Lohnkostenzuschüsse und individuelle Arbeitslosigkeit : Analysen auf der Grundlage kombinierter Erhebungs- und Prozessdaten unter Anwendung von Propensity Score Matching (Wage subsidies and individual unemployment : analyses on the basisof combined survey and process data using propensity score matching)
Abstract"The paper presents results from a micro-econometric evaluation of targeted wage subsidies for the Federal Republic of Germany. The influence of wage subsidies on the periods of unemployment of the people participating in a wage subsidy programme is examined. The data basis is an IAB survey conducted for evaluation purposes in selected employment offices in early 1999. Information regarding the destination of participants and nonparticipants is obtained from the administrative data of the Federal Employment Service (Bundesanstalt für Arbeit). The selected methodical approach for estimating the effects of the subsidies takes into account the possible correlation of inflow probabilities and outcome variables. The results of the study indicate for all types of subsidies that on average the periods of unemployment of the assisted people are reduced as a result of the assistance. However, for the instruments that are more strongly oriented towards target groups the assistance periods or the subsequent compulsory employment periods are not yet over. For the instruments that are less strongly oriented towards target groups the estimated effects of the subsidies in many cases no longer differ significantly from zero following the end of the assistance periods." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its journal Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt– und Berufsforschung.
Volume (Year): 35 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Lohnkostenzuschuss - Auswirkungen; Arbeitslosigkeitsdauer; arbeitsmarktpolitische Maßnahme - Erfolgskontrolle;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998.
"Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies,"
NBER Working Papers
6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002. "Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002. "Propensity score matching methods for non-experimental causal studies," Discussion Papers 0102-14, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Dehejia, R.H. & Wahba, S., 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-Experimental Causal Studies," Discussion Papers 1998_02, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Lechner & Conny Wunsch, 2009. "Active labour market policy in East Germany," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 17(4), pages 661-702, October.
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Reinhard Hujer, 2002.
"Stand und Perspektiven der Evaluation der Aktiven Arbeitsmarktpolitik in Deutschland,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(2), pages 139-158, 05.
- Hujer, Reinhard & Fitzenberger, Bernd, 2002. "Stand und Perspektiven der Evaluation der aktiven Arbeitsmarktpolitik in Deutschland," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-13, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lechner, Michael, 1999. "Identification and Estimation of Causal Effects of Multiple Treatments Under the Conditional Independence Assumption," IZA Discussion Papers 91, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lechner, Michael, 1995. "Effects of continuous off-the-job training in East Germany after unification," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-27, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- repec:fth:coluec:9899-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert G. Fay, 1996. "Enhancing the Effectiveness of Active Labour Market Policies: Evidence from Programme Evaluations in OECD Countries," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 18, OECD Publishing.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.