Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2012, Volume 75, Issue 10
- 1903-1911 A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability
by Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy
- 1912-1920 How families of children with complex care needs participate in everyday life
by Woodgate, Roberta Lynn & Edwards, Marie & Ripat, Jacquie
2012, Volume 75, Issue 9
- 1555-1561 HIV and chemoprophylaxis, the importance of considering social structures alongside biomedical and behavioral intervention
by Roberts, Eric T. & Matthews, Derrick D.
- 1572-1580 The logical underpinnings and benefits of pooled pharmaceutical procurement: A pragmatic role for our public institutions?
by Huff-Rousselle, Maggie
- 1581-1588 The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
by McDonald, James Ted & Worswick, Christopher
- 1589-1594 Do workers underreport morbidity? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Jürges, Hendrik
- 1595-1603 Allocation of authority in European health policy
by Adolph, Christopher & Greer, Scott L. & Massard da Fonseca, Elize
- 1604-1611 Involving citizens in the ethics of biobank research: Informing institutional policy through structured public deliberation
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Burgess, Michael M.
- 1612-1616 Impact of gender-based career obstacles on the working status of women physicians in Japan
by Nomura, Kyoko & Gohchi, Kengo
- 1617-1624 A social learning perspective on the development of doctors in the UK National Health Service
by Spilg, Edward & Siebert, Sabina & Martin, Graeme
- 1625-1632 Remaking surgical socialization: Work hour restrictions, rites of passage, and occupational identity
by Veazey Brooks, Joanna & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1633-1641 The chromosome 22q11.2 deletion: From the unification of biomedical fields to a new kind of genetic condition
by Navon, Daniel & Shwed, Uri
- 1642-1649 Diagnosis as a social determinant: The development of prosocial behaviour before and after an autism spectrum diagnosis
by Russell, Ginny & Kelly, Susan E. & Ford, Tamsin & Steer, Colin
- 1650-1659 When patients portray their conduct as normal and healthy: An interactional challenge for thorough substance use history taking
by Denvir, Paul M.
- 1660-1672 The mental health gender-gap in urban India: Patterns and narratives
by Das, Jishnu & Das, Ranendra Kumar & Das, Veena
- 1673-1684 Heavy agricultural workloads and low crop diversity are strong barriers to improving child feeding practices in the Bolivian Andes
by Jones, Andrew D. & Cruz Agudo, Yesmina & Galway, Lindsay & Bentley, Jeffery & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per
- 1685-1691 Condoms “contain worms” and “cause HIV” in Tanzania: Negative Condom Beliefs Scale development and implications for HIV prevention
by Siegler, Aaron J. & Mbwambo, Jessie K. & McCarty, Frances A. & DiClemente, Ralph J.
- 1692-1696 The importance of full-time work for urban adults' mental and physical health
by Rosenthal, Lisa & Carroll-Scott, Amy & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Santilli, Alycia & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 1697-1707 The contribution of stress to the social patterning of clinical and subclinical CVD risk factors in African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study
by Gebreab, Samson Y. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Boykin, Shawn & Sims, Mario & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Taylor, Herman A. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1708-1714 Post-disaster psychosocial services across Europe: The TENTS project
by Witteveen, Anke B. & Bisson, Jonathan I. & Ajdukovic, Dean & Arnberg, Filip K. & Bergh Johannesson, Kerstin & Bolding, Hendrieke B. & Elklit, Ask & Jehel, Louis & Johansen, Venke A. & Lis-Turlejska, Maja & Nordanger, Dag O. & Orengo-García, Francisco & Polak, A. Rosaura & Punamaki, Raija-Leena & Schnyder, Ulrich & Wittmann, Lutz & Olff, Miranda
- 1715-1720 The mechanisms that associate community social capital with post-disaster mental health: A multilevel model
by Wind, Tim R. & Komproe, Ivan H.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 8
- 1329-1341 In sickness and in health: Same-sex marriage laws and sexually transmitted infections
by Francis, Andrew M. & Mialon, Hugo M. & Peng, Handie
- 1342-1350 The role of defamilialization in the relationship between partnership and self-rated health: A cross-national comparison of Canada and the United States
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie
- 1351-1361 Maximising health versus sharing: Measuring preferences for the allocation of the health budget
by Richardson, Jeff & Sinha, Kompal & Iezzi, Angelo & Maxwell, Aimee
- 1362-1371 Behavioral adjustment to avian flu in Europe during spring 2006: The roles of knowledge and proximity to risk
by Rudisill, Caroline & Costa-Font, Joan & Mossialos, Elias
- 1372-1378 Horizontal inequity in healthcare access under the universal coverage in Japan; 1986–2007
by Watanabe, Ryo & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 1379-1386 Smoking among construction workers: The nonlinear influence of the economy, cigarette prices, and antismoking sentiment
by Okechukwu, Cassandra & Bacic, Janine & Cheng, Kai-Wen & Catalano, Ralph
- 1387-1391 ‘Responsible drinking’ programs and the alcohol industry in Brazil: Killing two birds with one stone?
by Pantani, Daniela & Sparks, Robert & M. Sanchez, Zila & Pinsky, Ilana
- 1392-1399 Women's health in urban Mali: Social predictors and health itineraries
by Bove, Riley M. & Vala-Haynes, Emily & Valeggia, Claudia R.
