Social Science & Medicine
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description
To be notified about new items in this series: Free volume/issue alert on ScienceDirect (see also NEP)
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: The email address of this editor does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Ellen Annandale to have the entry updated or send us the correct address.
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:socmed
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
More pages of listings: 0| 1| 2| 3| 4| 5| 6| 7| 8| 9| 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15| 16| 17| 18| 19| 20| 21| 22| 23| 24| 25| 26| 27| 28| 29| 30| 31| 32| 33| 34| 35| 36| 37| 38| 39| 40| 41| 42| 43| 44| 45| 46| 47| 48| 49| 50| 51| 52| 53| 54| 55| 56| 57| 58
2012, Volume 74, Issue 12
- 1939-1947 Family functioning as a mediator between neighborhood conditions and children's health: Evidence from a national survey in the United States
by Fan, Yingling & Chen, Qian
- 1948-1951 Socioeconomic status and cell aging in children
by Needham, Belinda L. & Fernandez, Jose R. & Lin, Jue & Epel, Elissa S. & Blackburn, Elizabeth H.
- 1952-1960 Social network influences on adolescent substance use: Disentangling structural equivalence from cohesion
by Fujimoto, Kayo & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1961-1967 Maternal religious attendance and low birth weight
by Burdette, Amy M. & Weeks, Janet & Hill, Terrence D. & Eberstein, Isaac W.
- 1968-1978 Decision aid tools to support women's decision making in pregnancy and birth: A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Dugas, Marylène & Shorten, Allison & Dubé, Eric & Wassef, Maggy & Bujold, Emmanuel & Chaillet, Nils
- 1979-1986 Childhood family income and life outcomes in adulthood: Findings from a 30-year longitudinal study in New Zealand
by Gibb, Sheree J. & Fergusson, David M. & Horwood, L. John
- 1987-1994 Beyond normality in the study of bereavement: Heterogeneity in depression outcomes following loss in older adults
by Galatzer-Levy, Isaac R. & Bonanno, George A.
- 1995-2004 The long-term impact of war on health and wellbeing in Northern Vietnam: Some glimpses from a recent survey
by Teerawichitchainan, Bussarawan & Korinek, Kim
- 2005-2011 Impact of war, religiosity and ideology on PTSD and psychiatric disorders in adolescents from Gaza Strip and South Lebanon
by Khamis, Vivian
- 2012-2019 Food insecurity, depression and the modifying role of social support among people living with HIV/AIDS in rural Uganda
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Bangsberg, David R. & Frongillo, Edward A. & Hunt, Peter W. & Muzoora, Conrad & Martin, Jeffrey N. & Weiser, Sheri D.
- 2020-2027 Stress associated with caregiving: An examination of the stress process model among Kenyan Luo elders
by Ice, Gillian H. & Sadruddin, Aalyia F.A. & Vagedes, Amy & Yogo, Jaja & Juma, Elizabeth
- 2028-2036 ‘Dying from’ to ‘living with’: Framing institutions and the coping processes of African American women living with HIV/AIDS
by Watkins-Hayes, Celeste & Pittman-Gay, LaShawnDa & Beaman, Jean
- 2037-2045 Pathways to care: Narratives of American Indian adolescents entering substance abuse treatment
by Novins, Douglas K. & Spicer, Paul & Fickenscher, Alexandra & Pescosolido, Bernice
- 2046-2052 Alienating evidence based medicine vs. innovative medical device marketing: A report on the evidence debate at a Wounds conference
by Madden, Mary
2012, Volume 74, Issue 11
- 1667-1674 Autism spectrum disorders: Toward a gendered embodiment model
by Cheslack-Postava, Keely & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1675-1683 Gender, health and theory: Conceptualizing the issue, in local and world perspective
by Connell, Raewyn
- 1684-1692 Sexing the baby: Part 1 – What do we really know about sex differentiation in the first three years of life?
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meghan
- 1693-1702 Sexing the baby: Part 2 applying dynamic systems theory to the emergences of sex-related differences in infants and toddlers
by Fausto-Sterling, Anne & Coll, Cynthia Garcia & Lamarre, Meaghan
- 1703-1711 The multidimensional relationship between early adult body weight and women’s childbearing experiences
by Frisco, Michelle L. & Weden, Margaret M. & Lippert, Adam M. & Burnett, Kristin D.
- 1712-1720 Women’s health, men’s health, and gender and health: Implications of intersectionality
by Hankivsky, Olena
- 1721-1728 The “new masculinity”: Addiction treatment as a reconstruction of gender in Puerto Rican evangelist street ministries
by Hansen, Helena
- 1729-1737 Sexuality and the limits of agency among South African teenage women: Theorising femininities and their connections to HIV risk practises
by Jewkes, R. & Morrell, R.
- 1738-1744 Hormones, context, and “Brain Gender”: A review of evidence from congenital adrenal hyperplasia
by Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1745-1753 The global reproductive health market: U.S. media framings and public discourses about transnational surrogacy
by Markens, Susan
- 1754-1764 Feeding her children, but risking her health: The intersection of gender, household food insecurity and obesity
by Martin, Molly A. & Lippert, Adam M.
