Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58| 59| 60
2013, Volume 88, Issue C
- 83-89 The contribution of attenuated selection in utero to small-for-gestational-age (SGA) among term African American male infants
by Goodman, Julia M. & Karasek, Deborah & Anderson, Elizabeth & Catalano, Ralph A.
- 90-97 Health impacts of pedestrian head-loading: A review of the evidence with particular reference to women and children in sub-Saharan Africa
by Porter, Gina & Hampshire, Kate & Dunn, Christine & Hall, Richard & Levesley, Martin & Burton, Kim & Robson, Steve & Abane, Albert & Blell, Mwenza & Panther, Julia
- 98-107 Is wealthier always healthier in poor countries? The health implications of income, inequality, poverty, and literacy in India
by Rajan, Keertichandra & Kennedy, Jonathan & King, Lawrence
- 108-115 Obesity, school obesity prevalence, and adolescent childbearing among U.S. young women
by Kane, Jennifer B. & Frisco, Michelle L.
2013, Volume 87, Issue C
- 1-8 “Eyes that don't see, heart that doesn't feel”: Coping with sex work in intimate relationships and its implications for HIV/STI prevention
by Syvertsen, Jennifer L. & Robertson, Angela M. & Rolón, María Luisa & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Martinez, Gustavo & Rangel, M. Gudelia & Strathdee, Steffanie A.
- 9-15 Standards and classification: A perspective on the ‘obesity epidemic’
by Nicholls, Stuart G.
- 16-22 How institutional change and individual researchers helped advance clinical guidelines in American health care
by Nigam, Amit
- 23-30 Interactive effects of social support and social conflict on medication adherence in multimorbid older adults
by Warner, Lisa M. & Schüz, Benjamin & Aiken, Leona & Ziegelmann, Jochen P. & Wurm, Susanne & Tesch-Römer, Clemens & Schwarzer, Ralf
- 31-38 The world as the new local clinic: A critical analysis of three discourses of global medical competency
by Martimianakis, Maria Athina (Tina) & Hafferty, Frederic W.
- 39-51 Family structure, victimization, and child mental health in a nationally representative sample
by Turner, Heather A. & Finkelhor, David & Hamby, Sherry L. & Shattuck, Anne
- 52-59 Becoming and remaining community health workers: Perspectives from Ethiopia and Mozambique
by Maes, Kenneth & Kalofonos, Ippolytos
- 60-67 Motivational interviewing within the different stages of change: An analysis of practice nurse-patient consultations aimed at promoting a healthier lifestyle
by Noordman, Janneke & de Vet, Emely & van der Weijden, Trudy & van Dulmen, Sandra
- 68-76 Resisting the colonization of the lifeworld? Immigrant patients' experiences with co-ethnic healthcare workers
by Lo, Ming-Cheng Miriam & Bahar, Roxana
- 77-83 Exploring tuberculosis by types of housing development
by Low, Chien-Tat & Lai, Poh-Chin & Tse, Wing-Sze Cindy & Tsui, Chung-Kan & Lee, Herman & Hui, Pak-Kwan
- 84-92 A new theory-based social classification in Japan and its validation using historically collected information
by Hiyoshi, Ayako & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Shipley, Martin J. & Bartley, Mel & Brunner, Eric J.
- 93-98 The equalisation hypothesis and changes in geographical inequalities of age based mortality in England, 2002–2004 to 2008–2010
by Green, Mark A.
- 99-107 Combining work and family: Rewards or risks for children's mental health?
by Strazdins, Lyndall & OBrien, Léan V. & Lucas, Nina & Rodgers, Bryan
- 108-115 Associations among environmental supports, physical activity, and blood pressure in African-American adults in the PATH trial
by Coulon, Sandra M. & Wilson, Dawn K. & Egan, Brent M.
- 116-122 Can capabilities be self-reported? A think aloud study
by Al-Janabi, Hareth & Keeley, Thomas & Mitchell, Paul & Coast, Joanna
- 123-131 Racial attitudes, physician–patient talk time ratio, and adherence in racially discordant medical interactions
by Hagiwara, Nao & Penner, Louis A. & Gonzalez, Richard & Eggly, Susan & Dovidio, John F. & Gaertner, Samuel L. & West, Tessa & Albrecht, Terrance L.
- 132-137 Smoking initiation, continuation and prevalence in deprived urban areas compared to non-deprived urban areas in The Netherlands
by Kuipers, Mirte A.G. & Wingen, Marleen & Stronks, Karien & Kunst, Anton E.
- 138-146 “Never mind the logic, give me the numbers”: Former Australian health ministers' perspectives on the social determinants of health
by Baum, Frances E. & Laris, Paul & Fisher, Matthew & Newman, Lareen & MacDougall, Colin
- 147-154 The impact of social context on self-management in women living with HIV
by Webel, Allison R. & Cuca, Yvette & Okonsky, Jennifer G. & Asher, Alice K. & Kaihura, Alphoncina & Salata, Robert A.
