Citations for "Careers in Ongoing Hierarchies"
by Dominique Demougin & Aloysius Siow
- Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1998. "German Job Mobility and Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 4, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Just, Richard E., 1995.
"Transactions Costs, Fads, and Politically Motivated Misdirection in Agricultural Research,"
197818, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Wallace HUFFMAN & Richard E. JUST, 1995. "Transaction Costs, Fads, And Politically Motivated Misdirection In Agricultural Research," Staff Papers 277, Iowa State University Department of Economics.
- Friebel, Guido & Magnac, Thierry, 2007. "Public Servants: a Competitive Advantage for Public Firms?," IDEI Working Papers 495, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Joao Ricardo Faria, 2000. "An Economic Analysis of the Peter and Dilbert Principles," Working Paper Series 101, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Dohmen, Thomas, 2003.
"Performance, Seniority and Wages: Formal Salary Systems and Individual Earnings Profiles,"
IZA Discussion Papers
935, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dohmen, Thomas J., 2004. "Performance, seniority, and wages: formal salary systems and individual earnings profiles," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 741-763, December.
- Oreopoulos, Philip & Heisz, Andrew, 2006. "Importance des signaux de competence pour l'obtention d'un emploi et de l'avancement," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 2006236f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Antonio Dias da Silva & Bas van der Klaauw, 2006.
"Wage Dynamics and Promotions inside and between Firms,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
06-084/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Bas Klaauw & António Dias da Silva, 2011. "Wage dynamics and promotions inside and between firms," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 1513-1548, October.
- Silva, António Dias da & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2006. "Wage Dynamics and Promotions Inside and Between Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 2351, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 1997. "Promotions, Skill Formation, and Earnings Growth in a Corporate Hierarchy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 347-384, September.
- Bac, Mehmet, 2000. "On-the-Job Specific Training and Efficient Screening," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(4), pages 681-701, October.
- Waldman, Michael, 1996. "Asymmetric learning and the wage/productivity relationship," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 419-429, December.
- Tervio, Marko, 2003. "Mediocrity in Talent Markets," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7411j2vx, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Robert Gibbons, 1996. "Incentives and Careers in Organizations," NBER Working Papers 5705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brösamle, Klaus J & Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2011.
"Paths to higher office: evidence from the Swedish Civil Service,"
Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies
2011:17, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Nordström Skans, Oskar & J. Brösamle, Klaus, 2011. "Paths to higher office: evidence from the Swedish Civil Service," Working Paper Series 2011:13, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné & Olivier Cadot, 1997.
"Career Concerns and the Acquisition of Firm-Specific Skills,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 97-19, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard & Cadot, Olivier, 2000. "Career Concerns and the Acquisition of Firm-Specific Skills," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 204-217, September.
- Ghosh, Suman, 2007.
"Job mobility and careers in firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 603-621, June.
- Brilon, Stefanie, 2015. "Job assignment with multivariate skills and the Peter Principle," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 112-121.
- Ariga, Kenn, 2006. "Horizontal transfer, vertical promotion, and evolution of firm organization," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 20-49, March.
- Robert Gibbons & Michael Waldman, 1998. "A Theory of Wage and Promotion Dynamics in Internal Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 6454, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xin Jin, 2014. "The Signaling Role of Not Being Promoted: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 0314, University of South Florida, Department of Economics.
- Bac, Mehmet & Saglam, Ismail, 1999. "Managerial defections, promotion criteria and firm growth," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(7), pages 917-940, October.
- Stefanie Brilon, 2010. "Job Assignment with Multivariate Skills," Working Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_25, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Siow, Aloysius & Zhu, Xiaodong, 1997. "The creation of plants and firms," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 141-178, November.
- repec:zbw:ifwedp:201242 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oreopoulos, Philip & Heisz, Andrew, 2006. "The Importance of Signalling in Job Placement and Promotion," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2006236e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Barlevy, Gadi & Neal, Derek, 2016. "Allocating Effort and Talent in Professional Labor Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 9858, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jin, Xin, 2014. "The Signaling Role of Note Being Promoted: Theory and Evidence," MPRA Paper 58484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demougin, Dominique & Siow, Aloysius, 1996. "Managerial husbandry and the dynamics of ongoing hierarchies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 1483-1499, August.