- 1765-1773 The “knucklehead” approach and what matters in terms of health for formerly incarcerated Latino men
by Muñoz-Laboy, Miguel & Perry, Ashley & Bobet, Ilka & Bobet, Santos & Ramos, Hector & Quiñones, Francisco & Lloyd, Kaity
- 1774-1782 “They arrested me for loving a schoolgirl”: Ethnography, HIV, and a feminist assessment of the age of consent law as a gender-based structural intervention in Uganda
by Parikh, Shanti A.
- 1783-1790 Gender, health behavior, and intimate relationships: Lesbian, gay, and straight contexts
by Reczek, Corinne & Umberson, Debra
- 1791-1801 Triple jeopardy? Mental health at the intersection of gender, race, and class
by Rosenfield, Sarah
- 1802-1811 Who gains, who loses and how: Leveraging gender and class intersections to secure health entitlements
by Sen, Gita & Iyer, Aditi
- 1812-1816 Towards the inclusion of gender and sex in health research and funding: An institutional perspective
by Sharman, Zena & Johnson, Joy
- 1817-1824 Beyond a catalogue of differences: A theoretical frame and good practice guidelines for researching sex/gender in human health
by Springer, Kristen W. & Mager Stellman, Jeanne & Jordan-Young, Rebecca M.
- 1825-1832 Intersectionality and gender mainstreaming in international health: Using a feminist participatory action research process to analyse voices and debates from the global south and north
by Tolhurst, Rachel & Leach, Beryl & Price, Janet & Robinson, Jude & Ettore, Elizabeth & Scott-Samuel, Alex & Kilonzo, Nduku & Sabuni, Louis P. & Robertson, Steve & Kapilashrami, Anuj & Bristow, Katie & Lang, Raymond & Romao, Francelina & Theobald, Sally
- 1833-1841 Mississippi front-line recovery work after Hurricane Katrina: An analysis of the intersections of gender, race, and class in advocacy, power relations, and health
by Weber, Lynn & Hilfinger Messias, DeAnne K.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 10
- 1477-1485 Limits to evidence-based health policymaking: Policy hurdles to structural HIV prevention in Tanzania
by Hunsmann, Moritz
- 1486-1493 ‘Worse than HIV’ or ‘not as serious as other diseases’? Conceptualization of cervical cancer among newly screened women in Zambia
by White, Heather L. & Mulambia, Chishimba & Sinkala, Moses & Mwanahamuntu, Mulindi H. & Parham, Groesbeck P. & Moneyham, Linda & Grimley, Diane M. & Chamot, Eric
- 1494-1503 Psychosocial support intervention for HIV-affected families in Haiti: Implications for programs and policies for orphans and vulnerable children
by Smith Fawzi, Mary C. & Eustache, Eddy & Oswald, Catherine & Louis, Ermaze & Surkan, Pamela J. & Scanlan, Fiona & Hook, Sarah & Mancuso, Anna & Mukherjee, Joia S.
- 1504-1511 Interrelatedness of child health, protection and well-being: An application of the SAFE model in Rwanda
by Betancourt, Theresa S. & Williams, Timothy P. & Kellner, Sarah E. & Gebre-Medhin, Joy & Hann, Katrina & Kayiteshonga, Yvonne
- 1512-1519 HIV and tuberculosis: The construction and management of double stigma
by Daftary, Amrita
- 1520-1527 Attitudes and beliefs related to HIV/AIDS in urban religious congregations: Barriers and opportunities for HIV-related interventions
by Bluthenthal, Ricky N. & Palar, Kartika & Mendel, Peter & Kanouse, David E. & Corbin, Dennis E. & Derose, Kathryn Pitkin
- 1528-1535 ‘As a clinician, you are not managing lab results, you are managing the patient’: How the enactment of malaria at health facilities in Cameroon compares with new WHO guidelines for the use of malaria tests
by Chandler, Clare I.R. & Mangham, Lindsay & Njei, Abanda Ngu & Achonduh, Olivia & Mbacham, Wilfred F. & Wiseman, Virginia
- 1536-1543 The decision-making process of genetically at-risk couples considering preimplantation genetic diagnosis: Initial findings from a grounded theory study
by Hershberger, Patricia E. & Gallo, Agatha M. & Kavanaugh, Karen & Olshansky, Ellen & Schwartz, Alan & Tur-Kaspa, Ilan
- 1544-1551 Picturing obesity: Analyzing the social epidemiology of obesity conveyed through US news media images
by Gollust, Sarah E. & Eboh, Ijeoma & Barry, Colleen L.