- 155-167 “I'm afraid I have bad news for you…” Estimating the impact of different health impairments on subjective well-being
by Binder, Martin & Coad, Alex
- 168-175 The uses of ultrasonography in relation to foetal malformations in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
by Mirlesse, Véronique & Ville, Isabelle
- 185-193 Pathways from parental AIDS to child psychological, educational and sexual risk: Developing an empirically-based interactive theoretical model
by Cluver, Lucie & Orkin, Mark & Boyes, Mark E. & Sherr, Lorraine & Makasi, Daphne & Nikelo, Joy
2013, Volume 86, Issue C
- 1-8 Health consumption as work: The home pregnancy test as a domesticated health tool
by Childerhose, Janet E. & MacDonald, Margaret E.
- 9-16 Strong effects of home-based voluntary HIV counselling and testing on acceptance and equity: A cluster randomised trial in Zambia
by Fylkesnes, Knut & Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard & Jürgensen, Marte & Chipimo, Peter J. & Mwangala, Sheila & Michelo, Charles
- 17-25 Prevalence and predictors of partner violence against women in the aftermath of war: A survey among couples in Northern Uganda
by Saile, Regina & Neuner, Frank & Ertl, Verena & Catani, Claudia
- 26-34 Does antenatal care matter in the use of skilled birth attendance in rural Africa: A multi-country analysis
by Adjiwanou, Vissého & LeGrand, Thomas
- 35-44 Peer effects in adolescent bodyweight: Evidence from rural China
by Loh, Chung-Ping A. & Li, Qiang
- 45-51 Juggling on a rollercoaster? Gains, loss and uncertainties in IVF patients' accounts of volunteering for a U.K. ‘egg sharing for research’ scheme
by Haimes, Erica
- 52-65 Donor conceived offspring conceive of the donor: The relevance of age, awareness, and family form
by Hertz, Rosanna & Nelson, Margaret K. & Kramer, Wendy
- 66-78 Understanding careseeking for child illness in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review and conceptual framework based on qualitative research of household recognition and response to child diarrhoea, pneumonia and malaria
by Colvin, Christopher J. & Smith, Helen J. & Swartz, Alison & Ahs, Jill W. & de Heer, Jodie & Opiyo, Newton & Kim, Julia C. & Marraccini, Toni & George, Asha
- 79-87 Consultation and illness behaviour in response to symptoms: A comparison of models from different disciplinary frameworks and suggestions for future research directions
by Wyke, Sally & Adamson, Joy & Dixon, Diane & Hunt, Kate
- 88-95 Social health insurance without corporate actors: Changes in self-regulation in Germany, Poland and Turkey
by Wendt, Claus & Agartan, Tuba I. & Kaminska, Monika Ewa
- 96-102 Social capital and depressive symptoms: The association of psychosocial and network dimensions of social capital with depressive symptoms in Montreal, Canada
by Bassett, Emma & Moore, Spencer
2013, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-8 Socioeconomic status, health behavior, and leukocyte telomere length in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 1999–2002
by Needham, Belinda L. & Adler, Nancy & Gregorich, Steven & Rehkopf, David & Lin, Jue & Blackburn, Elizabeth H. & Epel, Elissa S.
- 9-17 ‘Faking til you make it’: Social capital accumulation of individuals on low incomes living in contrasting socio-economic neighbourhoods and its implications for health and wellbeing
by Browne-Yung, Kathryn & Ziersch, Anna & Baum, Fran
- 18-26 The relationship between five different measures of structural social capital, medical examination outcomes, and mortality
by Muennig, Peter & Cohen, Alison K. & Palmer, Aileen & Zhu, Wenyi
- 27-31 Cross-sectional study of ethnic differences in the utility of area deprivation measures to target socioeconomically deprived individuals
by Baker, Jessica & Mitchell, Richard & Pell, Jill
- 32-37 Individual-level social capital and self-rated health in Japan: An application of the Resource Generator
by Kobayashi, Tomoko & Kawachi, Ichiro & Iwase, Toshihide & Suzuki, Etsuji & Takao, Soshi
- 38-42 How effective has the essential health package been in improving priority setting in low income countries?
by Kapiriri, Lydia
- 43-49 Effects of neighborhood violence and perceptions of neighborhood safety on depressive symptoms of older adults
by Wilson-Genderson, Maureen & Pruchno, Rachel
- 50-58 Neighborhood disorder and telomeres: Connecting children's exposure to community level stress and cellular response
by Theall, Katherine P. & Brett, Zoë H. & Shirtcliff, Elizabeth A. & Dunn, Erin C. & Drury, Stacy S.
