Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2014, Volume 103, Issue C
- 7-14 Systemic racism and U.S. health care
by Feagin, Joe & Bennefield, Zinobia
- 15-23 Stigma, status, and population health
by Phelan, Jo C. & Lucas, Jeffrey W. & Ridgeway, Cecilia L. & Taylor, Catherine J.
- 24-32 Stigma power
by Link, Bruce G. & Phelan, Jo
- 33-41 Structural stigma and all-cause mortality in sexual minority populations
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Bellatorre, Anna & Lee, Yeonjin & Finch, Brian K. & Muennig, Peter & Fiscella, Kevin
- 42-50 Structural racism and myocardial infarction in the United States
by Lukachko, Alicia & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Keyes, Katherine M.
- 51-59 Physiological stress response to loss of social influence and threats to masculinity
by Taylor, Catherine J.
- 60-66 Public attitudes regarding individual and structural discrimination: Two sides of the same coin?
by Angermeyer, Matthias C. & Matschinger, Herbert & Link, Bruce G. & Schomerus, Georg
- 67-75 The influence of structural stigma and rejection sensitivity on young sexual minority men's daily tobacco and alcohol use
by Pachankis, John E. & Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & Starks, Tyrel J.
- 76-83 Pathologizing poverty: New forms of diagnosis, disability, and structural stigma under welfare reform
by Hansen, Helena & Bourgois, Philippe & Drucker, Ernest
- 84-93 “What matters most:” A cultural mechanism moderating structural vulnerability and moral experience of mental illness stigma
by Yang, Lawrence H. & Chen, Fang-pei & Sia, Kathleen Janel & Lam, Jonathan & Lam, Katherine & Ngo, Hong & Lee, Sing & Kleinman, Arthur & Good, Byron
- 94-100 Self-regulatory processes underlying structural stigma and health
by Richman, Laura Smart & Lattanner, Micah R.
- 101-109 Intervening within and across levels: A multilevel approach to stigma and public health
by Cook, Jonathan E. & Purdie-Vaughns, Valerie & Meyer, Ilan H. & Busch, Justin T.A.
- 110-117 Competing perspectives on erasing the stigma of illness: What says the dodo bird?
by Corrigan, Patrick W. & Fong, Mandy W.M.
- 118-125 HIV prevention interventions to reduce sexual risk for African Americans: The influence of community-level stigma and psychological processes
by Reid, Allecia E. & Dovidio, John F. & Ballester, Estrellita & Johnson, Blair T.
- 126-133 Structural competency: Theorizing a new medical engagement with stigma and inequality
by Metzl, Jonathan M. & Hansen, Helena
2014, Volume 102, Issue C
- 1-9 Do flexible alcohol trading hours reduce violence? A theory-based natural experiment in alcohol policy
by Humphreys, David K. & Eisner, Manuel P.
- 10-17 Mobilising “vulnerability” in the public health response to pandemic influenza
by Stephenson, Niamh & Davis, Mark & Flowers, Paul & MacGregor, Casimir & Waller, Emily
- 18-25 The spread of ‘Post Abortion Syndrome’ as social diagnosis
by Kelly, Kimberly
- 26-32 Perceived Organizational Justice in Care Services: Creation and multi-sample validation of a measure
by Pérez-Arechaederra, Diana & Briones, Elena & Lind, Allan & García-Ortiz, Luis
- 33-40 Socioeconomic status and the incidence of child injuries in China
by Fang, Xiangming & Jing, Ruiwei & Zeng, Guang & Linnan, Huan Wan & Zhu, Xu & Linnan, Michael
- 41-48 Healthy migrant and salmon bias hypotheses: A study of health and internal migration in China
by Lu, Yao & Qin, Lijian
- 49-57 Treatment seeking and health financing in selected poor urban neighbourhoods in India, Indonesia and Thailand
by Seeberg, Jens & Pannarunothai, Supasit & Padmawati, Retna Siwi & Trisnantoro, Laksono & Barua, Nupur & Pandav, Chandrakant S.
- 58-68 Health capabilities and diabetes self-management: The impact of economic, social, and cultural resources
by Weaver, Robert R. & Lemonde, Manon & Payman, Naghmeh & Goodman, William M.
- 69-73 Pricing schemes for new drugs: A welfare analysis
by Levaggi, Rosella
- 74-82 Caregiving intensity and retirement status in Canada
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Laporte, Audrey & Van Houtven, Courtney H. & Coyte, Peter C.