- 1552-1559 ‘A real man smells of tobacco smoke’—Chinese youth's interpretation of smoking imagery in film
by Davey, Gareth & Zhao, Xiang
- 1560-1569 Trauma and suicide behaviour histories among a Canadian indigenous population: An empirical exploration of the potential role of Canada's residential school system
by Elias, Brenda & Mignone, Javier & Hall, Madelyn & Hong, Say P. & Hart, Lyna & Sareen, Jitender
- 1570-1577 Quality or quantity? Exploring the relationship between Public Open Space attributes and mental health in Perth, Western Australia
by Francis, Jacinta & Wood, Lisa J. & Knuiman, Matthew & Giles-Corti, Billie
- 1578-1583 Socioeconomic position and physical activity among women in Melbourne, Australia: Does the use of different socioeconomic indicators matter?
by Cleland, Verity & Ball, Kylie & Crawford, David
- 1584-1590 Social disorder, APOE-E4 genotype, and change in cognitive function among older adults living in Chicago
by Boardman, Jason D. & Barnes, Lisa L. & Wilson, Robert S. & Evans, Denis A. & de Leon, Carlos F. Mendes
- 1591-1601 A study of environmental influences on the well-being of individuals with psychiatric disabilities in Philadelphia, PA
by Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 1602-1609 OxyContin® as currency: OxyContin® use and increased social capital among rural Appalachian drug users
by Jonas, Adam B. & Young, April M. & Oser, Carrie B. & Leukefeld, Carl G. & Havens, Jennifer R.
- 1610-1621 Revisiting the immigrant paradox in reproductive health: The roles of duration of residence and ethnicity
by Urquia, Marcelo L. & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Heaman, Maureen I.
- 1622-1629 Health across early childhood and socioeconomic status: Examining the moderating effects of differential parenting
by Browne, Dillon T. & Jenkins, Jennifer M.
- 1630-1638 Socioeconomic disadvantage in adolescent women and metabolic syndrome in mid-adulthood: An examination of pathways of embodiment in the Northern Swedish Cohort
by Gustafsson, Per E. & Hammarström, Anne
- 1639-1643 Trust, self-rated health and mortality: A longitudinal study among ageing people in Southern Finland
by Nummela, Olli & Raivio, Risto & Uutela, Antti
- 1644-1651 The effect of differential eligibility for free GP services on GP utilisation in Ireland
by Nolan, Anne & Smith, Samantha
- 1652-1659 Residents' perceptions of effective community representation in local health decision-making
by Chung, Phillip & Grogan, Colleen M. & Mosley, Jennifer E.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 9
- 1311-1323 Vaginal practices as women's agency in Sub-Saharan Africa: A synthesis of meaning and motivation through meta-ethnography
by Martin Hilber, Adriane & Kenter, Elise & Redmond, Shelagh & Merten, Sonja & Bagnol, Brigitte & Low, Nicola & Garside, Ruth
- 1324-1330 Civil unrest and birthweight: An exploratory analysis of the 2007/2008 Kenyan Crisis
by Bell, Suzanne & Prata, Ndola & Lahiff, Maureen & Eskenazi, Brenda
- 1331-1341 Waiting times and socioeconomic status: Evidence from England
by Laudicella, Mauro & Siciliani, Luigi & Cookson, Richard
- 1342-1352 Untangling the associations among distrust, race, and neighborhood social environment: A social disorganization perspective
by Shoff, Carla & Yang, Tse-Chuan
- 1353-1361 The health implications of civic association in Russia
by Javeline, Debra & Brooks, Elizabeth
- 1362-1367 Network social capital, social participation, and physical inactivity in an urban adult population
by Legh-Jones, Hannah & Moore, Spencer
- 1368-1374 ‘On the street where you live’: Neighbourhood deprivation and quality of life among community-dwelling older people in Edinburgh, Scotland
by Mõttus, René & Gale, Catharine R. & Starr, John M. & Deary, Ian J.
- 1375-1384 Associations between perceived neighborhood environmental attributes and adults’ sedentary behavior: Findings from the USA, Australia and Belgium
by Van Dyck, Delfien & Cerin, Ester & Conway, Terry L. & De Bourdeaudhuij, Ilse & Owen, Neville & Kerr, Jacqueline & Cardon, Greet & Frank, Lawrence D. & Saelens, Brian E. & Sallis, James F.
- 1385-1393 Does SES explain more of the black/white health gap than we thought? Revisiting our approach toward understanding racial disparities in health
by Do, D. Phuong & Frank, Reanne & Finch, Brian Karl
- 1394-1401 Individual- and area-level unemployment influence smoking cessation among African Americans participating in a randomized clinical trial
by Kendzor, Darla E. & Reitzel, Lorraine R. & Mazas, Carlos A. & Cofta-Woerpel, Ludmila M. & Cao, Yumei & Ji, Lingyun & Costello, Tracy J. & Vidrine, Jennifer Irvin & Businelle, Michael S. & Li, Yisheng & Castro, Yessenia & Ahluwalia, Jasjit S. & Cinciripini, Paul M. & Wetter, David W.
- 1402-1406 Does the association between smoking and mortality differ by educational level?
by Charafeddine, Rana & Van Oyen, Herman & Demarest, Stefaan
- 1407-1417 Social integration in friendship networks: The synergy of network structure and peer influence in relation to cigarette smoking among high risk adolescents
by Lakon, Cynthia M. & Valente, Thomas W.