- 59-65 The impacts of health insurance on health care utilization among the older people in China
by Li, Xin & Zhang, Wei
- 66-73 Changing expectations concerning life-extending treatment: The relevance of opportunity cost
by Gill, Betty & Griffin, Barbara & Hesketh, Beryl
- 74-78 How do national guidelines frame clinical ethics practice? A comparative analysis of guidelines from the US, the UK, Canada and France
by Gaucher, Nathalie & Lantos, John & Payot, Antoine
- 79-86 Scientific decision-making and stakeholder consultations: The case of salt recommendations
by Timotijevic, Lada & Barnett, Julie & Brown, Kerry & Raats, Monique M. & Shepherd, Richard
- 87-92 Utilizing community health worker data for program management and evaluation: Systems for data quality assessments and baseline results from Rwanda
by Mitsunaga, Tisha & Hedt-Gauthier, Bethany & Ngizwenayo, Elias & Farmer, Didi Bertrand & Karamaga, Adolphe & Drobac, Peter & Basinga, Paulin & Hirschhorn, Lisa & Ngabo, Fidele & Mugeni, Cathy
- 93-102 Do different types of financial support after illness or injury affect socio-economic outcomes? A natural experiment in New Zealand
by McAllister, Susan & Derrett, Sarah & Audas, Rick & Herbison, Peter & Paul, Charlotte
- 103-111 Misrecognition of need: Women's experiences of and explanations for undergoing cesarean delivery
by Tully, Kristin P. & Ball, Helen L.
2013, Volume 84, Issue C
- 1-12 Health services use and lifestyle choices of Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians
by Whelan, Stephen & Wright, Donald J.
- 13-21 Neighbourhood social capital and adolescent self-reported wellbeing in New Zealand: A multilevel analysis
by Aminzadeh, Kaveh & Denny, Simon & Utter, Jennifer & Milfont, Taciano L. & Ameratunga, Shanthi & Teevale, Tasileta & Clark, Terryann
- 22-29 Managing uncertainty: A grounded theory of stigma in transgender health care encounters
by Poteat, Tonia & German, Danielle & Kerrigan, Deanna
- 30-34 Which doctor for primary health care? Quality of care and non-physician clinicians in India
by Rao, Krishna D. & Sundararaman, T. & Bhatnagar, Aarushi & Gupta, Garima & Kokho, Puni & Jain, Kamlesh
- 35-43 After the death of a friend: Young Men's grief and masculine identities
by Creighton, Genevieve & Oliffe, John L. & Butterwick, Shauna & Saewyc, Elizabeth
- 44-52 Diffusion of community empowerment strategies for Aedes aegypti control in Cuba: A muddling through experience
by Pérez, Dennis & Lefèvre, Pierre & Castro, Marta & Toledo, María Eugenia & Zamora, Gilberto & Bonet, Mariano & Van der Stuyft, Patrick
- 53-60 Local availability of physicians' services as a tool for implicit risk selection
by Shmueli, Amir & Nissan-Engelcin, Esti
- 61-68 Exploring the relationship between macroeconomic conditions and problem drinking as captured by Google searches in the US
by Frijters, Paul & Johnston, David W. & Lordan, Grace & Shields, Michael A.
- 69-79 Team-level flexibility, work–home spillover, and health behavior
by Moen, Phyllis & Fan, Wen & Kelly, Erin L.
- 80-93 Time allocation of disabled individuals
by Pagán, Ricardo
- 94-101 Structural vulnerability and access to medical care among migrant street-based male sex workers in Germany
by Castañeda, Heide
- 102-109 The role of provider supply and organization in reducing racial/ethnic disparities in mental health care in the U.S
by Cook, Benjamin Lê & Doksum, Teresa & Chen, Chih-nan & Carle, Adam & Alegría, Margarita
- 110-118 How much should be paid for specialised treatment?
by Daidone, Silvio & Street, Andrew
- 119-128 Paying more for faster care? Individuals' attitude toward price-based priority access in health care
by Benning, Tim M. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C.
- 129-137 Educational inequalities in smoking: The role of initiation versus quitting
by Maralani, Vida
2013, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-9 Pandemic H1N1 in Canada and the use of evidence in developing public health policies – A policy analysis
by Rosella, Laura C. & Wilson, Kumanan & Crowcroft, Natasha S. & Chu, Anna & Upshur, Ross & Willison, Donald & Deeks, Shelley L. & Schwartz, Brian & Tustin, Jordan & Sider, Doug & Goel, Vivek
- 10-18 A difference-in-differences analysis of the effect of free dental check-ups in Scotland
by Ikenwilo, Divine
- 19-26 Taming systems to create enabling environments for HCV treatment: Negotiating trust in the drug and alcohol setting
by Harris, Magdalena & Rhodes, Tim & Martin, Anthea
- 27-33 Visual representation of statistical information improves diagnostic inferences in doctors and their patients
by Garcia-Retamero, Rocio & Hoffrage, Ulrich
- 34-41 An impact evaluation of the Safe Motherhood Promotion Project in Bangladesh: Evidence from Japanese aid-funded technical cooperation
by Kamiya, Yusuke & Yoshimura, Yukie & Islam, Mohammad Tajul
- 42-49 Social deprivation and adverse perinatal outcomes among Western and non-Western pregnant women in a Dutch urban population
by Poeran, Jashvant & Maas, Arno F.G. & Birnie, Erwin & Denktas, Semiha & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Bonsel, Gouke J.