- 83-93 Quality of life instruments for economic evaluations in health and social care for older people: A systematic review
by Makai, Peter & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Stolk, Elly A. & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 94-102 The interaction of family background and personal education on depressive symptoms in later life
by Schaan, Barbara
- 103-110 Can mobile phones help control neglected tropical diseases? Experiences from Tanzania
by Madon, Shirin & Amaguru, Jackline Olanya & Malecela, Mwele Ntuli & Michael, Edwin
- 111-118 Informal caregivers' hopes and expectations of a referral to a memory clinic
by Morgan, Debra G. & Walls-Ingram, Sheena & Cammer, Allison & O'Connell, Megan E. & Crossley, Margaret & Bello-Haas, Vanina Dal & Forbes, Dorothy & Innes, Anthea & Kirk, Andrew & Stewart, Norma
- 119-128 Selling patients and other metaphors: A discourse analysis of the interpretive frames that shape emergency department admission handoffs
by Hilligoss, Brian
- 129-137 Does change in the neighborhood environment prevent obesity in older women?
by Michael, Yvonne L. & Nagel, Corey L. & Gold, Rachel & Hillier, Teresa A.
- 138-145 Governing healthcare: Finding meaning in a clinical practice guideline for the management of non-specific low back pain
by Wilson, Nicky & Pope, Catherine & Roberts, Lisa & Crouch, Robert
- 146-156 “She mixes her business”: HIV transmission and acquisition risks among female migrants in western Kenya
by Camlin, Carol S. & Kwena, Zachary A. & Dworkin, Shari L. & Cohen, Craig R. & Bukusi, Elizabeth A.
- 157-164 Implications for alcohol minimum unit pricing advocacy: What can we learn for public health from UK newsprint coverage of key claim-makers in the policy debate?
by Hilton, Shona & Wood, Karen & Patterson, Chris & Katikireddi, Srinivasa Vittal
- 165-173 Understanding motives for intravaginal practices amongst Tanzanian and Ugandan women at high risk of HIV infection: The embodiment of social and cultural norms and well-being
by Lees, Shelley & Zalwango, Flavia & Andrew, Bahati & Vandepitte, Judith & Seeley, Janet & Hayes, Richard J. & Francis, Suzanna C.
- 174-182 Income inequality and sexually transmitted in the United States: Who bears the burden?
by Harling, Guy & Subramanian, S.V. & Bärnighausen, Till & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 183-189 Assessing the population-level impact of vouchers on access to health facility delivery for women in Kenya
by Obare, Francis & Warren, Charlotte & Abuya, Timothy & Askew, Ian & Bellows, Ben
- 190-200 Health sector priority setting at meso-level in lower and middle income countries: Lessons learned, available options and suggested steps
by Hipgrave, David B. & Alderman, Katarzyna Bolsewicz & Anderson, Ian & Soto, Eliana Jimenez
2014, Volume 101, Issue C
- 1-8 The effect of belonging to an alcohol-proscribing religious group on the relationship between moderate alcohol consumption and mortality
by Hayward, R. David & Krause, Neal
- 9-17 Social capital and chronic post-traumatic stress disorder among survivors of the 2007 earthquake in Pisco, Peru
by Flores, Elaine C. & Carnero, Andres M. & Bayer, Angela M.
- 18-27 Can social capital help explain enrolment (or lack thereof) in community-based health insurance? Results of an exploratory mixed methods study from Senegal
by Mladovsky, Philipa & Soors, Werner & Ndiaye, Pascal & Ndiaye, Alfred & Criel, Bart
- 28-35 Effect of the Crisis Assistance Program on poverty transition for seriously ill people in South Korea: A quasi-experimental study
by Kim, Chang-O & Joung, Won Oh
- 36-46 Social inequality in infant mortality: What explains variation across low and middle income countries?
by Hajizadeh, Mohammad & Nandi, Arijit & Heymann, Jody
- 47-51 The failure of financial incentive? The seemingly inexorable rise of cesarean section
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Bradley & Lin, Chung-Liang
- 52-60 Socioeconomic inequalities in health after age 50: Are health risk behaviors to blame?
by Shaw, Benjamin A. & McGeever, Kelly & Vasquez, Elizabeth & Agahi, Neda & Fors, Stefan
- 61-69 Public social monitoring reports and their effect on a policy programme aimed at addressing the social determinants of health to improve health equity in New Zealand
by Pega, Frank & Valentine, Nicole B. & Matheson, Don & Rasanathan, Kumanan
- 70-77 National electronic health records and the digital disruption of moral orders
by Garrety, Karin & McLoughlin, Ian & Wilson, Rob & Zelle, Gregor & Martin, Mike
- 78-85 Against all odds? Understanding the emergence of accreditation of the Danish hospitals
by Triantafillou, Peter
- 86-93 Discussing dying in the diaspora: Attitudes towards advance care planning among first generation Dutch and Italian migrants in rural Australia
by Sinclair, Craig & Smith, Jessica & Toussaint, Yann & Auret, Kirsten
- 94-106 Do post-migration perceptions of social mobility matter for Latino immigrant health?