- 1418-1425 Tracing the origins of successful aging: The role of childhood conditions and social inequality in explaining later life health
by Brandt, Martina & Deindl, Christian & Hank, Karsten
- 1426-1434 Fiscal decentralisation and infant mortality rate: The Colombian case
by Soto, Victoria Eugenia & Farfan, Maria Isabel & Lorant, Vincent
- 1435-1443 Risk and protective factors for depression symptoms among children affected by HIV/AIDS in rural China: A structural equation modeling analysis
by Wang, Bo & Li, Xiaoming & Barnett, Douglas & Zhao, Guoxiang & Zhao, Junfeng & Stanton, Bonita
- 1444-1451 Longitudinal effects of health-harming and health-protective behaviors within adolescent romantic dyads
by Aalsma, Matthew C. & Carpentier, Melissa Y. & Azzouz, Faouzi & Fortenberry, J. Dennis
- 1452-1460 Adolescent expectations of early death predict young adult socioeconomic status
by Nguyen, Quynh C. & Hussey, Jon M. & Halpern, Carolyn T. & Villaveces, Andres & Marshall, Stephen W. & Siddiqi, Arjumand & Poole, Charles
- 1461-1468 Does attachment insecurity affect the outcomes of a multidisciplinary pain management program? The association between attachment insecurity, pain, disability, distress, and the use of opioids
by Andersen, Tonny Elmose
2012, Volume 74, Issue 8
- 1146-1154 Subjective social status and psychosocial and metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular disease among African Americans in the Jackson Heart Study
by Subramanyam, Malavika A. & Diez-Roux, Ana V. & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Sarpong, Daniel F. & Sims, Mario & Taylor, Herman A. & Williams, David R. & Wyatt, Sharon B.
- 1155-1162 Beyond the barriers: Racial discrimination and use of complementary and alternative medicine among Black Americans
by Shippee, Tetyana Pylypiv & Schafer, Markus H. & Ferraro, Kenneth F.
- 1163-1171 Internal displacement and health among the Palestinian minority in Israel
by Daoud, Nihaya & Shankardass, Ketan & O’Campo, Patricia & Anderson, Kim & Agbaria, Ayman K.
- 1172-1179 Gender-based violence and socioeconomic inequalities: Does living in more deprived neighbourhoods increase women’s risk of intimate partner violence?
by Kiss, Ligia & Schraiber, Lilia Blima & Heise, Lori & Zimmerman, Cathy & Gouveia, Nelson & Watts, Charlotte
- 1180-1192 A photovoice documentation of the role of neighborhood physical and social environments in older adults’ physical activity in two metropolitan areas in North America
by Mahmood, Atiya & Chaudhury, Habib & Michael, Yvonne L. & Campo, Michael & Hay, Kara & Sarte, Ann
- 1193-1203 The role of local food availability in explaining obesity risk among young school-aged children
by Lee, Helen
- 1204-1212 Do neighborhoods affect individual mortality? A systematic review and meta-analysis of multilevel studies
by Meijer, Mathias & Röhl, Jeannette & Bloomfield, Kim & Grittner, Ulrike
- 1213-1223 Mortality differences between the foreign-born and locally-born population in France (2004–2007)
by Boulogne, Roxane & Jougla, Eric & Breem, Yves & Kunst, Anton E. & Rey, Grégoire
- 1224-1231 Are recessions really good for your health? Evidence from Canada
by Ariizumi, Hideki & Schirle, Tammy
- 1232-1239 Spatial modeling of households’ knowledge about arsenic pollution in Bangladesh
by Sarker, M. Mizanur Rahman
- 1240-1250 Neighborhood drug markets: A risk environment for bacterial sexually transmitted infections among urban youth
by Jennings, Jacky M. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Salhi, Rama A. & Furr-Holden, C. Debra M. & Ellen, Jonathan M.
- 1251-1260 Addiction, agency, and the politics of self-control: Doing harm reduction in a heroin users’ group
by Gowan, Teresa & Whetstone, Sarah & Andic, Tanja
- 1261-1268 Adapting the minority stress model: Associations between gender non-conformity stigma, HIV-related stigma and depression among men who have sex with men in South India
by Logie, Carmen H. & Newman, Peter A. & Chakrapani, Venkatesan & Shunmugam, Murali
- 1269-1273 Graphic warning labels on plain cigarette packs: Will they make a difference to adolescents?
by McCool, Judith & Webb, Lisa & Cameron, Linda D. & Hoek, Janet
- 1274-1281 Frames and counter-frames giving meaning to dementia: A framing analysis of media content
by Van Gorp, Baldwin & Vercruysse, Tom
- 1282-1287 Medical end-of-life decisions: Does its use differ in vulnerable patient groups? A systematic review and meta-analysis
by Rietjens, Judith A.C. & Deschepper, Reginald & Pasman, Roeline & Deliens, Luc
- 1288-1296 Community mobilization to reduce postpartum hemorrhage in home births in northern Nigeria
by Prata, Ndola & Ejembi, Clara & Fraser, Ashley & Shittu, Oladapo & Minkler, Meredith
- 1297-1304 Knowledge mobilisation in healthcare: A critical review of health sector and generic management literature
by Ferlie, Ewan & Crilly, Tessa & Jashapara, Ashok & Peckham, Anna
- 1305-1309 Assessing public attitudes on the retention and use of residual newborn screening blood samples: A focus group study
by Rothwell, Erin & Anderson, Rebecca & Goldenberg, Aaron & Lewis, Michelle H. & Stark, Louisa & Burbank, Matthew & Wong, Bob & Botkin, Jeffrey R.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 7
- 949-957 Psychological pathways linking social support to health outcomes: A visit with the “ghosts” of research past, present, and future
by Uchino, Bert N. & Bowen, Kimberly & Carlisle, McKenzie & Birmingham, Wendy
- 958-965 Stress and health-related well-being among mothers with a low birth weight infant: The role of sleep
by Lee, Shih-Yu & Hsu, Hui-Chin
- 966-972 To have or not to have another child: Life cycle, health and cost considerations of Ghanaian women
by Kodzi, Ivy A. & Johnson, David R. & Casterline, John B.
