Horizontal transfer, vertical promotion, and evolution of firm organization
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gibbons, Robert & Katz, Lawrence F, 1991.
"Layoffs and Lemons,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(4), pages 351-380, October.
- Robert Gibbons & Lawrence Katz, 1989. "Layoffs and Lemons," NBER Working Papers 2968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gibbons, Robert & Katz, Lawrence F., 1991. "Layoffs and Lemons," Scholarly Articles 3442782, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert Gibbons & Lawrence F. Katz, 1989. "Layoffs and Lemons," Working Papers 629, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gibbons, R. & Katz, L.F., 1989. "Layoffs And Lemons," Working papers 531, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2001.
"Employer learning and the returns to schooling,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 161-180, May.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2000. "Employer Learning and the Returns to Schooling," IZA Discussion Papers 146, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas & Haisken-DeNew, John P, 2000. "Employer Learning And The Returns To Schooling," CEPR Discussion Papers 2445, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Devereux, Paul J, 2000. "Task Assignment over the Business Cycle," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(1), pages 98-124, January.
- Hildreth, Andrew K. G. & Ohtake, Fumio, 1998.
"Labor Demand and the Structure of Adjustment Costs in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 131-150, June.
- Hildreth, A-K-G & Ohtake, F, 1997. "Labor Demand and the Structure of Adjustment Costs in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0434, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Henry S. Farber & Robert Gibbons, 1996. "Learning and Wage Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1007-1047.
- Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Brunello, Giorgio, 1999.
"Fast track: is it in the genes? The promotion policy of a large Japanese firm,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 385-402, April.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 1997. "Fast Track: Is it in the Genes? The Promotion Policy of a Large Japanese Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 1622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Belzil, Christian, 2000. "Job Creation and Job Destruction, Worker Reallocation, and Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 183-203, April.
- Demougin, Dominique & Siow, Aloysius, 1994. "Careers in Ongoing Hierarchies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1261-1277, December.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Firm-specific Capital and Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1246-1260, December.
- Edward P. Lazear, 2001. "The Peter Principle: Promotions and Declining Productivity," NBER Working Papers 8094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Seltzer, Andrew & Merrett, David T, 2000. "Personnel Policies at the Union Bank of Australia: Evidence from the 1888-1900 Entry Cohorts," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(4), pages 573-613, October.
- Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John, 1999. "Gross job flows," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2711-2805 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Araki, Shota & Kawaguchi, Daiji & Onozuka, Yuki, 2016.
"University prestige, performance evaluation, and promotion: Estimating the employer learning model using personnel datasets,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 135-148.
- ARAKI Shota & KAWAGUCHI Daiji & ONOZUKA Yuki, 2015. "University Prestige, Performance Evaluation, and Promotion: Estimating the employer learning model using personnel datasets," Discussion papers 15027, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- SATO Kaori & HASHIMOTO Yuki & OWAN Hideo, 2017. "Gender Differences in Careers," Discussion papers 17051, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:20:y:2006:i:1:p:20-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.