by Alcántara, Carmela & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 107-112 Teaching hospital performance: Towards a community of shared values?
by Mauro, Marianna & Cardamone, Emma & Cavallaro, Giusy & Minvielle, Etienne & Rania, Francesco & Sicotte, Claude & Trotta, Annarita
- 113-119 Exerting control and adapting to loss in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
by Foley, Geraldine & Timonen, Virpi & Hardiman, Orla
- 120-128 Creating the ‘dis-ease’ of high cholesterol: A sociology of diagnosis reception analysis
by Jovanovic, Maja
- 129-138 The long lasting effects of education on old age health: Evidence of gender differences
by Mazzonna, Fabrizio
- 139-147 From sickness to badness: The criminalization of HIV in Michigan
by Hoppe, Trevor
- 148-154 Short and long term improvements in quality of chronic care delivery predict program sustainability
by Cramm, Jane Murray & Nieboer, Anna Petra
- 155-165 The pharmaceuticalization of sexual risk: Vaccine development and the new politics of cancer prevention
by Mamo, Laura & Epstein, Steven
- 166-173 Death of a child and parental wellbeing in old age: Evidence from Taiwan
by Lee, Chioun & Glei, Dana A. & Weinstein, Maxine & Goldman, Noreen
2014, Volume 100, Issue C
- 1-11 The effect of children on depression in old age
by Kruk, Kai Eberhard & Reinhold, Steffen
- 12-20 Subjective financial well-being, income and health inequalities in mid and later life in Britain
by Arber, Sara & Fenn, Kirsty & Meadows, Robert
- 21-29 Physicians' perceptions of autonomy across practice types: Is autonomy in solo practice a myth?
by Lin, Katherine Y.
- 30-37 Child passenger safety laws in the United States, 1978–2010: Policy diffusion in the absence of strong federal intervention
by Bae, Jin Yung & Anderson, Evan & Silver, Diana & Macinko, James
- 38-45 Labor migration, externalities and ethics: Theorizing the meso-level determinants of HIV vulnerability
by Hirsch, Jennifer S.
- 46-53 Political contexts and maternal health policy: Insights from a comparison of south Indian states
by Smith, Stephanie L.
- 54-61 A fundamental cause approach to the study of disparities in lung cancer and pancreatic cancer mortality in the United States
by Rubin, Marcie S. & Clouston, Sean & Link, Bruce G.
- 62-71 The risk of unintended pregnancy among young women with mental health symptoms
by Hall, Kelli Stidham & Kusunoki, Yasamin & Gatny, Heather & Barber, Jennifer
- 72-83 Health sector demand-side financial incentives in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review on demand- and supply-side effects
by Gopalan, Saji S. & Mutasa, Ronald & Friedman, Jed & Das, Ashis
- 84-92 Household income and health problems during a period of labour-market change and widening income inequalities – A study among the Finnish population between 1987 and 2007
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 93-98 Exploring personal interests of physicians in hospitals and specialty clinics
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 99-106 Exploring the migration decisions of health workers and trainees from Africa: A meta-ethnographic synthesis
by Blacklock, C. & Ward, A.M. & Heneghan, C. & Thompson, M.
- 107-114 The effect of asset-based wealth inequality on problem drinking among rural Thai elders: A prospective population-based cohort study
by Jirapramukpitak, Tawanchai & Abas, Melanie & Tangchonlatip, Kanchana & Punpuing, Sureeporn
- 115-122 The effect of unpaid caregiving intensity on labour force participation: Results from a multinomial endogenous treatment model
by Nguyen, Ha Trong & Connelly, Luke Brian
- 123-132 Process evaluation of a problem solving intervention to prevent recurrent sickness absence in workers with common mental disorders
by Arends, Iris & Bültmann, Ute & Nielsen, Karina & van Rhenen, Willem & de Boer, Michiel R. & van der Klink, Jac J.L.
- 133-140 Cannabis careers revisited: Applying Howard S. Becker's theory to present-day cannabis use
by Järvinen, Margaretha & Ravn, Signe
- 141-147 Cognitive social capital and mental illness during economic crisis: A nationwide population-based study in Greece
by Economou, Marina & Madianos, Michael & Peppou, Lily Evangelia & Souliotis, Kyriakos & Patelakis, Athanasios & Stefanis, Costas
- 148-158 Modernization is associated with intensive breastfeeding patterns in the Bolivian Amazon
by Veile, Amanda & Martin, Melanie & McAllister, Lisa & Gurven, Michael
- 159-166 Medicalizing to demedicalize: Lactation consultants and the (de)medicalization of breastfeeding
by Torres, Jennifer M.C.
