The redistributive effect of health care finance in twelve OECD countries
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Cookson & Carol Proppper & Miqdad Asaria & Rosalind Raine, 2016. "Socioeconomic inequalities in health care in England," Working Papers 129cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2008.
"Redistribution, Horizontal Inequity, and Reranking: How to Measure Them Properly,"
Public Finance Review,
, vol. 36(5), pages 563-587, September.
- Ivica Urban & Peter J. Lambert, 2005. "Redistribution, horizontal inequity and reranking: how to measure them properly," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2005-12, University of Oregon Economics Department.
- Antonello Maruotti, 2008. "Fairness Of National Health Service In Italy: A Bivariate Correlated Random Effects Model," Working Papers 0308, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2008.
- Oliveira, Monica Duarte & Bevan, Gwyn, 2003. "Measuring geographic inequities in the Portuguese health care system: an estimation of hospital care needs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 277-293, December.
- Casey Mulligan & Tomas Philipson, "undated".
"Merit Motives and Government Intervention: Public Finance in Reverse,"
University of Chicago - Population Research Center
2000-03, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Tomas J. Philipson, 2000. "Merit Motives and Government Intervention: Public Finance in Reverse," NBER Working Papers 7698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thierry Debrand & Christine Sorasith, 2010. "Bouclier sanitaire : choisir entre égalité et équité ? Une analyse à partir du modèle ARAMMIS," Working Papers DT32, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Jun 2010.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Social health insurance reexamined," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(5), pages 503-517.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:189:y:2017:i:c:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ivonne Honekamp & Daniel Possenriede, 2008. "Redistributive effects in public health care financing," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 9(4), pages 405-416, November.
- Chunhuei Chi & Jwo-Leun Lee & Shu-Ling Tsai & Wen-Yi Chen, 2008. "Out-of-pocket payment for medical care under Taiwan's National Health Insurance system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(8), pages 961-975.
- Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & van der Burg, Hattem & Calonge, Samuel & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto, 1999. "Equity in the finance of health care: some further international comparisons1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 263-290, June.
- Carlos Bethencourt & Vincenzo Galasso, "undated".
"On the Political Complementarity between Health Care and Social Security,"
184, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Bethencourt Marrero, Carlos & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2001. "On the Political Complementarity Between Health Care and Social Security," CEPR Discussion Papers 2788, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2002. "Reflections on and alternatives to WHO's fairness of financial contribution index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 103-115.
- Ivica Urban, 2009. "Kakwani decomposition of redistributive effect: Origins, critics and upgrades," Working Papers 148, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Bowser, Diana M. & Mahal, Ajay, 2011.
"Guatemala: The economic burden of illness and health system implications,"
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 159-166.
- Bowser, Diana M. & Mahal, Ajay, 2011. "Guatemala: The economic burden of illness and health system implications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2-3), pages 159-166, May.
- Guillem Lopez-Casasnovas & Joan Costa-Font & Ivan Planas, 2005. "Diversity and regional inequalities in the Spanish 'system of health care services'," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 221-235.
- Pia Schneider & Kara Hanson, 2006. "Horizontal equity in utilisation of care and fairness of health financing: a comparison of micro-health insurance and user fees in Rwanda," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 19-31.
- Hussey, P. & Anderson, G. F., 2003. "A comparison of single- and multi-payer health insurance systems and options for reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 215-228, December.
- Jones, Andrew M. & Rice, Nigel & Robone, Silvana & Dias, Pedro Rosa, 2011.
"Inequality and polarisation in health systems' responsiveness: A cross-country analysis,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 616-625, July.
- Janoes, A & Rice, N & Robone, S & Rosa Dias, P, 2010. "Inequality and Polarisation in Health Systems’ Responsiveness: A Cross-Country Analysis," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 10/27, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & O'Donnell, Owen, 2008.
"Measurement and Explanation of Inequality in Health and Health Care in Low-Income Settings,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
DP2008/04, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen Oâ€™ Donnell, 2010. "Measurement and Explanation of Inequality in Health and Health Care in Low-Income Settings," Working Papers id:3177, eSocialSciences.
