Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56
2013, Volume 79, Issue C
- 7-15 Sociodemographic and cultural determinants of sleep deficiency: Implications for cardiometabolic disease risk
by Knutson, Kristen L.
- 16-22 Perceived neighborhood quality, sleep quality, and health status: Evidence from the Survey of the Health of Wisconsin
by Hale, Lauren & Hill, Terrence D. & Friedman, Elliot & Javier Nieto, F. & Galvao, Loren W. & Engelman, Corinne D. & Malecki, Kristen M.C. & Peppard, Paul E.
- 23-30 Sleeping, dreaming, and health in rural Indonesia and the urban U.S.: A cultural and experiential approach
by Hollan, Douglas
- 31-39 Sleep budgets in a globalizing world: Biocultural interactions influence sleep sufficiency among Egyptian families
by Worthman, Carol M. & Brown, Ryan A.
- 40-47 Medicalisation or customisation? Sleep, enterprise and enhancement in the 24/7 society
by Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 48-56 “Listening for his breath:” The significance of gender and partner reporting on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
by Henry, Doug & Rosenthal, Leon
- 57-65 Unique sleep disorders profile of a population-based sample of 747 Hmong immigrants in Wisconsin
by Young, Eric & Xiong, Se & Finn, Laurel & Young, Terry
- 66-75 Work–family conflicts and subsequent sleep medication among women and men: A longitudinal registry linkage study
by Lallukka, T. & Arber, S. & Laaksonen, M. & Lahelma, E. & Partonen, T. & Rahkonen, O.
- 76-83 “They silently live in terror…” why sleep problems and night-time related quality-of-life are missed in children with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
by Ipsiroglu, Osman S. & McKellin, William H. & Carey, Norma & Loock, Christine
- 92-100 Nighttime parenting strategies and sleep-related risks to infants
by Volpe, Lane E. & Ball, Helen L. & McKenna, James J.
- 101-108 Eye of the beholder? Maternal mental health and the quality of infant sleep
by Goldberg, Wendy A. & Lucas-Thompson, Rachel G. & Germo, Gary R. & Keller, Meret A. & Davis, Elysia Poggi & Sandman, Curt A.
- 109-116 A qualitative exploration of adolescent perceptions of healthy sleep in Tucson, Arizona, USA
by Orzech, Kathryn M.
- 117-123 Gender differences in approaches to self-management of poor sleep in later life
by Venn, Susan & Meadows, Robert & Arber, Sara
2013, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 The shape of things to come? Obesity prevalence among foreign-born vs. US-born Mexican youth in California
by Buttenheim, Alison M. & Pebley, Anne R. & Hsih, Katie & Chung, Chang Y. & Goldman, Noreen
- 9-16 The art of letting go: Referral to palliative care and its discontents
by Broom, Alex & Kirby, Emma & Good, Phillip & Wootton, Julia & Adams, Jon
- 17-25 Measuring the catastrophic and impoverishing effect of household health care spending in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 26-33 Agency and implementation: Understanding the embedding of healthcare innovations in practice
by May, Carl
- 34-41 Education and obesity at age 40 among American adults
by Cohen, Alison K. & Rehkopf, David H. & Deardorff, Julianna & Abrams, Barbara
- 42-49 Implementing a Basic Package of Health Services in post-conflict Liberia: Perceptions of key stakeholders
by Petit, Dörte & Sondorp, Egbert & Mayhew, Susannah & Roura, Maria & Roberts, Bayard
- 50-60 Understanding maternal smoking during pregnancy: Does residential context matter?
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 61-69 Structural and environmental factors are associated with internalised homonegativity in men who have sex with men: Findings from the European MSM Internet Survey (EMIS) in 38 countries
by Berg, Rigmor C. & Ross, Michael W. & Weatherburn, Peter & Schmidt, Axel J.
