Finanzkrise, globale Liquidität und makroökonomischer Exit
A series of crises and emergency interest rate cuts has brought global interest rates towards zero and government debt to historical records. The paper discusses the exit options from unconventional monetary policies and unsustainable government debt. First, the paper sheds light on the probability of a coordinated monetary policy exit between the US and the euro area. Second, it discusses the options for a coordination of the supranational monetary policy with national fiscal policies in the European Monetary Union. Third, it analyses the fiscal activities of the European Central Bank in the context of sterilized outright government bond purchases. The paper concludes that - due to the complexity of the coordination task - the coordination of the non-exit is more likely than the coordination of the exit.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitätsstrasse 12, 45117 Essen|
Phone: 0201 - 183 3633
Fax: 0201 - 183 2292
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-due.de/en/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Claudio Borio & Piti Disyatat, 2009.
"Unconventional monetary policies: an appraisal,"
BIS Working Papers
292, Bank for International Settlements.
- Jean-Claude Trichet, 2009. "The ECB's Enhanced Credit Support," CESifo Working Paper Series 2833, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ronald Ian McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2008.
"China’s Exchange Rate Impasse and the Weak U.S. Dollar,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2386, CESifo Group Munich.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Schnabl, Gunther, 2008. "China's exchange rate impasse and the weak U.S. dollar," Working Papers 73, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Gunther Schnabl & Andreas Hoffmann, 2008.
"Monetary Policy, Vagabonding Liquidity and Bursting Bubbles in New and Emerging Markets: An Overinvestment View,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(9), pages 1226-1252, 09.
- Schnabl, Gunther & Hoffmann, Andreas, 2007. "Monetary Policy, Vagabonding Liquidity and Bursting Bubbles in New and Emerging Markets - An Overinvestment View," MPRA Paper 5201, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andreas Hoffmann & Gunther Schnabl, 2007. "Monetary Policy, Vagabonding Liquidity and Bursting Bubbles in New and Emerging Markets – An Overinvestment View," CESifo Working Paper Series 2100, CESifo Group Munich.
- Tesfaselassie, Mewael F., 2009.
"Looking forward: exiting unconventional monetary policy,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
32960, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tesfaselassie, Mewael F., 2009. "Looking forward: Exiting unconventional monetary policy," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 32849, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tesfaselassie, Mewael F., 2009. "Looking forward: Exiting unconventional monetary policy," Kiel Policy Brief 13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Belke, Ansgar & Rees, Andreas, 2009.
"The Importance of Global Shocks for National Policy Makers - Rising Challenges for Central Banks,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
135, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Ansgar Belke & Andreas Rees, 2009. "The Importance of Global Shocks for National Policymakers: Rising Challenges for Central Banks," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 922, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2009.
"Is Monetary Policy Effective during Financial Crises?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 573-577, May.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2009. "Is Monetary Policy Effective During Financial Crises?," NBER Working Papers 14678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlo Cottarelli & JosÃ© VinÃ£ls, 2009. "A Strategy for Renormalizing Fiscal and Monetary Policies in Advanced Economies," IMF Staff Position Notes 2009/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy, 2009.
"Using Inflation to Erode the U.S. Public Debt,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt6xf174rs, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rockett, Katharine E, 1988. "International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination When Policymakers Do Not Agree on the True Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 318-340, June.
- Schnabl, Gunther & Freitag, Stephan, 2010. "Reverse causality in global current accounts," Working Paper Series 1208, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:udewwd:184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.