Citations for "Trade without Law: Private-Order Institutions in Mexican California"
by Clay, Karen
- Schmidtchen, Dieter & Neunzig, Alexander R., 1997. "Trade, Trust And The Territoriality Of The Law," CSLE Discussion Paper Series 97-05, Saarland University, CSLE - Center for the Study of Law and Economics.
- Peter Leeson, 2007. "Efficient anarchy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Karen Clay & Gavin Wright, 2004. "Order Without Law? Property Rights During the California Gold Rush," Discussion Papers 03-033, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Koyama, Mark, 2012. "The Law and Economics of Private Prosecutions in Industrial Revolution England," MPRA Paper 40500, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sudha Narayanan, 2012. "Notional contracts: The Moral economy of contract farming arrangements in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-020, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00624288 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward Stringham, 2014. "Extending the Analysis of Spontaneous Market Order to Governance," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(2), pages 171-180, June.
- Peter Leeson, 2014. "Pirates, prisoners, and preliterates: anarchic context and the private enforcement of law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 365-379, June.
- Davis, Lewis S., 2006. "Growing apart: The division of labor and the breakdown of informal institutions," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 75-91, March.
- Daniel Smith, 2014. "Heterogeneity and exchange: Safe-conducts in Medieval Spain," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 183-197, June.
- Armelle Mazé, 2005. "Contract Law and the self-enforcing range of contracts in agriculture," Working Papers halshs-00354960, HAL.
- Skarbek, David, 2012. "Prison gangs, norms, and organizations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 96-109.
- Greif, Avner, 2008.
"Contract enforcement and institutions among the Maghribi Traders: Refuting Edwards and Ogilvie,"
9610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Avner Greif, 2008. "Contract Enforcement and Institutions among the Maghribi Traders: Refuting Edwards and Ogilvie," Discussion Papers 08-018, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Avner Greif, 2008. "Contract Enforcement and Institutions among the Maghribi Traders: Refuting Edwards and Ogilvie," CESifo Working Paper Series 2350, CESifo Group Munich.
- Marcus Noland & Stephan Haggard, 2012. "Networks, Trust, and Trade: The Microeconomics of China–North Korea Integration," Working Paper Series WP12-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Harry G. Broadman & James Anderson & Constantijn A. Claessens & Randi Ryterman & Stefka Slavova & Maria Vagliasindi & Gallina A. Vincelette, 2004. "Buildings Market Institutions in South Eastern Europe : Comparative Prospects for Investment and Private Sector Development," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14947, March.
- Jeremy Edwards & Sheilagh Ogilvie, 2008.
"Contract Enforcement, Institutions and Social Capital: the Maghribi Traders Reappraised,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2254, CESifo Group Munich.
- Jeremy Edwards & Sheilagh Ogilvie, 2012. "Contract enforcement, institutions, and social capital: the Maghribi traders reappraised," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 65(2), pages 421-444, 05.
- Edwards, J. & Ogilvie, S., 2009. "Contract Enforcement, Institutions and Social Capital: the Maghribi Traders Reappraised," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0928, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Belloc, Marianna, 2005. "Cross-Cultural Trade and Internal Institutional Stability," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1wj7v0sn, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- H. Sun & M. Bigoni, 2015. "A Fine Rule From a Brutish World? An Experiment on Endogenous Punishment Institution and Trust," Working Papers wp1031, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Ogilvie, Sheilagh & Carus, A.W., 2014. "Institutions and Economic Growth in Historical Perspective," Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 8, pages 403-513 Elsevier.
- Daron Acemoglu & Alexander Wolitzky, 2015. "Sustaining Cooperation: Community Enforcement vs. Specialized Enforcement," NBER Working Papers 21457, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Powell, Benjamin & Stringham, Edward, 2009.
"Public choice and the economic analysis of anarchy: a survey,"
26097, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Powell & Edward Stringham, 2009. "Public choice and the economic analysis of anarchy: a survey," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 140(3), pages 503-538, September.
- Powell, Benjamin & Stringham, Edward P., 2008. "Public Choice and the Economic Analysis of Anarchy: A Survey," Working Papers 2008-7, Suffolk University, Department of Economics.
