Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Wendy Shamier)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57
2012, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 125-134 Canaries in a coalmine: Immigration and overweight among Mexican-origin children in the US and Mexico
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Baker, Elizabeth & Altman, Claire E. & Frisco, Michelle L.
- 135-142 Household migration, social support, and psychosocial health: The perspective from migrant-sending areas
by Lu, Yao
- 143-149 Beyond symptoms: Defining primary care mental health clinical assessment priorities, content and process
by Lynch, Johanna M. & Askew, Deborah A. & Mitchell, Geoffrey K. & Hegarty, Kelsey L.
- 150-157 Five years later: Recovery from post traumatic stress and psychological distress among low-income mothers affected by Hurricane Katrina
by Paxson, Christina & Fussell, Elizabeth & Rhodes, Jean & Waters, Mary
- 158-166 Long-term association of economic inequality and mortality in adult Costa Ricans
by Modrek, Sepideh & Dow, William H. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 167-175 Coupling infectious diseases, human preventive behavior, and networks – A conceptual framework for epidemic modeling
by Mao, Liang & Yang, Yan
- 176-184 Health information seeking and use outside of the medical encounter: Is it associated with race and ethnicity?
by Rooks, Ronica N. & Wiltshire, Jacqueline C. & Elder, Keith & BeLue, Rhonda & Gary, Lisa C.
- 185-195 Exploring the connections between HIV serostatus and individual, household, and community socioeconomic resources: Evidence from two population-based surveys in Kenya
by Ishida, Kanako & Arnold, Michael & Stupp, Paul & Kizito, Paul & Ichwara, Jared
- 196-201 Rising preterm birth rates, 1989–2004: Changing demographics or changing obstetric practice?
by VanderWeele, Tyler J. & Lantos, John D. & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 202-210 Social capital and social inequality in adolescents’ health in 601 Flemish communities: A multilevel analysis
by De Clercq, B. & Vyncke, V. & Hublet, A. & Elgar, F.J. & Ravens-Sieberer, U. & Currie, C. & Hooghe, M. & Ieven, A. & Maes, L.
- 211-219 Disability and dignity-enabling home environments
by Gibson, Barbara E. & Secker, Barbara & Rolfe, Debbie & Wagner, Frank & Parke, Bob & Mistry, Bhavnita
- 220-227 Model of health? Distributed preparedness and multi-agency interventions surrounding UK regional airports
by Warren, Adam & Bell, Morag & Budd, Lucy
- 228-235 Network structures and their relevance to the policy cycle: A case study of The National Male Health Policy of Australia
by Holden, Carol A. & Lin, Vivian
- 236-244 Capitals and capabilities: Linking structure and agency to reduce health inequalities
by Abel, Thomas & Frohlich, Katherine L.
- 245-253 The politics of place(ment): Problematising the provision of hepatitis C treatment within opiate substitution clinics
by Rance, Jake & Newland, Jamee & Hopwood, Max & Treloar, Carla
- 254-262 How does the business cycle affect eating habits?
by Dave, Dhaval M. & Kelly, Inas Rashad
- 263-272 Medical innovation and age-specific trends in health care utilization: Findings and implications
by Wong, Albert & Wouterse, Bram & Slobbe, Laurentius C.J. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C. & Polder, Johan J.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 1
- 6-13 Globalisation and health inequalities: Can a human rights paradigm create space for civil society action?
by London, Leslie & Schneider, Helen
- 14-19 Re-interpreting the citizen consumer: Alternative consumer activism and the rights to health and development
by Khoo, Su-ming
- 20-27 Cross-border mobility of health professionals: Contesting patients’ right to health
by Plotnikova, Evgeniya Vadimovna
- 28-35 Mind the gap: Access to ARV medication, rights and the politics of scale in South Africa
by Jones, Peris Sean
- 36-43 The provision of accessible, acceptable health care in rural remote areas and the right to health: Bedouin in the North East region of Jordan
by Lewando Hundt, Gillian & Alzaroo, Salah & Hasna, Fadia & Alsmeiran, Mohammed
- 44-51 Rights-based approaches to addressing food poverty and food insecurity in Ireland and UK
by Dowler, Elizabeth A. & O’Connor, Deirdre
- 52-57 Public opinion and support for government AIDS policies in sub-Saharan Africa
by Youde, Jeremy
- 58-66 Long-run effects of fetal influenza exposure: Evidence from Switzerland
by Neelsen, Sven & Stratmann, Thomas
- 67-74 How does the social environment ‘get into the mind’? Epigenetics at the intersection of social and psychiatric epidemiology
