Promotions, Skill Formation, and Earnings Growth in a Corporate Hierarchy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 11 (1997)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1980.
"Experience, Performance, and Earnings,"
NBER Working Papers
0278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dominique Demougin & Aloysius Siow, 1992.
"Careers in Ongoing Hierarchies,"
Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers
5, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Authority, Control, and the Distribution of Earnings," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 311-323, Autumn.
- Ariga, K. & Brunello, G., 1992.
"Corporate Hierarchy, Promotion and Firm Growth: Japanese Internal Labor Market in Transition,"
ISER Discussion Paper
0272, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Nishiyama, Yoshihiko, 1992. "Corporate hierarchy, promotion, and firm growth: Japanese internal labor market in transition," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 440-471, December.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio, 1994.
"Earnings and Seniority in Japan. A Re-appraisal of the Existing Evidence and a Comparison with the UK,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Ariga, Kenn, 1997. "Earnings and seniority in Japan: A re-appraisal of the existing evidence and a comparison with the UK," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 47-69, March.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Wage Policy of a Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 921-955.
- Sako, Mari & Dore, Ronald, 1988. "Teaching or Testing: The Role of the State in Japan," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 72-81, Autumn.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 1985. "Corporate performance and managerial remuneration : An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 11-42, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:11:y:1997:i:3:p:347-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.