Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2013, Volume 84, Issue C
- 22-29 Managing uncertainty: A grounded theory of stigma in transgender health care encounters
by Poteat, Tonia & German, Danielle & Kerrigan, Deanna
- 30-34 Which doctor for primary health care? Quality of care and non-physician clinicians in India
by Rao, Krishna D. & Sundararaman, T. & Bhatnagar, Aarushi & Gupta, Garima & Kokho, Puni & Jain, Kamlesh
- 35-43 After the death of a friend: Young Men's grief and masculine identities
by Creighton, Genevieve & Oliffe, John L. & Butterwick, Shauna & Saewyc, Elizabeth
- 44-52 Diffusion of community empowerment strategies for Aedes aegypti control in Cuba: A muddling through experience
by Pérez, Dennis & Lefèvre, Pierre & Castro, Marta & Toledo, María Eugenia & Zamora, Gilberto & Bonet, Mariano & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 53-60 Local availability of physicians' services as a tool for implicit risk selection
by Shmueli, Amir & Nissan-Engelcin, Esti
- 61-68 Exploring the relationship between macroeconomic conditions and problem drinking as captured by Google searches in the US
by Frijters, Paul & Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A.
- 69-79 Team-level flexibility, work–home spillover, and health behavior
by Moen, Phyllis & Fan, Wen & Kelly, Erin L.
- 80-93 Time allocation of disabled individuals
by Pagán, Ricardo
- 94-101 Structural vulnerability and access to medical care among migrant street-based male sex workers in Germany
by Castañeda, Heide
- 102-109 The role of provider supply and organization in reducing racial/ethnic disparities in mental health care in the U.S
by Cook, Benjamin Lê & Doksum, Teresa & Chen, Chih-nan & Carle, Adam & Alegría, Margarita
- 110-118 How much should be paid for specialised treatment?
by Daidone, Silvio & Street, Andrew
- 119-128 Paying more for faster care? Individuals' attitude toward price-based priority access in health care
by Benning, Tim M. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C.
- 129-137 Educational inequalities in smoking: The role of initiation versus quitting
by Maralani, Vida
2013, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-9 Pandemic H1N1 in Canada and the use of evidence in developing public health policies – A policy analysis
by Rosella, Laura C. & Wilson, Kumanan & Crowcroft, Natasha S. & Chu, Anna & Upshur, Ross & Willison, Donald & Deeks, Shelley L. & Schwartz, Brian & Tustin, Jordan & Sider, Doug & Goel, Vivek
- 10-18 A difference-in-differences analysis of the effect of free dental check-ups in Scotland
by Ikenwilo, Divine
- 19-26 Taming systems to create enabling environments for HCV treatment: Negotiating trust in the drug and alcohol setting
by Harris, Magdalena & Rhodes, Tim & Martin, Anthea
- 27-33 Visual representation of statistical information improves diagnostic inferences in doctors and their patients
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Hoffrage, Ulrich
- 34-41 An impact evaluation of the Safe Motherhood Promotion Project in Bangladesh: Evidence from Japanese aid-funded technical cooperation
by Kamiya, Yusuke & Yoshimura, Yukie & Islam, Mohammad Tajul
- 42-49 Social deprivation and adverse perinatal outcomes among Western and non-Western pregnant women in a Dutch urban population
by Poeran, Jashvant & Maas, Arno F.G. & Birnie, Erwin & Denktas, Semiha & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 50-60 Social capital and disaster preparedness among low income Mexican Americans in a disaster prone area
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Rahbar, Mohammad H. & Lee, MinJae & Chen, Zhongxue & Alam, Sartaj R. & Pope, Jennifer & Adams, Barbara
- 61-69 Suicide in rural Haiti: Clinical and community perceptions of prevalence, etiology, and prevention
by Hagaman, Ashley K. & Wagenaar, Bradley H. & McLean, Kristen E. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Winskell, Kate & Kohrt, Brandon A.