by Toyokawa, Satoshi & Uddin, Monica & Koenen, Karestan C. & Galea, Sandro
- 75-83 History of socioeconomic disadvantage and allostatic load in later life
by Gruenewald, Tara L. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Hu, Perry & Stein-Merkin, Sharon & Crandall, Carolyn & Koretz, Brandon & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 84-91 Relative income inequality and selected health outcomes in urban Chinese youth
by Sun, Ping & Unger, Jennifer B. & Palmer, Paula & Ma, Huiyan & Xie, Bin & Sussman, Steve & Johnson, C. Anderson
- 92-100 Willingness to use ADHD treatments: A mixed methods study of perceptions by adolescents, parents, health professionals and teachers
by Bussing, Regina & Koro-Ljungberg, Mirka & Noguchi, Kenji & Mason, Dana & Mayerson, Gillian & Garvan, Cynthia W.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 12
- 1675-1682 Organizational justice at school and its associations with pupils’ psychosocial school environment, health, and wellbeing
by Elovainio, Marko & Pietikäinen, Minna & Luopa, Pauliina & Kivimäki, Mika & Ferrie, Jane E. & Jokela, Jukka & Suominen, Sakari & Vahtera, Jussi & Virtanen, Marianna
- 1683-1688 Distinct impact of education and income on habitual exercise: A cross-sectional analysis in a rural city in Japan
by Murakami, Keiko & Hashimoto, Hideki & Lee, Jung Su & Kawakubo, Kiyoshi & Mori, Katsumi & Akabayashi, Akira
- 1689-1697 The contextual effects of social capital on health: A cross-national instrumental variable analysis
by Kim, Daniel & Baum, Christopher F. & Ganz, Michael L. & Subramanian, S.V. & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 1698-1706 Residential mobility within England and urban–rural inequalities in mortality
by Riva, Mylène & Curtis, Sarah & Norman, Paul
- 1707-1716 Association between neighborhood walkability, cardiorespiratory fitness and body-mass index
by Hoehner, Christine M. & Handy, Susan L. & Yan, Yan & Blair, Steven N. & Berrigan, David
- 1717-1724 The social context of food insecurity among persons living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Emenyonu, Nneka & Senkungu, Jude K. & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 1725-1732 Beyond debt. A moderator analysis of the relationship between perceived financial strain and mental health
by Selenko, Eva & Batinic, Bernad
- 1733-1740 The impact of causal attributions on diagnosis and successful referral of depressed patients in primary care
by van den Boogaard, Th. Michael & Verhaak, P.F.M. & Dyck, Richard van & Spinhoven, Philip
- 1741-1747 "The Most Important Test You’ll Ever Take"?: Attitudes toward confidential carrier matching and open individual testing among modern-religious Jews in Israel
by Frumkin, Ayala & Raz, Aviad E. & Plesser-Duvdevani, Morasha & Lieberman, Sari
- 1748-1755 Circus monkeys or change agents? Civil society advocacy for HIV/AIDS in adverse policy environments
by Spicer, Neil & Harmer, Andrew & Aleshkina, Julia & Bogdan, Daryna & Chkhatarashvili, Ketevan & Murzalieva, Gulgun & Rukhadze, Natia & Samiev, Arnol & Walt, Gill
- 1756-1765 Is blood thicker than water? Peer effects in stent utilization among Floridian cardiologists
by Huesch, Marco D.
- 1766-1774 Measuring the outcomes of long-term care
by Forder, Julien E. & Caiels, James
- 1775-1783 The ‘cultural inflation of morbidity’ during the English mortality decline: A new look
by Gorsky, Martin & Guntupalli, Aravinda & Harris, Bernard & Hinde, Andrew
2011, Volume 73, Issue 11
- 1575-1584 Rising premature mortality in the UK’s persistently deprived areas: Only a Scottish phenomenon?
by Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Exeter, Daniel & Feng, Zhiqiang & Popham, Frank
- 1585-1592 The ecology of unhealthy places: Violence, birthweight, and the importance of territoriality in structurally disadvantaged communities
by Kane, Robert J.
- 1593-1599 The psychological impact of chronic environmental adversity: Responding to prolonged drought
by Stain, Helen J. & Kelly, Brian & Carr, Vaughan J. & Lewin, Terry J. & Fitzgerald, Michael & Fragar, Lyn
- 1600-1607 Risky health environments: Women sex workers’ struggles to find safe, secure and non-exploitative housing in Canada’s poorest postal code
by Lazarus, L. & Chettiar, J. & Deering, K. & Nabess, R. & Shannon, K.
- 1608-1617 Social inequalities in ‘sickness’: European welfare states and non-employment among the chronically ill
by van der Wel, Kjetil A. & Dahl, Espen & Thielen, Karsten
- 1618-1626 A life course perspective on migration and mental health among Asian immigrants: The role of human agency
by Gong, Fang & Xu, Jun & Fujishiro, Kaori & Takeuchi, David T.