- 973-981 The impact of birthplace on women’s birth experiences and perceptions of care
by Overgaard, Charlotte & Fenger-Grøn, Morten & Sandall, Jane
- 982-988 Decreased births among black female adolescents following school desegregation
by Liu, Sze Yan & Linkletter, Crystal D. & Loucks, Eric B. & Glymour, M. Maria & Buka, Stephen L.
- 989-996 Encouraging maternal health service utilization: An evaluation of the Bangladesh voucher program
by Nguyen, Ha T.H. & Hatt, Laurel & Islam, Mursaleena & Sloan, Nancy L. & Chowdhury, Jamil & Schmidt, Jean-Olivier & Hossain, Atia & Wang, Hong
- 997-1004 Interpretations of informed choice in antenatal screening: A cross-cultural, Q-methodology study
by Ahmed, Shenaz & Bryant, Louise D. & Tizro, Zahra & Shickle, Darren
- 1005-1012 “Because he has bought for her, he wants to sleep with her”: Alcohol as a currency for sexual exchange in South African drinking venues
by Watt, Melissa H. & Aunon, Frances M. & Skinner, Donald & Sikkema, Kathleen J. & Kalichman, Seth C. & Pieterse, Desiree
- 1013-1020 “I'm too used to it”: A longitudinal qualitative study of third year female medical students' experiences of gendered encounters in medical education
by Babaria, Palav & Abedin, Sakena & Berg, David & Nunez-Smith, Marcella
- 1021-1028 Disciplined doctors: The electronic medical record and physicians' changing relationship to medical knowledge
by Reich, Adam
- 1029-1036 Medical pluralism and medical marginality: Bone doctors and the selective legitimation of therapeutic expertise in India
by Lambert, Helen
- 1037-1044 The ambivalence of stigma and the double-edged sword of HIV/AIDS intervention in Burkina Faso
by Gausset, Quentin & Mogensen, Hanne Overgaard & Yameogo, Wambi Maurice Evariste & Berthé, Abdramane & Konaté, Blahima
- 1045-1052 ‘Everybody is moving on’: Infertility, relationality and the aesthetics of family among British-Pakistani Muslims
by Hampshire, Katherine R. & Blell, Mwenza T. & Simpson, Bob
- 1053-1061 Is parental socio-economic status related to the initiation of substance abuse by young people in an English city? An event history analysis
by Sutherland, Alex
- 1062-1072 Effects of length of stay and language proficiency on health care experiences among Immigrants in Canada and the United States
by Lebrun, Lydie A.
- 1073-1081 Obesity, SES, and economic development: A test of the reversal hypothesis
by Pampel, Fred C. & Denney, Justin T. & Krueger, Patrick M.
- 1082-1090 Place matters: Neighborhood deprivation and cardiometabolic risk factors in the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE)
by Laraia, Barbara A. & Karter, Andrew J. & Warton, E. Margaret & Schillinger, Dean & Moffet, Howard H. & Adler, Nancy
- 1091-1098 Income inequality and self-rated health in Stockholm, Sweden: A test of the ‘income inequality hypothesis’ on two levels of aggregation
by Rostila, Mikael & Kölegård, Maria L. & Fritzell, Johan
- 1099-1106 Multilevel analysis of income, income inequalities and health in Spain
by Karlsdotter, Kristina & Martín Martín, José J. & López del Amo González, M. Puerto
- 1107-1116 Marital dissolution and self-rated health: Age trajectories and birth cohort variations
by Liu, Hui
- 1117-1124 Comparing self-rated health and self-assessed change in health in a longitudinal survey: Which is more valid?
by Gunasekara, Fiona Imlach & Carter, Kristie & Blakely, Tony
- 1125-1129 Aspirin use and cardiovascular events in social networks
by Strully, Kate W. & Fowler, James H. & Murabito, Joanne M. & Benjamin, Emelia J. & Levy, Daniel & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 1130-1138 Project-induced displacement, secondary stressors, and health
by Cao, Yue & Hwang, Sean-Shong & Xi, Juan
2012, Volume 74, Issue 6
- 812-821 How is health-related “deservingness” reckoned? Perspectives from unauthorized im/migrants in Tel Aviv
by Willen, Sarah S.