- 167-175 Social relationships and healthful dietary behaviour: Evidence from over-50s in the EPIC cohort, UK
by Conklin, Annalijn I. & Forouhi, Nita G. & Surtees, Paul & Khaw, Kay-Tee & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo
2013, Volume 99, Issue C
- 1-8 Neighbourhood amenities and health: Examining the significance of a local park
by Plane, Jocelyn & Klodawsky, Fran
- 9-17 Political, cultural and economic foundations of primary care in Europe
by Kringos, Dionne S. & Boerma, Wienke G.W. & van der Zee, Jouke & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 18-26 Perceptions of susceptibility to pregnancy among U.S. women obtaining abortions
by Frohwirth, Lori & Moore, Ann M. & Maniaci, Renata
- 27-34 Subjective well-being and the measurement of quality in healthcare
by Lee, Henry & Vlaev, Ivo & King, Dominic & Mayer, Erik & Darzi, Ara & Dolan, Paul
- 35-41 Stakeholder perceptions of thoracic rapid tissue donation: An exploratory study
by McIntyre, Jessica & Pratt, Christie & Pentz, Rebecca D. & Haura, Eric B. & Quinn, Gwendolyn P.
- 42-48 Prospective study on the reciprocal relationship between intimate partner violence and depression among women in Korea
by Kim, Jinseok & Lee, Joohee
- 49-55 “I was pretty sure I had the 'flu”: Qualitative description of confirmed-influenza symptoms
by Jutel, Annemarie & Banister, Elizabeth
- 56-63 Neighborhood Hispanic composition and depressive symptoms among Mexican-descent residents of Texas City, Texas
by Shell, Alyssa Marie & Peek, M. Kristen & Eschbach, Karl
- 64-71 Making families: Organizational boundary work in US egg and sperm donation
by Johnson, Katherine M.
- 72-79 A matter of perception: Exploring the role of income satisfaction in the income–mortality relationship in German survey data 1995–2010
by Miething, Alexander
- 80-88 Between surveillance and subjectification: Professionals and the governance of quality and patient safety in English hospitals
by Martin, Graham P. & Leslie, Myles & Minion, Joel & Willars, Janet & Dixon-Woods, Mary
- 89-101 “I'm thrilled that you see that”: Guiding parents to see success in interactions with children with deafness and autistic spectrum disorder
by Pilnick, Alison & James, Deborah
- 102-109 Dealing with moral dilemma raised by adaptive preferences in health technology assessment: The example of growth hormones and bilateral cochlear implants
by Thébaut, Clémence
- 110-115 Online and in-person health-seeking for infertility
by Slauson-Blevins, Kathleen S. & McQuillan, Julia & Greil, Arthur L.
- 119-126 A case for critical ethnography
by Fassin, Didier
- 127-134 On sitting and doing: Ethnography as action in global health
by Pigg, Stacy Leigh
- 135-142 India's “tryst” with universal health coverage: Reflections on ethnography in Indian health policymaking
by Nambiar, Devaki
- 143-152 Revolution as a care plan: Ethnography, nursing and somatic solidarity in Honduras
by Pine, Adrienne
- 153-161 “Is it worth risking your life?”: Ethnography, risk and death on the U.S.–Mexico border
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 162-168 The pill hustle: Risky pain management for a gunshot victim
by Lee, Jooyoung
- 169-175 Health discourse and within-group stigma in professional BDSM
by Lindemann, Danielle J.
- 176-186 The good-enough science-and-politics of anthropological collaboration with evidence-based clinical research: Four ethnographic case studies
by Messac, Luke & Ciccarone, Dan & Draine, Jeffrey & Bourgois, Philippe
- 187-193 Entangled ethnography: Imagining a future for young adults with learning disabilities
by Ginsburg, Faye & Rapp, Rayna
- 194-200 Weighing the evidence: Risks and benefits of participatory documentary in corporatized clinics
by Hansen, Helena
- 201-204 The murky middle ground – When ethnographers engage public health
by Hopper, Kim
2013, Volume 98, Issue C
- 1-7 Concurrent trajectories of BMI and mental health patterns in emerging adulthood
by Mumford, Elizabeth A. & Liu, Weiwei & Hair, Elizabeth C. & Yu, Tzy-Chyi
- 8-17 Immigrant health, place effect and regional disparities in Canada
by Wang, Lu & Hu, Wei
- 18-23 Finding the right interactional temperature: Do colder patients need more warmth in physician communication style?
by Cousin, Gaëtan & Schmid Mast, Marianne & Jaunin-Stalder, Nicole
- 24-28 Cross-national differences in the gender gap in subjective health in Europe: Does country-level gender equality matter?
by Dahlin, Johanna & Härkönen, Juho
- 29-36 Elective surgical patients' narratives of hospitalization: The co-construction of safety
by Doherty, Carole & Saunders, Mark N.K.