- 50-60 Social capital and disaster preparedness among low income Mexican Americans in a disaster prone area
by Reininger, Belinda M. & Rahbar, Mohammad H. & Lee, MinJae & Chen, Zhongxue & Alam, Sartaj R. & Pope, Jennifer & Adams, Barbara
- 61-69 Suicide in rural Haiti: Clinical and community perceptions of prevalence, etiology, and prevention
by Hagaman, Ashley K. & Wagenaar, Bradley H. & McLean, Kristen E. & Kaiser, Bonnie N. & Winskell, Kate & Kohrt, Brandon A.
- 70-80 The effect of adverse information and positive promotion on women's preferences for prescribed contraceptive products
by Knox, Stephanie A. & Viney, Rosalie C. & Gu, Yuanyuan & Hole, Arne R. & Fiebig, Denzil G. & Street, Deborah J. & Haas, Marion R. & Weisberg, Edith & Bateson, Deborah
- 81-89 Social disorganization/social fragmentation and risk of depression among older people in Japan: Multilevel investigation of indices of social distance
by Takagi, Daisuke & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Cable, Noriko & Ikeda, Ken’ichi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 90-98 ‘Emotional rights’, moral reasoning, and Jewish–Arab alliances in the regulation of in-vitro-fertilization in Israel: Theorizing the unexpected consequences of assisted reproductive technologies
by Gooldin, Sigal
- 99-109 ‘Creating the right therapy vibe’: Relational performances in holistic medicine
by Andrews, Gavin J. & Evans, Joshua & McAlister, Seraphina
- 110-118 Exploration of health risks related to air pollution and temperature in three Latin American cities
by Romero-Lankao, Patricia & Qin, Hua & Borbor-Cordova, Mercy
- 119-124 A large-scale longitudinal study indicating the importance of perceived effectiveness, organizational and management support for innovative culture
by Cramm, Jane M. & Strating, Mathilde M.H. & Bal, Roland & Nieboer, Anna P.
- 125-132 The discovery of deliberation. From ambiguity to appreciation through the learning process of doing Moral Case Deliberation in Dutch elderly care
by van der Dam, Sandra & Schols, Jos M.G.A. & Kardol, Tinie J.M. & Molewijk, Bert C. & Widdershoven, Guy A.M. & Abma, Tineke A.
- 133-141 A health equity critique of social marketing: Where interventions have impact but insufficient reach
by Langford, Rebecca & Panter-Brick, Catherine
2013, Volume 82, Issue C
- 1-9 Revisiting the Hispanic mortality advantage in the United States: The role of smoking
by Fenelon, Andrew
- 10-20 GPs and hospital expenditures. Should we keep expenditure containment programs alive?
by Fiorentini, Gianluca & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Ugolini, Cristina
- 21-29 Metaphors and myths in pharmaceutical advertising
by Delbaere, Marjorie
- 30-34 Addressing the unequal geographic distribution of specialist doctors in Indonesia: The role of the private sector and effectiveness of current regulations
by Meliala, Andreasta & Hort, Krishna & Trisnantoro, Laksono
- 35-42 Provider and patient influences on the formation of socioeconomic health behavior disparities among pregnant women
by Hernandez, Elaine M.
- 43-50 Bedouin in Lebanon: Social discrimination, political exclusion, and compromised health care
by Chatty, Dawn & Mansour, Nisrine & Yassin, Nasser
- 51-57 Prevalence and severity of intimate partner violence in women living in eight indigenous regions of Mexico
by Valdez-Santiago, Rosario & Híjar, Martha & Rojas Martínez, Rosalba & Ávila Burgos, Leticia & Arenas Monreal, María de la Luz
- 58-66 Subjective socioeconomic status and health: Relationships reconsidered
by Nobles, Jenna & Weintraub, Miranda Ritterman & Adler, Nancy E.
- 67-78 The impact of state-level nutrition-education program funding on BMI: Evidence from the behavioral risk factor surveillance system
by McGeary, Kerry Anne
- 79-86 A mental model of factors associated with subjective life expectancy
by Griffin, Barbara & Loh, Vanessa & Hesketh, Beryl
- 87-99 Geospatial analysis of naturally occurring boundaries in road-transport emissions and children's respiratory health across a demographically diverse cityscape
by Jephcote, Calvin & Chen, Haibo
- 100-107 Bringing politics and evidence together: Policy entrepreneurship and the conception of the At Home/Chez Soi Housing First Initiative for addressing homelessness and mental illness in Canada
by Macnaughton, Eric & Nelson, Geoffrey & Goering, Paula
- 108-114 Determinants of breast cancer screening uptake in women, evidence from the British Household Panel Survey
by Carney, Patricia & O'Neill, Stephen & O'Neill, Ciaran
- 115-125 Social inequalities in adolescent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination: A test of fundamental cause theory
by Polonijo, Andrea N. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 126-133 Natural disasters and suicide: Evidence from Japan
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Ueda, Michiko
- 134-146 Political conditions and life expectancy in Europe, 1900–2008
by Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 147-155 McDonaldization or Commercial Re-stratification: Corporatization and the multimodal organisation of English doctors
by Waring, Justin & Bishop, Simon
- 156-163 Hendra in the news: Public policy meets public morality in times of zoonotic uncertainty
by Degeling, Chris & Kerridge, Ian
2013, Volume 81, Issue C
- 1-9 Do psychosocial factors moderate the association between neighborhood walkability and adolescents' physical activity?
