Horizontal Transfer and Promotion: New Evidence and an Interpretation from the Perspective of Task-Specific Human Capital
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sasaki, Masaru & Takii, Katsuya & Wan, Junmin, 2012. "Horizontal Transfer and Promotion: New Evidence and an Interpretation from the Perspective of Task-Specific Human Capital," IZA Discussion Papers 6486, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Takii, Katsuya, 2008.
"Fiscal policy and entrepreneurship,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 592-608, March.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Entrepreneurship," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 698, Econometric Society.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Entrepreneurship," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 320, Econometric Society.
- Katsuya Takii, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Entrepreneurship," Macroeconomics 0406006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Wage Policy of a Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 921-955.
- Michael Waldman, 1984. "Job Assignments, Signalling, and Efficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 255-267, Summer.
- Christina Gathmann & Uta SchÃ¶nberg, 2010.
"How General Is Human Capital? A Task-Based Approach,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-49, January.
- Gathmann, Christina & Schönberg, Uta, 2007. "How General Is Human Capital? A Task-Based Approach," IZA Discussion Papers 3067, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert Gibbons & Michael Waldman, 2004. "Task-Specific Human Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 203-207, May.
- Katsuya Takii, 2003.
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 6(1), pages 80-98, January.
- Katsuya Takii, 2000. "Prediction Ability," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1411, Econometric Society.
- Robert Gibbons & Michael Waldman, 1999. "A Theory of Wage and Promotion Dynamics Inside Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1321-1358.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Internal Economics of the Firm: Evidence from Personnel Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 881-919.
- Gibbons, Robert & Waldman, Michael, 1999. "Careers in organizations: Theory and evidence," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 36, pages 2373-2437 Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsRotation; Promotion and Task-Specific Human Capital;
- J62 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Job, Occupational and Intergenerational Mobility; Promotion
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osp:wpaper:12e006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Akiko Murashita). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iposujp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.