- 1627-1634 Associations between unemployment and major depressive disorder: Evidence from an international, prospective study (the predict cohort)
by Jefferis, Barbara J. & Nazareth, Irwin & Marston, Louise & Moreno-Kustner, Berta & Bellón, Juan Ángel & Svab, Igor & Rotar, Danica & Geerlings, Mirjam I. & Xavier, Miguel & Goncalves-Pereira, Manuel & Vicente, Benjamin & Saldivia, Sandra & Aluoja, Anu & Kalda, Ruth & King, Michael
- 1635-1643 The influence of indigenous status and community indigenous composition on obesity and diabetes among Mexican adults
by Stoddard, Pamela & Handley, Margaret A. & Vargas Bustamante, Arturo & Schillinger, Dean
- 1644-1652 Quality and quantity: The role of social interactions in self-reported individual health
by Fiorillo, Damiano & Sabatini, Fabio
- 1653-1660 Maternal social capital and birth outcomes in the mother–child cohort in Crete, Greece (Rhea study)
by Kritsotakis, George & Vassilaki, Maria & Chatzi, Leda & Georgiou, Vaggelis & Philalithis, Anastassios E. & Kogevinas, Manolis & Koutis, Antonis
- 1661-1668 Choreographies of sperm donations: Dilemmas of intimacy in lesbian couple donor conception
by Nordqvist, Petra
- 1669-1673 “Cutting” on cancer: Attitudes about cancer spread and surgery among primary care patients in the USA
by James, Aimee & Daley, Christine M. & Greiner, K.A.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 10
- 1445-1448 Is unimpeded marketing for breast milk substitutes responsible for the decline in breastfeeding in the Philippines? An exploratory survey and focus group analysis
by Sobel, Howard L. & Iellamo, Alessandro & Raya, René R. & Padilla, Alexander A. & Olivé, Jean-Marc & Nyunt-U, Soe
- 1452-1459 Why is UK medicine no longer a self-regulating profession? The role of scandals involving “bad apple” doctors
by Dixon-Woods, Mary & Yeung, Karen & Bosk, Charles L.
- 1460-1468 Deliberating Tarceva: A case study of how British NHS managers decide whether to purchase a high-cost drug in the shadow of NICE guidance
by Hughes, David & Doheny, Shane
- 1469-1476 Anthropology, organ transplantation and the immune system: Resituating commodity and gift exchange
by Kierans, Ciara
- 1477-1489 Access to health care, reproductive health and disability: A large scale survey in Sierra Leone
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Browne, Joyce & Kett, Maria & Bah, Osman & Morlai, Teddy & Bailey, Nicki & Groce, Nora
- 1490-1497 Melting bones: The social construction of postmenopausal osteoporosis in Turkey
by Erol, Maral
- 1498-1507 Relying on nature’s pharmacy in rural Burkina Faso: Empirical evidence of the determinants of traditional medicine consumption
by Pouliot, Mariève
- 1508-1516 Time-bound opportunity costs of informal care: Consequences for access to professional care, caregiver support, and labour supply estimates
by Hassink, Wolter H.J. & Van den Berg, Bernard
- 1517-1524 Allocation of household responsibilities influences change in dietary behavior
by Nelson, Candace C. & Sapp, Amy & Berkman, Lisa F. & Li, Yi & Sorensen, Glorian
- 1525-1533 Aging in neighborhoods differing in walkability and income: Associations with physical activity and obesity in older adults
by King, Abby C. & Sallis, James F. & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Cain, Kelli & Conway, Terry L. & Chapman, James E. & Ahn, David K. & Kerr, Jacqueline
- 1534-1542 Household capacities, vulnerabilities and food insecurity: Shifts in food insecurity in urban and rural Ethiopia during the 2008 food crisis
by Hadley, Craig & Linzer, Drew A. & Belachew, Tefera & Mariam, Abebe Gebre & Tessema, Fasil & Lindstrom, David
- 1543-1550 Why socially deprived populations have a faster resting heart rate: Impact of behaviour, life course anthropometry, and biology – the RECORD Cohort Study
by Chaix, Basile & Jouven, Xavier & Thomas, Frédérique & Leal, Cinira & Billaudeau, Nathalie & Bean, Kathy & Kestens, Yan & Jëgo, Bertrand & Pannier, Bruno & Danchin, Nicolas
- 1551-1560 Immigration and the health of U.S. black adults: Does country of origin matter?
by Hamilton, Tod G. & Hummer, Robert A.
- 1561-1568 Income inequality, social capital and self-rated health and dental status in older Japanese
by Aida, Jun & Kondo, Katsunori & Kondo, Naoki & Watt, Richard G. & Sheiham, Aubrey & Tsakos, Georgios
2011, Volume 73, Issue 9
- 1285-1289 Consumers of eldercare in Sweden: The semblance of choice
by Meinow, Bettina & Parker, Marti G. & Thorslund, Mats
- 1292-1301 Understanding high-risk behavior among non-dominant minorities: A social resistance framework
by Factor, Roni & Kawachi, Ichiro & Williams, David R.