- Mitja Cok & Ivica Urban, 2007. "Distribution of Income and Taxes in Slovenia and Croatia," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 299-316.
- Cavagnero, Eleonora & Bilger, Marcel, 2010. "Equity during an economic crisis: Financing of the Argentine health system," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 479-488, July.
- Verbist, Gerlinde, 2004. "Redistributive effect and progressivity of taxes: an international comparison across the EU using EUROMOD," EUROMOD Working Papers EM5/04, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Wagstaff, Adam*Doorslaer, Eddy van, 2001. "Paying for health care : quantifying fairness, catastrophe, and impoverishment, with applications to Vietnam, 1993-98," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2715, The World Bank.
- Astrid Kiil & Kurt Houlberg, 2014. "How does copayment for health care services affect demand, health and redistribution? A systematic review of the empirical evidence from 1990 to 2011," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(8), pages 813-828, November.
- Isabelle Hirtzlin, 2010. "Attaining the "Health for all" commitment. Which model for health insurance ? Some lessons from the European and USA experiences," Working Papers hal-00942771, HAL.
- O'Donnell, Owen & van Doorslaer, Eddy & Rannan-Eliya, Ravi P. & Somanathan, Aparnaa & Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Akkazieva, Baktygul & Harbianto, Deni & Garg, Charu C. & Hanvoravongchai, Piya & Herrin, Ale, 2008. "Who pays for health care in Asia?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 460-475, March.
- Bilger, Marcel, 2008. "Progressivity, horizontal inequality and reranking caused by health system financing: A decomposition analysis for Switzerland," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1582-1593, December.
- Abu-Zaineh, Mohammad & Mataria, Awad & Luchini, Stéphane & Moatti, Jean-Paul, 2009. "Equity in health care finance in Palestine: The triple effects revealed," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 1071-1080, December.
- Mohammad Hajizadeh & Luke Brian Connelly & James Robert Gerard Butler, 2014. "Health Policy and Equity of Health Care Financing in Australia: 1973–2010," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(2), pages 298-322, June.
- Greß, Stefan & Okma, Kieke G. H. & Wasem, Jürgen, 2002. "Private health insurance in social health insurance countries: Market outcomes and policy implications," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 01/2002, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve & Barer, Morris & Reid, Robert J., 2011. "The redistributive effect of the move from age-based to income-based prescription drug coverage in British Columbia, Canada," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 185-194, July.
- Philip M. Clarke & Ulf-G Gerdtham & Luke B. Connelly, 2003. "A note on the decomposition of the health concentration index," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 511-516.
- Adam Wagstaff & Marcel Bilger & Zurab Sajaia & Michael Lokshin, 2011. "Health Equity and Financial Protection : Streamlined Analysis with ADePT Software," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2306.
- Mladovsky, Philipa & Mossialos, Elias, 2008. "A Conceptual Framework for Community-Based Health Insurance in Low-Income Countries: Social Capital and Economic Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 590-607, April.
- Thierry Debrand & Christine Sorasith, 2010. "Out-of-Pocket Maximum Rules under a Compulsatory Health Care Insurance Scheme: A Choice between Equality and Equity," Working Papers DT34, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Nov 2010.
- Bethencourt, Carlos & Galasso, Vincenzo, 2008. "Political complements in the welfare state: Health care and social security," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 609-632, April.
- Mónica Duarte Oliveira & Carlos Gouveia Pinto, 2005. "Health care reform in Portugal: an evaluation of the NHS experience," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(S1), pages 203-220.
- Isabelle Hirtzlin, 2010. "Attaining the "Health for all" commitment. Which model for health insurance ? Some lessons from the European and USA experiences," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00942771, HAL.
- Rothgang, Heinz & Cacace, Mirella, 2005. "Fair financing in Germany's public health insurance: income-related contributions or flat premiums," TranState Working Papers 26, University of Bremen, Collaborative Research Center 597: Transformations of the State.
- Carol Propper, 2001. "Expenditure on healthcare in the UK: a review of the issues," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 151-183, June.