- 70-80 The effect of adverse information and positive promotion on women's preferences for prescribed contraceptive products
by Knox, Stephanie A. & Viney, Rosalie C. & Gu, Yuanyuan & Hole, Arne R. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Street, Deborah J. & Haas, Marion R. & Weisberg, Edith & Bateson, Deborah
- 81-89 Social disorganization/social fragmentation and risk of depression among older people in Japan: Multilevel investigation of indices of social distance
by Takagi, Daisuke & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Cable, Noriko & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 90-98 ‘Emotional rights’, moral reasoning, and Jewish–Arab alliances in the regulation of in-vitro-fertilization in Israel: Theorizing the unexpected consequences of assisted reproductive technologies
by Gooldin, Sigal
- 99-109 ‘Creating the right therapy vibe’: Relational performances in holistic medicine
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Evans, Joshua & McAlister, Seraphina
- 110-118 Exploration of health risks related to air pollution and temperature in three Latin American cities
by Romero-Lankao, Patricia & Qin, Hua & Borbor-Cordova, Mercy
- 119-124 A large-scale longitudinal study indicating the importance of perceived effectiveness, organizational and management support for innovative culture
by Cramm, Jane M. & Strating, Mathilde M.H. & Bal, Roland & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 125-132 The discovery of deliberation. From ambiguity to appreciation through the learning process of doing Moral Case Deliberation in Dutch elderly care
by van der Dam, Sandra & Schols, Jos M.G.A. & Kardol, Tinie J.M. & Molewijk, Bert C. & Widdershoven, Guy A.M. & Abma, Tineke A.
- 133-141 A health equity critique of social marketing: Where interventions have impact but insufficient reach
by Langford, Rebecca & Panter-Brick, Catherine
2013, Volume 82, Issue C
- 1-9 Revisiting the Hispanic mortality advantage in the United States: The role of smoking
by Fenelon, Andrew
- 10-20 GPs and hospital expenditures. Should we keep expenditure containment programs alive?
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Ugolini, Cristina
- 21-29 Metaphors and myths in pharmaceutical advertising
by Delbaere, Marjorie
- 30-34 Addressing the unequal geographic distribution of specialist doctors in Indonesia: The role of the private sector and effectiveness of current regulations
by Meliala, Andreasta & Hort, Krishna & Trisnantoro, Laksono
- 35-42 Provider and patient influences on the formation of socioeconomic health behavior disparities among pregnant women
by Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 43-50 Bedouin in Lebanon: Social discrimination, political exclusion, and compromised health care
by Chatty, Dawn & Mansour, Nisrine & Yassin, Nasser
- 51-57 Prevalence and severity of intimate partner violence in women living in eight indigenous regions of Mexico
by Valdez-Santiago, Rosario & Híjar, Martha & Rojas Martínez, Rosalba & Ávila Burgos, Leticia & Arenas Monreal, María de la Luz
- 58-66 Subjective socioeconomic status and health: Relationships reconsidered
by Nobles, Jenna & Weintraub, Miranda Ritterman & Adler, Nancy E.
- 67-78 The impact of state-level nutrition-education program funding on BMI: Evidence from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system
by McGeary, Kerry Anne
- 79-86 A mental model of factors associated with subjective life expectancy
by Griffin, Barbara & Loh, Vanessa & Hesketh, Beryl
- 87-99 Geospatial analysis of naturally occurring boundaries in road-transport emissions and children's respiratory health across a demographically diverse cityscape
by Jephcote, Calvin & Chen, Haibo
- 100-107 Bringing politics and evidence together: Policy entrepreneurship and the conception of the At Home/Chez Soi Housing First Initiative for addressing homelessness and mental illness in Canada
by Macnaughton, Eric & Nelson, Geoffrey & Goering, Paula
- 108-114 Determinants of breast cancer screening uptake in women, evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Carney, Patricia & O'Neill, Stephen & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 115-125 Social inequalities in adolescent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Polonijo, Andrea N. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 126-133 Natural disasters and suicide: Evidence from Japan
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueda, Michiko
- 134-146 Political conditions and life expectancy in Europe, 1900–2008
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 147-155 McDonaldization or Commercial Re-stratification: Corporatization and the multimodal organisation of English doctors
by Waring, Justin & Bishop, Simon
- 156-163 Hendra in the news: Public policy meets public morality in times of zoonotic uncertainty
by Degeling, Chris & Kerridge, Ian
2013, Volume 79, Issue C
- 7-15 Sociodemographic and cultural determinants of sleep deficiency: Implications for cardiometabolic disease risk
by Knutson, Kristen L.
- 16-22 Perceived neighborhood quality, sleep quality, and health status: Evidence from the Survey of the Health of Wisconsin
by Hale, Lauren & Hill, Terrence D. & Friedman, Elliot & Javier Nieto, F. & Galvao, Loren W. & Engelman, Corinne D. & Malecki, Kristen M.C. & Peppard, Paul E.