- 37-45 Metropolitan residential segregation and very preterm birth among African American and Mexican-origin women
by Britton, Marcus L. & Shin, Heeju
- 46-53 Does corruption undermine trust in health care? Results from public opinion polls in Croatia
by Radin, Dagmar
- 54-62 Effects of education on cognition at older ages: Evidence from China's Great Famine
by Huang, Wei & Zhou, Yi
- 63-70 Spousal influence on mammography screening: A life course perspective
by Missinne, Sarah & Colman, Elien & Bracke, Piet
- 71-78 Village characteristics and health of rural Chinese older adults: Examining the CHARLS Pilot Study of a rich and poor province
by Yeatts, Dale E. & Pei, Xiaomei & Cready, Cynthia M. & Shen, Yuying & Luo, Hao & Tan, Junxin
- 79-86 An exploratory study of knowledge brokering in hospital settings: Facilitating knowledge sharing and learning for patient safety?
by Waring, Justin & Currie, Graeme & Crompton, Amanda & Bishop, Simon
- 87-94 Service provision for autism in mainland China: Preliminary mapping of service pathways
by Sun, Xiang & Allison, Carrie & Auyeung, Bonnie & Matthews, Fiona E. & Baron-Cohen, Simon & Brayne, Carol
- 95-105 Technology identity: The role of sociotechnical representations in the adoption of medical devices
by Ulucanlar, S. & Faulkner, A. & Peirce, S. & Elwyn, G.
- 106-115 A mixed-method study of expert psychological evidence submitted for a cohort of asylum seekers undergoing refugee status determination in Australia
by Tay, Kuowei & Frommer, Naomi & Hunter, Jill & Silove, Derrick & Pearson, Linda & San Roque, Mehera & Redman, Ronnit & Bryant, Richard A. & Manicavasagar, Vijaya & Steel, Zachary
- 116-124 Does loneliness mediate the relation between social support and cognitive functioning in later life?
by Ellwardt, Lea & Aartsen, Marja & Deeg, Dorly & Steverink, Nardi
- 125-134 Social norms and attitudes linked to waterpipe use in the Eastern Mediterranean Region
by Afifi, Rima & Khalil, Joanna & Fouad, Fouad & Hammal, Fadi & Jarallah, Yara & Abu Farhat, Hala & Ayad, Maha & Nakkash, Rima
- 135-140 Caregiving appraisal in schizophrenia: A study from India
by Kate, Natasha & Grover, Sandeep & Kulhara, Parmanand & Nehra, Ritu
- 141-148 Moral mediation in interpreted health care consultations
by Seale, Clive & Rivas, Carol & Al-Sarraj, Hela & Webb, Sarah & Kelly, Moira
- 149-153 An assessment of economic measures used in menorrhagia: A systematic review
by Sanghera, Sabina & Frew, Emma & Kai, Joe & Gupta, Janesh & Elizabeth Roberts, Tracy
- 154-161 Inequalities in Croatian pupils' risk behaviors associated to socioeconomic environment at school and area level: A multilevel approach
by Pavic Simetin, Ivana & Kern, Josipa & Kuzman, Marina & Pförtner, Timo-Kolja
- 162-168 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA) to set priorities: Reflections from a qualitative assessment in an English Primary Care Trust
by Goodwin, Elizabeth & Frew, Emma J.
- 169-178 Brain drain: Do economic conditions “push” doctors out of developing countries?
by Okeke, Edward N.
- 179-186 Social group memberships protect against future depression, alleviate depression symptoms and prevent depression relapse
by Cruwys, Tegan & Dingle, Genevieve A. & Haslam, Catherine & Haslam, S. Alexander & Jetten, Jolanda & Morton, Thomas A.