- 70-77 Addiction in the family is a major but neglected contributor to the global burden of adult ill-health
by Orford, Jim & Velleman, Richard & Natera, Guillermina & Templeton, Lorna & Copello, Alex
- 78-85 Conferences, tablecloths and cupboards: How to understand the situatedness of quality improvements in long-term care
by Stoopendaal, Annemiek & Bal, Roland
- 86-95 Economic gradients in early child neurodevelopment: A multi-country study
by Wehby, George L. & McCarthy, Ann Marie
- 96-112 How robust is the evidence of an emerging or increasing female excess in physical morbidity between childhood and adolescence? Results of a systematic literature review and meta-analyses
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Egan, Matt & Der, Geoff & Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate
- 113-124 “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 125-129 The ongoing westernization of East Asian biomedical ethics in Taiwan
by Chen, Yen-Yuan & Tsai, Shih-Li & Yang, Chih-Wei & Ni, Yen-Hsuan & Chang, Shan-Chwen
2013, Volume 77, Issue C
- 13-19 Breast cancer anxiety's associations with responses to a chemoprevention decision aid
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Scherer, Laura & Ubel, Peter A. & Smith, Dylan M. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & McClure, Jennifer B. & Greene, Sarah & Stark, Azadeh & Fagerlin, Angela
- 20-30 The influence of urban design on neighbourhood walking following residential relocation: Longitudinal results from the RESIDE study
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Knuiman, Matthew & McCormack, Gavin & Van Niel, Kimberly & Timperio, Anna & Christian, Hayley & Foster, Sarah & Divitini, Mark & Middleton, Nick & Boruff, Bryan
- 31-40 HIV issues and people with disabilities: A review and agenda for research
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Rohleder, Poul & Eide, Arne Henning & MacLachlan, Malcolm & Mall, Sumaya & Swartz, Leslie
- 41-49 Association of exposure to intimate-partner physical violence and potentially traumatic war-related events with mental health in Liberia
by Vinck, Patrick & Pham, Phuong N.
- 50-59 The impact of therapeutic procedure innovation on hospital patient longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000–2007
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 60-69 Does community capacity influence self-rated health? Multilevel contextual effects in Seoul, Korea
by Jung, Minsoo & Viswanath, K.
- 70-74 Gender disparities in AMI management and outcomes among health professionals, their relatives, and non-health professionals in Taiwan from 1997 to 2007
by Huang, Nicole & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Hu, Hsiao-Yun & Lee, Cheng-Hua
- 75-83 How does race get “under the skin”?: Inflammation, weathering, and metabolic problems in late life
by Das, Aniruddha
- 84-89 Public preferences over efficiency, equity and autonomy in vaccination policy: An empirical study
by Luyten, Jeroen & Dorgali, Veronica & Hens, Niel & Beutels, Philippe
- 90-96 The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008
by de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene
- 97-105 Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data
by Mukuria, Clara & Brazier, John
- 106-117 Socioeconomic inequalities in drug utilization for Sweden: Evidence from linked survey and register data
by Nordin, Martin & Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 118-125 The social dynamics of consent and refusal in HIV surveillance in rural South Africa
by Reynolds, Lindsey & Cousins, Thomas & Newell, Marie-Louise & Imrie, John
- 126-136 The business cycle and health behaviors
by Xu, Xin
- 137-146 Does living in slums or non-slums influence women's nutritional status? Evidence from Indian mega-cities
by Gaur, Kirti & Keshri, Kunal & Joe, William
- 147-155 Clinicians on the board: What difference does it make?
by Veronesi, Gianluca & Kirkpatrick, Ian & Vallascas, Francesco
- 156-163 Theory-informed design of values clarification methods: A cognitive psychological perspective on patient health-related decision making
by Pieterse, Arwen H. & de Vries, Marieke & Kunneman, Marleen & Stiggelbout, Anne M. & Feldman-Stewart, Deb
- 164-172 To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine
2013, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-7 Socioeconomic inequality in birth weight and gestational age in Denmark 1996–2007: Using a family-based approach to explore alternative explanations
by Mortensen, Laust H.
- 28-38 Maternal familism predicts birthweight and asthma symptoms three years later
by Abdou, Cleopatra M. & Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Myers, Hector F.
- 39-46 Revisiting causal neighborhood effects on individual ischemic heart disease risk: A quasi-experimental multilevel analysis among Swedish siblings
by Merlo, Juan & Ohlsson, Henrik & Chaix, Basile & Lichtenstein, Paul & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 47-56 Patterns of family doctor decision making in practice context. What are the implications for medical practice variation and social disparities?
