Monitoring flexicurity policies in Europe from three different viewpoints
The notion of flexicurity promotes the idea of compensation of labour market deregulation (= flexibilization) with advantages in employment and social security. To monitor effects of flexicurity policies in Europe, flexicurity indicators are constructed. The European flexicurity polices are analyzed in the neo-liberal perspective, from the trade-unionist viewpoint, and within the conception of European welfare state. The empirical investigation shows that, contrary to political promises and theoretical considerations, the deregulation of European labour markets is absolutely predominating. To surmount this policy contradiction, a so called flexinsurance is proposed, meaning that the employer's contribution to social security should be proportional to the flexibility of the contract/risk of becoming unemployed.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 211 7778 0
Fax: +49 (0)211-7778-3124
Web page: http://www.boeckler.de/index_wsi.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olivier Blanchard & Jean Tirole, 2004. "The Optimal Design of Unemployment Insurance and Employment Protection. A First Pass," NBER Working Papers 10443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berndt Keller & Hartmut Seifert, 2005. "Atypical Employment and Flexicurity," management revue. Socio-economic Studies, Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 16(3), pages 304-323.
- Willem Adema & Maxime Ladaique, 2005. "Net Social Expenditure, 2005 Edition: More Comprehensive Measures of Social Support," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 29, OECD Publishing.
- Mau, Steffen, 2001. "Patterns of popular support for the welfare state: a comparison of the United Kingdom and Germany," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Social Structure and Social Reporting FS III 01-405, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Employment protection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-159, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wsidps:145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.