- 23-30 Sleeping, dreaming, and health in rural Indonesia and the urban U.S.: A cultural and experiential approach
by Hollan, Douglas
- 31-39 Sleep budgets in a globalizing world: Biocultural interactions influence sleep sufficiency among Egyptian families
by Worthman, Carol M. & Brown, Ryan A.
- 40-47 Medicalisation or customisation? Sleep, enterprise and enhancement in the 24/7 society
by Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 48-56 “Listening for his breath:” The significance of gender and partner reporting on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
by Henry, Doug & Rosenthal, Leon
- 57-65 Unique sleep disorders profile of a population-based sample of 747 Hmong immigrants in Wisconsin
by Young, Eric & Xiong, Se & Finn, Laurel & Young, Terry
- 66-75 Work–family conflicts and subsequent sleep medication among women and men: A longitudinal registry linkage study
by Lallukka, T. & Arber, S. & Laaksonen, M. & Lahelma, E. & Partonen, T. & Rahkonen, O.
- 76-83 “They silently live in terror…” why sleep problems and night-time related quality-of-life are missed in children with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
by Ipsiroglu, Osman S. & McKellin, William H. & Carey, Norma & Loock, Christine
- 92-100 Nighttime parenting strategies and sleep-related risks to infants
by Volpe, Lane E. & Ball, Helen L. & McKenna, James J.
- 101-108 Eye of the beholder? Maternal mental health and the quality of infant sleep
by Goldberg, Wendy A. & Lucas-Thompson, Rachel G. & Germo, Gary R. & Keller, Meret A. & Davis, Elysia Poggi & Sandman, Curt A.
- 109-116 A qualitative exploration of adolescent perceptions of healthy sleep in Tucson, Arizona, USA
by Orzech, Kathryn M.
- 117-123 Gender differences in approaches to self-management of poor sleep in later life
by Venn, Susan & Meadows, Robert & Arber, Sara
2013, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 The shape of things to come? Obesity prevalence among foreign-born vs. US-born Mexican youth in California
by Buttenheim, Alison M. & Pebley, Anne R. & Hsih, Katie & Chung, Chang Y. & Goldman, Noreen
- 9-16 The art of letting go: Referral to palliative care and its discontents
by Broom, Alex & Kirby, Emma & Good, Phillip & Wootton, Julia & Adams, Jon
- 17-25 Measuring the catastrophic and impoverishing effect of household health care spending in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 26-33 Agency and implementation: Understanding the embedding of healthcare innovations in practice
by May, Carl
- 34-41 Education and obesity at age 40 among American adults
by Cohen, Alison K. & Rehkopf, David H. & Deardorff, Julianna & Abrams, Barbara
- 42-49 Implementing a Basic Package of Health Services in post-conflict Liberia: Perceptions of key stakeholders
by Petit, Dörte & Sondorp, Egbert & Mayhew, Susannah & Roura, Maria & Roberts, Bayard
- 50-60 Understanding maternal smoking during pregnancy: Does residential context matter?
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 61-69 Structural and environmental factors are associated with internalised homonegativity in men who have sex with men: Findings from the European MSM Internet Survey (EMIS) in 38 countries
by Berg, Rigmor C. & Ross, Michael W. & Weatherburn, Peter & Schmidt, Axel J.
- 70-77 Addiction in the family is a major but neglected contributor to the global burden of adult ill-health
by Orford, Jim & Velleman, Richard & Natera, Guillermina & Templeton, Lorna & Copello, Alex
- 78-85 Conferences, tablecloths and cupboards: How to understand the situatedness of quality improvements in long-term care
by Stoopendaal, Annemiek & Bal, Roland
- 86-95 Economic gradients in early child neurodevelopment: A multi-country study
by Wehby, George L. & McCarthy, Ann Marie
- 96-112 How robust is the evidence of an emerging or increasing female excess in physical morbidity between childhood and adolescence? Results of a systematic literature review and meta-analyses
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Egan, Matt & Der, Geoff & Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate
- 113-124 “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 125-129 The ongoing westernization of East Asian biomedical ethics in Taiwan
by Chen, Yen-Yuan & Tsai, Shih-Li & Yang, Chih-Wei & Ni, Yen-Hsuan & Chang, Shan-Chwen
2013, Volume 77, Issue C
- 13-19 Breast cancer anxiety's associations with responses to a chemoprevention decision aid
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Scherer, Laura & Ubel, Peter A. & Smith, Dylan M. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & McClure, Jennifer B. & Greene, Sarah & Stark, Azadeh & Fagerlin, Angela
- 20-30 The influence of urban design on neighbourhood walking following residential relocation: Longitudinal results from the RESIDE study
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Knuiman, Matthew & McCormack, Gavin & Van Niel, Kimberly & Timperio, Anna & Christian, Hayley & Foster, Sarah & Divitini, Mark & Middleton, Nick & Boruff, Bryan
- 31-40 HIV issues and people with disabilities: A review and agenda for research
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Rohleder, Poul & Eide, Arne Henning & MacLachlan, Malcolm & Mall, Sumaya & Swartz, Leslie
- 41-49 Association of exposure to intimate-partner physical violence and potentially traumatic war-related events with mental health in Liberia
by Vinck, Patrick & Pham, Phuong N.
