Journal of Health Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: J. P. Newhouse
Current editor: A. J. Culyer
Current editor: R. Frank
Current editor: K. Claxton
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Joseph Newhouse
Anthony J. Culyer
Karl Philip Claxton
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jhecon
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2008, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 496-509 Dynamics of work disability and pain
by Kapteyn, Arie & Smith, James P. & van Soest, Arthur
- 510-518 Busy physicians
by Grytten, Jostein & Sørensen, Rune
- 519-529 Beyond BMI: The value of more accurate measures of fatness and obesity in social science research
by Burkhauser, Richard V. & Cawley, John
2008, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-26 Mortality, lifestyle and socio-economic status
by Balia, Silvia & Jones, Andrew M.
- 27-44 Income productivity in China: On the role of health
by Liu, Gordon G. & Dow, William H. & Fu, Alex Z. & Akin, John & Lance, Peter
- 45-68 Determining the impact of food price and income changes on body weight
by Schroeter, Christiane & Lusk, Jayson & Tyner, Wallace
- 69-88 Projecting long term medical spending growth
by Borger, Christine & Rutherford, Thomas F. & Won, Gregory Y.
- 89-105 Estimating workers' marginal valuation of employer health benefits: Would insured workers prefer more health insurance or higher wages
by Royalty, Anne Beeson
- 106-133 The effectiveness of cigarette regulations in reducing cases of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
by Markowitz, Sara
- 134-156 Informal care and Medicare expenditures: Testing for heterogeneous treatment effects
by Van Houtven, Courtney Harold & Norton, Edward C.
- 157-173 Does treating maternal depression improve child health management The case of pediatric asthma
by Perry, Cynthia D.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 6
- 1071-1072 In recognition of Joseph P. Newhouse
by Frank, Richard G. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 1073-1074 In recognition of Anthony J. Culyer
by Claxton, Karl
- 1075-1080 25 years of excellence: The Journal of Health Economics in retrospective
by Phelps, Charles E.
- 1081-1100 The lifetime costs and benefits of medical technology
by Cutler, David M.
- 1101-1127 Custom-made versus ready-to-wear treatments: Behavioral propensities in physicians' choices
by Frank, Richard G. & Zeckhauser, Richard J.
- 1128-1150 Optimal health insurance for prevention and treatment
by Ellis, Randall P. & Manning, Willard G.
- 1151-1169 How much uncompensated care do doctors provide?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Rodriguez, David
- 1170-1189 Using performance measures to motivate `report-averse' and `report-loving' agents
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G. & Newhouse, Joseph P.
2007, Volume 26, Issue 5
- 865-876 Altered states: The impact of immediate craving on the valuation of current and future opioids
by Badger, Gary J. & Bickel, Warren K. & Giordano, Louis A. & Jacobs, Eric A. & Loewenstein, George & Marsch, Lisa
- 877-895 Does education affect smoking behaviors?: Evidence using the Vietnam draft as an instrument for college education
by de Walque, Damien
- 896-926 Education and smoking: Were Vietnam war draft avoiders also more likely to avoid smoking?
by Grimard, Franque & Parent, Daniel
- 927-949 Time preference, time discounting, and smoking decisions
by Khwaja, Ahmed & Silverman, Dan & Sloan, Frank
- 950-967 Fraternity membership and binge drinking
by DeSimone, Jeff
- 968-991 Do food stamps cause obesity?: Evidence from immigrant experience
by Kaushal, N.
- 992-1002 Multi-attribute utility function or statistical inference models: A comparison of health state valuation models using the HUI2 health state classification system
by Stevens, Katherine & McCabe, Christopher & Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer
- 1003-1013 Tests of utility independence when health varies over time
by Spencer, Anne & Robinson, Angela
- 1014-1026 Specialist payment schemes and patient selection in private and public hospitals
by Wright, Donald J.
- 1027-1030 Optimal wages in the market for nurses: An analysis based on Heyes' model
by Taylor, Lowell J.
- 1031-1033 Optimal wages in the market for nurses
by Heyes, Anthony G.
