The rise of market-capitalism and the roots of anti-American terrorism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Meierrieks, Daniel & Krieger, Tim, 2014. "The Rise of Market-Capitalism and the Roots of Anti-American Terrorism," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100286, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Gassebner & Simon Luechinger, 2011.
"Lock, stock, and barrel: a comprehensive assessment of the determinants of terror,"
Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 235-261, December.
- Martin Gassebner & Simon Luechinger, 2011. "Lock, Stock, and Barrel: A Comprehensive Assessment of the Determinants of Terror," CESifo Working Paper Series 3550, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2011. "What causes terrorism?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 3-27, April.
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2007.
"Globalisation, Women's Economic Rights and Forced Labour,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(10), pages 1510-1535, October.
- Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2005. "Globalization, Women’s Economic Rights and Forced Labor," Labor and Demography 0509011, EconWPA.
- Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra, 2007. "Globalisation, women's economic rights and forced labour," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3053, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- William Shughart, 2006. "An analytical history of terrorism, 1945–2000," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 7-39, July.
- Walter Enders & Todd Sandler & Khusrav Gaibulloev, 2011. "Domestic Versus Transnational Terrorism: Data, Decomposition, and Dynamics," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(3), pages 319-337, May.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-438, July.
- Richard Kirk, 1983. "Political terrorism and the size of government: A positive institutional analysis of violent political activity," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-52, January.
- Eric Neumayer & Thomas Plümper, 2011. "Foreign terror on Americans," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(1), pages 3-17, January.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2012.
"Globalization, Economic Freedom, and Human Rights,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 56(3), pages 516-546, June.
- Dreher, Axel & Gassebner, Martin & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2010. "Globalization, economic freedom and human rights," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 115, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2010. "Globalization, Economic Freedom and Human Rights," CESifo Working Paper Series 3228, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Mousseau, 2011. "Urban poverty and support for Islamist terror: Survey results of Muslims in fourteen countries," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(1), pages 35-47, January.
- David Sobek & Alex Braithwaite, 2005. "Victim of Success: American Dominance and Terrorism," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 22(2), pages 135-148, April.
- Indra de Soysa & Hanne Fjelde, 2010. "Is the hidden hand an iron fist? Capitalism and civil peace, 1970-2005," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(3), pages 287-298, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haupt, Alexander & Krieger, Tim & Lange, Thomas, 2013. "Education policy, student migration, and brain gain," Discussion Paper Series 2013-05, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
More about this item
Keywordsterrorism; anti-Americanism; capitalism; market economy; globalization;
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- P10 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-22 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:wgspdp:201304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wffrede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.