by De Meester, Femke & Van Dyck, Delfien & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Deforche, Benedicte & Cardon, Greet
- 10-17 Where wealth matters more for health: The wealth–health gradient in 16 countries
by Semyonov, Moshe & Lewin-Epstein, Noah & Maskileyson, Dina
- 18-25 Effects of home-based Voluntary Counselling and Testing on HIV-related stigma: Findings from a cluster-randomized trial in Zambia
by Jürgensen, Marte & Sandøy, Ingvild Fossgard & Michelo, Charles & Fylkesnes, Knut
- 26-33 Accumulated occupational class and self-rated health. Can information on previous experience of class further our understanding of the social gradient in health?
by Kjellsson, Sara
- 34-41 Putting knowledge to trial: ‘ADHD parents’ and the evaluation of alternative therapeutic regimes
by Edwards, Claire & Howlett, Etaoine
- 42-52 The poorer cancer survival among the unmarried in Norway: Is much explained by comorbidities?
by Kravdal, Øystein
- 53-59 Childhood adversities and subsequent risk of one or multiple abortions
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Tschann, Jeanne M.
- 60-69 Educational inequalities in health in European welfare states: A social expenditure approach
by Dahl, Espen & van der Wel, Kjetil A.
- 70-78 Mental health of Aboriginal children and adolescents in violent school environments: Protective mediators of violence and psychological/nervous disorders
by Kaspar, Violet
- 79-86 Cross-border ties and self-rated health status for young Latino adults in Southern California
by Torres, Jacqueline M.
- 87-93 Social role participation and the life course in healthy adults and individuals with osteoarthritis: Are we overlooking the impact on the middle-aged?
by Gignac, Monique A.M. & Backman, Catherine L. & Davis, Aileen M. & Lacaille, Diane & Cao, Xingshan & Badley, Elizabeth M.
- 94-101 Determinants of changes in income-related health inequalities among working-age adults in Japan, 1986–2007: Time-trend study
by Kachi, Yuko & Inoue, Mariko & Nishikitani, Mariko & Tsurugano, Shinobu & Yano, Eiji
- 102-109 The fiscal impact of informal caregiving to home care recipients in Canada: How the intensity of care influences costs and benefits to government
by Jacobs, Josephine C. & Lilly, Meredith B. & Ng, Carita & Coyte, Peter C.
- 110-114 Mental health of those directly exposed to the World Trade Center disaster: Unmet mental health care need, mental health treatment service use, and quality of life
by Brackbill, Robert M. & Stellman, Steven D. & Perlman, Sharon E. & Walker, Deborah J. & Farfel, Mark R.
- 115-122 The relationships between housing quality and occupant health in Uganda
by Herrin, William E. & Amaral, Michelle M. & Balihuta, Arsene M.
2013, Volume 80, Issue C
- 1-9 Seasonality, disease and behavior: Using multiple methods to explore socio-environmental health risks in the Mekong Delta
by Few, Roger & Lake, Iain & Hunter, Paul R. & Tran, Pham Gia
- 10-18 Achieving and sustaining profound institutional change in healthcare: Case study using neo-institutional theory
by Macfarlane, Fraser & Barton-Sweeney, Cathy & Woodard, Fran & Greenhalgh, Trisha
- 19-23 The scarring effect of unemployment throughout adulthood on psychological distress at age 50: Estimates controlling for early adulthood distress and childhood psychological factors
by Daly, M. & Delaney, L.
- 24-30 A paradox in healthcare service development: Professionalization of service users
by El Enany, Nellie & Currie, Graeme & Lockett, Andy
- 31-36 Sheepskin effects of education in the 10-year Framingham risk of coronary heart disease
by Liu, Sze Yan & Buka, Stephen L. & Kubzansky, Laura D. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Gilman, Stephen E. & Loucks, Eric B.