- 1034-1056 Worker sorting, compensating differentials and health insurance: Evidence from displaced workers
by Lehrer, Steven F. & Pereira, Nuno Sousa
- 1057-1070 Liability, insurance and medical practice
by Fenn, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rickman, Neil
2007, Volume 26, Issue 4
- 659-681 The long-term health and economic consequences of the 1959-1961 famine in China
by Chen, Yuyu & Zhou, Li-An
- 682-698 Explaining China's regional health expenditures using LM-type unit root tests
by Chou, Win Lin
- 699-720 Quality incentives for GPs in a regulated market
by Karlsson, Martin
- 721-741 Primary physician services--List size and primary physicians' service production
by Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune
- 742-762 The impact of budgets for gatekeeping physicians on patient satisfaction: Evidence from fundholding
by Dusheiko, Mark & Gravelle, Hugh & Yu, Ning & Campbell, Stephen
- 763-784 "It wasn't me, it was them!" Social influence in risky behavior by adolescents
by Clark, Andrew E. & Loheac, Youenn
- 785-799 Economic evaluation of services for a National Health Scheme: The case for a fairness-based framework
by Richardson, Jeff & McKie, John
- 800-820 Benefit efficient statistical distributions on patient lists
by Uboe, Jan & Lillestol, Jostein
- 821-841 The earnings of informal carers: Wage differentials and opportunity costs
by Heitmueller, Axel & Inglis, Kirsty
- 842-864 Mental health expenditure in England: A spatial panel approach
by Moscone, Francesco & Knapp, Martin & Tosetti, Elisa
2007, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 431-446 Effects of infertility insurance mandates on fertility
by Schmidt, Lucie
- 447-462 Two-tier charging strategies in public hospitals: Implications for intra-hospital resource allocation and equity of access to hospital services
by McPake, Barbara & Hanson, Kara & Adam, Christopher
- 463-482 Exploring preference anomalies in double bounded contingent valuation
by Watson, Verity & Ryan, Mandy
- 483-504 HIV prevalence and poverty in Africa: Micro- and macro-econometric evidences applied to Burkina Faso
by Lachaud, Jean-Pierre
- 505-535 Do health sector reforms have their intended impacts?: The World Bank's Health VIII project in Gansu province, China
by Wagstaff, Adam & Yu, Shengchao
- 536-559 The chicken or the egg?: Endogeneity in labour market participation of informal carers in England
by Heitmueller, Axel
- 560-577 Moral hazard in nursing home use
by Grabowski, David C. & Gruber, Jonathan
- 578-596 Cannabis prices and dynamics of cannabis use
by van Ours, Jan C. & Williams, Jenny
- 597-612 Modelling SF-6D health state preference data using a nonparametric Bayesian method
by Kharroubi, Samer A. & Brazier, John E. & Roberts, Jennifer & O'Hagan, Anthony
- 613-642 Reference pricing of pharmaceuticals
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Konigbauer, Ingrid & Straume, Odd Rune
- 643-658 Rationality and drug use: An experimental approach
by Blondel, Serge & Loheac, Youenn & Rinaudo, Stephane
2007, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 213-232 The child health/family income gradient: Evidence from England
by Currie, Alison & Shields, Michael A. & Price, Stephen Wheatley
- 233-250 Competition among differentiated health plans under adverse selection
by Olivella, Pau & Vera-Hernandez, Marcos
- 251-262 What should (public) health insurance cover?
by Hoel, Michael
- 263-285 The market for elective surgery: Joint estimation of supply and demand
by Martin, Stephen & Rice, Nigel & Jacobs, Rowena & Smith, Peter
- 286-305 Advertising and generic market entry
by Konigbauer, Ingrid
- 306-325 Why do women participate in the English cervical cancer screening programme?
by Whynes, David K. & Philips, Zoe & Avis, Mark
- 326-341 Medicare balance billing restrictions: Impacts on physicians and beneficiaries
by McKnight, Robin
- 342-357 Do religious nonprofit and for-profit organizations respond differently to financial incentives? The hospice industry
by Lindrooth, Richard C. & Weisbrod, Burton A.
- 358-372 The earnings of U.S. health economists
by Cawley, John & Morrisey, Michael A.
- 373-399 Insurance choice and tax-preferred health savings accounts
by Cardon, James H. & Showalter, Mark H.
- 400-413 The effects of multi-hospital systems on hospital prices
by Melnick, Glenn & Keeler, Emmett
- 414-421 Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function
by Dutta, Indranil
- 422-425 In response to Indranil Dutta, "Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function"
by Abasolo, Ignacio & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 426-429 Health inequality and non-monotonicity of the health related social welfare function: A rejoinder
by Dutta, Indranil
2007, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-24 Inequality and mortality: Long-run evidence from a panel of countries
by Leigh, Andrew & Jencks, Christopher
- 25-48 Predictability and predictiveness in health care spending
by Ellis, Randall P. & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 49-60 Money and mental wellbeing: A longitudinal study of medium-sized lottery wins
by Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew J.
