Vermittlungsgutscheine und Beauftragungen Dritter im Vergleich (Job placement vouchers and the contracting out of placement services compared)
Abstract"This paper makes a direct comparison of the relative effectiveness of job placement vouchers and the contracting out of placement services. The study is based on the process data of the Federal Employment Agency (Bundesagentur für Arbeit) and refers to the year 2004. The proportion of people who are in employment subject to social security contributions during the six months following the use of the instruments is regarded as the target variable. The results of the microeconometric comparison indicate that placement vouchers have put back into work more unemployed people who are legally entitled to use both instruments than the contracting out of placement services." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its journal Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung – Journal for Labour Market Research.
Volume (Year): 39 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3/4 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franz, Wolfgang & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 2006.
"Reasons for Wage Rigidity in Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
NBER Working Papers
6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- Lechner, Michael, 1995. "Effects of continuous off-the-job training in East Germany after unification," ZEW Discussion Papers 95-27, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Gerfin, Michael & Lechner, Michael, 2000.
"Microeconometric Evaluation of the Active Labour Market Policy in Switzerland,"
IZA Discussion Papers
154, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Gerfin & Michael Lechner, 2002. "A Microeconometric Evaluation of the Active Labour Market Policy in Switzerland," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 854-893, October.
- Michael Pries & Richard Rogerson, 2005. "Hiring Policies, Labor Market Institutions, and Labor Market Flows," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(4), pages 811-839, August.
- Almus, Matthias & Egeln, Jürgen & Lechner, Michael & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Spengler, Hannes, 1998. "Die gemeinnützige Arbeitnehmerüberlassung in Rheinland-Pfalz: Eine ökonometrische Analyse des Wiedereingliederungserfolgs," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-36, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.