- 1400-1407 Investigating the potential for ethnic group harm in collaborative genomics research in Africa: Is ethnic stigmatisation likely?
by de Vries, Jantina & Jallow, Muminatou & Williams, Thomas N. & Kwiatkowski, Dominic & Parker, Michael & Fitzpatrick, Raymond
- 1408-1416 “Not all my fault”: Genetics, stigma, and personal responsibility for women with eating disorders
by Easter, Michele M.
- 1417-1425 Gender-based violence and HIV sexual risk behavior: Alcohol use and mental health problems as mediators among women in drinking venues, Cape Town
by Pitpitan, Eileen V. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Eaton, Lisa A. & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Watt, Melissa H. & Skinner, Donald
- 1426-1432 Living on the margin: Understanding the experience of living and dying with frailty in old age
by Nicholson, C. & Meyer, J. & Flatley, M. & Holman, C. & Lowton, K.
- 1433-1440 Science, politics, and health in the brave new world of pharmaceutical carcinogenic risk assessment: Technical progress or cycle of regulatory capture?
by Abraham, John & Ballinger, Rachel
- 1441-1449 Static, dynamic, integrated, and contextualized: A framework for understanding mental health service utilization among young adults
by Munson, Michelle R. & Jaccard, James & Smalling, Susan E. & Kim, Hyunsoo & Werner, James J. & Scott, Lionel D.
- 1450-1459 Does socio-economic status explain use of modern and traditional health care services?
by Sato, Azusa
- 1460-1468 Spatial analysis of suicide mortality in Australia: Investigation of metropolitan-rural-remote differentials of suicide risk across states/territories
by Cheung, Yee Tak Derek & Spittal, Matthew J. & Pirkis, Jane & Yip, Paul Siu Fai
- 1469-1476 Association of neighbourhood residence and preferences with the built environment, work-related travel behaviours, and health implications for employed adults: Findings from the URBAN study
by Badland, Hannah M. & Oliver, Melody & Kearns, Robin A. & Mavoa, Suzanne & Witten, Karen & Duncan, Mitch J. & Batty, G. David
- 1477-1487 Bringing the individual back to small-area variation studies: A multilevel analysis of all-cause mortality in Andalusia, Spain
by Merlo, Juan & Viciana-Fernández, Francisco J. & Ramiro-Fariñas, Diego
- 1488-1496 Associations among social capital, parenting for active lifestyles, and youth physical activity in rural families living in upstate New York
by Davison, Kirsten K. & Nishi, Akihiro & Kranz, Sibylle & Wyckoff, Lynae & May, John J. & Earle-Richardson, Giulia B. & Strogatz, David S. & Jenkins, Paul L.
- 1497-1504 Early life socioeconomic conditions in rural areas and old-age mortality in twentieth-century Quebec
by Gagnon, Alain & Bohnert, Nora
- 1505-1513 Geographic variation in participation for physically disabled adults: The contribution of area economic factors to employment after spinal cord injury
by Botticello, Amanda L. & Chen, Yuying & Tulsky, David S.
- 1514-1522 Measuring change in health care equity using small-area administrative data – Evidence from the English NHS 2001–2008
by Cookson, Richard & Laudicella, Mauro & Donni, Paolo Li
- 1523-1530 Early childhood economic disadvantage and the health of Hispanic children
by Schmeer, Kammi K.
- 1531-1538 The impact of childhood sickness on adult socioeconomic outcomes: Evidence from late 19th century America
by Warren, John Robert & Knies, Laurie & Haas, Steven & Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 1539-1546 The inconsistent mediating effects of psychosocial work characteristics on the education–health relationship
by Qiu, Hanyao & Bures, Regina & Shehan, Constance L.
- 1547-1554 The role of personal characteristics in the relationship between health and psychological distress among kidney transplant recipients
by Schulz, Torben & Niesing, Jan & Stewart, Roy E. & Westerhuis, Ralf & Hagedoorn, Mariet & Ploeg, Rutger J. & Homan van der Heide, Jaap J. & Ranchor, Adelita V.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 7
- 1143-1155 Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review
by VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M.
- 1156-1162 Social welfare and the Affordable Care Act: Is it ever optimal to set aside comparative cost?
by Mortimer, Duncan & Peacock, Stuart
- 1163-1174 Psychosocial work stressors as antecedents of musculoskeletal problems: A systematic review and meta-analysis of stability-adjusted longitudinal studies
by Lang, Jessica & Ochsmann, Elke & Kraus, Thomas & Lang, Jonas W.B.
