Analysis of QoS Platform Cooperation Strategies
In this paper we present a value-oriented modeling approach fort he assessment of the QoS interconnected market. This approach is based on the economics of two-sided markets and takes cross-side market externalities between networks into account. The presented model comes along with a realistic number of players and a higher level of complexity, we are proposing the use of a bottom-up, agent-based model. The novel micro-level modelling approach enables the analysis of QoS interconnection strategies. This model can be used to analyze macro-level simulation results and derive implications for the network type specific optimal interconnection stratagies.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.itseurope.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robin S. Lee & Tim Wu, 2009. "Subsidizing Creativity through Network Design: Zero-Pricing and Net Neutrality," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(3), pages 61-76, Summer.
- Bolle Friedel & Heimel Jana, 2005. "A Fallacy of Dominant Price Vectors in Network Industries," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-8, September.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006.
"Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market,"
2006-122, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jahn, Eric & Prüfer, Jens, 2008. "Interconnection and competition among asymmetric networks in the Internet backbone market," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 243-256, September.
- Jahn, E. & Prüfer, J., 2006. "Interconnection and Competition Among Asymmetric Networks in the Internet Backbone Market," Discussion Paper 2006-033, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Crémer, Jacques & Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 1999.
"Connectivity in the Commercial Internet,"
IDEI Working Papers
87, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2000.
- Ioanna D.Constantiou & Costas A. Courcoubetis, 2002. "Information Asymmetry Models in the Internet Connectivity Market," Game Theory and Information 0207005, EconWPA.
- Winter, Eyal, 2002. "The shapley value," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 53, pages 2025-2054 Elsevier.
- Shenker, Scott & Clark, David & Estrin, Deborah & Herzog, Shai, 1996. "Pricing in computer networks: Reshaping the research agenda," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 183-201, April.
- David S. Evans & Richard Schmalensee, 2005.
"The Industrial Organization of Markets with Two-Sided Platforms,"
NBER Working Papers
11603, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Evans & Richard Schmalensee, 2007. "The Industrial Organization of Markets with Two-Sided Platforms," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 3.
- Cortade, Thomas, 2006. "A Strategic Guide on Two-Sided Markets Applied to the ISP Market," MPRA Paper 2602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Musacchio John & Schwartz Galina & Walrand Jean, 2009. "A Two-Sided Market Analysis of Provider Investment Incentives with an Application to the Net-Neutrality Issue," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Caillaud, Bernard & Jullien, Bruno, 2003. " Chicken & Egg: Competition among Intermediation Service Providers," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(2), pages 309-328, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:itse10:39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.