- 50-59 The impact of therapeutic procedure innovation on hospital patient longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000–2007
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 60-69 Does community capacity influence self-rated health? Multilevel contextual effects in Seoul, Korea
by Jung, Minsoo & Viswanath, K.
- 70-74 Gender disparities in AMI management and outcomes among health professionals, their relatives, and non-health professionals in Taiwan from 1997 to 2007
by Huang, Nicole & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Hu, Hsiao-Yun & Lee, Cheng-Hua
- 75-83 How does race get “under the skin”?: Inflammation, weathering, and metabolic problems in late life
by Das, Aniruddha
- 84-89 Public preferences over efficiency, equity and autonomy in vaccination policy: An empirical study
by Luyten, Jeroen & Dorgali, Veronica & Hens, Niel & Beutels, Philippe
- 90-96 The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008
by de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene
- 97-105 Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data
by Mukuria, Clara & Brazier, John
- 106-117 Socioeconomic inequalities in drug utilization for Sweden: Evidence from linked survey and register data
by Nordin, Martin & Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 118-125 The social dynamics of consent and refusal in HIV surveillance in rural South Africa
by Reynolds, Lindsey & Cousins, Thomas & Newell, Marie-Louise & Imrie, John
- 126-136 The business cycle and health behaviors
by Xu, Xin
- 137-146 Does living in slums or non-slums influence women's nutritional status? Evidence from Indian mega-cities
by Gaur, Kirti & Keshri, Kunal & Joe, William
- 147-155 Clinicians on the board: What difference does it make?
by Veronesi, Gianluca & Kirkpatrick, Ian & Vallascas, Francesco
- 156-163 Theory-informed design of values clarification methods: A cognitive psychological perspective on patient health-related decision making
by Pieterse, Arwen H. & de Vries, Marieke & Kunneman, Marleen & Stiggelbout, Anne M. & Feldman-Stewart, Deb
- 164-172 To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine
2013, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-7 Socioeconomic inequality in birth weight and gestational age in Denmark 1996–2007: Using a family-based approach to explore alternative explanations
by Mortensen, Laust H.
- 28-38 Maternal familism predicts birthweight and asthma symptoms three years later
by Abdou, Cleopatra M. & Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Myers, Hector F.
- 39-46 Revisiting causal neighborhood effects on individual ischemic heart disease risk: A quasi-experimental multilevel analysis among Swedish siblings
by Merlo, Juan & Ohlsson, Henrik & Chaix, Basile & Lichtenstein, Paul & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 47-56 Patterns of family doctor decision making in practice context. What are the implications for medical practice variation and social disparities?
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Scott, Alastair & Davis, Peter
- 57-66 Effects of child and adolescent health on educational progress
by Lê, Félice & Diez Roux, Ana & Morgenstern, Hal
- 67-73 Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law
by Binnendijk, Erika & Dror, David M. & Gerelle, Eric & Koren, Ruth
- 74-82 Best worst discrete choice experiments in health: Methods and an application
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Donaldson, Cam & Currie, Gillian & Burgess, Leonie
- 83-91 The impact of natural disasters on child health and investments in rural India
by Datar, Ashlesha & Liu, Jenny & Linnemayr, Sebastian & Stecher, Chad
- 92-100 Thai and American doctors on medical ethics: Religion, regulation, and moral reasoning across borders
by Grol-Prokopczyk, Hanna
- 101-106 Do socio-economic gradients in smoking emerge differently across time by gender? Implications for the tobacco epidemic from a pregnancy cohort in California, USA
by Keyes, Katherine M. & March, Dana & Link, Bruce G. & Chilcoat, Howard D. & Susser, Ezra
- 107-114 Intrauterine stress and male cohort quality: The case of September 11, 2001
by Bruckner, Tim A. & Nobles, Jenna
- 115-125 The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals
by Jacobs, Rowena & Mannion, Russell & Davies, Huw T.O. & Harrison, Stephen & Konteh, Fred & Walshe, Kieran
- 126-133 The impact of social, structural and physical environmental factors on transitions into employment among people who inject drugs
by Richardson, Lindsey & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 134-142 Dynamic profile of health investment and the evolution of elderly health
by Lo, Te-Fen & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 143-149 Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 150-158 A new prevention paradox: The trade-off between reducing incentives for risk selection and increasing the incentives for prevention for health insurers
by Kanters, Tim A. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Vliet, René C.J.A. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Polder, Johan J.