- 1175-1183 Is there evidence that friends influence body weight? A systematic review of empirical research
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Vaquera, Elizabeth & Maturo, Claire C. & Venkat Narayan, K.M.
- 1184-1191 Social networks and risk for depressive symptoms in a national sample of sexual minority youth
by Hatzenbuehler, Mark L. & McLaughlin, Katie A. & Xuan, Ziming
- 1192-1201 Candidate change agent identification among men at risk for HIV infection
by Schneider, John A. & McFadden, Rachel B. & Laumann, Edward O. & Prem Kumar, S.G. & Gandham, Sabitha R. & Oruganti, Ganesh
- 1202-1212 Patient–physician relationships in second opinion encounters – The physicians’ perspective
by Greenfield, Geva & Pliskin, Joseph S. & Feder-Bubis, Paula & Wientroub, Shlomo & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 1213-1221 Towards comprehensive malaria planning: The effect of government capacity, health policy, and land use variables on malaria incidence in India
by Boussalis, Constantine & Nelson, Hal T. & Swaminathan, Siddharth
- 1222-1229 Using documents to investigate links between implementation and sustainability in a complex community intervention: The PRISM study
by Willis, Karen & Small, Rhonda & Brown, Stephanie
- 1230-1235 How to identify science being bent: The tobacco industry's fight to deny second-hand smoking health hazards as an example
by Rochel de Camargo, Kenneth
- 1236-1243 A will to youth: The woman’s anti-aging elixir
by Smirnova, Michelle Hannah
- 1244-1253 Out of our inner city backyards: Re-scaling urban environmental health inequity assessment
by Masuda, Jeffrey R. & Teelucksingh, Cheryl & Zupancic, Tara & Crabtree, Alexis & Haber, Rebecca & Skinner, Emily & Poland, Blake & Frankish, Jim & Fridell, Mara
- 1254-1262 The relationship between diet and perceived and objective access to supermarkets among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Adamkiewicz, Gary & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1263-1270 African-American/white differences in the age of menarche: Accounting for the difference
by Reagan, Patricia B. & Salsberry, Pamela J. & Fang, Muriel Z. & Gardner, William P. & Pajer, Kathleen
- 1271-1279 Neighborhood stressors and cardiovascular health: Crime and C-reactive protein in Dallas, USA
by Browning, Christopher R. & Cagney, Kathleen A. & Iveniuk, James
- 1280-1287 The changing gender differences in life expectancy in Korea 1970–2005
by Yang, Seungmi & Khang, Young-Ho & Chun, Heeran & Harper, Sam & Lynch, John
- 1288-1295 Social capital and health of older Europeans: Causal pathways and health inequalities
by Sirven, Nicolas & Debrand, Thierry
- 1296-1302 Intergenerational financial transfers and health in a national sample from France
by Scodellaro, Claire & Khlat, Myriam & Jusot, Florence
- 1303-1310 Household economic resources, labour-market advantage and health problems – A study on causal relationships using prospective register data
by Aittomäki, Akseli & Martikainen, Pekka & Laaksonen, Mikko & Lahelma, Eero & Rahkonen, Ossi
- 1311-1320 A life course model of self-rated health through adolescence and young adulthood
by Bauldry, Shawn & Shanahan, Michael J. & Boardman, Jason D. & Miech, Richard A. & Macmillan, Ross
- 1321-1328 High school students’ posttraumatic symptoms, substance abuse and involvement in violence in the aftermath of war
by Schiff, Miriam & Pat-Horenczyk, Ruth & Benbenishty, Rami & Brom, Danny & Baum, Naomi & Astor, Ron Avi
2012, Volume 75, Issue 6
- 955-958 Race, ethnicity and health: The costs and benefits of conceptualising racism and ethnicity
by Bradby, Hannah
- 959-975 Intimate partner violence against adult women and its association with major depressive disorder, depressive symptoms and postpartum depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Beydoun, Hind A. & Beydoun, May A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Lo, Bruce & Zonderman, Alan B.
- 976-985 What do we know about the experience of age related macular degeneration? A systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative research
by Bennion, Amy E. & Shaw, Rachel L. & Gibson, Jonathan M.
- 990-996 Population heterogeneity in the impact of body weight on mortality
by Zheng, Hui & Yang, Yang
- 997-1005 Disaggregating Canadian immigrant smoking behaviour by country of birth
by Newbold, K. Bruce & Neligan, David
- 1006-1014 Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian Americans
by Zhang, Wei & Hong, Seunghye & Takeuchi, David T. & Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 1015-1021 Geographically-based discrimination is a social determinant of mental health in a deprived or stigmatized area in Japan: A cross-sectional study
by Tabuchi, Takahiro & Fukuhara, Hiroyuki & Iso, Hiroyasu
- 1022-1031 The role of geographic scale in testing the income inequality hypothesis as an explanation of health disparities
by Chen, Zhuo & Gotway Crawford, Carol A.