- 37-46 Investigating the affordability of key health services in South Africa
by Cleary, Susan & Birch, Steve & Chimbindi, Natsayi & Silal, Sheetal & McIntyre, Di
- 47-56 Habit, custom, and power: A multi-level theory of population health
by Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 57-66 Changes in income inequality and the health of immigrants
by Hamilton, Tod G. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 67-75 Residential segregation, geographic proximity and type of services used: Evidence for racial/ethnic disparities in mental health
by Dinwiddie, Gniesha Y. & Gaskin, Darrell J. & Chan, Kitty S. & Norrington, Janette & McCleary, Rachel
- 76-84 The social environment and walking behavior among low-income housing residents
by Caspi, Caitlin E. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Tucker-Seeley, Reginald & Sorensen, Glorian
- 85-95 Migration, environmental hazards, and health outcomes in China
by Chen, Juan & Chen, Shuo & Landry, Pierre F.
- 96-104 The effects of local and non-local traffic on child pedestrian safety: A spatial displacement of risk
by Yiannakoulias, Nikolaos & Scott, Darren M.
- 105-112 ‘We view that as contraceptive failure’: Containing the ‘multiplicity’ of contraception and abortion within Scottish reproductive healthcare
by Beynon-Jones, Siân M.
- 113-120 Compositional and contextual associations of social capital and self-rated health in Seoul, South Korea: A multilevel analysis of longitudinal evidence
by Han, Sehee
- 121-129 The effect of Hurricane Katrina on the prevalence of health impairments and disability among adults in New Orleans: Differences by age, race, and sex
by Sastry, Narayan & Gregory, Jesse
- 130-140 A randomized controlled trial to improve health among women receiving welfare in the U.S.: The relationship between employment outcomes and the economic recession
by Kneipp, Shawn M. & Kairalla, John A. & Sheely, Amanda L.
2013, Volume 79, Issue C
- 7-15 Sociodemographic and cultural determinants of sleep deficiency: Implications for cardiometabolic disease risk
by Knutson, Kristen L.
- 16-22 Perceived neighborhood quality, sleep quality, and health status: Evidence from the Survey of the Health of Wisconsin
by Hale, Lauren & Hill, Terrence D. & Friedman, Elliot & Javier Nieto, F. & Galvao, Loren W. & Engelman, Corinne D. & Malecki, Kristen M.C. & Peppard, Paul E.
- 23-30 Sleeping, dreaming, and health in rural Indonesia and the urban U.S.: A cultural and experiential approach
by Hollan, Douglas
- 31-39 Sleep budgets in a globalizing world: Biocultural interactions influence sleep sufficiency among Egyptian families
by Worthman, Carol M. & Brown, Ryan A.
- 40-47 Medicalisation or customisation? Sleep, enterprise and enhancement in the 24/7 society
by Williams, Simon J. & Coveney, Catherine M. & Gabe, Jonathan
- 48-56 “Listening for his breath:” The significance of gender and partner reporting on the diagnosis, management, and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
by Henry, Doug & Rosenthal, Leon
- 57-65 Unique sleep disorders profile of a population-based sample of 747 Hmong immigrants in Wisconsin
by Young, Eric & Xiong, Se & Finn, Laurel & Young, Terry
- 66-75 Work–family conflicts and subsequent sleep medication among women and men: A longitudinal registry linkage study
by Lallukka, T. & Arber, S. & Laaksonen, M. & Lahelma, E. & Partonen, T. & Rahkonen, O.
- 76-83 “They silently live in terror…” why sleep problems and night-time related quality-of-life are missed in children with a fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
by Ipsiroglu, Osman S. & McKellin, William H. & Carey, Norma & Loock, Christine
- 92-100 Nighttime parenting strategies and sleep-related risks to infants
by Volpe, Lane E. & Ball, Helen L. & McKenna, James J.
- 101-108 Eye of the beholder? Maternal mental health and the quality of infant sleep
by Goldberg, Wendy A. & Lucas-Thompson, Rachel G. & Germo, Gary R. & Keller, Meret A. & Davis, Elysia Poggi & Sandman, Curt A.
- 109-116 A qualitative exploration of adolescent perceptions of healthy sleep in Tucson, Arizona, USA
by Orzech, Kathryn M.
- 117-123 Gender differences in approaches to self-management of poor sleep in later life
by Venn, Susan & Meadows, Robert & Arber, Sara
2013, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-8 The shape of things to come? Obesity prevalence among foreign-born vs. US-born Mexican youth in California
by Buttenheim, Alison M. & Pebley, Anne R. & Hsih, Katie & Chung, Chang Y. & Goldman, Noreen
- 9-16 The art of letting go: Referral to palliative care and its discontents
by Broom, Alex & Kirby, Emma & Good, Phillip & Wootton, Julia & Adams, Jon
- 17-25 Measuring the catastrophic and impoverishing effect of household health care spending in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 26-33 Agency and implementation: Understanding the embedding of healthcare innovations in practice
by May, Carl
- 34-41 Education and obesity at age 40 among American adults
by Cohen, Alison K. & Rehkopf, David H. & Deardorff, Julianna & Abrams, Barbara
- 42-49 Implementing a Basic Package of Health Services in post-conflict Liberia: Perceptions of key stakeholders
by Petit, Dörte & Sondorp, Egbert & Mayhew, Susannah & Roura, Maria & Roberts, Bayard
- 50-60 Understanding maternal smoking during pregnancy: Does residential context matter?
