devillanova, Carlo
- 287-299 Cigarette taxes and youth smoking: New evidence from national, state, and local Youth Risk Behavior Surveys
by Carpenter, Christopher & Cook, Philip J.
- 300-307 Sample selection versus two-part models revisited: The case of female smoking and drinking
by Madden, David
- 308-324 Health, income and relative deprivation: Evidence from the BHPS
by Jones, Andrew M. & Wildman, John
- 325-338 Welfarism vs. extra-welfarism
by Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Culyer, Anthony J. & van Exel, N. Job A. & Rutten, Frans F.H.
- 339-361 Medicare reimbursement, nurse staffing, and patient outcomes
by Kaestner, Robert & Guardado, Jose
- 362-376 Is the impact of managed care on hospital prices decreasing?
by Dranove, David & Lindrooth, Richard & White, William D. & Zwanziger, Jack
- 377-404 The strategic interaction between firms and formulary committees: Effects on the prices of new drugs
by Garcia-Alonso, Maria D.C. & Garcia-Mariñoso, Begoña
- 405-426 Modelling geographic variation in the cost-effectiveness of control policies for infectious vector diseases: The example of Chagas disease
by Castillo-Riquelme, Marianela & Chalabi, Zaid & Lord, Joanne & Guhl, Felipe & Campbell-Lendrum, Diarmid & Davies, Clive & Fox-Rushby, Julia
- 427-443 Risk equalization and voluntary deductibles: A complex interaction
by van Kleef, R.C. & Beck, K. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M. & van Vliet, R.C.J.A.
- 444-459 Is patient satisfaction sensitive to changes in the quality of care? An exploitation of the Hawthorne effect
by Leonard, Kenneth L.
- 460-475 Who pays for health care in Asia?
by O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Rannan-Eliya, Ravi P. & Somanathan, Aparnaa & Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Akkazieva, Baktygul & Harbianto, Deni & Garg, Charu C. & Hanvoravongchai, Piya & Herrin, Alejandro N. & Huq, Mohammed N. & Ibragimova, Shamsia & Karan, Anup & Kwon, Soon-man & Leung, Gabriel M. & Lu, Jui-fen Rachel & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Pande, Badri Raj & Racelis, Rachel & Tin, Keith & Tisayaticom, Kanjana & Trisnantoro, Laksono & Wan, Quan & Yang, Bong-Min & Zhao, Yuxin
- 476-495 Measuring and illustrating statistical evidence in a cost-effectiveness analysis
by Hoch, Jeffrey S. & Blume, Jeffrey D.
- 496-509 Dynamics of work disability and pain
by Kapteyn, Arie & Smith, James P. & van Soest, Arthur
- 510-518 Busy physicians
by Grytten, Jostein & Sørensen, Rune
- 519-529 Beyond BMI: The value of more accurate measures of fatness and obesity in social science research
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John
2008, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-26 Mortality, lifestyle and socio-economic status
by Balia, Silvia & Jones, Andrew M.
- 27-44 Income productivity in China: On the role of health
by Liu, Gordon G. & Dow, William H. & Fu, Alex Z. & Akin, John & Lance, Peter
- 45-68 Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight
by Schroeter, Christiane & Lusk, Jayson & Tyner, Wallace
- 69-88 Projecting long term medical spending growth
by Borger, Christine & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Won, Gregory Y.
- 89-105 Estimating workers' marginal valuation of employer health benefits: Would insured workers prefer more health insurance or higher wages
by Royalty, Anne Beeson
- 106-133 The effectiveness of cigarette regulations in reducing cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
by Markowitz, Sara
- 134-156 Informal care and Medicare expenditures: Testing for heterogeneous treatment effects
by Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C.