- 1032-1037 Weighing the contributions of material and social area deprivation to preterm birth
by Auger, Nathalie & Park, Alison L. & Gamache, Philippe & Pampalon, Robert & Daniel, Mark
- 1038-1047 Neighborhood-level stressors, social support, and diurnal patterns of cortisol: The Chicago Community Adult Health Study
by Karb, Rebecca A. & Elliott, Michael R. & Dowd, Jennifer B. & Morenoff, Jeffrey D.
- 1048-1056 Food outlet availability, deprivation and obesity in a multi-ethnic sample of pregnant women in Bradford, UK
by Fraser, L.K. & Edwards, K.L. & Tominitz, M. & Clarke, G.P. & Hill, A.J.
- 1057-1066 Building patient-centeredness: Hospital design as an interpretive act
by Bromley, Elizabeth
- 1067-1077 Vulnerability of indigenous health to climate change: A case study of Uganda's Batwa Pygmies
by Berrang-Ford, Lea & Dingle, Kathryn & Ford, James D. & Lee, Celine & Lwasa, Shuaib & Namanya, Didas B. & Henderson, Jim & Llanos, Alejandro & Carcamo, Cesar & Edge, Victoria
- 1078-1087 Enhancing adolescent self-efficacy and collective efficacy through public engagement around HIV/AIDS competence: A multilevel, cluster randomized-controlled trial
by Carlson, Mary & Brennan, Robert T. & Earls, Felton
- 1088-1096 Explanatory models of diabetes in the U.S. and Mexico: The patient–provider gap and cultural competence
by Weller, Susan C. & Baer, Roberta D. & Garcia de Alba Garcia, Javier & Salcedo Rocha, Ana L.
- 1097-1105 Cruel disease, cruel medicine: Self-treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with harmful chemical substances in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie
- 1106-1113 Experiences of fathering a baby admitted to neonatal intensive care: A critical gender analysis
by Deeney, Kathleen & Lohan, Maria & Spence, Dale & Parkes, Jackie
- 1114-1121 The promotion of unhealthy habits in gay, lesbian, and straight intimate partnerships
by Reczek, Corinne
- 1122-1127 Effects of contact with treatment users on mental illness stigma: Evidence from university roommate assignments
by Eisenberg, Daniel & Downs, Marilyn F. & Golberstein, Ezra
- 1128-1133 Associations of physical symptoms with perceived need for and use of mental health services among Latino and Asian Americans
by Bauer, Amy M. & Chen, Chih-Nan & Alegría, Margarita
- 1134-1141 From cottage industry to a dominant mode of primary care: Stages in the diffusion of a health care innovation (retail clinics)
by McKinlay, John B. & Marceau, Lisa D.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 5
- 775-783 Medicalization and pharmaceuticalization at the intersections: Looking backward, sideways and forward
by Bell, Susan E. & Figert, Anne E.
- 784-794 Formulation of work stress in 1960–2000: Analysis of scientific works from the perspective of historical sociology
by Väänänen, Ari & Anttila, Erkko & Turtiainen, Jussi & Varje, Pekka
- 795-800 Intra-organizational dynamics as drivers of entrepreneurship among physicians and managers in hospitals of western countries
by Koelewijn, Wout T. & Ehrenhard, Michel L. & Groen, Aard J. & van Harten, Wim H.
- 801-806 Cost-effectiveness analysis of human resources policy interventions to address the shortage of nurses in rural South Africa
by Lagarde, Mylene & Blaauw, Duane & Cairns, John
- 807-814 The struggle to improve patient care in the face of professional boundaries
by Powell, Alison E. & Davies, Huw T.O.
- 815-822 Moving towards culturally competent health systems: Organizational and market factors
by Weech-Maldonado, Robert & Elliott, Marc N. & Pradhan, Rohit & Schiller, Cameron & Dreachslin, Janice & Hays, Ron D.
- 823-827 The rights of psychiatric patients in China: A survey of medical staff and consumers' attitudes toward patient participation in clinical trials
by Su, Liang & Huang, Jingjing & Mellor, David & Yang, Weimin & McCabe, Marita & Shen, Yifeng & Li, Huafang & Wang, Weichun & Xu, Yifeng
- 828-835 Listening to the rural health workers in Papua New Guinea – The social factors that influence their motivation to work
by Razee, Husna & Whittaker, Maxine & Jayasuriya, Rohan & Yap, Lorraine & Brentnall, Lee
- 836-844 On ethical locations: The good death in Thailand, where ethics sit in places
by Stonington, Scott D.