- 822-829 Beyond welfare reform: Reframing undocumented immigrants’ entitlement to health care in the United States, a critical review
by Viladrich, Anahí
- 830-838 “Over-Foreignization” or “Unused Potential”? A critical review of migrant health in Germany and responses toward unauthorized migration
by Castañeda, Heide
- 839-845 Medical humanitarianism, human rights and political advocacy: The case of the Israeli Open Clinic
by Gottlieb, Nora & Filc, Dani & Davidovitch, Nadav
- 846-854 Deserving to a point: Unauthorized immigrants in San Francisco’s universal access healthcare model
by Marrow, Helen B.
- 858-863 Intangible obstacles: Health implications of stigmatization, structural violence, and fear among undocumented immigrants in France
by Larchanché, Stéphanie
- 864-872 Exploitation, vulnerability to tuberculosis and access to treatment among Uzbek labor migrants in Kazakhstan
by Huffman, Samantha A. & Veen, Jaap & Hennink, Monique M. & McFarland, Deborah A.
- 873-881 The clinical gaze in the practice of migrant health: Mexican migrants in the United States
by Holmes, Seth M.
- 882-886 Deservingness to state health services for South–South migrants: A preliminary study of Costa Rican providers’ views
by Goldade, Kate & Okuyemi, Kolawole S.
- 887-893 Undocumented immigrants and their use of medical services in Orange County, California
by Chavez, Leo R.
- 897-906 The impact of migration in all-cause mortality: The Turin Longitudinal Study, 1971–2005
by Rasulo, Domenica & Spadea, Teresa & Onorati, Roberta & Costa, Giuseppe
- 907-914 Loneliness, health, and mortality in old age: A national longitudinal study
by Luo, Ye & Hawkley, Louise C. & Waite, Linda J. & Cacioppo, John T.
- 915-922 Stereotypes of mental disorders differ in competence and warmth
by Sadler, Melody S. & Meagor, Elizabeth L. & Kaye, Kimberly E.
- 923-929 Socioeconomic status and the development of depressive symptoms from childhood to adulthood: A longitudinal analysis across 27 years of follow-up in the Young Finns study
by Elovainio, Marko & Pulkki-Råback, Laura & Jokela, Markus & Kivimäki, Mika & Hintsanen, Mirka & Hintsa, Taina & Viikari, Jorma & Raitakari, Olli T. & Keltikangas-Järvinen, Liisa
- 930-939 Social determinants of health – A question of social or economic capital? Interaction effects of socioeconomic factors on health outcomes
by Ahnquist, Johanna & Wamala, Sarah P. & Lindstrom, Martin
- 940-947 Community Health Workers in Brazil’s Unified Health System: A framework of their praxis and contributions to patient health behaviors
by Pinto, Rogério M. & da Silva, Sueli Bulhões & Soriano, Rafaela
2012, Volume 74, Issue 5
- 688-695 Economic growth and health progress in England and Wales: 160 years of a changing relation
by Tapia Granados, José A.
- 696-706 Social support, volunteering and health around the world: Cross-national evidence from 139 countries
by Kumar, Santosh & Calvo, Rocio & Avendano, Mauricio & Sivaramakrishnan, Kavita & Berkman, Lisa F.
- 707-714 Utilization of epidemiological research for the development of local public health policy in the Netherlands: A case study approach
by de Goede, Joyce & Putters, Kim & van Oers, Hans
- 715-723 Practitioner opinions on health promotion interventions that work: Opening the ‘black box’ of a linear evidence-based approach
by Kok, Maarten O. & Vaandrager, Lenneke & Bal, Roland & Schuit, Jantine
- 724-733 Coping with health care expenses among poor households: Evidence from a rural commune in Vietnam
by Nguyen, Kim Thuy & Hai Khuat, Oanh Thi & Ma, Shuangge & Pham, Duc Cuong & Hong Khuat, Giang Thi & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 734-743 Socioeconomic pathways to depressive symptoms in adulthood: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1979
by Quesnel-Vallée, Amélie & Taylor, Miles
- 744-752 Chinese and Korean immigrants’ early life deprivation: An important factor for child feeding practices and children’s body weight in the United States
by Cheah, Charissa S.L. & Van Hook, Jennifer
- 757-766 Protective factors and predictors of vulnerability to chronic stress: A comparative study of 4 communities after 7 years of continuous rocket fire
by Gelkopf, Marc & Berger, Rony & Bleich, Avraham & Silver, Roxane Cohen
- 767-774 Scientific tools, fake treatments, or triggers for psychological healing: How clinical trial participants conceptualise placebos
by Bishop, Felicity L. & Jacobson, Eric E. & Shaw, Jessica R. & Kaptchuk, Ted J.
- 775-782 A ‘beautiful death’: Mortality, death, and holidays in a Mexican municipality
by Wilches-Gutiérrez, José L. & Arenas-Monreal, Luz & Paulo-Maya, Alfredo & Peláez-Ballestas, Ingris & Idrovo, Alvaro J.