- 157-173 Does treating maternal depression improve child health management The case of pediatric asthma
by Perry, Cynthia D.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 1071-1072 In recognition of Joseph P. Newhouse
by Frank, Richard G. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 1073-1074 In recognition of Anthony J. Culyer
by Claxton, Karl
- 1075-1080 25 years of excellence: The Journal of Health Economics in retrospective
by Phelps, Charles E.
- 1081-1100 The lifetime costs and benefits of medical technology
by Cutler, David M.
- 1101-1127 Custom-made versus ready-to-wear treatments: Behavioral propensities in physicians' choices
by Frank, Richard G. & Zeckhauser, Richard J.
- 1128-1150 Optimal health insurance for prevention and treatment
by Ellis, Randall P. & Manning, Willard G.
- 1151-1169 How much uncompensated care do doctors provide?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Rodriguez, David
- 1170-1189 Using performance measures to motivate `report-averse' and `report-loving' agents
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G. & Newhouse, Joseph P.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 865-876 Altered states: The impact of immediate craving on the valuation of current and future opioids
by Badger, Gary J. & Bickel, Warren K. & Giordano, Louis A. & Jacobs, Eric A. & Loewenstein, George & Marsch, Lisa
- 877-895 Does education affect smoking behaviors?: Evidence using the Vietnam draft as an instrument for college education
by de Walque, Damien
- 896-926 Education and smoking: Were Vietnam war draft avoiders also more likely to avoid smoking?
by Grimard, Franque & Parent, Daniel
- 927-949 Time preference, time discounting, and smoking decisions
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Silverman, Dan & Sloan, Frank
- 950-967 Fraternity membership and binge drinking
by DeSimone, Jeff
- 968-991 Do food stamps cause obesity?: Evidence from immigrant experience
by Kaushal, N.
- 992-1002 Multi-attribute utility function or statistical inference models: A comparison of health state valuation models using the HUI2 health state classification system
by Stevens, Katherine & McCabe, Christopher & Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer
- 1003-1013 Tests of utility independence when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne & Robinson, Angela
- 1014-1026 Specialist payment schemes and patient selection in private and public hospitals
by Wright, Donald J.
- 1027-1030 Optimal wages in the market for nurses: An analysis based on Heyes' model
by Taylor, Lowell J.
- 1031-1033 Optimal wages in the market for nurses
by Heyes, Anthony G.
- 1034-1056 Worker sorting, compensating differentials and health insurance: Evidence from displaced workers
by Lehrer, Steven F. & Pereira, Nuno Sousa
- 1057-1070 Liability, insurance and medical practice
by Fenn, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rickman, Neil
2007, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 659-681 The long-term health and economic consequences of the 1959-1961 famine in China
by Chen, Yuyu & Zhou, Li-An
- 682-698 Explaining China's regional health expenditures using LM-type unit root tests
by Chou, Win Lin
- 699-720 Quality incentives for GPs in a regulated market
by Karlsson, Martin
- 721-741 Primary physician services--List size and primary physicians' service production
by Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune
- 742-762 The impact of budgets for gatekeeping physicians on patient satisfaction: Evidence from fundholding
by Dusheiko, Mark & Gravelle, Hugh & Yu, Ning & Campbell, Stephen
- 763-784 "It wasn't me, it was them!" Social influence in risky behavior by adolescents
by Clark, Andrew E. & Loheac, Youenn
- 785-799 Economic evaluation of services for a National Health Scheme: The case for a fairness-based framework
by Richardson, Jeff & McKie, John
- 800-820 Benefit efficient statistical distributions on patient lists
by Uboe, Jan & Lillestol, Jostein
- 821-841 The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs
by Heitmueller, Axel & Inglis, Kirsty
- 842-864 Mental health expenditure in England: A spatial panel approach
by Moscone, Francesco & Knapp, Martin & Tosetti, Elisa
2007, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 431-446 Effects of infertility insurance mandates on fertility
by Schmidt, Lucie
- 447-462 Two-tier charging strategies in public hospitals: Implications for intra-hospital resource allocation and equity of access to hospital services
by McPake, Barbara & Hanson, Kara & Adam, Christopher