- 61-81 Cigarette smoking and self-control
by Kan, Kamhon
- 82-100 The economic consequences of health shocks: Evidence from Vietnam
by Wagstaff, Adam
- 101-121 Does managed health care reduce health care disparities between minorities and Whites?
by Balsa, Ana I. & Cao, Zhun & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 122-148 Efficient computation of partial expected value of sample information using Bayesian approximation
by Brennan, Alan & Kharroubi, Samer A.
- 149-170 Gatekeeping in health care
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Nuscheler, Robert & Straume, Odd Rune
- 171-189 Best-worst scaling: What it can do for health care research and how to do it
by Flynn, Terry N. & Louviere, Jordan J. & Peters, Tim J. & Coast, Joanna
- 190-212 Geographically differentiated pay in the labour market for nurses
by Elliott, Robert F. & Ma, Ada H.Y. & Scott, Anthony & Bell, David & Roberts, Elizabeth
2006, Volume 25, Issue 6
- 1015-1028 Addressing the issues that arise in analysing multicentre cost data, with application to a multinational study
by Thompson, Simon G. & Nixon, Richard M. & Grieve, Richard
- 1029-1048 Performance assessment in the context of multiple objectives: A multivariate multilevel analysis
by Hauck, Katharina & Street, Andrew
- 1049-1068 Scale and scope efficiencies through hospital consolidations
by Preyra, Colin & Pink, George
- 1069-1093 Are recessions good for workplace safety?
by Boone, Jan & van Ours, Jan C.
- 1094-1118 Child mental health and human capital accumulation: The case of ADHD
by Currie, Janet & Stabile, Mark
- 1119-1138 Modelling and estimation of valuations for the Dutch London Handicap Scale
by Groothuis-Oudshoorn, Catharina G.M. & Chorus, Astrid M.J. & Taeke van Beekum, W. & Detmar, Symone B. & van den Hout, Wilbert B.
- 1139-1153 Access to primary health care and health outcomes: The relationships between GP characteristics and mortality rates
by Aakvik, Arild & Holmas, Tor Helge
- 1154-1169 Insuring children or insuring families: Do parental and sibling coverage lead to improved retention of children in Medicaid and CHIP?
by Sommers, Benjamin D.
- 1170-1192 SCHIP expansion and parental coverage: An evaluation of Wisconsin's BadgerCare
by Wolfe, Barbara & Kaplan, Thomas & Haveman, Robert & Cho, Yoonyoung
- 1193-1202 Health insurance and imperfect competition in the health care market
by Vaithianathan, Rhema
2006, Volume 25, Issue 5
- 803-820 Further evidence of preference reversals: Choice, valuation and ranking over distributions of life expectancy
by Oliver, Adam
- 821-846 The welfare cost of violence across countries
by Soares, Rodrigo R.
- 847-860 Genetic testing in competitive insurance markets with repulsion from chance: A welfare analysis
by Hoel, Michael & Iversen, Tor & Nilssen, Tore & Vislie, Jon
- 861-876 Insurer-provider integration, credible commitment, and managed-care backlash
by Miller, Nolan H.
- 877-890 Examining structural breaks and growth rates in international health expenditures
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar
- 891-907 A dynamic model of supply of elective surgery in the presence of waiting times and waiting lists
by Siciliani, Luigi
- 908-926 Optimal risk adjustment with adverse selection and spatial competition
by Jack, William
- 927-944 Using discrete choice experiments to estimate a preference-based measure of outcome--An application to social care for older people
by Ryan, Mandy & Netten, Ann & Skatun, Diane & Smith, Paul
- 945-957 A welfare economics foundation for health inequality measurement
by Bleichrodt, Han & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 958-978 Don't give up on me baby: Spousal correlation in smoking behaviour
by Clark, Andrew E. & Etile, Fabrice
- 979-1003 Relative income, race, and mortality
by Miller, Douglas L. & Paxson, Christina
- 1005-1014 Reconsidering the moral hazard-risk avoidance tradeoff
by Newhouse, Joseph P.
2006, Volume 25, Issue 4
- 599-620 The impact of presumed consent legislation on cadaveric organ donation: A cross-country study
by Abadie, Alberto & Gay, Sebastien
- 621-649 Ill health and retirement in Britain: A panel data-based analysis
by Disney, Richard & Emmerson, Carl & Wakefield, Matthew
- 650-673 Is health insurance affordable for the uninsured?
by Bundorf, M. Kate & Pauly, Mark V.
