Promotions, Skill Formation, and Earnings Growth in a Corporate Hierarchy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio, 1994.
"Earnings and Seniority in Japan. A Re-appraisal of the Existing Evidence and a Comparison with the UK,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Ariga, Kenn, 1997. "Earnings and seniority in Japan: A re-appraisal of the existing evidence and a comparison with the UK," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 47-69, March.
- Demougin, Dominique & Siow, Aloysius, 1994.
"Careers in Ongoing Hierarchies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1261-77, December.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 1985. "Corporate performance and managerial remuneration : An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 11-42, April.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1980.
"Experience, Performance, and Earnings,"
NBER Working Papers
0278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Authority, Control, and the Distribution of Earnings," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 311-323, Autumn.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Nishiyama, Yoshihiko, 1992.
"Corporate hierarchy, promotion, and firm growth: Japanese internal labor market in transition,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 440-471, December.
- Ariga, K. & Brunello, G., 1992. "Corporate Hierarchy, Promotion and Firm Growth: Japanese Internal Labor Market in Transition," ISER Discussion Paper 0272, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Sako, Mari & Dore, Ronald, 1988. "Teaching or Testing: The Role of the State in Japan," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 72-81, Autumn.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Wage Policy of a Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 921-955.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:11:y:1997:i:3:p:347-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.