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Scott, Alastair & Davis, Peter
- 57-66 Effects of child and adolescent health on educational progress
by Lê, Félice & Diez Roux, Ana & Morgenstern, Hal
- 67-73 Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law
by Binnendijk, Erika & Dror, David M. & Gerelle, Eric & Koren, Ruth
- 74-82 Best worst discrete choice experiments in health: Methods and an application
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Donaldson, Cam & Currie, Gillian & Burgess, Leonie
- 83-91 The impact of natural disasters on child health and investments in rural India
by Datar, Ashlesha & Liu, Jenny & Linnemayr, Sebastian & Stecher, Chad
- 92-100 Thai and American doctors on medical ethics: Religion, regulation, and moral reasoning across borders
by Grol-Prokopczyk, Hanna
- 101-106 Do socio-economic gradients in smoking emerge differently across time by gender? Implications for the tobacco epidemic from a pregnancy cohort in California, USA
by Keyes, Katherine M. & March, Dana & Link, Bruce G. & Chilcoat, Howard D. & Susser, Ezra
- 107-114 Intrauterine stress and male cohort quality: The case of September 11, 2001
by Bruckner, Tim A. & Nobles, Jenna
- 115-125 The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals
by Jacobs, Rowena & Mannion, Russell & Davies, Huw T.O. & Harrison, Stephen & Konteh, Fred & Walshe, Kieran
- 126-133 The impact of social, structural and physical environmental factors on transitions into employment among people who inject drugs
by Richardson, Lindsey & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 134-142 Dynamic profile of health investment and the evolution of elderly health
by Lo, Te-Fen & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 143-149 Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 150-158 A new prevention paradox: The trade-off between reducing incentives for risk selection and increasing the incentives for prevention for health insurers
by Kanters, Tim A. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Vliet, René C.J.A. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Polder, Johan J.
- 159-168 Including quality attributes in efficiency measures consistent with net benefit: Creating incentives for evidence based medicine in practice
by Eckermann, Simon & Coelli, Tim
- 169-178 Health and well-being of movers in rural and urban areas – A grid-based analysis of northern Finland birth cohort 1966
by Lankila, Tiina & Näyhä, Simo & Rautio, Arja & Koiranen, Markku & Rusanen, Jarmo & Taanila, Anja
- 179-187 Disparities in work, risk and health between immigrants and native-born Spaniards
by Solé, Meritxell & Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Rodríguez, Marisol
- 188-196 The re-construction of women's sexual lives after pelvic radiotherapy: A critique of social constructionist and biomedical perspectives on the study of female sexuality after cancer treatment
by White, I.D. & Faithfull, S. & Allan, H.
- 197-207 International migration to Canada: The post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration class
by Gagnon, Anita J. & Dougherty, Geoffrey & Wahoush, Olive & Saucier, Jean-François & Dennis, Cindy-Lee & Stanger, Elizabeth & Palmer, Becky & Merry, Lisa & Stewart, Donna E.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2060-2068 Integrating social epidemiology into immigrant health research: A cross-national framework
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Almeida, Joanna
- 2069-2075 Substance use, generation and time in the United States: The modifying role of gender for immigrant urban adolescents
by Almeida, Joanna & Johnson, Renee M. & Matsumoto, Atsushi & Godette, Dionne C.
- 2076-2084 Immigrant status and cognitive functioning in late-life: An examination of gender variations in the healthy immigrant effect
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Jacqueline L. & Balistreri, Kelly S. & Herrera, Angelica P.
- 2085-2098 Does an immigrant health paradox exist among Asian Americans? Associations of nativity and occupational class with self-rated health and mental disorders
by John, Dolly A. & de Castro, A.B. & Martin, Diane P. & Duran, Bonnie & Takeuchi, David T.
- 2099-2106 More than culture: Structural racism, intersectionality theory, and immigrant health
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Miranda, Patricia Y. & Abdulrahim, Sawsan
- 2107-2115 Ethnic density effects on health and experienced racism among Caribbean people in the US and England: A cross-national comparison
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Jackson, James & Heuvelman, Hein
- 2116-2123 Discrimination and psychological distress: Does Whiteness matter for Arab Americans?
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & James, Sherman A. & Yamout, Rouham & Baker, Wayne
- 2134-2142 Sociocultural influences on mental health service use by Latino older adults for emotional distress: Exploring the mediating and moderating role of informal social support
by Hansen, Marissa C. & Aranda, María P.