- 187-196 Operationalising the capability approach for outcome measurement in mental health research
by Simon, Judit & Anand, Paul & Gray, Alastair & Rugkåsa, Jorun & Yeeles, Ksenija & Burns, Tom
- 197-203 The impacts of marriage, cohabitation and dating relationships on weekly self-reported physical activity in Germany: A 19-year longitudinal study
by Rapp, Ingmar & Schneider, Björn
- 204-213 Potential effectiveness of anti-smoking advertisement types in ten low and middle income countries: Do demographics, smoking characteristics and cultural differences matter?
by Durkin, Sarah & Bayly, Megan & Cotter, Trish & Mullin, Sandra & Wakefield, Melanie
- 214-223 The effects of information, social and financial incentives on voluntary undirected blood donations: Evidence from a field experiment in Argentina
by Iajya, Victor & Lacetera, Nicola & Macis, Mario & Slonim, Robert
- 224-231 Ethics is for human subjects too: Participant perspectives on responsibility in health research
by Cox, Susan M. & McDonald, Michael
- 232-238 “Differently normal” and “normally different”: Negotiations of female embodiment in women's accounts of ‘atypical’ sex development
by Guntram, Lisa
- 239-246 The relationship between three stages of job change and long-term sickness absence
by Bernstrøm, Vilde Hoff
- 247-252 Do bonding and bridging social capital affect self-rated health, depressive mood and cognitive decline in older Japanese? A prospective cohort study
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Nishi, Mariko & Matsuo, Eri & Nofuji, Yu & Shimizu, Yumiko & Taniguchi, Yu & Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Shinkai, Shoji
- 253-259 Tobacco Road Finland – How did an accepted pleasure turn into an avoidable risk behaviour?
by Hakkarainen, Pekka
- 264-270 From bioethics to a sociology of bio-knowledge
by Petersen, Alan
- 271-277 Bioethics and religious bodies: Refusal of blood transfusions in Germany
by Rajtar, Małgorzata
- 278-285 Ethics and images of suffering bodies in humanitarian medicine
by Calain, Philippe
- 286-292 Bioethical ambition, political opportunity and the European governance of patenting: The case of human embryonic stem cell science
by Salter, Brian & Salter, Charlotte
- 293-300 From global bioethics to ethical governance of biomedical research collaborations
by Wahlberg, Ayo & Rehmann-Sutter, Christoph & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret & Lu, Guangxiu & Döring, Ole & Cong, Yali & Laska-Formejster, Alicja & He, Jing & Chen, Haidan & Gottweis, Herbert & Rose, Nikolas
- 301-310 Resisting the seduction of “ethics creep”: Using Foucault to surface complexity and contradiction in research ethics review
by Guta, Adrian & Nixon, Stephanie A. & Wilson, Michael G.
- 311-318 Ethical review: Standardizing procedures and local shaping of ethical review practices
by Jaspers, Patricia & Houtepen, Rob & Horstman, Klasien
- 319-329 How organizational context affects bioethical decision-making: Pharmacists' management of gatekeeping processes in retail and hospital settings
by Chiarello, Elizabeth
- 330-339 Bioethics in practice: Addressing ethically sensitive requests in a Dutch fertility clinic
by Gerrits, Trudie & Reis, Ria & Braat, Didi, D.M. & Kremer, Jan, A.M. & Hardon, Anita, P.
- 340-344 Bioethics and power: Informed consent procedures in post-socialist Latvia
by Putniņa, Aivita
- 345-350 Human embryonic stem cell science and policy: The case of Iran
by Saniei, Mansooreh
- 351-360 ‘Give us the full story’: Overcoming the challenges to achieving informed choice about fetal anomaly screening in Australian Aboriginal communities
by Wild, Kayli & Maypilama, Elaine Lawurrpa & Kildea, Sue & Boyle, Jacqueline & Barclay, Lesley & Rumbold, Alice
- 361-370 Experiencing everyday ethics in context: Frontline data collectors perspectives and practices of bioethics
by Kingori, Patricia
- 371-378 ‘Wicked’ ethics: Compliance work and the practice of ethics in HIV research
by Heimer, Carol A.
2013, Volume 97, Issue C
- 1-6 The impact of different prioritisation policies on waiting times: Case studies of Norway and Scotland
by Januleviciute, Jurgita & Askildsen, Jan Erik & Kaarboe, Oddvar & Holmås, Tor Helge & Sutton, Matt
- 7-14 Race, life course socioeconomic position, racial discrimination, depressive symptoms and self-rated health
by Hudson, Darrell L. & Puterman, Eli & Bibbins-Domingo, Kirsten & Matthews, Karen A. & Adler, Nancy E.
- 15-19 Child health security in China: A survey of child health insurance coverage in diverse areas of the country
by Xiong, Juyang & Hipgrave, David & Myklebust, Karoline & Guo, Sufang & Scherpbier, Robert W. & Tong, Xuetao & Yao, Lan & Moran, Andrew E.