- 845-853 Cultural differences affecting euthanasia practice in Belgium: One law but different attitudes and practices in Flanders and Wallonia
by Cohen, Joachim & Van Wesemael, Yanna & Smets, Tinne & Bilsen, Johan & Deliens, Luc
- 854-858 Minority status and health information search: A test of the social diversification hypothesis
by Mesch, Gustavo & Mano, Rita & Tsamir, Judith
- 859-863 Unmet needs among disabled elderly Malaysians
by Momtaz, Yadollah Abolfathi & Hamid, Tengku Aizan & Ibrahim, Rahimah
- 864-872 One more chemo or one too many? Defining the limits of treatment and innovation in medical oncology
by Baszanger, Isabelle
- 873-882 "They should take time": Disclosure of clinical trial results as part of a social relationship
by Sarradon-Eck, Aline & Sakoyan, Juliette & Desclaux, Alice & Mancini, Julien & Genre, Dominique & Julian-Reynier, Claire
- 883-891 Revisiting “her” infertility: Medicalized embodiment, self-identification and distress
by Johnson, Katherine M. & Fledderjohann, Jasmine
- 892-900 ‘Relax and take a deep breath’: Print media coverage of asthma and air pollution in the United States
by Mayer, Brian
- 901-904 Social network type and health-related behaviors: Evidence from an American national survey
by Shiovitz-Ezra, Sharon & Litwin, Howard
- 905-913 Socioeconomic equity in amenable mortality in Finland 1992–2008
by Lumme, Sonja & Sund, Reijo & Leyland, Alastair H. & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 914-921 Environmental factors associated with primary care access among urban older adults
by Ryvicker, Miriam & Gallo, William T. & Fahs, Marianne C.
- 922-931 Racial/ethnic and gender differences in the association between self-reported experiences of racial/ethnic discrimination and inflammation in the CARDIA cohort of 4 US communities
by Cunningham, Timothy J. & Seeman, Teresa E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gortmaker, Steven L. & Jacobs, David R. & Kiefe, Catarina I. & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 932-939 The association between parent’s health and the educational attainment of their children
by Boardman, Jason D. & Alexander, Kari B. & Miech, Richard A. & MacMillan, Ross & Shanahan, Michael J.
- 940-945 Gender differences on the impacts of social exclusion on mortality among older Japanese: AGES cohort study
by Saito, Masashige & Kondo, Naoki & Kondo, Katsunori & Ojima, Toshiyuki & Hirai, Hiroshi
- 946-953 Health effects of downsizing survival and job loss in Norway
by Østhus, Ståle
2012, Volume 75, Issue 4
- 589-594 Challenges to changing health behaviours in developing countries: A critical overview
by Aboud, Frances E. & Singla, Daisy R.
- 595-603 Health insurance and health-seeking behavior: Evidence from a randomized community-based insurance rollout in rural Burkina Faso
by Robyn, Paul Jacob & Fink, Günther & Sié, Ali & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 604-611 Interim evaluation of a large scale sanitation, hygiene and water improvement programme on childhood diarrhea and respiratory disease in rural Bangladesh
by Huda, Tarique Md. Nurul & Unicomb, Leanne & Johnston, Richard B. & Halder, Amal K. & Yushuf Sharker, Md. Abu & Luby, Stephen P.
- 612-621 Behaviour change communication targeting four health behaviours in developing countries: A review of change techniques
by Briscoe, Ciara & Aboud, Frances
- 622-633 Systematic review of behavior change research on point-of-use water treatment interventions in countries categorized as low- to medium-development on the human development index
by Parker Fiebelkorn, Amy & Person, Bobbie & Quick, Robert E. & Vindigni, Stephen M. & Jhung, Michael & Bowen, Anna & Riley, Patricia L.
- 634-642 Understanding why women adopt and sustain home water treatment: Insights from the Malawi antenatal care program
by Wood, Siri & Foster, Jennifer & Kols, Adrienne
- 643-650 Social communication network analysis of the role of participatory research in the adoption of new fish consumption behaviors
by Mertens, Frédéric & Saint-Charles, Johanne & Mergler, Donna
- 651-658 Caregivers' responses to an intervention to improve young child feeding behaviors in rural Bangladesh: A mixed method study of the facilitators and barriers to change
by Affleck, William & Pelto, Gretel
- 659-667 The influence of cognitive-perceptual variables on patterns of change over time in rural midlife and older women’s healthy eating
by Yates, Bernice C. & Pullen, Carol H. & Santo, Jonathan Bruce & Boeckner, Linda & Hageman, Patricia A. & Dizona, Paul J. & Walker, Susan Noble
- 668-675 Process assessment of a peer education programme for HIV prevention among sex workers in Dhaka, Bangladesh : A social support framework
by Sarafian, Isabelle
- 676-687 A meta-analysis of the efficacy of HIV/AIDS prevention interventions in Asia, 1995–2009
by Tan, Judy Y. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Warren, Michelle R. & Carey, Michael P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 688-698 A role for depression in sexual risk reduction for women? A meta-analysis of HIV prevention trials with depression outcomes
by Lennon, Carter A. & Huedo-Medina, Tania B. & Gerwien, Daniel P. & Johnson, Blair T.