- 159-168 Including quality attributes in efficiency measures consistent with net benefit: Creating incentives for evidence based medicine in practice
by Eckermann, Simon & Coelli, Tim
- 169-178 Health and well-being of movers in rural and urban areas – A grid-based analysis of northern Finland birth cohort 1966
by Lankila, Tiina & Näyhä, Simo & Rautio, Arja & Koiranen, Markku & Rusanen, Jarmo & Taanila, Anja
- 179-187 Disparities in work, risk and health between immigrants and native-born Spaniards
by Solé, Meritxell & Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Rodríguez, Marisol
- 188-196 The re-construction of women's sexual lives after pelvic radiotherapy: A critique of social constructionist and biomedical perspectives on the study of female sexuality after cancer treatment
by White, I.D. & Faithfull, S. & Allan, H.
- 197-207 International migration to Canada: The post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration class
by Gagnon, Anita J. & Dougherty, Geoffrey & Wahoush, Olive & Saucier, Jean-François & Dennis, Cindy-Lee & Stanger, Elizabeth & Palmer, Becky & Merry, Lisa & Stewart, Donna E.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2060-2068 Integrating social epidemiology into immigrant health research: A cross-national framework
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Almeida, Joanna
- 2069-2075 Substance use, generation and time in the United States: The modifying role of gender for immigrant urban adolescents
by Almeida, Joanna & Johnson, Renee M. & Matsumoto, Atsushi & Godette, Dionne C.
- 2076-2084 Immigrant status and cognitive functioning in late-life: An examination of gender variations in the healthy immigrant effect
by Hill, Terrence D. & Angel, Jacqueline L. & Balistreri, Kelly S. & Herrera, Angelica P.
- 2085-2098 Does an immigrant health paradox exist among Asian Americans? Associations of nativity and occupational class with self-rated health and mental disorders
by John, Dolly A. & de Castro, A.B. & Martin, Diane P. & Duran, Bonnie & Takeuchi, David T.
- 2099-2106 More than culture: Structural racism, intersectionality theory, and immigrant health
by Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Miranda, Patricia Y. & Abdulrahim, Sawsan
- 2107-2115 Ethnic density effects on health and experienced racism among Caribbean people in the US and England: A cross-national comparison
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Jackson, James & Heuvelman, Hein
- 2116-2123 Discrimination and psychological distress: Does Whiteness matter for Arab Americans?
by Abdulrahim, Sawsan & James, Sherman A. & Yamout, Rouham & Baker, Wayne
- 2134-2142 Sociocultural influences on mental health service use by Latino older adults for emotional distress: Exploring the mediating and moderating role of informal social support
by Hansen, Marissa C. & Aranda, María P.
- 2143-2150 Vaccine innovation, translational research and the management of knowledge accumulation
by Yaqub, Ohid & Nightingale, Paul
- 2151-2159 Experience of place for young adults under 65 years with complex disabilities moving into purpose-built residential care
by Muenchberger, Heidi & Ehrlich, Carolyn & Kendall, Elizabeth & Vit, Marina
- 2160-2169 Understanding wealth-based inequalities in child health in India: A decomposition approach
by Chalasani, Satvika
- 2170-2182 Rising U.S. income inequality and the changing gradient of socioeconomic status on physical functioning and activity limitations, 1984–2007
by Zheng, Hui & George, Linda K.
- 2183-2190 Mobility for care workers: Job changes and wages for nurse aides
by Ribas, Vanesa & Dill, Janette S. & Cohen, Philip N.
- 2191-2199 What counts and how to count it: Physicians’ constructions of evidence in a disinvestment context
by Hodgetts, Katherine & Elshaug, Adam G. & Hiller, Janet E.