- 783-787 Therapeutic landscapes and postcolonial theory: A theoretical approach to medical tourism
by Buzinde, Christine N. & Yarnal, Careen
- 788-795 Medical ideology as a double-edged sword: The politics of cure and care in the making of Alzheimer’s disease
by Chaufan, Claudia & Hollister, Brooke & Nazareno, Jennifer & Fox, Patrick
- 796-804 ‘Doing the "Right" Thing’: How parents experience and manage decision-making for children’s ‘Normalising’ surgeries
by Nelson, Pauline Anne & Caress, Ann-Louise & Glenny, Anne-Marie & Kirk, Susan A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 4
- 466-473 Sociological autopsy: An integrated approach to the study of suicide in men
by Scourfield, Jonathan & Fincham, Ben & Langer, Susanne & Shiner, Michael
- 474-481 Better dead than dishonored: Masculinity and male suicidal behavior in contemporary Ghana
by Adinkrah, Mensah
- 482-489 Understanding boys’: Thinking through boys, masculinity and suicide
by Mac an Ghaill, Mairtin & Haywood, Chris
- 490-497 Reprint of: Bullying victimisation, self harm and associated factors in Irish adolescent boys
by McMahon, Elaine M. & Reulbach, Udo & Keeley, Helen & Perry, Ivan J. & Arensman, Ella
- 498-505 Suicidal action, emotional expression, and the performance of masculinities
by Cleary, Anne
- 506-514 “You feel like you can’t live anymore”: Suicide from the perspectives of Canadian men who experience depression
by Oliffe, John L. & Ogrodniczuk, John S. & Bottorff, Joan L. & Johnson, Joy L. & Hoyak, Kristy
- 515-522 Rural male suicide in Australia
by Alston, Margaret
- 523-529 Men’s sexual orientation and suicide: Evidence for U.S. adolescent-specific risk
by Russell, Stephen T. & Toomey, Russell B.
- 530-536 Suicide, social integration, and masculinity in the U.S. military
by Braswell, Harold & Kushner, Howard I.
- 537-545 Women at war: Understanding how women veterans cope with combat and military sexual trauma
by Mattocks, Kristin M. & Haskell, Sally G. & Krebs, Erin E. & Justice, Amy C. & Yano, Elizabeth M. & Brandt, Cynthia
- 546-553 Being differently the same: The mediation of identity tensions in the sharing of illness experiences
by Mazanderani, Fadhila & Locock, Louise & Powell, John
- 554-564 Determinants, self-management strategies and interventions for hope in people with mental disorders: Systematic search and narrative review
by Schrank, Beate & Bird, Victoria & Rudnick, Abraham & Slade, Mike
- 565-573 Rebelling against the brain: Public engagement with the ‘neurological adolescent’
by Choudhury, Suparna & McKinney, Kelly A. & Merten, Moritz
- 574-581 Understanding the outcomes of multi-centre clinical trials: A qualitative study of health professional experiences and views
by Lawton, Julia & Jenkins, Nicholas & Darbyshire, Julie & Farmer, Andrew & Holman, Rury & Hallowell, Nina
- 582-587 Key concepts relevant to quality of complex and shared decision-making in health care: A literature review
by Dy, Sydney M. & Purnell, Tanjala S.
- 588-596 Disability, participation, and subjective wellbeing among older couples
by Freedman, Vicki A. & Stafford, Frank & Schwarz, Norbert & Conrad, Frederick & Cornman, Jennifer C.
- 597-606 Social stratification and adolescent overweight in the United States: How income and educational resources matter across families and schools
by Martin, Molly A. & Frisco, Michelle L. & Nau, Claudia & Burnett, Kristin
- 607-615 Social strain and cortisol regulation in midlife in the US
by Friedman, Esther M. & Karlamangla, Arun S. & Almeida, David M. & Seeman, Teresa E.
- 616-624 Examining the differential association between self-rated health and area deprivation among white British and ethnic minority people in England
by Bécares, Laia & Nazroo, James & Albor, Christo & Chandola, Tarani & Stafford, Mai
- 625-636 Health disparities in mid-to-late life: The role of earlier life family and neighborhood socioeconomic conditions
by Johnson, Rucker C. & Schoeni, Robert F. & Rogowski, Jeannette A.
2012, Volume 74, Issue 3
- 273-280 Let’s dance: Organization studies, medical sociology and health policy
by Currie, Graeme & Dingwall, Robert & Kitchener, Martin & Waring, Justin
- 281-288 A critical account of the rise and spread of ‘leadership’: The case of UK healthcare
by Martin, Graham P. & Learmonth, Mark
- 289-296 Reactivity and reactions to regulatory transparency in medicine, psychotherapy and counselling
by McGivern, Gerry & Fischer, Michael D.
- 297-304 Exploring knowledge exchange: A useful framework for practice and policy
by Ward, Vicky & Smith, Simon & House, Allan & Hamer, Susan
- 305-312 Addressing complex healthcare problems in diverse settings: Insights from activity theory
by Greig, Gail & Entwistle, Vikki A. & Beech, Nic
- 313-322 Public, private, neither, both? Publicness theory and the analysis of healthcare organisations
by Anderson, Stuart
- 323-331 The effects of institutional change on geographic variation and health services use in the USA
by Nigam, Amit
- 332-339 Dialogues and dialetics: Limits to clinician–manager interaction in healthcare organizations
by MacIntosh, Robert & Beech, Nic & Martin, Graeme
- 340-347 A new mode of organizing in health care? Governmentality and managed networks in cancer services in England
by Ferlie, Ewan & Mcgivern, Gerry & FitzGerald, Louise
- 348-355 The role of the organizational champion in achieving health system change
by Hendy, Jane & Barlow, James
- 356-363 The role of institutional entrepreneurs in reforming healthcare
by Lockett, Andy & Currie, Graeme & Waring, Justin & Finn, Rachael & Martin, Graham
- 364-371 Lean in healthcare: The unfilled promise?