- 1302-1311 Neighborhood conditions are associated with maternal health behaviors and pregnancy outcomes
by Vinikoor-Imler, L.C. & Messer, L.C. & Evenson, K.R. & Laraia, B.A.
- 1312-1322 Race/ethnic differences in adult mortality: The role of perceived stress and health behaviors
by Krueger, Patrick M. & Saint Onge, Jarron M. & Chang, Virginia W.
- 1323-1331 Parenthood and trajectories of change in body weight over the life course
by Umberson, Debra & Liu, Hui & Mirowsky, John & Reczek, Corinne
- 1332-1339 Does the sale of sweetened beverages at school affect children’s weight?
by Cunningham, Solveig A. & Zavodny, Madeline
- 1340-1348 Distal and variably proximal causes: Education, obesity, and health
by Schafer, Markus H. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1349-1356 How do obese individuals perceive and respond to the different types of obesity stigma that they encounter in their daily lives? A qualitative study
by Lewis, Sophie & Thomas, Samantha L. & Blood, R. Warwick & Castle, David J. & Hyde, Jim & Komesaroff, Paul A.
- 1357-1364 Resistance and vulnerability to stigmatization in abortion work
by O’Donnell, Jenny & Weitz, Tracy A. & Freedman, Lori R.
- 1365-1370 How does network structure affect partnerships for promoting physical activity? Evidence from Brazil and Colombia
by Parra, Diana C. & Dauti, Marsela & Harris, Jenine K. & Reyes, Lissette & Malta, Deborah C. & Brownson, Ross C. & Quintero, Mario A. & Pratt, Michael
- 1371-1377 Dying cases in emergency places: Caring for the dying in emergency departments
by Bailey, Cara J. & Murphy, Roger & Porock, Davina
- 1378-1385 Where do human organs come from? Trends of generalized and restricted altruism in organ donations
by Boas, Hagai
- 1386-1394 Life of a partnership: The process of collaboration between the National Tuberculosis Program and the hospitals in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
by Probandari, Ari & Utarini, Adi & Lindholm, Lars & Hurtig, Anna-Karin
- 1395-1400 The effect of national suicide prevention programs on suicide rates in 21 OECD nations
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Ueda, Michiko
- 1401-1407 The impact of fiscal decentralization on infant mortality rates: Evidence from OECD countries
by Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores
- 1408-1415 The effect of change in mental disorder status on change in spousal mental health: The HUNT study
by Idstad, Mariann & Røysamb, Espen & Tambs, Kristian
- 1416-1421 Do general practitioners overestimate the health of their patients with lower education?
by Kelly-Irving, Michelle & Delpierre, Cyrille & Schieber, Anne-Cécile & Lepage, Benoit & Rolland, Christine & Afrité, Anissa & Pascal, Jean & Cases, Chantal & Lombrail, Pierre & Lang, Thierry
- 1422-1427 The very high sex ratio in rural China: Impact on the psychosocial wellbeing of unmarried men
by Zhou, Xu Dong & Wang, Xiao Lei & Li, Lu & Hesketh, Therese
- 1428-1435 Gender, social engagement, and limitations in late life
by Thomas, Patricia A.
- 1436-1443 Sources of somatization: Exploring the roles of insecurity in relationships and styles of anger experience and expression
by Liu, Liang & Cohen, Shiri & Schulz, Marc S. & Waldinger, Robert J.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 8
- 1113-1122 Using matched areas to explore international differences in population health
by Mitchell, Richard & Dujardin, Claire & Popham, Frank & Farfan Portet, Maria-Isabel & Thomas, Isabelle & Lorant, Vincent
- 1123-1132 Does country influence the health burden of informal care? An international comparison between Belgium and Great Britain
by Dujardin, Claire & Farfan-Portet, Maria-Isabel & Mitchell, Richard & Popham, Frank & Thomas, Isabelle & Lorant, Vincent
- 1133-1144 The role of daily mobility in mental health inequalities: The interactive influence of activity space and neighbourhood of residence on depression
by Vallée, Julie & Cadot, Emmanuelle & Roustit, Christelle & Parizot, Isabelle & Chauvin, Pierre
- 1145-1151 Place effects for areas defined by administrative boundaries: A life course analysis of mortality and cause specific morbidity in Scania, Sweden
by Ohlsson, Henrik & Merlo, Juan
- 1152-1162 Mismatched racial identities, colourism, and health in Toronto and Vancouver
by Veenstra, Gerry
- 1163-1168 Racial and ethnic disparities in hospital care resulting from air pollution in excess of federal standards
by Hackbarth, Andrew D. & Romley, John A. & Goldman, Dana P.
- 1169-1177 The role of migration in the development of depressive symptoms among Latino immigrant parents in the USA
by Ornelas, India J. & Perreira, Krista M.