- 674-701 Household responses to public home care programs
by Stabile, Mark & Laporte, Audrey & Coyte, Peter C.
- 702-721 The effects of cardiac specialty hospitals on the cost and quality of medical care
by Barro, Jason R. & Huckman, Robert S. & Kessler, Daniel P.
- 722-739 An analysis of the length of stay and effectiveness of treatment for hip fracture patients in Japan: Evaluation of the 2002 revision of the medical service fee schedule
by Nawata, Kazumitsu & Nitta, Ayako & Watanabe, Sonoko & Kawabuchi, Koichi
- 740-761 How far to the hospital?: The effect of hospital closures on access to care
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Jacobson, Mireille & Wold, Cheryl
- 762-781 The effect of quality information on consumer health plan switching: Evidence from the Buyers Health Care Action Group
by Abraham, Jean M. & Feldman, Roger & Carlin, Caroline & Christianson, Jon
- 782-801 An ordered generalised extreme value model with application to alcohol consumption in Australia
by Harris, Mark N. & Ramful, Preety & Zhao, Xueyan
2006, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 395-417 Incentive-compatible guaranteed renewable health insurance premiums
by Herring, Bradley & Pauly, Mark V.
- 418-431 Using rank data to estimate health state utility models
by McCabe, Christopher & Brazier, John & Gilks, Peter & Tsuchiya, Aki & Roberts, Jennifer & O'Hagan, Anthony & Stevens, Katherine
- 432-448 "Quick and dirty numbers"?: The reliability of a stated-preference technique for the measurement of preferences for resource allocation
by Schwappach, David L.B. & Strasmann, Thomas J.
- 449-478 The effect of financial incentives on gatekeeping doctors: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Dusheiko, Mark & Gravelle, Hugh & Jacobs, Rowena & Smith, Peter
- 479-499 Selection of treatment under prospective payment systems in the hospital sector
by Siciliani, Luigi
- 500-519 Case management interviews and the return to work of disabled employees
by Hogelund, Jan & Holm, Anders
- 520-537 What influences participation in genetic carrier testing?: Results from a discrete choice experiment
by Hall, Jane & Fiebig, Denzil G. & King, Madeleine T. & Hossain, Ishrat & Louviere, Jordan J.
- 538-554 Does trade affect child health?
by Levine, David I. & Rothman, Dov
- 555-578 Endogenous longevity, biological deterioration and economic growth
by Sanso, Marcos & Aisa, Rosa M.
- 579-598 Early initiation of highly active antiretroviral therapies for AIDS: Dynamic choice with endogenous and exogenous learning
by Lasserre, Pierre & Moatti, Jean-Paul & Soubeyran, Antoine
2006, Volume 25, Issue 2
- 183-197 Does falling smoking lead to rising obesity?
by Gruber, Jonathan & Frakes, Michael
- 198-213 A robust approach for skewed and heavy-tailed outcomes in the analysis of health care expenditures
by Cantoni, Eva & Ronchetti, Elvezio
- 214-233 Having the wrong friends? Peer effects in adolescent substance use
by Lundborg, Petter
- 234-247 Factor substitution in nursing homes
by Cawley, John & Grabowski, David C. & Hirth, Richard A.
- 248-275 Information and consumer choice: The value of publicized health plan ratings
by Jin, Ginger Zhe & Sorensen, Alan T.
- 276-294 The effect of the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement on prenatal smoking
by Levy, Douglas E. & Meara, Ellen
- 295-310 Optimal quality reporting in markets for health plans
by Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 311-333 The effects of cocaine and heroin price on drug-related emergency department visits
by Dave, Dhaval
- 334-346 Comparison of valuation methods used to generate the EQ-5D and the SF-6D value sets
by Tsuchiya, Aki & Brazier, John & Roberts, Jennifer
- 347-364 Body mass index and occupational attainment
by Morris, Stephen
- 365-388 Patient outcomes when hospitals experience a surge in admissions
by Evans, William N. & Kim, Beomsoo
- 389-393 Reply to Jonathan Gruber and Michael Frakes
by Chou, Shin-Yi & Grossman, Michael & Saffer, Henry
2006, Volume 25, Issue 1
- 1-28 Strategic integration of hospitals and physicians
by Cuellar, Alison Evans & Gertler, Paul J.