- 2200-2206 Putting your money where your mouth is: Parents' valuation of good oral health of their children
by Vermaire, J.H. & van Exel, N.J.A. & van Loveren, C. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 2207-2214 Inter-professional electronic documents and child health: A study of persisting non-electronic communication in the use of electronic documents
by Saario, Sirpa & Hall, Christopher & Peckover, Sue
- 2215-2224 Housing instability and health: Findings from the Michigan recession and recovery study
by Burgard, Sarah A. & Seefeldt, Kristin S. & Zelner, Sarah
- 2225-2232 Embedded gender and social changes underpinning inequalities in health: An ethnographic insight into a local Spanish context
by García-Calvente, Mar & Marcos-Marcos, Jorge & del Río-Lozano, María & Hidalgo-Ruzzante, Natalia & Maroto-Navarro, Gracia
- 2233-2241 Social networks – The future for health care delivery
by Griffiths, Frances & Cave, Jonathan & Boardman, Felicity & Ren, Justin & Pawlikowska, Teresa & Ball, Robin & Clarke, Aileen & Cohen, Alan
- 2242-2249 Associations between friends' disordered eating and muscle-enhancing behaviors
by Eisenberg, Marla E. & Wall, Melanie & Shim, Jin Joo & Bruening, Meg & Loth, Katie & Neumark-Sztainer, Dianne
- 2250-2257 The impact of migratory separation from parents on the health of adolescents in the Philippines
by Smeekens, Chantal & Stroebe, Margaret S. & Abakoumkin, Georgios
- 2258-2266 Aggravating conditions: Cynical hostility and neighborhood ambient stressors
by King, Katherine
- 2267-2274 The relationship between mortality and time since divorce, widowhood or remarriage in Norway
by Berntsen, Kjersti Norgård & Kravdal, Øystein
- 2275-2282 Bodies of risk: Constructing motherhood in a Mexican public hospital
by Smith-Oka, Vania
- 2283-2290 Indifferent to disease: A qualitative investigation of the reasons why some Papua New Guineans who own mosquito nets choose not to use them
by Pulford, Justin & Oakiva, Tania & Angwin, Angeline & Bryant, Miranda & Mueller, Ivo & Hetzel, Manuel W.
- 2291-2298 Leveraging health capital at the workplace: An examination of health reporting behavior among Latino immigrant restaurant workers in the United States
by Gleeson, Shannon
- 2299-2306 Realist randomised controlled trials: A new approach to evaluating complex public health interventions
by Bonell, Chris & Fletcher, Adam & Morton, Matthew & Lorenc, Theo & Moore, Laurence
- 2307-2316 Neighborhood characteristics and depressive symptoms of older people: Local spatial analyses
by Cromley, Ellen K. & Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel A.
- 2317-2325 Neighborhood poverty, park use, and park-based physical activity in a Southern California city
by Cohen, Deborah A. & Han, Bing & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin & Williamson, Stephanie & Marsh, Terry & Rudick, Jodi & McKenzie, Thomas L.
- 2326-2336 Intragenerational mobility and mortality in Russia: Short and longer-term effects
by Billingsley, Sunnee
- 2337-2344 A network approach for researching political feasibility of healthcare reform: The case of universal healthcare system in Taiwan
by Wang, Guang-Xu
- 2345-2352 Altruism and participation in longitudinal health research? Insights from the Whitehall II Study
by Mein, Gill & Seale, Clive & Rice, Helen & Johal, Suneeta & Ashcroft, Richard E. & Ellison, George & Tinker, Anthea
- 2353-2361 The debate about the funding of Herceptin: A case study of ‘countervailing powers’
by Gabe, Jonathan & Chamberlain, Kerry & Norris, Pauline & Dew, Kevin & Madden, Helen & Hodgetts, Darrin
- 2362-2369 The classification and nomenclature of ‘medically unexplained symptoms’: Conflict, performativity and critique
by Greco, Monica
- 2370-2377 Health financing in fragile and post-conflict states: What do we know and what are the gaps?
by Witter, Sophie
- 2378-2385 Benefit or burden? A sociotechnical analysis of diagnostic computer kiosks in four California hospital emergency departments
by Ackerman, Sara L. & Tebb, Kathleen & Stein, John C. & Frazee, Bradley W. & Hendey, Gregory W. & Schmidt, Laura A. & Gonzales, Ralph
- 2386-2393 Priority-setting and rationing in healthcare: Evidence from the English experience
by Robinson, Suzanne & Williams, Iestyn & Dickinson, Helen & Freeman, Tim & Rumbold, Benedict
- 2394-2402 Inpatient care of the elderly in Brazil and India: Assessing social inequalities
by Channon, Andrew Amos & Andrade, Monica Viegas & Noronha, Kenya & Leone, Tiziana & Dilip, T.R.