- 1178-1185 Lifetime income patterns and alcohol consumption: Investigating the association between long- and short-term income trajectories and drinking
by Cerdá, Magdalena & Johnson-Lawrence, Vicki D. & Galea, Sandro
- 1186-1193 Estimates of peer effects in adolescent smoking across twenty six European Countries
by McVicar, Duncan
- 1194-1199 Instrumental variable estimation of the effect of prayer on depression
by Denny, Kevin J.
- 1200-1207 Techno-politics of genomic nationalism: Tracing genomics and its use in drug regulation in Japan and Taiwan
by Kuo, Wen-Hua
- 1208-1213 Colleague interactions and new drug prescribing behavior: The case of the initial prescription of antidepressants in Taiwanese medical centers
by Lin, Shu-Jou & Jan, Kuan-An & Kao, Jen-Tse
- 1214-1221 A multilevel intervention for HIV-affected families in China: Together for Empowerment Activities (TEA)
by Li, Li & Ji, Guoping & Liang, Li-Jung & Ding, Yingying & Tian, Junru & Xiao, Yongkang
- 1222-1229 “Everything that I thought that they would be, they weren’t:” Family systems as support and impediment to recovery
by EnglandKennedy, Elizabeth Sara & Horton, Sarah
- 1230-1237 “But Then I Learned…”: Weight loss surgery patients negotiate surgery discourses
by Drew, Patricia
- 1238-1245 Uncertainty in medicine: Meanings of menopause and hormone replacement therapy in medical textbooks
by Niland, Patricia & Lyons, Antonia C.
- 1246-1248 Influence of Valentine’s Day and Halloween on Birth Timing
by Levy, Becca R. & Chung, Pil H. & Slade, Martin D.
- 1249-1256 Where do pharmaceuticals on the market originate? An analysis of the informal drug supply in Cotonou, Benin
by Baxerres, Carine & Le Hesran, Jean-Yves
- 1257-1265 Comparing HIV-related symbolic stigma in six African countries: Social representations in young people’s narratives
by Winskell, Kate & Hill, Elizabeth & Obyerodhyambo, Oby
- 1266-1274 Maternal health and knowledge and infant health outcomes in the Ariaal people of northern Kenya
by Miller, Elizabeth M.
- 1275-1283 Dynamics of change in the practice of female genital cutting in Senegambia: Testing predictions of social convention theory
by Shell-Duncan, Bettina & Wander, Katherine & Hernlund, Ylva & Moreau, Amadou
2011, Volume 73, Issue 7
- 945-952 Implementing ‘translational’ biomedical research: Convergence and divergence among clinical and basic scientists
by Morgan, Myfanwy & Barry, Christine A. & Donovan, Jenny L. & Sandall, Jane & Wolfe, Charles D.A. & Boaz, Annette
- 953-959 The interplay of structure and agency in health promotion: Integrating a concept of structural change and the policy dimension into a multi-level model and applying it to health promotion principles and practice
by Rütten, Alfred & Gelius, Peter
- 960-969 Effects of a health-social partnership transitional program on hospital readmission: A randomized controlled trial
by Wong, Frances Kam-yuet & Ho, May M. & Yeung, SikYing & Tam, Stanley K. & Chow, Susan K.
- 970-977 Physician shortages in rural Vietnam: Using a labor market approach to inform policy
by Vujicic, Marko & Shengelia, Bakhuti & Alfano, Marco & Thu, Ha Bui
- 978-985 An extension in eligibility for free primary care and avoidable hospitalisations: A natural experiment
by Nolan, Anne
- 986-994 Product development public–private partnerships for public health: A systematic review using qualitative data
by De Pinho Campos, Katia & Norman, Cameron D. & Jadad, Alejandro R.
- 995-1002 Living in the “land of no”? Consumer perceptions of healthy lifestyle portrayals in direct-to-consumer advertisements of prescription drugs
by Frosch, Dominick L. & May, Suepattra G. & Tietbohl, Caroline & Pagán, José A.
- 1003-1013 Difficulties leaving home: A cross-sectional study of delays in seeking emergency obstetric care in Herat, Afghanistan
by Hirose, Atsumi & Borchert, Matthias & Niksear, Homa & Alkozai, Ahmad Shah & Cox, Jonathan & Gardiner, Julian & Osmani, Khadija Ruina & Filippi, Véronique
- 1014-1018 Newborn screening and maternal diagnosis: Rethinking family benefit
by Buchbinder, Mara & Timmermans, Stefan
- 1019-1027 Racial taxonomy in genomics
by Bliss, Catherine
- 1028-1036 How surgeons design treatment recommendations in orthopaedic surgery
by Hudak, Pamela L. & Clark, Shannon J. & Raymond, Geoffrey
- 1037-1044 “All Cubans are doctors!” news coverage of health and bioexceptionalism in Cuba
by Briggs, Charles L.