- 2143-2150 Vaccine innovation, translational research and the management of knowledge accumulation
by Yaqub, Ohid & Nightingale, Paul
- 2151-2159 Experience of place for young adults under 65 years with complex disabilities moving into purpose-built residential care
by Muenchberger, Heidi & Ehrlich, Carolyn & Kendall, Elizabeth & Vit, Marina
- 2160-2169 Understanding wealth-based inequalities in child health in India: A decomposition approach
by Chalasani, Satvika
- 2170-2182 Rising U.S. income inequality and the changing gradient of socioeconomic status on physical functioning and activity limitations, 1984–2007
by Zheng, Hui & George, Linda K.
- 2183-2190 Mobility for care workers: Job changes and wages for nurse aides
by Ribas, Vanesa & Dill, Janette S. & Cohen, Philip N.
- 2191-2199 What counts and how to count it: Physicians’ constructions of evidence in a disinvestment context
by Hodgetts, Katherine & Elshaug, Adam G. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 2200-2206 Putting your money where your mouth is: Parents' valuation of good oral health of their children
by Vermaire, J.H. & van Exel, N.J.A. & van Loveren, C. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2207-2214 Inter-professional electronic documents and child health: A study of persisting non-electronic communication in the use of electronic documents
by Saario, Sirpa & Hall, Christopher & Peckover, Sue
- 2215-2224 Housing instability and health: Findings from the Michigan recession and recovery study
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Seefeldt, Kristin S. & Zelner, Sarah
- 2225-2232 Embedded gender and social changes underpinning inequalities in health: An ethnographic insight into a local Spanish context
by García-Calvente, Mar & Marcos-Marcos, Jorge & del Río-Lozano, María & Hidalgo-Ruzzante, Natalia & Maroto-Navarro, Gracia
- 2233-2241 Social networks – The future for health care delivery
by Griffiths, Frances & Cave, Jonathan & Boardman, Felicity & Ren, Justin & Pawlikowska, Teresa & Ball, Robin & Clarke, Aileen & Cohen, Alan
- 2242-2249 Associations between friends' disordered eating and muscle-enhancing behaviors
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wall, Melanie & Shim, Jin Joo & Bruening, Meg & Loth, Katie & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 2250-2257 The impact of migratory separation from parents on the health of adolescents in the Philippines
by Smeekens, Chantal & Stroebe, Margaret S. & Abakoumkin, Georgios
- 2258-2266 Aggravating conditions: Cynical hostility and neighborhood ambient stressors
by King, Katherine
- 2267-2274 The relationship between mortality and time since divorce, widowhood or remarriage in Norway
by Berntsen, Kjersti Norgård & Kravdal, Øystein
- 2275-2282 Bodies of risk: Constructing motherhood in a Mexican public hospital
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 2283-2290 Indifferent to disease: A qualitative investigation of the reasons why some Papua New Guineans who own mosquito nets choose not to use them
by Pulford, Justin & Oakiva, Tania & Angwin, Angeline & Bryant, Miranda & Mueller, Ivo & Hetzel, Manuel W.
- 2291-2298 Leveraging health capital at the workplace: An examination of health reporting behavior among Latino immigrant restaurant workers in the United States
by Gleeson, Shannon
- 2299-2306 Realist randomised controlled trials: A new approach to evaluating complex public health interventions
by Bonell, Chris & Fletcher, Adam & Morton, Matthew & Lorenc, Theo & Moore, Laurence
- 2307-2316 Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms of older people: Local spatial analyses
by Cromley, Ellen K. & Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel A.
- 2317-2325 Neighborhood poverty, park use, and park-based physical activity in a Southern California city
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Han, Bing & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Williamson, Stephanie & Marsh, Terry & Rudick, Jodi & McKenzie, Thomas L.
- 2326-2336 Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Russia: Short and longer-term effects
by Billingsley, Sunnee
- 2337-2344 A network approach for researching political feasibility of healthcare reform: The case of universal healthcare system in Taiwan
by Wang, Guang-Xu
- 2345-2352 Altruism and participation in longitudinal health research? Insights from the Whitehall II Study
by Mein, Gill & Seale, Clive & Rice, Helen & Johal, Suneeta & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Ellison, George & Tinker, Anthea
- 2353-2361 The debate about the funding of Herceptin: A case study of ‘countervailing powers’
by Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Norris, Pauline & Dew, Kevin & Madden, Helen & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 2362-2369 The classification and nomenclature of ‘medically unexplained symptoms’: Conflict, performativity and critique
by Greco, Monica
- 2370-2377 Health financing in fragile and post-conflict states: What do we know and what are the gaps?