- 699-708 Contextualization of HIV and HPV risk and prevention among Pacific Islander young adults in Southern California
by DiStefano, Anthony S. & Hui, Brian & Barrera-Ng, Angelica & Quitugua, Lourdes F. & Peters, Ruth & Dimaculangan, Jeany & Vunileva, Isileli & Tui'one, Vanessa & Takahashi, Lois M. & Tanjasiri, Sora Park
- 709-716 Women's childbirth preferences and practices in the United States
by Miller, Amy Chasteen & Shriver, Thomas E.
- 717-724 Leveraging the “living laboratory”: On the emergence of the entrepreneurial hospital
by French, Martin & Miller, Fiona Alice
- 725-732 IVF policy and global/local politics: The making of multiple-embryo transfer regulation in Taiwan
by Wu, Chia-Ling
- 733-737 High caesarean section rate in rural China: Is it related to health insurance (New Co-operative Medical Scheme)?
by Long, Qian & Klemetti, Reija & Wang, Yang & Tao, Fangbiao & Yan, Hong & Hemminki, Elina
- 738-746 Consumer preferences for household water treatment products in Andhra Pradesh, India
by Poulos, Christine & Yang, Jui-Chen & Patil, Sumeet R. & Pattanayak, Subhrendu & Wood, Siri & Goodyear, Lorelei & Gonzalez, Juan Marcos
- 747-751 Community-level socioeconomic status and parental smoking in Japan
by Takeuchi, Kenji & Aida, Jun & Morita, Manabu & Ando, Yuichi & Osaka, Ken
- 754-760 Correlation or causation? Income inequality and infant mortality in fixed effects models in the period 1960–2008 in 34 OECD countries
by Avendano, Mauricio
- 761-769 The persistence of health inequalities in modern welfare states: The explanation of a paradox
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 3
- 439-451 Effect of unequal employment status on workers’ health: Results from a Japanese national survey
by Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Inoue, Mariko & Yano, Eiji
- 459-468 Birthweight of children of immigrants by maternal duration of residence in the United States
by Teitler, Julien O. & Hutto, Nathan & Reichman, Nancy E.
- 469-476 Ethnic disparities in adolescent body mass index in the United States: The role of parental socioeconomic status and economic contextual factors
by Powell, Lisa M. & Wada, Roy & Krauss, Ramona C. & Wang, Youfa
- 477-481 Family income and childhood obesity in eight European cities: The mediating roles of Neighborhood characteristics and physical activity
by Evans, Gary W. & Jones-Rounds, McKenzie L. & Belojevic, Goran & Vermeylen, Francoise
- 482-490 Associations of economic and gender inequality with global obesity prevalence: Understanding the female excess
by Wells, Jonathan C.K. & Marphatia, Akanksha A. & Cole, Tim J. & McCoy, David
- 491-495 Residential property values are associated with obesity among women in King County, WA, USA
by Rehm, Colin D. & Moudon, Anne V. & Hurvitz, Philip M. & Drewnowski, Adam
- 496-504 Parental employment and work-family stress: Associations with family food environments
by Bauer, Katherine W. & Hearst, Mary O. & Escoto, Kamisha & Berge, Jerica M. & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 505-510 Measuring the payback of research activities: A feasible ex-post evaluation methodology in epidemiology and public health
by Aymerich, Marta & Carrion, Carme & Gallo, Pedro & Garcia, Maria & López-Bermejo, Abel & Quesada, Miquel & Ramos, Rafel
- 511-515 Performance of female volunteer community health workers in Dhaka urban slums
by Alam, Khurshid & Tasneem, Sakiba & Oliveras, Elizabeth
- 516-525 “911” among West African immigrants in New York City: A qualitative study of parents' disciplinary practices and their perceptions of child welfare authorities
by Rasmussen, Andrew & Akinsulure-Smith, Adeyinka & Chu, Tracy & Keatley, Eva
- 526-530 Transition to retirement and risk of cardiovascular disease: Prospective analysis of the US health and retirement study
by Moon, J. Robin & Glymour, M. Maria & Subramanian, S.V. & Avendaño, Mauricio & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 531-537 Revealing mental health status in Iran's capital: Putting equity and efficiency together
by Morasae, Esmaeil Khedmati & Forouzan, Ameneh Setareh & Asadi-Lari, Mohsen & Majdzadeh, Reza
- 538-547 “From this place and of this place:” Climate change, sense of place, and health in Nunatsiavut, Canada
by Cunsolo Willox, Ashlee & Harper, Sherilee L. & Ford, James D. & Landman, Karen & Houle, Karen & Edge, Victoria L.
- 548-554 Haunted by ghosts: Prevalence, predictors and outcomes of spirit possession experiences among former child soldiers and war-affected civilians in Northern Uganda
by Neuner, Frank & Pfeiffer, Anett & Schauer-Kaiser, Elisabeth & Odenwald, Michael & Elbert, Thomas & Ertl, Verena
- 555-564 Idioms of distress, ethnopsychology, and the clinical encounter in Haiti's Central Plateau
by Keys, Hunter M. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Kohrt, Brandon A. & Khoury, Nayla M. & Brewster, Aimée-Rika T.