- 1045-1053 Responding to racism: Insights on how racism can damage health from an urban study of Australian Aboriginal people
by Ziersch, Anna M. & Gallaher, Gilbert & Baum, Fran & Bentley, Michael
- 1054-1061 “Meet me at the hill where we used to park”: Interpersonal processes associated with victim recantation
by Bonomi, Amy E. & Gangamma, Rashmi & Locke, Chris R. & Katafiasz, Heather & Martin, David
- 1062-1070 Dynamics of stigma in abortion work: Findings from a pilot study of the Providers Share Workshop
by Harris, Lisa Hope & Debbink, Michelle & Martin, Lisa & Hassinger, Jane
- 1071-1079 The effect of food insecurity on mental health: Panel evidence from rural Zambia
by Cole, Steven M. & Tembo, Gelson
- 1080-1087 Community resilience, quality childcare, and preschoolers’ mental health: A three-city comparison
by Maggi, Stefania & Roberts, William & MacLennan, David & D’Angiulli, Amedeo
- 1088-1096 Childhood socio-economic status and the onset, persistence, and severity of DSM-IV mental disorders in a US national sample
by McLaughlin, Katie A. & Breslau, Joshua & Green, Jennifer Greif & Lakoma, Matthew D. & Sampson, Nancy A. & Zaslavsky, Alan M. & Kessler, Ronald C.
- 1097-1104 Individual, study, and neighborhood level characteristics associated with peer recruitment of young illicit drug users in New York City: Optimizing respondent driven sampling
by Rudolph, Abby E. & Crawford, Natalie D. & Latkin, Carl & White, Kellee & Benjamin, Ebele O. & Jones, Kandice & Fuller, Crystal M.
- 1105-1112 The global financial crisis and psychological health in a sample of Australian older adults: A longitudinal study
by Sargent-Cox, Kerry & Butterworth, Peter & Anstey, Kaarin J.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 6
- 793-800 Towards a sociology of diagnosis: Reflections and opportunities
by Jutel, Annemarie & Nettleton, Sarah
- 801-807 Diagnosis and nosology in primary care
by Armstrong, David
- 808-815 Risk, significance and biomedicalisation of a new population: Older women's experience of osteoporosis screening
by Salter, Charlotte Ingrid & Howe, Amanda & McDaid, Lisa & Blacklock, Jeanette & Lenaghan, Elizabeth & Shepstone, Lee
- 816-824 Regulating diagnosis in post-genomic medicine: Re-aligning clinical judgment?
by Bourret, Pascale & Keating, Peter & Cambrosio, Alberto
- 825-832 'Get with the Program!': Pharmaceutical marketing, symptom checklists and self-diagnosis
by Ebeling, Mary
- 833-842 Listening to Lyrica: contested illnesses and pharmaceutical determinism
by Barker, Kristin K.
- 843-850 Patchwork diagnoses: The production of coherence, uncertainty, and manageable bodies
by Gardner, John & Dew, Kevin & Stubbe, Maria & Dowell, Tony & Macdonald, Lindsay
- 851-857 Making sure. A comparative micro-analysis of diagnostic instruments in medical practice
by Schubert, Cornelius
- 858-865 Diagnosis, psychiatry and neurology: The case of Huntington Disease
by Halpin, Michael
- 866-872 "Morphology is a witness which doesn't lie": Diagnosis by similarity relation and analogical inference in clinical forensic medicine
by Rees, Gethin
- 873-881 Medical residents' use of narrative templates in storytelling and diagnosis
by Davenport, Nancy H.M.
- 882-888 Biopolitical endpoints: Diagnosing a deserving British nuclear test veteran
by Trundle, Catherine
- 889-896 A disorder of anger and aggression: Children's perspectives on attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder in the UK
by Singh, Ilina
- 897-903 Cancer diagnosis as discursive capture: Phenomenological repercussions of being positioned within dominant constructions of cancer
by Willig, Carla
- 904-911 Managing hope, denial or temporal anomie? Informal cancer carers' accounts of spouses' cancer diagnoses
by Olson, Rebecca Eileen
- 912-921 Bad news and first impressions: Patient and family caregiver accounts of learning the cancer diagnosis
by Schaepe, Karen Sue
- 922-928 Talking about colds and flu: The lay diagnosis of two common illnesses among older British people
by Prior, Lindsay & Evans, Meirion R. & Prout, Hayley
- 929-938 Constructing illness: How the public in eight Western nations respond to a clinical description of "schizophrenia"
by Olafsdottir, Sigrun & Pescosolido, Bernice A.
