Pure rank preferences and variation in risk-taking behavior
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stark, Oded & Budzinski, Wiktor & Jakubek, Marcin, 2019. "Pure Rank Preferences and Variation in Risk-Taking Behavior," IZA Discussion Papers 12637, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Oded Stark, 2019.
"On Social Preferences and the Intensity of Risk Aversion,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 86(3), pages 807-826, September.
- Stark, Oded, 2018. "On social preferences and the intensity of risk aversion," Discussion Papers 273146, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Stark, Oded, 2018. "On social preferences and the intensity of risk aversion," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 105, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Stark, Oded, 2019. "On Social Preferences and the Intensity of Risk Aversion," IZA Discussion Papers 12423, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1996.
"Satisfaction and comparison income,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 359-381, September.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1993. "Satisfaction and Comparison Income," Economics Discussion Papers 10018, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1994. "Satisfaction and comparison income," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9408, CEPREMAP.
- Gregory, Nathaniel, 1980. "Relative Wealth and Risk Taking: A Short Note on the Friedman-Savage Utility Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(6), pages 1226-1230, December.
- Robson, Arthur J, 1992. "Status, the Distribution of Wealth, Private and Social Attitudes to Risk," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 837-857, July.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- Weiss, Yoram & Fershtman, Chaim, 1998.
"Social status and economic performance:: A survey,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-5), pages 801-820, May.
- Weiss, Y. & Fershtman, C., 1997. "Social Status and Economic Performance: A Survey," Papers 19-97, Tel Aviv.
- Yoram Weiss & Chaim Fershtman, 1997. "Social Status and Economic Performance: A Survey," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 139, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Frank, Robert H, 1997. "The Frame of Reference as a Public Good," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1832-1847, November.
More about this item
KeywordsRank in the wealth distribution; Rank-based utility; Variation in risk-takingbehavior; Relative risk aversion;
- D01 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Behavior: Underlying Principles
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G41 - Financial Economics - - Behavioral Finance - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making in Financial Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EVO-2019-10-21 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2019-10-21 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2019-10-21 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-ORE-2019-10-21 (Operations Research)
- NEP-UPT-2019-10-21 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuewef:123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wftuede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.