by Witter, Sophie
- 2378-2385 Benefit or burden? A sociotechnical analysis of diagnostic computer kiosks in four California hospital emergency departments
by Ackerman, Sara L. & Tebb, Kathleen & Stein, John C. & Frazee, Bradley W. & Hendey, Gregory W. & Schmidt, Laura A. & Gonzales, Ralph
- 2386-2393 Priority-setting and rationing in healthcare: Evidence from the English experience
by Robinson, Suzanne & Williams, Iestyn & Dickinson, Helen & Freeman, Tim & Rumbold, Benedict
- 2394-2402 Inpatient care of the elderly in Brazil and India: Assessing social inequalities
by Channon, Andrew Amos & Andrade, Monica Viegas & Noronha, Kenya & Leone, Tiziana & Dilip, T.R.
- 2403-2411 Couples’ reports of household decision-making and the utilization of maternal health services in Bangladesh
by Story, William T. & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 2412-2419 Rapidly rising food prices and the experience of food insecurity in urban Ethiopia: Impacts on health and well-being
by Hadley, Craig & Stevenson, Edward Geoffrey Jedediah & Tadesse, Yemesrach & Belachew, Tefera
- 2420-2424 Urban Aboriginal mobility in Canada: Examining the association with health care utilization
by Snyder, Marcie & Wilson, Kathi
- 2425-2430 The duty to care in an influenza pandemic: A qualitative study of Canadian public perspectives
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Smith, Maxwell J. & Pisartchik, Dmitri & Sahni, Sachin & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2431-2436 Delayed and differential effects of the economic crisis in Sweden in the 1990s on health-related exclusion from the labour market: A health equity assessment
by Burström, B. & Nylén, L. & Barr, B. & Clayton, S. & Holland, P. & Whitehead, M.
- 2437-2445 Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality
by Seng, Julia S. & Lopez, William D. & Sperlich, Mickey & Hamama, Lydia & Reed Meldrum, Caroline D.
- 2446-2454 Birth weight, infant mortality, and race: Twin comparisons and genetic/environmental inputs
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W.
- 2455-2462 Capitals diminished, denied, mustered and deployed. A qualitative longitudinal study of women's four year trajectories after acute health crisis, Burkina Faso
by Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 2463-2471 Affordability as a discursive accomplishment in a changing National Health Service
by Russell, Jill & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2472-2480 Contextual effect of different components of social capital on health in a suburban city of the greater Tokyo area: A multilevel analysis
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Wakui, Tomoko & Arami, Reiko & Sugawara, Ikuko & Yoshie, Satoru
- 2481-2492 An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Wang, Wenfei Winnie & Jones, Kelvyn & Li, Yaqing
- 2493-2502 Infant and fetal mortality among a high fertility and mortality population in the Bolivian Amazon
by Gurven, Michael
- 2503-2508 Household-based cash transfer targeting strategies in Zimbabwe: Are we reaching the most vulnerable children?
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Skovdal, Morten & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Munyati, Shungu & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2509-2514 “Pay them if it works”: Discrete choice experiments on the acceptability of financial incentives to change health related behaviour
by Promberger, Marianne & Dolan, Paul & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 2515-2521 Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 2522-2529 Stress and diabetes in socioeconomic context: A qualitative study of urban Indians
by Mendenhall, Emily & Shivashankar, Roopa & Tandon, Nikhil & Ali, Mohammed K. & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Prabhakaran, Dorairaj
- 2530-2538 Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
by Yabiku, Scott T. & Agadjanian, Victor & Cau, Boaventura
2012, Volume 75, Issue 10
- 1721-1728 Personalizing medicine: Futures present and past
by Tutton, Richard
- 1729-1736 From bodies to lives, complainers to consumers: Measuring menstrual excess
by Hasson, Katie Ann
- 1737-1745 Liquid gold from the milk bar: Constructions of breastmilk and breastfeeding women in the language and practices of midwives
by Burns, E. & Schmied, V. & Fenwick, J. & Sheehan, A.
- 1746-1752 Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer
by Solbjør, Marit & Skolbekken, John-Arne & Sætnan, Ann Rudinow & Hagen, Anne Irene & Forsmo, Siri
- 1753-1761 Resistance, agency, and liminality in women's accounts of symptom appraisal and help-seeking upon discovery of a breast irregularity
by Granek, Leeat & Fergus, Karen
- 1762-1768 Repressive authenticity in the quest for legitimacy: Surveillance and the contested illness lawsuit
by Phillips, Tarryn
- 1769-1777 “Community ambassadors” for South Asian elder immigrants: Late-life acculturation and the roles of community health workers
by Blair, Thomas R.W.