- 939-943 From diagnosis to social diagnosis
by Brown, Phil & Lyson, Mercedes & Jenkins, Tania
2011, Volume 73, Issue 5
- 625-628 The promise of human rights for global health: A programmed deception? A commentary on Schrecker, Chapman, Labonté and De Vogli (2010) "Advancing health equity in the global market place: How human rights can help"
by Reubi, David
- 629-631 Health and human rights against the marketplace: A response to Reubi
by Schrecker, Ted & Chapman, Audrey R. & Labonte, Ronald & De Vogli, Roberto
- 632-635 Agency versus structure: Genetics, group membership, and a new twist on an old debate
by Angel, Ronald J.
- 636-638 Horses for courses: The need for pragmatism and realism as well as balance and caution. A commentary on Angel
by Craddock, Nick
- 639-642 Agency versus structure or nature versus nurture: When the new twist on an old debate is not that new after all: A commentary on Angel
by Fotaki, Marianna
- 643-644 A response to the commentaries by Craddock and Fotaki
by Angel, Ronald J.
- 645-654 What's at stake? Genetic information from the perspective of people with epilepsy and their family members
by Shostak, Sara & Zarhin, Dana & Ottman, Ruth
- 655-662 Institutional policy learning and public consultation: The Canadian xenotransplantation experience
by Jones, Mavis & Einsiedel, Edna
- 663-667 The relationship between social networks and pathways to kidney transplant parity: Evidence from black Americans in Chicago
by Browne, Teri
- 668-675 The problem of "significant risk": Exploring the public health impact of criminalizing HIV non-disclosure
by Mykhalovskiy, Eric
- 676-684 The perils of polycentric governance of infectious disease in South Africa
by Lieberman, Evan S.
- 685-692 Health and welfare effects of integrating AIDS treatment with food assistance in resource constrained settings: A systematic review of theory and evidence
by Tirivayi, Nyasha & Groot, Wim
- 693-701 Nothing can defeat combined hands (Abashize hamwe ntakibananira): Protective processes and resilience in Rwandan children and families affected by HIV/AIDS
by Betancourt, Theresa Stichick & Meyers-Ohki, Sarah & Stulac, Sara N. & Elizabeth Barrera, Amy & Mushashi, Christina & Beardslee, William R.
- 702-710 Out of the reach of children? Young people's health-seeking practices and agency in Africa's newly-emerging therapeutic landscapes
by Hampshire, Kate R. & Porter, Gina & Owusu, Samuel Asiedu & Tanle, Augustine & Abane, Albert
- 711-718 Early life undernutrition and chronic diseases at older ages: The effects of the Dutch famine on cardiovascular diseases and diabetes
by Portrait, France & Teeuwiszen, Erica & Deeg, Dorly
- 719-728 How physical activity shapes, and is shaped by, adolescent friendships
by de la Haye, Kayla & Robins, Garry & Mohr, Philip & Wilson, Carlene
- 729-736 Unfulfilled expectations and symptoms of depression among young adults
by Mossakowski, Krysia N.
- 737-743 Moving to Opportunity: Does long-term exposure to 'low-poverty' neighborhoods make a difference for adolescents?
by Leventhal, Tama & Dupéré, Véronique
- 744-751 Migration and mortality trajectories: A study of individuals born in the rural community of Överkalix, Sweden
by Tinghög, Petter & Carstensen, John & Kaati, Gunnar & Edvinsson, Sören & Sjöström, Michael & Bygren, Lars Olov
- 752-758 Sociodemographic and geographic variability in smoking in the U.S.: A multilevel analysis of the 2006-2007 Current Population Survey, Tobacco Use Supplement
by Chahine, T. & Subramanian, S.V. & Levy, J.I.
- 759-767 Religious social capital: Its measurement and utility in the study of the social determinants of health
by Maselko, Joanna & Hughes, Cayce & Cheney, Rose
- 768-774 Indices of socioeconomic position across the life course as predictors of coronary calcification in black and white men and women: Coronary artery risk development in young adults study
by Matthews, Karen A. & Schwartz, Joseph E. & Cohen, Sheldon
- 775-782 "He's more typically female because he's not afraid to cry": Connecting heterosexual gender relations and men's depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Kelly, Mary T. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Wong, Sabrina T.
- 783-792 Dyadic planning of health-behavior change after prostatectomy: A randomized-controlled planning intervention
by Burkert, Silke & Scholz, Urte & Gralla, Oliver & Roigas, Jan & Knoll, Nina
2011, Volume 73, Issue 4
- 483-490 Health status and health care utilization following collective trauma: A 3-year national study of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States
by Holman, E. Alison & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 491-497 Vulnerability to fat-stigma in women's everyday relationships
by Brewis, Alexandra A. & Hruschka, Daniel J. & Wutich, Amber
- 498-506 Labeling of mental disorders and stigma in young people
by Wright, Annemarie & Jorm, Anthony F. & Mackinnon, Andrew J.