- 2403-2411 Couples’ reports of household decision-making and the utilization of maternal health services in Bangladesh
by Story, William T. & Burgard, Sarah A.
- 2412-2419 Rapidly rising food prices and the experience of food insecurity in urban Ethiopia: Impacts on health and well-being
by Hadley, Craig & Stevenson, Edward Geoffrey Jedediah & Tadesse, Yemesrach & Belachew, Tefera
- 2420-2424 Urban Aboriginal mobility in Canada: Examining the association with health care utilization
by Snyder, Marcie & Wilson, Kathi
- 2425-2430 The duty to care in an influenza pandemic: A qualitative study of Canadian public perspectives
by Bensimon, Cécile M. & Smith, Maxwell J. & Pisartchik, Dmitri & Sahni, Sachin & Upshur, Ross E.G.
- 2431-2436 Delayed and differential effects of the economic crisis in Sweden in the 1990s on health-related exclusion from the labour market: A health equity assessment
by Burström, B. & Nylén, L. & Barr, B. & Clayton, S. & Holland, P. & Whitehead, M.
- 2437-2445 Marginalized identities, discrimination burden, and mental health: Empirical exploration of an interpersonal-level approach to modeling intersectionality
by Seng, Julia S. & Lopez, William D. & Sperlich, Mickey & Hamama, Lydia & Reed Meldrum, Caroline D.
- 2446-2454 Birth weight, infant mortality, and race: Twin comparisons and genetic/environmental inputs
by Conley, Dalton & Strully, Kate W.
- 2455-2462 Capitals diminished, denied, mustered and deployed. A qualitative longitudinal study of women's four year trajectories after acute health crisis, Burkina Faso
by Murray, Susan F. & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Storeng, Katerini T.
- 2463-2471 Affordability as a discursive accomplishment in a changing National Health Service
by Russell, Jill & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 2472-2480 Contextual effect of different components of social capital on health in a suburban city of the greater Tokyo area: A multilevel analysis
by Murayama, Hiroshi & Wakui, Tomoko & Arami, Reiko & Sugawara, Ikuko & Yoshie, Satoru
- 2481-2492 An exploratory multilevel analysis of income, income inequality and self-rated health of the elderly in China
by Feng, Zhixin & Wang, Wenfei Winnie & Jones, Kelvyn & Li, Yaqing
- 2493-2502 Infant and fetal mortality among a high fertility and mortality population in the Bolivian Amazon
by Gurven, Michael
- 2503-2508 Household-based cash transfer targeting strategies in Zimbabwe: Are we reaching the most vulnerable children?
by Robertson, Laura & Mushati, Phyllis & Eaton, Jeffrey W. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makoni, Jeremiah C. & Skovdal, Morten & Crea, Tom & Mavise, Gideon & Dumba, Lovemore & Schumacher, Christina & Munyati, Shungu & Nyamukapa, Constance & Gregson, Simon
- 2509-2514 “Pay them if it works”: Discrete choice experiments on the acceptability of financial incentives to change health related behaviour
by Promberger, Marianne & Dolan, Paul & Marteau, Theresa M.
- 2515-2521 Provider incentives and access to dental care: Evaluating NHS reforms in England
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen
- 2522-2529 Stress and diabetes in socioeconomic context: A qualitative study of urban Indians
by Mendenhall, Emily & Shivashankar, Roopa & Tandon, Nikhil & Ali, Mohammed K. & Venkat Narayan, K.M. & Prabhakaran, Dorairaj
- 2530-2538 Labor migration and child mortality in Mozambique
by Yabiku, Scott T. & Agadjanian, Victor & Cau, Boaventura
2012, Volume 75, Issue 10
- 1721-1728 Personalizing medicine: Futures present and past
by Tutton, Richard
- 1729-1736 From bodies to lives, complainers to consumers: Measuring menstrual excess
by Hasson, Katie Ann
- 1737-1745 Liquid gold from the milk bar: Constructions of breastmilk and breastfeeding women in the language and practices of midwives
by Burns, E. & Schmied, V. & Fenwick, J. & Sheehan, A.
- 1746-1752 Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer
by Solbjør, Marit & Skolbekken, John-Arne & Sætnan, Ann Rudinow & Hagen, Anne Irene & Forsmo, Siri
- 1753-1761 Resistance, agency, and liminality in women's accounts of symptom appraisal and help-seeking upon discovery of a breast irregularity
by Granek, Leeat & Fergus, Karen
- 1762-1768 Repressive authenticity in the quest for legitimacy: Surveillance and the contested illness lawsuit
by Phillips, Tarryn
- 1769-1777 “Community ambassadors” for South Asian elder immigrants: Late-life acculturation and the roles of community health workers
by Blair, Thomas R.W.