- 1778-1785 Paying for performance and the social relations of health care provision: An anthropological perspective
by Magrath, Priscilla & Nichter, Mark
- 1786-1792 Hidden costs: The direct and indirect impact of user fees on access to malaria treatment and primary care in Mali
by Johnson, Ari & Goss, Adeline & Beckerman, Jessica & Castro, Arachu
- 1793-1799 The social dimensions of safety incident reporting in maternity care: The influence of working relationships and group processes
by Lindsay, Patricia & Sandall, Jane & Humphrey, Charlotte
- 1800-1810 Revenue, relationships and routines: The social organization of acute myocardial infarction patient transfers in the United States
by Veinot, Tiffany C. & Bosk, Emily A. & Unnikrishnan, K.P. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 1811-1819 Canadian family physicians’ decision to collaborate: Age, period and cohort effects
by Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
- 1820-1827 Financial protection mechanisms for inpatients at selected Philippine hospitals
by Caballes, Alvin B. & Söllner, Walter & Nañagas, Juan
- 1828-1835 How does searching for health information on the Internet affect individuals' demand for health care services?
by Suziedelyte, Agne
- 1836-1843 A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions
by Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1844-1854 The impact of drinking on psychological well-being: Evidence from minimum drinking age laws in the United States
by Ertan Yörük, Ceren & Yörük, Barış K.
- 1855-1863 Motorcycle fatalities among out-of-state riders and the role of universal helmet laws
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin & Homer, Jenny F.
- 1864-1873 The impact of pensions on health and wellbeing in rural South Africa: Does gender matter?
by Schatz, Enid & Gómez-Olivé, Xavier & Ralston, Margaret & Menken, Jane & Tollman, Stephen
- 1874-1882 Psychological well-being of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest old in China: The role of children
by Liu, Guangya & Dupre, Matthew E. & Gu, Danan & Mair, Christine A. & Chen, Feinian
- 1883-1890 Familial risk of premature cardiovascular mortality and the impact of intergenerational occupational class mobility
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Olsson, Marita & Malki, Ninoa & Modin, Bitte & Sparén, Pär
- 1891-1894 Inequality and the association between involuntary job loss and depressive symptoms
by Berchick, Edward R. & Gallo, William T. & Maralani, Vida & Kasl, Stanislav V.
- 1895-1902 Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis
by Takagi, Daisuke & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1903-1911 A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability
by Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy
- 1912-1920 How families of children with complex care needs participate in everyday life
by Woodgate, Roberta Lynn & Edwards, Marie & Ripat, Jacquie
2012, Volume 75, Issue 9
- 1555-1561 HIV and chemoprophylaxis, the importance of considering social structures alongside biomedical and behavioral intervention
by Roberts, Eric T. & Matthews, Derrick D.
- 1572-1580 The logical underpinnings and benefits of pooled pharmaceutical procurement: A pragmatic role for our public institutions?
by Huff-Rousselle, Maggie
- 1581-1588 The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
by McDonald, James Ted & Worswick, Christopher
- 1589-1594 Do workers underreport morbidity? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Jürges, Hendrik
- 1595-1603 Allocation of authority in European health policy
by Adolph, Christopher & Greer, Scott L. & Massard da Fonseca, Elize
- 1604-1611 Involving citizens in the ethics of biobank research: Informing institutional policy through structured public deliberation
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Burgess, Michael M.
- 1612-1616 Impact of gender-based career obstacles on the working status of women physicians in Japan
by Nomura, Kyoko & Gohchi, Kengo
- 1617-1624 A social learning perspective on the development of doctors in the UK National Health Service
by Spilg, Edward & Siebert, Sabina & Martin, Graeme
- 1625-1632 Remaking surgical socialization: Work hour restrictions, rites of passage, and occupational identity
by Veazey Brooks, Joanna & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1633-1641 The chromosome 22q11.2 deletion: From the unification of biomedical fields to a new kind of genetic condition
by Navon, Daniel & Shwed, Uri
- 1642-1649 Diagnosis as a social determinant: The development of prosocial behaviour before and after an autism spectrum diagnosis
by Russell, Ginny & Kelly, Susan E. & Ford, Tamsin & Steer, Colin
- 1650-1659 When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
by Denvir, Paul M.