- 507-514 Dichotomies of collectivism and individualism in bioethics: Selective abortion debates and issues of self-determination in Japan and 'the West'
by Kato, Masae & Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret
- 515-521 Theorising the 'human subject' in biomedical research: International clinical trials and bioethics discourses in contemporary Sri Lanka
by Sariola, Salla & Simpson, Bob
- 522-529 Innovation and the English National Health Service: A qualitative study of the independent sector treatment centre programme
by Turner, Simon & Allen, Pauline & Bartlett, Will & Pérotin, Virginie
- 530-534 Prevention better than cure? Health consumer and patients' organisations and public health
by Baggott, Rob & Jones, Kathryn L.
- 535-539 Physician-leaders and hospital performance: Is there an association?
by Goodall, Amanda H.
- 540-549 Bypassing health providers: The quest for better price and quality of health care in Chad
by Gauthier, Bernard & Wane, Waly
- 550-558 Dynamics of social health insurance development: Examining the determinants of Chinese basic health insurance coverage with panel data
by Liu, Jun-Qiang
- 559-567 Does the financial protection of health insurance vary across providers? Vietnam's experience
by Sepehri, Ardeshir & Sarma, Sisira & Oguzoglu, Umut
- 568-575 Mortality among the working age population receiving incapacity benefits in New Zealand, 1981-2004
by Shaw, Caroline & Blakely, Tony & Tobias, Martin
- 576-585 Trends in malnutrition among children in India: Growing inequalities across different economic groups
by Pathak, Praveen Kumar & Singh, Abhishek
- 586-594 The impact of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on immigrant health: Perceptions of immigrants in Everett, Massachusetts, USA
by Hacker, Karen & Chu, Jocelyn & Leung, Carolyn & Marra, Robert & Pirie, Alex & Brahimi, Mohamed & English, Margaret & Beckmann, Joshua & Acevedo-Garcia, Dolores & Marlin, Robert P.
- 595-603 Sex inequalities in physical and mental functioning of British, Finnish, and Japanese civil servants: Role of job demand, control and work hours
by Sekine, Michikazu & Tatsuse, Takashi & Kagamimori, Sadanobu & Chandola, Tarani & Cable, Noriko & Marmot, Michael & Martikainen, Pekka & Lallukka, Tea & Rahkonen, Ossi & Lahelma, Eero
- 604-614 Socioeconomic status and depression across Japan, Korea, and China: Exploring the impact of labor market structures
by Nishimura, Junko
- 615-622 Sex, stressful life events, and adult onset depression and alcohol dependence: Are men and women equally vulnerable?
by Slopen, Natalie & Williams, David R. & Fitzmaurice, Garrett M. & Gilman, Stephen E.
- 623-623 Corrigendum to: "Socioeconomic influences at different life stages on health in Guangzhou, China." [Social Science & Medicine, 72 (2011), 1884-1892]
by Elwell-Sutton, Timothy M. & Jiang, Chao Qiang & Zhang, Wei Sen & Cheng, Kar Keung & Lam, Tai Hing & Leung, Gabriel M. & Schooling, C.M.
2011, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 351-355 Has HIV/AIDS displaced other health funding priorities? Evidence from a new dataset of development aid for health
by Lordan, Grace & Tang, Kam Ki & Carmignani, Fabrizio
- 356-358 Apparent displacement of global health funding priorities: Time for some difficult decisions? A commentary on Lordan, Tang and Carmignani
by Berlan, David & Halperin, Daniel T.
- 359-366 Moving towards universal health insurance in China: Performance, issues and lessons from Thailand
by Li, Cheng & Yu, Xuan & Butler, James R.G. & Yiengprugsawan, Vasoontara & Yu, Min
- 367-374 From consent to institutions: Designing adaptive governance for genomic biobanks
by O'Doherty, Kieran C. & Burgess, Michael M. & Edwards, Kelly & Gallagher, Richard P. & Hawkins, Alice K. & Kaye, Jane & McCaffrey, Veronica & Winickoff, David E.
- 375-382 Diagnostic decision making: The last refuge for general practitioners?
by Weiss, Marjorie Cecilia
- 383-390 Exercising choice: The economic determinants of physical activity behaviour of an employed population
by Brown, Heather & Roberts, Jennifer
- 391-398 Adolescents' expectations for the future predict health behaviors in early adulthood
by McDade, Thomas W. & Chyu, Laura & Duncan, Greg J. & Hoyt, Lindsay T. & Doane, Leah D. & Adam, Emma K.
- 399-409 Workaholism and well-being among Japanese dual-earner couples: A spillover-crossover perspective
by Shimazu, Akihito & Demerouti, Evangelia & Bakker, Arnold B. & Shimada, Kyoko & Kawakami, Norito
- 410-420 Environmental justice and health: A study of multiple environmental deprivation and geographical inequalities in health in New Zealand
by Pearce, Jamie R. & Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Mitchell, Richard J. & Shortt, Niamh K.
- 421-428 Healthier before they migrate, less healthy when they return? The health of returned migrants in Mexico
by Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Massey, Douglas S.