- 1778-1785 Paying for performance and the social relations of health care provision: An anthropological perspective
by Magrath, Priscilla & Nichter, Mark
- 1786-1792 Hidden costs: The direct and indirect impact of user fees on access to malaria treatment and primary care in Mali
by Johnson, Ari & Goss, Adeline & Beckerman, Jessica & Castro, Arachu
- 1793-1799 The social dimensions of safety incident reporting in maternity care: The influence of working relationships and group processes
by Lindsay, Patricia & Sandall, Jane & Humphrey, Charlotte
- 1800-1810 Revenue, relationships and routines: The social organization of acute myocardial infarction patient transfers in the United States
by Veinot, Tiffany C. & Bosk, Emily A. & Unnikrishnan, K.P. & Iwashyna, Theodore J.
- 1811-1819 Canadian family physicians’ decision to collaborate: Age, period and cohort effects
by Sarma, Sisira & Devlin, Rose Anne & Thind, Amardeep & Chu, Man-Kee
- 1820-1827 Financial protection mechanisms for inpatients at selected Philippine hospitals
by Caballes, Alvin B. & Söllner, Walter & Nañagas, Juan
- 1828-1835 How does searching for health information on the Internet affect individuals' demand for health care services?
by Suziedelyte, Agne
- 1836-1843 A universal preference for equality in health? Reasons to reconsider properties of applied social welfare functions
by Mæstad, Ottar & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 1844-1854 The impact of drinking on psychological well-being: Evidence from minimum drinking age laws in the United States
by Ertan Yörük, Ceren & Yörük, Barış K.
- 1855-1863 Motorcycle fatalities among out-of-state riders and the role of universal helmet laws
by French, Michael T. & Gumus, Gulcin & Homer, Jenny F.
- 1864-1873 The impact of pensions on health and wellbeing in rural South Africa: Does gender matter?
by Schatz, Enid & Gómez-Olivé, Xavier & Ralston, Margaret & Menken, Jane & Tollman, Stephen
- 1874-1882 Psychological well-being of the institutionalized and community-residing oldest old in China: The role of children
by Liu, Guangya & Dupre, Matthew E. & Gu, Danan & Mair, Christine A. & Chen, Feinian
- 1883-1890 Familial risk of premature cardiovascular mortality and the impact of intergenerational occupational class mobility
by Tiikkaja, Sanna & Olsson, Marita & Malki, Ninoa & Modin, Bitte & Sparén, Pär
- 1891-1894 Inequality and the association between involuntary job loss and depressive symptoms
by Berchick, Edward R. & Gallo, William T. & Maralani, Vida & Kasl, Stanislav V.
- 1895-1902 Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis
by Takagi, Daisuke & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1903-1911 A theory of how rural health services contribute to community sustainability
by Farmer, Jane & Prior, Maria & Taylor, Judy
- 1912-1920 How families of children with complex care needs participate in everyday life
by Woodgate, Roberta Lynn & Edwards, Marie & Ripat, Jacquie
2012, Volume 75, Issue 9
- 1555-1561 HIV and chemoprophylaxis, the importance of considering social structures alongside biomedical and behavioral intervention
by Roberts, Eric T. & Matthews, Derrick D.
- 1572-1580 The logical underpinnings and benefits of pooled pharmaceutical procurement: A pragmatic role for our public institutions?
by Huff-Rousselle, Maggie
- 1581-1588 The migration decisions of physicians in Canada: The roles of immigrant status and spousal characteristics
by McDonald, James Ted & Worswick, Christopher
- 1589-1594 Do workers underreport morbidity? The accuracy of self-reports of chronic conditions
by Datta Gupta, Nabanita & Jürges, Hendrik
- 1595-1603 Allocation of authority in European health policy
by Adolph, Christopher & Greer, Scott L. & Massard da Fonseca, Elize
- 1604-1611 Involving citizens in the ethics of biobank research: Informing institutional policy through structured public deliberation
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Burgess, Michael M.
- 1612-1616 Impact of gender-based career obstacles on the working status of women physicians in Japan
by Nomura, Kyoko & Gohchi, Kengo
- 1617-1624 A social learning perspective on the development of doctors in the UK National Health Service
by Spilg, Edward & Siebert, Sabina & Martin, Graeme