Big elephants in small ponds: Do large traders make financial markets more aggressive?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 52 (2005)
Issue (Month): 8 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcello Pericoli & Massimo Sbracia, 2001.
"A Primer on Financial Contagion,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
407, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 1999.
"Coordination Risk and the Price of Debt,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1241R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Feb 2002.
- Hyun Song Shin & Stephen Morris, 2001. "Coordination Risk and the Price of Debt," FMG Discussion Papers dp373, Financial Markets Group.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 1999. "Coordination Risk and the Price of Debt," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1241, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2000.
"Global Games: Theory and Applications,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1275R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Aug 2001.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2000. "Global Games: Theory and Applications," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1275, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun S Shin, 2001. "Global Games: Theory and Applications," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000001080, David K. Levine.
- Giancarlo Corsetti & Paolo Pesenti & Nouriel Roubini, 2001.
"The Role of Large Players in Currency Crises,"
NBER Working Papers
8303, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Andrew K. Rose, 2003. "Does It Pay to Defend against a Speculative Attack?," NBER Chapters, in: Managing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 61-86 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Christian Hellwig & Alessandro Pavan, 2003.
"Coordination and Policy Traps,"
NBER Working Papers
9767, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996.
"The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999. "The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aitor Erce, 2012. "Does the IMF´s official support affect sovereign bond maturities?," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 1231, Banco de Espa�a.
- Geir H. Bjønnes & Steinar Holden & Dagfinn Rime & Haakon O. Aa. Solheim, 2009.
"'Large' vs. 'Small' Players: A Closer Look at the Dynamics of Speculative Attacks,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2518, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bjönnes, Geir H. & Holden, Steinar & Rime, Dagfinn & Solheim, Haakon O.Aa., 2005. "'Large' vs. 'Small' Players: A Closer Look at the Dynamics of Speculative Attacks," SIFR Research Report Series 38, Institute for Financial Research.
- Geir H. Bjønnes & Steinar Holden & Dagfinn Rime & Haakon O.Aa. Solheim, 2005. "“Large” vs. “small” players: A closer look at the dynamics of speculative attacks," Working Paper 2005/13, Norges Bank.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Friedman, Daniel, 2009.
"Speculative attacks: A laboratory study in continuous time,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1064-1082, October.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Daniel Friedman, 2009. "Speculative Attacks: A Laboratory Study in Continuous Time," Working Papers 072009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Daniel Friedman, 2008. "Speculative Attacks: A Laboratory Study in Continuous Time," CESifo Working Paper Series 2420, CESifo Group Munich.
- Mei Li & Frank Milne, 2007. "The Role of Large Players in a Dynamic Currency Attack Game," Working Papers 1148, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Zwart, Sanne, 2007. "The mixed blessing of IMF intervention: Signalling versus liquidity support," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 149-174, July.
- Mei Li & Frank Milne, 2010. "A Large Trader in Bubbles and Crashes: an Application to Currency Attacks," Working Papers 1004, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Aitor Erce, 2012. "Does the IMF's official support affect sovereign bonds maturities?," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 128, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Fecht, Falko & Wedow, Michael, 2009. "The dark and the bright side of liquidity risks: evidence from open-end real estate funds in Germany," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,10, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Yunyong Thaicharoen & Sra Chuenchoksan & Ashvin Ahuja, 2007. "Big elephants in small ponds: Risk absorption, risk diversification and management of capital flows," Working Papers 2007-02, Economic Research Department, Bank of Thailand.
- Christina Bannier, 2007.
"Heterogeneous multiple bank financing: does it reduce inefficient credit-renegotiation incidences?,"
Financial Markets and Portfolio Management,
Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 445-470, December.
- Bannier, Christina E., 2007. "Heterogeneous multiple bank financing: does it reduce inefficient credit-renegotation incidences?," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 83, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Tarisa Watanagase, 2007. "Emerging markets in financial globalization: striking the right balance for liberalization," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.