by Radnor, Zoe J. & Holweg, Matthias & Waring, Justin
- 372-380 Professional projects and institutional change in healthcare: The case of American dentistry
by Kitchener, Martin & Mertz, Elizabeth
- 381-389 The implementation of a global fund grant in Lesotho: Applying a framework on knowledge absorptive capacity
by Biesma, Regien & Makoa, Elsie & Mpemi, Regina & Tsekoa, Lineo & Odonkor, Philip & Brugha, Ruairi
- 390-398 Structural violence in long-term, residential care for older people: Comparing Canada and Scandinavia
by Banerjee, Albert & Daly, Tamara & Armstrong, Pat & Szebehely, Marta & Armstrong, Hugh & Lafrance, Stirling
- 399-407 State-level income inequality and family burden of US families raising children with special health care needs
by Parish, Susan L. & Rose, Roderick A. & Dababnah, Sarah & Yoo, Joan & Cassiman, Shawn A.
- 408-415 The pervasive effects of racism: Experiences of racial discrimination in New Zealand over time and associations with multiple health domains
by Harris, Ricci & Cormack, Donna & Tobias, Martin & Yeh, Li-Chia & Talamaivao, Natalie & Minster, Joanna & Timutimu, Roimata
- 416-424 Resilience from the point of view of older people: ‘There's still life beyond a funny knee’
by Wiles, Janine L. & Wild, Kirsty & Kerse, Ngaire & Allen, Ruth E.S.
- 425-433 “Back then” and “nowadays”: Social transition narratives in accounts of injecting drug use in an East European setting
by Rhodes, Tim & Bivol, Stela
- 434-443 Taming troubled teens: The social production of mental morbidity amongst young mothers in Pelotas, Brazil
by Béhague, D.P. & Gonçalves, H.D. & Gigante, D. & Kirkwood, B.R.
- 444-451 Altered social cohesion and adverse psychological experiences with chronic food insecurity in the non-market economy and complex households of Burkina Faso
by Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A.
- 452-459 Women’s social networks and birth attendant decisions: Application of the Network-Episode Model
by Edmonds, Joyce K. & Hruschka, Daniel & Bernard, H. Russell & Sibley, Lynn
2012, Volume 74, Issue 2
- 103-111 Domestic violence and child nutrition in Liberia
by Sobkoviak, Rudina M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Halim, Nafisa
- 112-119 Emotion awareness and coping in children with functional abdominal pain: A controlled study
by van der Veek, Shelley M.C. & Derkx, H.H.F. & de Haan, Else & Benninga, Marc A. & Boer, Frits
- 120-124 Maternal leave policies and vaccination coverage: A global analysis
by Daku, Mark & Raub, Amy & Heymann, Jody
- 125-134 Canaries in a coalmine: Immigration and overweight among Mexican-origin children in the US and Mexico
by Van Hook, Jennifer & Baker, Elizabeth & Altman, Claire E. & Frisco, Michelle L.
- 135-142 Household migration, social support, and psychosocial health: The perspective from migrant-sending areas
by Lu, Yao
- 143-149 Beyond symptoms: Defining primary care mental health clinical assessment priorities, content and process
by Lynch, Johanna M. & Askew, Deborah A. & Mitchell, Geoffrey K. & Hegarty, Kelsey L.
- 150-157 Five years later: Recovery from post traumatic stress and psychological distress among low-income mothers affected by Hurricane Katrina
by Paxson, Christina & Fussell, Elizabeth & Rhodes, Jean & Waters, Mary
- 158-166 Long-term association of economic inequality and mortality in adult Costa Ricans
by Modrek, Sepideh & Dow, William H. & Rosero-Bixby, Luis
- 167-175 Coupling infectious diseases, human preventive behavior, and networks – A conceptual framework for epidemic modeling
by Mao, Liang & Yang, Yan
- 176-184 Health information seeking and use outside of the medical encounter: Is it associated with race and ethnicity?
by Rooks, Ronica N. & Wiltshire, Jacqueline C. & Elder, Keith & BeLue, Rhonda & Gary, Lisa C.
- 185-195 Exploring the connections between HIV serostatus and individual, household, and community socioeconomic resources: Evidence from two population-based surveys in Kenya
by Ishida, Kanako & Arnold, Michael & Stupp, Paul & Kizito, Paul & Ichwara, Jared
- 196-201 Rising preterm birth rates, 1989–2004: Changing demographics or changing obstetric practice?
by VanderWeele, Tyler J. & Lantos, John D. & Lauderdale, Diane S.
- 202-210 Social capital and social inequality in adolescents’ health in 601 Flemish communities: A multilevel analysis
by De Clercq, B. & Vyncke, V. & Hublet, A. & Elgar, F.J. & Ravens-Sieberer, U. & Currie, C. & Hooghe, M. & Ieven, A. & Maes, L.