- 565-572 Cooking with biomass increases the risk of depression in pre-menopausal women in India
by Banerjee, Madhuchhanda & Siddique, Shabana & Dutta, Anindita & Mukherjee, Bidisha & Ranjan Ray, Manas
- 573-580 The recovery imperative: A critical examination of mid-life women's recovery from depression
by O'Brien, Wendy
- 581-588 Challenging claims that mental illness has been increasing and mental well-being declining
by Busfield, Joan
2012, Volume 75, Issue 2
- 249-256 Cultural competence and evidence-based practice in mental health: Epistemic communities and the politics of pluralism
by Kirmayer, Laurence J.
- 257-263 Patients' willingness and ability to participate actively in the reduction of clinical errors: A systematic literature review
by Doherty, Carole & Stavropoulou, Charitini
- 264-268 Care pathways lead to better teamwork: Results of a systematic review
by Deneckere, Svin & Euwema, Martin & Van Herck, Pieter & Lodewijckx, Cathy & Panella, Massimiliano & Sermeus, Walter & Vanhaecht, Kris
- 269-273 The health care access and utilization of homeschooled children in the United States
by Cordner, Alissa
- 274-282 Health programs struggling with complexity: A case study of the Dutch ‘PreCare’ project
by Wehrens, Rik & Bal, Roland
- 283-287 Regional differences in HIV prevalence and individual attitudes among service providers in China
by Li, Li & Lin, Chunqing & Wu, Zunyou & Scott Comulada, W. & Ding, Yingying
- 288-296 Trans-local ties, local ties and psychological well-being among rural-to-urban migrants in Shanghai
by Jin, Lei & Wen, Ming & Fan, Jessie X. & Wang, Guixin
- 297-299 Residual stigma: Psychological distress among the formerly overweight
by Levy, Becca R. & Pilver, Corey E.
- 300-310 Durational and generational differences in Mexican immigrant obesity: Is acculturation the explanation?
by Creighton, Mathew J. & Goldman, Noreen & Pebley, Anne R. & Chung, Chang Y.
- 311-322 Weight of communities: A multilevel analysis of body mass index in 32,814 neighborhoods in 57 low- to middle-income countries (LMICs)
by Corsi, Daniel J. & Finlay, Jocelyn E. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 323-330 Breastfeeding and risk of overweight and obesity at nine-years of age
by McCrory, Cathal & Layte, Richard
- 331-339 Linkages between maternal education and childhood immunization in India
by Vikram, Kriti & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde
- 340-348 Social capital and self-rated health – A study of temporal (causal) relationships
by Giordano, Giuseppe Nicola & Björk, Jonas & Lindström, Martin
- 349-357 Individual social capital, neighbourhood deprivation, and self-rated health in England
by Verhaeghe, Pieter-Paul & Tampubolon, Gindo
- 358-366 Towards a reassessment of the role of divorce in suicide outcomes: Evidence from five pacific rim populations
by Yip, Paul S.F. & Chen, Ying-Yeh & Yousuf, Saman & Lee, Carmen K.M. & Kawano, Kenji & Routley, Virginia & Ben Park, B.C. & Yamauchi, Takashi & Tachimori, Hisateru & Clapperton, Angela & Wu, Kevin Chien-Chang
- 367-376 Risk as feelings in the effect of patient outcomes on physicians' future treatment decisions: A randomized trial and manipulation validation
by Hemmerich, Joshua A. & Elstein, Arthur S. & Schwarze, Margaret L. & Moliski, Elizabeth Ghini & Dale, William
- 377-383 Why performance-based contracting failed in Uganda – An “open-box” evaluation of a complex health system intervention
by Ssengooba, Freddie & McPake, Barbara & Palmer, Natasha
- 384-391 The decision to vaccinate a child: An economic perspective from southern Malawi
by Holte, Jon H. & Mæstad, Ottar & Jani, Jagrati V.
- 392-400 Water insecurity in 3 dimensions: An anthropological perspective on water and women's psychosocial distress in Ethiopia
by Stevenson, Edward G.J. & Greene, Leslie E. & Maes, Kenneth C. & Ambelu, Argaw & Tesfaye, Yihenew Alemu & Rheingans, Richard & Hadley, Craig
- 401-409 Class, gender and culture in the experience of menopause. A comparative survey in Tunisia and France
by Delanoë, Daniel & Hajri, Selma & Bachelot, Annie & Mahfoudh Draoui, Dorra & Hassoun, Danielle & Marsicano, Elise & Ringa, Virginie
- 410-418 Representations of MDR and XDR-TB in South African newspapers
by Daku, Mark & Gibbs, Andrew & Heymann, Jody
- 419-428 Suicide communication events: Lay interpretation of the communication of suicidal ideation and intent
by Owen, Gareth & Belam, Judith & Lambert, Helen & Donovan, Jenny & Rapport, Frances & Owens, Christabel
- 429-437 The possibilities of technology in shaping healthcare professionals: (Re/De-)Professionalisation of pharmacists in England
by Petrakaki, Dimitra & Barber, Nick & Waring, Justin
2012, Volume 75, Issue 1
- 1-9 Whiners and deniers – What does self-rated health measure?
by Layes, Audrey & Asada, Yukiko & Kephart, George
- 14-22 The journals are full of great studies but can we believe the statistics? Revisiting the Mass Privatisation – Mortality Debate
by Gerry, Christopher J.