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 61-69 Structural and environmental factors are associated with internalised homonegativity in men who have sex with men: Findings from the European MSM Internet Survey (EMIS) in 38 countries
by Berg, Rigmor C. & Ross, Michael W. & Weatherburn, Peter & Schmidt, Axel J.
- 70-77 Addiction in the family is a major but neglected contributor to the global burden of adult ill-health
by Orford, Jim & Velleman, Richard & Natera, Guillermina & Templeton, Lorna & Copello, Alex
- 78-85 Conferences, tablecloths and cupboards: How to understand the situatedness of quality improvements in long-term care
by Stoopendaal, Annemiek & Bal, Roland
- 86-95 Economic gradients in early child neurodevelopment: A multi-country study
by Wehby, George L. & McCarthy, Ann Marie
- 96-112 How robust is the evidence of an emerging or increasing female excess in physical morbidity between childhood and adolescence? Results of a systematic literature review and meta-analyses
by MacLean, Alice & Sweeting, Helen & Egan, Matt & Der, Geoff & Adamson, Joy & Hunt, Kate
- 113-124 “I'm always entirely happy when I'm here!” Urban blue enhancing human health and well-being in Cologne and Düsseldorf, Germany
by Völker, Sebastian & Kistemann, Thomas
- 125-129 The ongoing westernization of East Asian biomedical ethics in Taiwan
by Chen, Yen-Yuan & Tsai, Shih-Li & Yang, Chih-Wei & Ni, Yen-Hsuan & Chang, Shan-Chwen
2013, Volume 77, Issue C
- 13-19 Breast cancer anxiety's associations with responses to a chemoprevention decision aid
by Dillard, Amanda J. & Scherer, Laura & Ubel, Peter A. & Smith, Dylan M. & Zikmund-Fisher, Brian J. & McClure, Jennifer B. & Greene, Sarah & Stark, Azadeh & Fagerlin, Angela
- 20-30 The influence of urban design on neighbourhood walking following residential relocation: Longitudinal results from the RESIDE study
by Giles-Corti, Billie & Bull, Fiona & Knuiman, Matthew & McCormack, Gavin & Van Niel, Kimberly & Timperio, Anna & Christian, Hayley & Foster, Sarah & Divitini, Mark & Middleton, Nick & Boruff, Bryan
- 31-40 HIV issues and people with disabilities: A review and agenda for research
by Groce, Nora Ellen & Rohleder, Poul & Eide, Arne Henning & MacLachlan, Malcolm & Mall, Sumaya & Swartz, Leslie
- 41-49 Association of exposure to intimate-partner physical violence and potentially traumatic war-related events with mental health in Liberia
by Vinck, Patrick & Pham, Phuong N.
- 50-59 The impact of therapeutic procedure innovation on hospital patient longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000–2007
by Lichtenberg, Frank R.
- 60-69 Does community capacity influence self-rated health? Multilevel contextual effects in Seoul, Korea
by Jung, Minsoo & Viswanath, K.
- 70-74 Gender disparities in AMI management and outcomes among health professionals, their relatives, and non-health professionals in Taiwan from 1997 to 2007
by Huang, Nicole & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Hu, Hsiao-Yun & Lee, Cheng-Hua
- 75-83 How does race get “under the skin”?: Inflammation, weathering, and metabolic problems in late life
by Das, Aniruddha
- 84-89 Public preferences over efficiency, equity and autonomy in vaccination policy: An empirical study
by Luyten, Jeroen & Dorgali, Veronica & Hens, Niel & Beutels, Philippe
- 90-96 The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008
by de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene
- 97-105 Valuing the EQ-5D and the SF-6D health states using subjective well-being: A secondary analysis of patient data
by Mukuria, Clara & Brazier, John
- 106-117 Socioeconomic inequalities in drug utilization for Sweden: Evidence from linked survey and register data
by Nordin, Martin & Dackehag, Margareta & Gerdtham, Ulf-G.
- 118-125 The social dynamics of consent and refusal in HIV surveillance in rural South Africa
by Reynolds, Lindsey & Cousins, Thomas & Newell, Marie-Louise & Imrie, John
- 126-136 The business cycle and health behaviors
by Xu, Xin
- 137-146 Does living in slums or non-slums influence women's nutritional status? Evidence from Indian mega-cities
by Gaur, Kirti & Keshri, Kunal & Joe, William
- 147-155 Clinicians on the board: What difference does it make?
by Veronesi, Gianluca & Kirkpatrick, Ian & Vallascas, Francesco
- 156-163 Theory-informed design of values clarification methods: A cognitive psychological perspective on patient health-related decision making
by Pieterse, Arwen H. & de Vries, Marieke & Kunneman, Marleen & Stiggelbout, Anne M. & Feldman-Stewart, Deb
- 164-172 To what extent do biomarkers account for the large social disparities in health in Moscow?
by Glei, Dana A. & Goldman, Noreen & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Jdanov, Dmitri & Shalnova, Svetlana & Shkolnikova, Maria & Weinstein, Maxine
2013, Volume 76, Issue C
- 1-7 Socioeconomic inequality in birth weight and gestational age in Denmark 1996–2007: Using a family-based approach to explore alternative explanations
by Mortensen, Laust H.