- 1660-1672 The mental health gender-gap in urban India: Patterns and narratives
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Ranendra Kumar & Das, Veena
- 1673-1684 Heavy agricultural workloads and low crop diversity are strong barriers to improving child feeding practices in the Bolivian Andes
by Jones, Andrew D. & Cruz Agudo, Yesmina & Galway, Lindsay & Bentley, Jeffery & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1685-1691 Condoms “contain worms” and “cause HIV” in Tanzania: Negative Condom Beliefs Scale development and implications for HIV prevention
by Siegler, Aaron J. & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & McCarty, Frances A. & DiClemente, Ralph J.
- 1692-1696 The importance of full-time work for urban adults' mental and physical health
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Carroll-Scott, Amy & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Santilli, Alycia & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 1697-1707 The contribution of stress to the social patterning of clinical and subclinical CVD risk factors in African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study
by Gebreab, Samson Y. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Boykin, Shawn & Sims, Mario & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1708-1714 Post-disaster psychosocial services across Europe: The TENTS project
by Witteveen, Anke B. & Bisson, Jonathan I. & Ajdukovic, Dean & Arnberg, Filip K. & Bergh Johannesson, Kerstin & Bolding, Hendrieke B. & Elklit, Ask & Jehel, Louis & Johansen, Venke A. & Lis-Turlejska, Maja & Nordanger, Dag O. & Orengo-García, Francisco & Polak, A. Rosaura & Punamaki, Raija-Leena & Schnyder, Ulrich & Wittmann, Lutz & Olff, Miranda
- 1715-1720 The mechanisms that associate community social capital with post-disaster mental health: A multilevel model
by Wind, Tim R. & Komproe, Ivan H.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 8
- 1329-1341 In sickness and in health: Same-sex marriage laws and sexually transmitted infections
by Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M. & Peng, Handie
- 1342-1350 The role of defamilialization in the relationship between partnership and self-rated health: A cross-national comparison of Canada and the United States
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 1351-1361 Maximising health versus sharing: Measuring preferences for the allocation of the health budget
by Richardson, Jeff & Sinha, Kompal & Iezzi, Angelo & Maxwell, Aimee
- 1362-1371 Behavioral adjustment to avian flu in Europe during spring 2006: The roles of knowledge and proximity to risk
by Rudisill, Caroline & Costa-Font, Joan & Mossialos, Elias
- 1372-1378 Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986–2007
by Watanabe, Ryo & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1379-1386 Smoking among construction workers: The nonlinear influence of the economy, cigarette prices, and antismoking sentiment
by Okechukwu, Cassandra & Bacic, Janine & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Catalano, Ralph
- 1387-1391 ‘Responsible drinking’ programs and the alcohol industry in Brazil: Killing two birds with one stone?
by Pantani, Daniela & Sparks, Robert & M. Sanchez, Zila & Pinsky, Ilana
- 1392-1399 Women's health in urban Mali: Social predictors and health itineraries
by Bove, Riley M. & Vala-Haynes, Emily & Valeggia, Claudia R.
- 1400-1407 Investigating the potential for ethnic group harm in collaborative genomics research in Africa: Is ethnic stigmatisation likely?
by de Vries, Jantina & Jallow, Muminatou & Williams, Thomas N. & Kwiatkowski, Dominic & Parker, Michael & Fitzpatrick, Raymond
- 1408-1416 “Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders
by Easter, Michele M.
- 1417-1425 Gender-based violence and HIV sexual risk behavior: Alcohol use and mental health problems as mediators among women in drinking venues, Cape Town
by Pitpitan, Eileen V. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Watt, Melissa H. & Skinner, Donald
- 1426-1432 Living on the margin: Understanding the experience of living and dying with frailty in old age
by Nicholson, C. & Meyer, J. & Flatley, M. & Holman, C. & Lowton, K.
- 1433-1440 Science, politics, and health in the brave new world of pharmaceutical carcinogenic risk assessment: Technical progress or cycle of regulatory capture?
by Abraham, John & Ballinger, Rachel
- 1441-1449 Static, dynamic, integrated, and contextualized: A framework for understanding mental health service utilization among young adults
by Munson, Michelle R. & Jaccard, James & Smalling, Susan E. & Kim, Hyunsoo & Werner, James J. & Scott, Lionel D.