- 20-28 Aboriginal Australians' experience of social capital and its relevance to health and wellbeing in urban settings
by Browne-Yung, Kathryn & Ziersch, Anna & Baum, Fran & Gallaher, Gilbert
- 29-40 The effect of marriage and HIV risks on condom use acceptability in rural Malawi
by Anglewicz, Philip & Clark, Shelley
- 41-48 Efficacy of text messaging-based interventions for health promotion: A meta-analysis
by Head, Katharine J. & Noar, Seth M. & Iannarino, Nicholas T. & Grant Harrington, Nancy
- 49-55 Perceived neighborhood social cohesion and stroke
by Kim, Eric S. & Park, Nansook & Peterson, Christopher
- 56-65 Exploring the health consequences of majority–minority neighborhoods: Minority diversity and birthweight among native-born and foreign-born blacks
by Vang, Zoua M. & Elo, Irma T.
- 66-74 The socioeconomic health gradient across the life cycle: What role for selective mortality and institutionalization?
by Baeten, Steef & Van Ourti, Tom & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 75-81 Shame as a barrier to health seeking among indigenous Huichol migrant labourers: An interpretive approach of the “violence continuum” and “authoritative knowledge”
by Gamlin, Jennie B.
- 82-86 The acceptability and feasibility of task-sharing for mental healthcare in low and middle income countries: A systematic review
by Padmanathan, Prianka & De Silva, Mary J.
- 87-94 Planning safer suburbs: Do changes in the built environment influence residents' perceptions of crime risk?
by Foster, Sarah & Wood, Lisa & Christian, Hayley & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 95-103 Neighbourhood socioeconomic status and individual lung cancer risk: Evaluating long-term exposure measures and mediating mechanisms
by Hystad, Perry & Carpiano, Richard M. & Demers, Paul A. & Johnson, Kenneth C. & Brauer, Michael
- 104-111 Spaces for smoking in a psychiatric hospital: Social capital, resistance to control, and significance for ‘therapeutic landscapes’
by Wood, Victoria J. & Curtis, Sarah E. & Gesler, Wil & Spencer, Ian H. & Close, Helen J. & Mason, James M. & Reilly, Joe G.
- 112-123 What constitutes a health-enabling neighborhood? A grounded theory situational analysis addressing the significance of social capital and gender
by Eriksson, Malin & Emmelin, Maria
- 124-133 Child marriage prevention in Amhara Region, Ethiopia: Association of communication exposure and social influence with parents/guardians' knowledge and attitudes
by Gage, Anastasia J.
- 134-142 Variation in the interpretation of scientific integrity in community-based participatory health research
by Kraemer Diaz, Anne E. & Spears Johnson, Chaya R. & Arcury, Thomas A.
- 143-151 Exploring substance use normalization among adolescents: A multilevel study in 35 countries
by Sznitman, Sharon R. & Kolobov, Tanya & Bogt, Tom ter & Kuntsche, Emmanuel & Walsh, Sophie D. & Boniel-Nissim, Meyran & Harel-Fisch, Yossi
- 152-160 Mothers' reading skills and child survival in Nigeria: Examining the relevance of mothers' decision-making power
by Smith-Greenaway, Emily
- 161-169 The influence of parental monitoring and parent–adolescent communication on Bahamian adolescent risk involvement: A three-year longitudinal examination
by Wang, Bo & Stanton, Bonita & Li, Xiaoming & Cottrell, Lesley & Deveaux, Lynette & Kaljee, Linda
- 170-175 Individual and hospital-specific factors influencing medical graduates' time to medical specialization
by Johannessen, Karl-Arne & Hagen, Terje P.
- 176-191 Negotiating last-minute concerns in closing Korean medical encounters: The use of gaze, body and talk
by Park, Yujong
- 192-200 Healthcare provider views on the health effects of biomass fuel collection and use in rural Eastern Cape, South Africa: An ethnographic study
by Matinga, Margaret Njirambo & Annegarn, Harold J. & Clancy, Joy S.
- 201-209 Compassionate containment? Balancing technical safety and therapy in the design of psychiatric wards
by Curtis, Sarah & Gesler, Wilbert & Wood, Victoria & Spencer, Ian & Mason, James & Close, Helen & Reilly, Joseph
- 210-219 The seven Cs of the high acceptability of home-based VCT: Results from a mixed methods approach in Zambia
by Jürgensen, Marte & Sandøy, Ingvild F. & Michelo, Charles & Fylkesnes, Knut & Mwangala, Sheila & Blystad, Astrid
- 220-227 Protecting the public or setting the bar too high? Understanding the causes and consequences of regulatory actions of front-line regulators and specialized drug shop operators in Kenya
by Wafula, Francis & Molyneux, Catherine & Mackintosh, Maureen & Goodman, Catherine
- 228-237 Effectiveness and equity impacts of town-wide cycling initiatives in England: A longitudinal, controlled natural experimental study
by Goodman, Anna & Panter, Jenna & Sharp, Stephen J. & Ogilvie, David
- 241-249 Subsidized childcare and child development in Colombia: Effects of Hogares Comunitarios de Bienestar as a function of timing and length of exposure
by Bernal, Raquel & Fernández, Camila
- 250-258 Effectiveness of a parenting program in Bangladesh to address early childhood health, growth and development
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R. & Nahil, Md Imam & Borisova, Ivelina
- 259-266 Malnutrition in early life and adult mental health: Evidence from a natural experiment
by Huang, Cheng & Phillips, Michael R. & Zhang, Yali & Zhang, Jingxuan & Shi, Qichang & Song, Zhiqiang & Ding, Zhijie & Pang, Shutao & Martorell, Reynaldo
- 267-277 Physical growth and cognitive skills in early-life: Evidence from a nationally representative US birth cohort
by Murasko, Jason E.