- 28-38 Maternal familism predicts birthweight and asthma symptoms three years later
by Abdou, Cleopatra M. & Dominguez, Tyan Parker & Myers, Hector F.
- 39-46 Revisiting causal neighborhood effects on individual ischemic heart disease risk: A quasi-experimental multilevel analysis among Swedish siblings
by Merlo, Juan & Ohlsson, Henrik & Chaix, Basile & Lichtenstein, Paul & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V.
- 47-56 Patterns of family doctor decision making in practice context. What are the implications for medical practice variation and social disparities?
by Lay-Yee, Roy & Scott, Alastair & Davis, Peter
- 57-66 Effects of child and adolescent health on educational progress
by Lê, Félice & Diez Roux, Ana & Morgenstern, Hal
- 67-73 Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law
by Binnendijk, Erika & Dror, David M. & Gerelle, Eric & Koren, Ruth
- 74-82 Best worst discrete choice experiments in health: Methods and an application
by Lancsar, Emily & Louviere, Jordan & Donaldson, Cam & Currie, Gillian & Burgess, Leonie
- 83-91 The impact of natural disasters on child health and investments in rural India
by Datar, Ashlesha & Liu, Jenny & Linnemayr, Sebastian & Stecher, Chad
- 92-100 Thai and American doctors on medical ethics: Religion, regulation, and moral reasoning across borders
by Grol-Prokopczyk, Hanna
- 101-106 Do socio-economic gradients in smoking emerge differently across time by gender? Implications for the tobacco epidemic from a pregnancy cohort in California, USA
by Keyes, Katherine M. & March, Dana & Link, Bruce G. & Chilcoat, Howard D. & Susser, Ezra
- 107-114 Intrauterine stress and male cohort quality: The case of September 11, 2001
by Bruckner, Tim A. & Nobles, Jenna
- 115-125 The relationship between organizational culture and performance in acute hospitals
by Jacobs, Rowena & Mannion, Russell & Davies, Huw T.O. & Harrison, Stephen & Konteh, Fred & Walshe, Kieran
- 126-133 The impact of social, structural and physical environmental factors on transitions into employment among people who inject drugs
by Richardson, Lindsey & Wood, Evan & Kerr, Thomas
- 134-142 Dynamic profile of health investment and the evolution of elderly health
by Lo, Te-Fen & Hsieh, Chee-Ruey
- 143-149 Factors affecting the entry of for-profit providers into a price regulated market for formal long-term care services: A case study from Japan
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 150-158 A new prevention paradox: The trade-off between reducing incentives for risk selection and increasing the incentives for prevention for health insurers
by Kanters, Tim A. & Brouwer, Werner B.F. & van Vliet, René C.J.A. & van Baal, Pieter H.M. & Polder, Johan J.
- 159-168 Including quality attributes in efficiency measures consistent with net benefit: Creating incentives for evidence based medicine in practice
by Eckermann, Simon & Coelli, Tim
- 169-178 Health and well-being of movers in rural and urban areas – A grid-based analysis of northern Finland birth cohort 1966
by Lankila, Tiina & Näyhä, Simo & Rautio, Arja & Koiranen, Markku & Rusanen, Jarmo & Taanila, Anja
- 179-187 Disparities in work, risk and health between immigrants and native-born Spaniards
by Solé, Meritxell & Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Rodríguez, Marisol
- 188-196 The re-construction of women's sexual lives after pelvic radiotherapy: A critique of social constructionist and biomedical perspectives on the study of female sexuality after cancer treatment
by White, I.D. & Faithfull, S. & Allan, H.
- 197-207 International migration to Canada: The post-birth health of mothers and infants by immigration class
by Gagnon, Anita J. & Dougherty, Geoffrey & Wahoush, Olive & Saucier, Jean-François & Dennis, Cindy-Lee & Stanger, Elizabeth & Palmer, Becky & Merry, Lisa & Stewart, Donna E.
2012, Volume 75, Issue 12
- 2060-2068 Integrating social epidemiology into immigrant health research: A cross-national framework
by Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Sanchez-Vaznaugh, Emma V. & Viruell-Fuentes, Edna A. & Almeida, Joanna
- 2069-2075 Substance use, generation and time in the United States: The modifying role of gender for immigrant urban adolescents
by Almeida, Joanna & Johnson, Renee M. & Matsumoto, Atsushi & Godette, Dionne C.