Entry and shakeout in dynamic oligopoly
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Schmidt-Dengler, Philipp & Hünermund, Paul & Takahashi, Yuya, 2015. "Entry and Shakeout in Dynamic Oligopoly," VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112865, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ariel Pakes & Paul McGuire, 1994.
"Computing Markov-Perfect Nash Equilibria: Numerical Implications of a Dynamic Differentiated Product Model,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(4), pages 555-589, Winter.
- Paul McGuire & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "Computing Markov perfect Nash equilibria: numerical implications of a dynamic differentiated product model," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 58, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ariel Pakes & Paul McGuire, 1992. "Computing Markov Perfect Nash Equilibria: Numerical Implications of a Dynamic Differentiated Product Model," NBER Technical Working Papers 0119, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Klepper, Steven, 1996. "Entry, Exit, Growth, and Innovation over the Product Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 562-583, June.
- Horvath, Michael & Schivardi, Fabiano & Woywode, Michael, 2001. "On industry life-cycles: delay, entry, and shakeout in beer brewing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1023-1052, July.
- Klepper, Steven & Simons, Kenneth L, 1997. "Technological Extinctions of Industrial Firms: An Inquiry into Their Nature and Causes," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 379-460, March.
- Gowrisankaran, Gautam, 1999. "Efficient representation of state spaces for some dynamic models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(8), pages 1077-1098, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mitsuru Igami, 2018. "Industry Dynamics of Offshoring: The Case of Hard Disk Drives," American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 67-101, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2007.
"Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(3), pages 179-202, May.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2006. "Evolution on the Shoulders of Giants: Entrepreneurship and Firm Survival in the German Laser Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2005-20, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Klepper, Steven & Simons, Kenneth L., 2005. "Industry shakeouts and technological change," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 23-43, February.
- Geroski, P. A. & Mazzucato, M., 2001.
"Modelling the dynamics of industry populations,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 1003-1022, July.
- Geroski, Paul A & Mazzucato, Mariana, 2000. "Modelling the Dynamics of Industry Populations," CEPR Discussion Papers 2650, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mariana Mazzucato & Paul A Geroski, 2001. "Modelling the Dynamics of Industry Populations," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 37, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Hanazono, Makoto & Yang, Huanxing, 2009. "Dynamic entry and exit with uncertain cost positions," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 474-487, May.
- Rajshree Agarwal & Barry L. Bayus, 2002. "The Market Evolution and Sales Takeoff of Product Innovations," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(8), pages 1024-1041, August.
- Steven Klepper & Sally Sleeper, 2005. "Entry by Spinoffs," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1291-1306, August.
- Murata, Yasusada, 2007. "Taste heterogeneity and the scale of production: Fragmentation, unification, and segmentation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 135-160, July.
- Zhu Wang, 2007.
"Technological Innovation and Market Turbulence: The Dot-com Experience,"
Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 10(1), pages 78-105, January.
- Zhu Wang, 2005. "Technological innovation and market turbulence: the dot-com experience," Payments System Research Working Paper PSR WP 05-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Andrea Bonaccorsi & Paola Giuri, 2000. "Industry Life Cycle and the Evolution of an Industry Network," LEM Papers Series 2000/04, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Norman George & Pepall Lynne & Richards Daniel J, 2008. "Entrepreneurial First Movers, Brand-Name Fast Seconds, and the Evolution of Market Structure," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-26, October.
- Klette, Tor Jakob & Griliches, Zvi, 2000.
"Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 363-387, April.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1997. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 5945, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A QuUality LadderModel Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 6753, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1997. "Empirical Patters of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1795, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Zvi Griliches, 1997. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: A Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," Discussion Papers 188, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Zvi Griliches & Tor Jakob Klette, 1999. "Empirical patterns of firm growth and R&D investment: a quality ladder model interpretation," IFS Working Papers W99/25, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Klette, T.J. & Griliches, Z., 1998. "Empirical Patterns of Firm Growth and R&D Investment: a Quality Ladder Model Interpretation," Memorandum 23/1998, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Guido Buenstorf, 2016. "Schumpeterian incumbents and industry evolution," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 823-836, October.
- Menhart, Michael & Rennhak, Carsten, 2006. "Drivers of the lifecycle: the example of the German insurance industry," Reutlingen Working Papers on Marketing & Management 2006-03, Reutlingen University, ESB Business School.
- Brett Hollenbeck, 2020.
"Horizontal mergers and innovation in concentrated industries,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Hollenbeck, Brett, 2018. "Horizontal Mergers and Innovation in Concentrated Industries," MPRA Paper 90764, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Mark Satterthwaite, 2010. "Computable Markov‐perfect industry dynamics," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 41(2), pages 215-243, June.
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & ter Weel, Bas, 2010.
"Systems of Innovation,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 0, pages 1159-1180,
- Soete, Luc & Verspagen, Bart & Weel, Bas ter, 2009. "Systems of Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 2009-062, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bas ter Weel & L. Soete & B. Verspagen, 2010. "Systems of innovation," CPB Discussion Paper 138.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Götz, Georg & Ederington, Josh, 2017. "Leapfrogging: Time of Entry and Firm Productivity," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168126, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Daniela Grieco, 2007.
"The entrepreneurial decision: Theories, determinants and constraints,"
KITeS Working Papers
200, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised May 2007.
- Daniela Grieco, 2008. "The entrepreneurial decision: theories, determinants and constraints," LIUC Papers in Economics 207, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Werker, Claudia, 2000. "Market performance and competition: A product life cycle model," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 10/2000, University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Amir, Rabah & Halmenschlager, Christine & Jin, Jim, 2011. "R&D-induced industry polarization and shake-outs," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 386-398, July.
More about this item
KeywordsLife Cycle; Dynamic Oligopoly; Preemption; War of Attrition; Penicillin;
All these keywords.
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2015-01-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2015-01-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-DGE-2015-01-14 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-IND-2015-01-14 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:zewdip:14116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zemande.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.