- 29-38 The effect of physician-hospital affiliations on hospital prices in California
by Ciliberto, Federico & Dranove, David
- 39-57 Persistence in Medicare reimbursements and personal medical accounts
by Rettenmaier, Andrew J. & Wang, Zijun
- 58-80 Hospital integration and vertical consolidation: An analysis of acquisitions in New York State
by Huckman, Robert S.
- 81-101 Price and the health plan choices of retirees
by Buchmueller, Thomas
- 102-130 Direct to consumer advertising in pharmaceutical markets
by Brekke, Kurt R. & Kuhn, Michael
- 131-145 Reforming health care: Evidence from quantile regressions for counts
by Winkelmann, Rainer
- 146-169 The treadmill effect in a fixed budget system
by Benstetter, Franz & Wambach, Achim
- 170-172 Severity of illness and priority setting: Worrisome lack of discussion of surprising finding
by Nord, Erik
- 173-174 Severity of illness and priority setting: Worrisome criticism of inconvenient finding?--A reply to Erik Nord
by Dolan, Paul & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 175-180 Is vertical integration anticompetitive?: Definitely maybe (but that's not final)
by Gaynor, Martin
2005, Volume 24, Issue 6
- 1055-1075 Assessing the macroeconomic impact of a healthcare problem: The application of computable general equilibrium analysis to antimicrobial resistance
by Smith, Richard D. & Yago, Milton & Millar, Michael & Coast, Jo
- 1076-1107 Social networks and health service utilization
by Deri, Catherine
- 1108-1131 The demand for dependent health insurance: How important is the cost of family coverage?
by Monheit, Alan C. & Vistnes, Jessica Primoff
- 1132-1153 Third party purchasing of health services: Patient choice and agency
by Chalkley, Martin & Khalil, Fahad
- 1154-1173 On the aggregation of health status measures
by Hougaard, Jens Leth & Keiding, Hans
- 1174-1190 Can family caregiving substitute for nursing home care?
by Charles, Kerwin Kofi & Sevak, Purvi
- 1191-1209 Comparing the welfare effects of public and private health care subsidies in the United Kingdom
by Parry, Ian W.H.
2005, Volume 24, Issue 5
- 839-854 Health care expenditure and GDP: Are they broken stationary?
by Carrion-i-Silvestre, Josep Lluis
- 855-875 Medical savings accounts in Singapore: how much is adequate?
by Chia, Ngee-Choon & Tsui, Albert K.C.
- 876-890 Family coverage expansions: Impact on insurance coverage and health care utilization of parents
by Busch, Susan H. & Duchovny, Noelia
- 891-906 Life expectancy and the value of early detection
by Howard, David H.
- 907-930 Physician reimbursement and technology adoption
by Selder, Astrid
- 931-949 Pricing health benefits: A cost-minimization approach
by Miller, Nolan H.
- 950-968 The importance of peer effects, cigarette prices and tobacco control policies for youth smoking behavior
by Powell, Lisa M. & Tauras, John A. & Ross, Hana
- 969-989 Classic or new monopsony? Searching for evidence in nursing labor markets
by Hirsch, Barry T. & Schumacher, Edward J.
- 990-996 Implicit versus explicit ranking: On inferring ordinal preferences for health care programmes based on differences in willingness-to-pay
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Donaldson, Cam & Shackley, Phil
- 997-1017 The causal effect of income on health: Evidence from German reunification
by Frijters, Paul & Haisken-DeNew, John P. & Shields, Michael A.
- 1018-1029 User charges and priority setting in health care: balancing equity and efficiency
by Smith, Peter C.
- 1030-1033 Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
by Light, Donald W. & Warburton, Rebecca N.
- 1034-1044 Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
by DiMasi, Joseph A. & Hansen, Ronald W. & Grabowski, Henry G.
- 1045-1048 Setting the record straight in the reply by DiMasi, Hansen and Grabowski
by Light, Donald W. & Warburton, Rebecca N.
- 1049-1053 Setting the record straight on setting the record straight: Response to the Light and Warburton rejoinder
by DiMasi, Joseph A. & Hansen, Ronald W. & Grabowski, Henry G.