- 278-287 Periods of child growth up to age 8 years in Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam: Key distal household and community factors
by Schott, Whitney B. & Crookston, Benjamin T. & Lundeen, Elizabeth A. & Stein, Aryeh D. & Behrman, Jere R.
- 288-296 The critical period of infant feeding for the development of early disparities in obesity
by Thompson, Amanda L. & Bentley, Margaret E.
- 297-306 Media representations of early human development: Protecting, feeding and loving the developing brain
by O'Connor, Cliodhna & Joffe, Helene
- 307-315 Screening for developmental disabilities in developing countries
by Bornstein, Marc H. & Hendricks, Charlene
- 316-324 Estimating the critical and sensitive periods of investment in early childhood: A methodological note
by Popli, Gurleen & Gladwell, Daniel & Tsuchiya, Aki
2013, Volume 96, Issue C
- 1-8 Intelligent policy making? Key actors' perspectives on the development and implementation of an early years' initiative in Scotland's public health arena
by Deas, L. & Mattu, L. & Gnich, W.
- 9-16 Disembodied abilities: Sick role and participation in ‘activating’ return-to-work practices
by van Hal, Lineke & Meershoek, Agnes & Nijhuis, Frans & Horstman, Klasien
- 17-23 A cluster analytic examination of acculturation and health status among Asian Americans in the Washington DC metropolitan area, United States
by Lee, Sunmin & Chen, Lu & He, Xin & Miller, Matthew J. & Juon, Hee-Soon
- 24-32 Social valorisation of stoutness as a determinant of obesity in the context of nutritional transition in Cameroon: The Bamiléké case
by Cohen, E. & Boetsch, G. & Palstra, F.P. & Pasquet, P.
- 33-44 Getting doctors into the bush: General Practitioners' preferences for rural location
by Scott, Anthony & Witt, Julia & Humphreys, John & Joyce, Catherine & Kalb, Guyonne & Jeon, Sung-Hee & McGrail, Matthew
- 45-51 A test of the substitution hypothesis: An analysis of urban and rural trends in solid/liquid poisoning suicides in Taiwan
by Chen, Ying-Yeh & Kwok, Chi-Leung & Yip, Paul S.F. & Wu, Kevin Chien-Chang
- 52-59 Discretion or discretions? Delineating professional discretion: The case of English medical practice
by Cheraghi-Sohi, Sudeh & Calnan, Michael
- 60-68 A geographical perspective on access to sexual and reproductive health care for women in rural Africa
by Yao, Jing & Murray, Alan T. & Agadjanian, Victor
- 69-77 How teams use indicators for quality improvement – A multiple-case study on the use of multiple indicators in multidisciplinary breast cancer teams
by Gort, Marjan & Broekhuis, Manda & Regts, Gerdien
- 78-85 Personal identity and the role of ‘carer’ among relatives and friends of people with multiple sclerosis
by Hughes, Nic & Locock, Louise & Ziebland, Sue
- 86-94 A systematic review and meta-analysis of antecedents of blood donation behavior and intentions
by Bednall, Timothy C. & Bove, Liliana L. & Cheetham, Ali & Murray, Andrea L.
- 95-103 Biogenetic explanations and stigma: A meta-analytic review of associations among laypeople
by Kvaale, Erlend P. & Gottdiener, William H. & Haslam, Nick
- 104-111 Making information ‘relevant’: General Practitioner judgments and the production of patient involvement
by Clinch, Megan & Benson, John
- 112-120 Early supplementary feeding among central African foragers and farmers: A biocultural approach
by Meehan, Courtney L. & Roulette, Jennifer W.
- 121-128 Biomedicalization and the public sphere: Newspaper coverage of health and medicine, 1960s–2000s
by Hallin, Daniel C. & Brandt, Marisa & Briggs, Charles L.