The Rise of Capitalism and the Roots of Anti-American Terrorism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2015. "The rise of capitalism and the roots of anti-American terrorism," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 52(1), pages 46-61, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Mousseau & Demet Yalcin Mousseau, 2008. "The Contracting Roots of Human Rights," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 45(3), pages 327-344, May.
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2012.
"Globalization, Economic Freedom, and Human Rights,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution,
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 56(3), pages 516-546, June.
- Dreher, Axel & Gassebner, Martin & Siemers, Lars-H. R., 2010. "Globalization, economic freedom and human rights," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 115, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Axel Dreher & Martin Gassebner & Lars-H. R. Siemers, 2010. "Globalization, Economic Freedom and Human Rights," CESifo Working Paper Series 3228, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Mousseau, 2011. "Urban poverty and support for Islamist terror: Survey results of Muslims in fourteen countries," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(1), pages 35-47, January.
- Gerald Schneider & Nils Petter Gleditsch, 2010. "The Capitalist Peace: The Origins and Prospects of a Liberal Idea," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 107-114, May.
- Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2011. "What causes terrorism?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 3-27, April.
- Richard Kirk, 1983. "Political terrorism and the size of government: A positive institutional analysis of violent political activity," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-52, January.
- Gerald Schneider, 2014. "Peace through globalization and capitalism? Prospects of two liberal propositions," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 51(2), pages 173-183, March.
- Havard Hegre, 2000. "Development and the Liberal Peace: What Does it Take to be a Trading State?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 37(1), pages 5-30, January.
- Axel Dreher, 2006.
"Does globalization affect growth? Evidence from a new index of globalization,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1091-1110.
- Axel Dreher, 2005. "Does Globalization Affect Growth? Evidence from a new Index of Globalization," TWI Research Paper Series 6, Thurgauer Wirtschaftsinstitut, UniversitÃ¤t Konstanz.
- David Sobek & Alex Braithwaite, 2005. "Victim of Success: American Dominance and Terrorism," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 22(2), pages 135-148, April.
- José Cheibub & Jennifer Gandhi & James Vreeland, 2010. "Democracy and dictatorship revisited," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 143(1), pages 67-101, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eugen Dimant & Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2017.
"Negative Returns: U.S. Military Policy and Anti-American Terrorism,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6693, CESifo Group Munich.
- Eugen Dimant & Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2017. "Negative Returns: U.S. Military Policy and Anti-American Terrorism," Economics Working Papers 17106, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Dimant, Eugen & Krieger, Tim & Meierrieks, Daniel, 2017. "Negative returns: U.S. military policy and anti-american terrorism," Discussion Paper Series 2017-05, University of Freiburg, Wilfried Guth Endowed Chair for Constitutional Political Economy and Competition Policy.
- Meierrieks, Daniel & Krieger, Tim, 2015. "Modernization and Islamist Conflict," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113142, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordsterrorism; anti-Americanism; capitalism; market economy; globalization;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- F60 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_4887. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.