- 1054-1054 Erratum to " Anti-social welfare functions: A reply to Hansen et al." [J. Health Econ. 23 (2004) 899-905]
by Edlin, Richard
2005, Volume 24, Issue 4
- 631-653 Smoking, health, risk, and perception
by Carbone, Jared C. & Kverndokk, Snorre & Rogeberg, Ole Jorgen
- 655-678 A nonparametric elicitation of the equity-efficiency trade-off in cost-utility analysis
by Bleichrodt, Han & Doctor, Jason & Stolk, Elly
- 679-702 Axioms for health care resource allocation
by Osterdal, Lars Peter
- 703-714 Health priorities and public preferences: the relative importance of past health experience and future health prospects
by Dolan, Paul & Tsuchiya, Aki
- 715-724 Does prevention save costs?: Considering deferral of the expensive last year of life
by Gandjour, Afschin & Lauterbach, Karl Wilhelm
- 725-750 State health insurance market reforms and access to insurance for high-risk employees
by Davidoff, Amy & Blumberg, Linda & Nichols, Len
- 751-773 Implications of spillover effects within the family for medical cost-effectiveness analysis
by Basu, Anirban & Meltzer, David
- 775-793 Information asymmetry, insurance, and the decision to hospitalize
by Blomqvist, Ake & Leger, Pierre Thomas
- 795-813 Does provider variation matter to health plans?
by Domino, Marisa Elena & Huskamp, Haiden
- 815-837 How do nonprofit hospitals manage earnings?
by Leone, Andrew J. & Van Horn, R. Lawrence
2005, Volume 24, Issue 3
- 427-447 Litigation and the value of tobacco companies
by Sloan, Frank A. & Trogdon, Justin G. & Mathews, Carrie A.
- 449-463 A theory of health investment under competing mortality risks
by Chang, Fwu-Ranq
- 465-488 Generalized modeling approaches to risk adjustment of skewed outcomes data
by Manning, Willard G. & Basu, Anirban & Mullahy, John
- 489-513 Is prenatal care really ineffective? Or, is the 'devil' in the distribution?
by Conway, Karen Smith & Deb, Partha
- 515-529 Sensitivity to scale in contingent valuation: the importance of the budget constraint
by Smith, Richard D.
- 531-560 International differences in the impact of doctors on health: a multilevel analysis of OECD countries
by Or, Zeynep & Wang, Jia & Jamison, Dean
- 561-569 The economics of vocation or 'why is a badly paid nurse a good nurse'?
by Heyes, Anthony
- 571-589 Graduated driver licensing and teen traffic fatalities
by Dee, Thomas S. & Grabowski, David C. & Morrisey, Michael A.
- 591-611 Benefits transfer of willingness to pay estimates and functions for health-risk reductions: a cross-country study
by Brouwer, Roy & Bateman, Ian J.
- 613-628 Youth alcohol use and risky sexual behavior: evidence from underage drunk driving laws
by Carpenter, Christopher
- 629-629 Erratum to "How is mortality affected by money, marriage, and stress?" [J. Health Econ. 23 (2004) 1181-1207]
by Gardner, Jonathan & Oswald, Andrew
2005, Volume 24, Issue 2
- 225-252 The effect of the availability of charity care to the uninsured on the demand for private health insurance
by Herring, Bradley
- 253-276 Subsidies to employee health insurance premiums and the health insurance market
by Gruber, Jonathan & Washington, Ebonya
- 277-297 Cigarette tax avoidance and evasion
by Stehr, Mark
- 299-315 Health insurance coverage and the macroeconomy
by Cawley, John & Simon, Kosali I.
- 317-339 Productivity in pharmaceutical-biotechnology R&D: the role of experience and alliances
by Danzon, Patricia M. & Nicholson, Sean & Pereira, Nuno Sousa
- 341-363 Healthy living in hard times
by Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 365-389 The lasting impact of childhood health and circumstance
by Case, Anne & Fertig, Angela & Paxson, Christina
- 391-405 The effect of network arrangements on hospital pricing behavior
by Burgess, James Jr. & Carey, Kathleen & Young, Gary J.
- 407-426 A median voter model of health insurance with ex post moral hazard
by Jacob, Johanna & Lundin, Douglas
2005, Volume 24, Issue 1
- 1-31 Do new prescription drugs pay for themselves?: The case of second-generation antipsychotics
by Duggan, Mark
- 33-54 A semi-separable utility function for health profiles
by Guerrero, Ana M. & Herrero, Carmen
- 55-72 Hospital price regulation and expenditure cap policy
by Mougeot, Michel & Naegelen, Florence
- 73-93 Purchasing health care services from providers with unknown altruism
by Jack, William
- 95-112 The effect of premiums on the decision to participate in health insurance and other fringe benefits offered by the employer: evidence from a real-world experiment
by Royalty, Anne Beeson & Hagens, John
- 113-135 Abnormal returns and the regulation of nonprofit hospital sales and conversions
by Leone, Andrew J. & Van Horn, R. Lawrence & Wedig, Gerard J.