Promotions, Skill Formation, and Earnings Growth in a Corporate Hierarchy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Nishiyama, Yoshihiko, 1992.
"Corporate hierarchy, promotion, and firm growth: Japanese internal labor market in transition,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 440-471, December.
- Ariga, K. & Brunello, G., 1992. "Corporate Hierarchy, Promotion and Firm Growth: Japanese Internal Labor Market in Transition," ISER Discussion Paper 0272, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1980. "Experience, Performance, and Earnings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(4), pages 703-736.
- George Baker & Michael Gibbs & Bengt Holmstrom, 1994. "The Wage Policy of a Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(4), pages 921-955.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Ariga, Kenn, 1997.
"Earnings and seniority in Japan: A re-appraisal of the existing evidence and a comparison with the UK,"
Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 47-69, March.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio, 1994. "Earnings and Seniority in Japan. A Re-appraisal of the Existing Evidence and a Comparison with the UK," CEPR Discussion Papers 974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1982. "Authority, Control, and the Distribution of Earnings," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(2), pages 311-323, Autumn.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 1985. "Corporate performance and managerial remuneration : An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 11-42, April.
- Demougin, Dominique & Siow, Aloysius, 1994. "Careers in Ongoing Hierarchies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1261-1277, December.
- Sako, Mari & Dore, Ronald, 1988. "Teaching or Testing: The Role of the State in Japan," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 72-81, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ariga, Kenn & Ohkusa, Yasushi & Brunello, Giorgio, 1999.
"Fast track: is it in the genes? The promotion policy of a large Japanese firm,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 385-402, April.
- Ariga, Kenn & Brunello, Giorgio & Ohkusa, Yasushi, 1997. "Fast Track: Is it in the Genes? The Promotion Policy of a Large Japanese Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 1622, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:11:y:1997:i:3:p:347-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.