Promoting New Telecom Infrastructures
Promoting New Telecom Infrastructures examines how current telecom infrastructures are transforming from dedicated networks supporting either voice, data or broadcasting services to converged networks that support a wide variety of communication services, often denoted as Next Generation Networks (NGN). A current key challenge is therefore to define strategies, which can stimulate demand and investments in NGN in order to ensure development of adequate information infrastructures. With contributions from leading authorities in the field, this innovative book explores the three key themes related to this challenge and to strategies for the stimulation of demand and supply for NGN: strategies for expansion of broadband, pricing in NGN and development and pricing of mobile services.
|This book is provided by Edward Elgar Publishing in its series Books with number 14144 and published in 2010.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.e-elgar.com|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.e-elgar.com Email: |
|The following chapters of this book are listed in IDEAS:|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean‐Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2006.
"Two‐sided markets: a progress report,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(3), pages 645-667, 09.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2005. "Two-Sided Markets : A Progress Report," IDEI Working Papers 275, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jean Tirole & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2006. "Two-Sided Markets : A Progress Report," Post-Print hal-00173715, HAL.
- Christos Genakos & Tommaso Valletti, 2010. "Mobile Regulation and the ‘Waterbed’ Effect," Chapters,in: Promoting New Telecom Infrastructures, chapter 16 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mark Armstrong & Julian Wright, 2009. "Mobile Call Termination," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(538), pages 270-307, 06.
- Tommaso Valletti & George Houpis, 2005. "Mobile Termination: What is the “Right” Charge?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 235-258, November.
- Wright, Julian, 2002. "Access Pricing under Competition: An Application to Cellular Networks," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 289-315, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:elg:eebook:14144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Darrel McCalla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.