- 36-45 Do people die from income inequality of a decade ago?
by Zheng, Hui
- 46-59 Meta-analysis of marital dissolution and mortality: Reevaluating the intersection of gender and age
by Shor, Eran & Roelfs, David J. & Bugyi, Paul & Schwartz, Joseph E.
- 60-68 Macro-level gender equality and alcohol consumption: A multi-level analysis across U.S. States
by Roberts, Sarah C.M.
- 69-76 Does school ethos explain the relationship between value-added education and teenage substance use? A cohort study
by Markham, Wolfgang A. & Young, Robert & Sweeting, Helen & West, Patrick & Aveyard, Paul
- 77-86 A cross-sectional exploration of smoking status and social interaction in a large population-based Australian cohort
by Chiew, May & Weber, Marianne F. & Egger, Sam & Sitas, Freddy
- 87-97 A best–worst scaling survey of adolescents' level of concern for health and non-health consequences of smoking
by Marti, Joachim
- 98-108 Multiple risk behaviors and suicidal ideation and behavior among Israeli and Palestinian adolescents
by Harel-Fisch, Yossi & Abdeen, Ziad & Walsh, Sophie D. & Radwan, Qasrowi & Fogel-Grinvald, Haya
- 109-119 Bigger bodies: Long-term trends and disparities in obesity and body-mass index among U.S. adults, 1960–2008
by Ljungvall, Åsa & Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 120-128 Heterogeneity of income and lifestyle determinants of body weight among adult women in Mexico, 2006
by Colchero, M.A. & Sosa-Rubí, S.G.
- 129-137 Use of the Yitzhaki Index as a test of relative deprivation for health outcomes: A review of recent literature
by Adjaye-Gbewonyo, Kafui & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 138-147 A perverse ‘net’ effect? Health insurance and ex-ante moral hazard in Ghana
by Yilma, Zelalem & van Kempen, Luuk & de Hoop, Thomas
- 148-155 Representations and uses of emergency contraception in West Africa. A social anthropological reading of a northern medicinal product
by Teixeira, Maria & Guillaume, Agnès & Ferrand, Michèle & Adjamabgo, Agnès & Bajos, Nathalie
- 156-164 The relationship between state abortion-restrictions and homicide deaths among children under 5 years of age: A longitudinal study
by Sen, Bisakha & Wingate, Martha Slay & Kirby, Russell
- 165-170 Pharmacovigilance in Europe and North America: Divergent approaches
by Wiktorowicz, Mary & Lexchin, Joel & Moscou, Kathy
- 171-178 Understanding similarities in the local implementation of a healthy environment programme: Insights from policy studies
by Clavier, Carole & Gendron, Sylvie & Lamontagne, Lise & Potvin, Louise
- 179-185 Predictors of and health services utilization related to depressive symptoms among elderly Koreans
by Shin, Jin Hee & Do, Young Kyung & Maselko, Joanna & Brouwer, Rebecca J.N. & Song, Sang Wook & Østbye, Truls
- 186-192 Assessment of the sunk-cost effect in clinical decision-making
by Braverman, Jennifer A. & Blumenthal-Barby, J.S.
- 193-199 Governing the moral economy: Animal engineering, ethics and the liberal government of science
by Harvey, Alison & Salter, Brian
- 200-207 Governing at a distance: Social marketing and the (bio) politics of responsibility
by Crawshaw, Paul
- 208-216 From silence to sensitivity: A new Identity Disclosure model to facilitate disclosure for same-sex attracted women in general practice consultations
by McNair, Ruth Patricia & Hegarty, Kelsey & Taft, Angela
- 217-224 Acceptance of dying: A discourse analysis of palliative care literature
by Zimmermann, Camilla
- 225-232 Place-specific constructs of social capital and their possible associations to health: A Japanese case study
by Hanibuchi, Tomoya & Murata, Yohei & Ichida, Yukinobu & Hirai, Hiroshi & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kondo, Katsunori
- 233-239 Towards a differentiated understanding of active travel behaviour: Using social theory to explore everyday commuting
by Guell, C. & Panter, J. & Jones, N.R. & Ogilvie, D.
- 240-247 Is travel-time to a specialist centre a risk factor for non-referral, non-attendance and loss to follow-up among patients with hepatitis C (HCV) infection?
by Astell-Burt, Thomas & Flowerdew, Robin & Boyle, Paul & Dillon, John