- 1450-1459 Does socio-economic status explain use of modern and traditional health care services?
by Sato, Azusa
- 1460-1468 Spatial analysis of suicide mortality in Australia: Investigation of metropolitan-rural-remote differentials of suicide risk across states/territories
by Cheung, Yee Tak Derek & Spittal, Matthew J. & Pirkis, Jane & Yip, Paul Siu Fai
- 1469-1476 Association of neighbourhood residence and preferences with the built environment, work-related travel behaviours, and health implications for employed adults: Findings from the URBAN study
by Badland, Hannah M. & Oliver, Melody & Kearns, Robin A. & Mavoa, Suzanne & Witten, Karen & Duncan, Mitch J. & Batty, G. David
- 1477-1487 Bringing the individual back to small-area variation studies: A multilevel analysis of all-cause mortality in Andalusia, Spain
by Merlo, Juan & Viciana-Fernández, Francisco J. & Ramiro-Fariñas, Diego
- 1488-1496 Associations among social capital, parenting for active lifestyles, and youth physical activity in rural families living in upstate New York
by Davison, Kirsten K. & Nishi, Akihiro & Kranz, Sibylle & Wyckoff, Lynae & May, John J. & Earle-Richardson, Giulia B. & Strogatz, David S. & Jenkins, Paul L.
- 1497-1504 Early life socioeconomic conditions in rural areas and old-age mortality in twentieth-century Quebec
by Gagnon, Alain & Bohnert, Nora
- 1505-1513 Geographic variation in participation for physically disabled adults: The contribution of area economic factors to employment after spinal cord injury
by Botticello, Amanda L. & Chen, Yuying & Tulsky, David S.
- 1514-1522 Measuring change in health care equity using small-area administrative data – Evidence from the English NHS 2001–2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 1523-1530 Early childhood economic disadvantage and the health of Hispanic children
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 1531-1538 The impact of childhood sickness on adult socioeconomic outcomes: Evidence from late 19th century America
by Warren, John Robert & Knies, Laurie & Haas, Steven & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 1539-1546 The inconsistent mediating effects of psychosocial work characteristics on the education–health relationship
by Qiu, Hanyao & Bures, Regina & Shehan, Constance L.
- 1547-1554 The role of personal characteristics in the relationship between health and psychological distress among kidney transplant recipients
by Schulz, Torben & Niesing, Jan & Stewart, Roy E. & Westerhuis, Ralf & Hagedoorn, Mariet & Ploeg, Rutger J. & Homan van der Heide, Jaap J. & Ranchor, Adelita V.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 7
- 1143-1155 Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review
by VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1156-1162 Social welfare and the Affordable Care Act: Is it ever optimal to set aside comparative cost?
by Mortimer, Duncan & Peacock, Stuart
- 1163-1174 Psychosocial work stressors as antecedents of musculoskeletal problems: A systematic review and meta-analysis of stability-adjusted longitudinal studies
by Lang, Jessica & Ochsmann, Elke & Kraus, Thomas & Lang, Jonas W.B.
- 1175-1183 Is there evidence that friends influence body weight? A systematic review of empirical research
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Vaquera, Elizabeth & Maturo, Claire C. & Venkat Narayan, K.M.
- 1184-1191 Social networks and risk for depressive symptoms in a national sample of sexual minority youth
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & McLaughlin, Katie A. & Xuan, Ziming
- 1192-1201 Candidate change agent identification among men at risk for HIV infection
by Schneider, John A. & McFadden, Rachel B. & Laumann, Edward O. & Prem Kumar, S.G. & Gandham, Sabitha R. & Oruganti, Ganesh
- 1202-1212 Patient–physician relationships in second opinion encounters – The physicians’ perspective
by Greenfield, Geva & Pliskin, Joseph S. & Feder-Bubis, Paula & Wientroub, Shlomo & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 1213-1221 Towards comprehensive malaria planning: The effect of government capacity, health policy, and land use variables on malaria incidence in India
by Boussalis, Constantine & Nelson, Hal T. & Swaminathan, Siddharth
- 1222-1229 Using documents to investigate links between implementation and sustainability in a complex community intervention: The PRISM study
by Willis, Karen & Small, Rhonda & Brown, Stephanie
- 1230-1235 How to identify science being bent: The tobacco industry's fight to deny second-hand smoking health hazards as an example
by Rochel de Camargo, Kenneth