- Deb, Rahul & Suri, Tavneet, 2013. "Endogenous emergence of credit markets: Contracting in response to a new technology in Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 268-283.
- Oladapo, A. & Shittu, A.M. & Agbonlahor, M.U. & Fapojuwo, O.E., 2012. "Credit Use and Production Efficiency of Cocoa Farms in Ondo State Nigeria," 2012 Eighth AFMA Congress, November 25-29, 2012, Nairobi, Kenya 159420, African Farm Management Association (AFMA).
- Tarbalouti, Essaid, 2011.
"Cessation de paiement et droit de la faillite en prespective historique : de l'Antiquité à nos jours
[Default and the law of Bankruptcy in historical perspective :the Antiquity to our days]," MPRA Paper 56216, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Stringham & Peter Boettke, 2006. "The failings of legal centralism for helping stock markets in transition," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(1), pages 22-34.
- Coyne, Christopher J. & Mathers, Rachel L., 2011.
"Rituals: An economic interpretation,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 74-84.
- Gagliardi, Francesca, 2008. "Institutions and economic change: A critical survey of the new institutional approaches and empirical evidence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 416-443, February.
- Scoppa Vincenzo, 2003.
"Contratti incompleti ed enforcement endogeno. Una rassegna della letteratura,"
Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 391-440.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2003.
"Contratti Incompleti Ed Enforcement Endogeno. Una Rassegna Della Letteratura
[Incomplete Contracts and Endogenous Enforcement. A Survey]," MPRA Paper 17284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2003. "Contratti Incompleti Ed Enforcement Endogeno. Una Rassegna Della Letteratura
- Avner Greif, 1997. "On the Social Foundations and Historical Development of Institutions that Facilitate Impersonal Exchange: From the Community Responsibility System to Individual Legal Responsibility in Pre-modern Euro," Working Papers 97016, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Baron, David P., 2001. "Private Ordering on the Internet: The eBay Community of Traders," Research Papers 1709, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Juan Alcacer & Paul Ingram, 2008. "Spanning the Institutional Abyss: The Intergovernmental Network and the Governance of Foreign Direct Investment," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-045, Harvard Business School.
- Peter Leeson, 2013. "Gypsy law," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 155(3), pages 273-292, June.
- Geoffrey Hodgson, 2002. "The Evolution of Institutions: An Agenda for Future Theoretical Research," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 111-127, June.
- Stringham, Edward, 2003. "The extralegal development of securities trading in seventeenth-century Amsterdam," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 321-344.
- Haggard, Stephan & Lee, Jennifer & Noland, Marcus, 2012.
"Integration in the absence of institutions: China–North Korea cross-border exchange,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 130-145.
- Marcus Noland & Stephan Haggard & Jennifer Lee, 2011. "Integration in the Absence of Institutions: China-North Korea Cross-Border Exchange," Working Paper Series WP11-13, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Annen, Kurt, 2003. "Social capital, inclusive networks, and economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 449-463, April.
- Peter Leeson & Christopher Coyne & Peter Boettke, 2006. "Converting social conflict: Focal points and the evolution of cooperation," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 137-147, June.
- Armelle Mazé & Claude Ménard, 2010. "Private ordering, collective action, and the self-enforcing range of contracts," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 131-153, February.
- Clay, Karen, 1997. "Trade, Institutions, and Credit," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 495-521, October.
- Rubin, Jared, 2010. "Bills of exchange, interest bans, and impersonal exchange in Islam and Christianity," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 213-227, April.
- repec:inr:wpaper:246085 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johnston, Michael & Kpundeh, Sahr J., 2004. "Building a clean machine : anti-corruption coalitions and sustainable reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3466, The World Bank.
- Clay, Karen & Wright, Gavin, 2005. "Order without law? Property rights during the California gold rush," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 155-183, April.
- Armelle Mazé & Claude Ménard, 2010. "Private Ordering, Collective Action, and the Self-Enforcing Range of Contracts. The Case of French Livestock Industry," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00624288, HAL.