- 463-482 Exploring preference anomalies in double bounded contingent valuation
by Watson, Verity & Ryan, Mandy
- 483-504 HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa: Micro- and macro-econometric evidences applied to Burkina Faso
by Lachaud, Jean-Pierre
- 505-535 Do health sector reforms have their intended impacts?: The World Bank's Health VIII project in Gansu province, China
by Wagstaff, Adam & Yu, Shengchao
- 536-559 The chicken or the egg?: Endogeneity in labour market participation of informal carers in England
by Heitmueller, Axel
- 560-577 Moral hazard in nursing home use
by Grabowski, David C. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 578-596 Cannabis prices and dynamics of cannabis use
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 597-612 Modelling SF-6D health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method
by Kharroubi, Samer A. & Brazier, John E. & Roberts, Jennifer & O'Hagan, Anthony
- 613-642 Reference pricing of pharmaceuticals
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Konigbauer, Ingrid & Straume, Odd Rune
- 643-658 Rationality and drug use: An experimental approach
by Blondel, Serge & Loheac, Youenn & Rinaudo, Stephane
2007, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 213-232 The child health/family income gradient: Evidence from England
by Currie, Alison & Shields, Michael A. & Price, Stephen Wheatley
- 233-250 Competition among differentiated health plans under adverse selection
by Olivella, Pau & Vera-Hernandez, Marcos
- 251-262 What should (public) health insurance cover?
by Hoel, Michael
- 263-285 The market for elective surgery: Joint estimation of supply and demand
by Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Jacobs, Rowena & Smith, Peter
- 286-305 Advertising and generic market entry
by Konigbauer, Ingrid
- 306-325 Why do women participate in the English cervical cancer screening programme?
by Whynes, David K. & Philips, Zoe & Avis, Mark
- 326-341 Medicare balance billing restrictions: Impacts on physicians and beneficiaries
by McKnight, Robin
- 342-357 Do religious nonprofit and for-profit organizations respond differently to financial incentives? The hospice industry
by Lindrooth, Richard C. & Weisbrod, Burton A.
- 358-372 The earnings of U.S. health economists
by Cawley, John & Morrisey, Michael A.
- 373-399 Insurance choice and tax-preferred health savings accounts
by Cardon, James H. & Showalter, Mark H.
- 400-413 The effects of multi-hospital systems on hospital prices
by Melnick, Glenn & Keeler, Emmett
- 414-421 Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function
by Dutta, Indranil
- 422-425 In response to Indranil Dutta, "Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function"
by Abasolo, Ignacio & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 426-429 Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function: A rejoinder
by Dutta, Indranil
2007, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-24 Inequality and mortality: Long-run evidence from a panel of countries
by Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher
- 25-48 Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending
by Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 49-60 Money and mental wellbeing: A longitudinal study of medium-sized lottery wins
by Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 61-81 Cigarette smoking and self-control
by Kan, Kamhon
- 82-100 The economic consequences of health shocks: Evidence from Vietnam
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 101-121 Does managed health care reduce health care disparities between minorities and Whites?
by Balsa, Ana I. & Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 122-148 Efficient computation of partial expected value of sample information using Bayesian approximation
by Brennan, Alan & Kharroubi, Samer A.
- 149-170 Gatekeeping in health care
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Nuscheler, Robert & Straume, Odd Rune
- 171-189 Best-worst scaling: What it can do for health care research and how to do it
by Flynn, Terry N. & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 190-212 Geographically differentiated pay in the labour market for nurses
by Elliott, Robert F. & Ma, Ada H.Y. & Scott, Anthony & Bell, David & Roberts, Elizabeth
2006, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 1015-1028 Addressing the issues that arise in analysing multicentre cost data, with application to a multinational study
by Thompson, Simon G. & Nixon, Richard M. & Grieve, Richard