Development paths: A case for public investment as the alternative to the Washington Consensus
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2013. "The World Bank Annual Report 2013," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 16091, November.
- Dani Rodrik, 2008.
"Goodbye Washington Consensus, Hello Washington Confusion? A Review of the World Banks Economic Growth in the 1990s: Learning from a Decade of Reform,"
Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 55(2), pages 135-156, June.
- Dani Rodrik, 2006. "Goodbye Washington Consensus, Hello Washington Confusion? A Review of the World Bank's Economic Growth in the 1990s: Learning from a Decade of Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 973-987, December.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski & Max Büge & Monika Sztajerowska & Matias Egeland, 2013. "State-Owned Enterprises: Trade Effects and Policy Implications," OECD Trade Policy Papers 147, OECD Publishing.
- John Williamson, 2004. "The strange history of the Washington consensus," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 195-206.
- Peter Kriesler, 2011. "Post-Keynesian Perspectives on Economic Development and Growth," Discussion Papers 2012-04, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- John Marangos, 2014. "A Keynesian alternative to the Washington consensus policies for international development," International Journal of Trade and Global Markets, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 7(1), pages 67-85.
- Rodrik, Dani, 2004. "Industrial Policy for the Twenty-First Century," CEPR Discussion Papers 4767, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alfen, Hans Wilhelm & Kalidindi, Satyanarayana N. & Ogunlana, Stephen & Wang, ShouQing & Abednego, Martinus P. & Frank-Jungbecker, Andrea & Jan, Yu-Chien Amber & Ke, Yongjian & Liu, YuWen & Singh, L. , 2009. "Public-Private Partnership in infrastructure development: Case studies from Asia and Europe," Schriftenreihe der Professur Betriebswirtschaftslehre im Bauwesen / Series of the Chair Construction Economics, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Chair of Construction Economics, volume 7, number 7.
- Philippe Burger & Ian Hawkesworth, 2011. "How To Attain Value for Money: Comparing PPP and Traditional Infrastructure Public Procurement," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 91-146.
- Hyman P. Minsky, 1968. "Effects of Shifts of Aggregate Demand upon Income Distribution," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 50(2), pages 328-339.
- Herr, Hansjörg. & Schweisshelm, Erwin. & Vu, Truong-Minh., 2016. "The integration of Vietnam in the global economy and its effects for Vietnamese economic development," ILO Working Papers 994938592702676, International Labour Organization.
- Kuczynski, Pedro-Pablo & John Williamson (ed.), 2003. "After the Washington Consensus: Restarting Growth and Reform in Latin America," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 350, October.
- World Bank, 2014. "The World Bank Annual Report 2014 [Informe anual 2014 del Banco Mundial]," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 20093, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alvaro Cuervo-Cazurra & Luis Alfonso Dau, 2009. "Structural Reform and Firm Exports," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 479-507, September.
- Manuel R. Agosin, 2013. "Productive Development Policies in Latin America: Past and Present," Working Papers wp382, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Dau, Luis Alfonso & Purkayastha, Saptarshi & Eddleston, Kimberly A., 2020. "Who does it best? Family and nonfamily owners and leaders navigating institutional development in emerging markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 197-210.
- Reinsberg,Bernhard Wilfried & Michaelowa,Katharina & Knack,Stephen, 2015. "Which donors, which funds ? the choice of multilateral funds by bilateral donors at the World Bank," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7441, The World Bank.
- Mai, Nhat Chi, 2022. "Capital Raising and Management of Vietnamese Small and Medium Sized Enterprises after Integrating into Global Economy," OSF Preprints dv68m, Center for Open Science.
- Paula Hanasz, 2017. "A Little Less Conversation? Track II Dialogue and Transboundary Water Governance," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 296-309, May.
- Lodewijk Smets & Stephen Knack & Nadia Molenaers, 2013.
"Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs,"
The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 8(4), pages 447-476, December.
- Smets, Lodewijk & Knack, Stephen & Molenaers, Nadia, 2012. "Political ideology, quality at entry and the success of economic reform programs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6130, The World Bank.
- Rumen Dobrinsky, 2009. "The Paradigm of Knowledge-Oriented Industrial Policy," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 273-305, December.
- Alvaro CUERVO-CAZURRA & Luis Alfonso DAU, 2008. "Structural Reform And Firm Profitability In Developing Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp940, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Pipkin, Seth, 2011. "Local Means in Value Chain Ends: Dynamics of Product and Social Upgrading in Apparel Manufacturing in Guatemala and Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2119-2131.
- Tarek Roshdy Gebba, 2015. "Corporate Governance Mechanisms Adopted by UAE National Commercial Banks," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 5(5), pages 1-2.
- Fatma Dogruel & Suut Dogruel, 2011. "Privatization and regional distribution of manufacturing in Turkey," Working Papers 2011/4, Turkish Economic Association.
- Pekka Leviakangas & Pekka Kess & Jaakko Kujala, 2013. "Investment Analysis in Public-Private-Partnership Projects: Any Common Ground for Public and Private Investors?," Diversity, Technology, and Innovation for Operational Competitiveness: Proceedings of the 2013 International Conference on Technology Innovation and Industrial Management,, ToKnowPress.
- Mtro. JosÃ© Satsumi LÃ³pez-Morales & Dr. Jorge Alberto Wise-Lozano & JosÃ¨ G. Vargas-HernÃ ndez, M.B.A, Ph.D., 2014.
"Emerging Multinationals: Multilatinas,"
International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 4(4), pages 136-145, April.
- Mtro. JosÃ© Satsumi LÃ³pez-Morales & Dr. Jorge Alberto Wise-Lozano & JosÃ¨ G. Vargas-HernÃ ndez, M.B.A, Ph.D., 2014. "Emerging Multinationals: Multilatinas," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 4(4), pages 136-145, April.
- Sehleanu Mariana, 2015. "The Influence Of Home Country Macroeconomic Factors On Inward Cross-Border Mergers And Acquisitions: The Case Of Romania," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 584-592, July.
- Birdsall, Nancy & de la Torre, Augusto & Caicedo, Felipe Valencia, 2010. "The Washington consensus : assessing a damaged brand," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5316, The World Bank.
- Benhassine, Najy & Raballand, Gaël, 2009. "Beyond ideological cleavages: A unifying framework for industrial policies and other public interventions," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 293-309, December.
- Jigar D. Bhatt, 2022. "Are growth diagnostics biased against the poor? Evidence from the Millennium Challenge Corporation," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 40(2), March.
- Tengstam, Sven & Isaksson, Ann-Sofie, 2021. "Kill Your Darlings? Do New Aid Flows Help Achieve a Poverty Minimizing Allocation of Aid?," Working Paper Series 1415, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Pedro Vega-Marcote & Mercedes Varela-Losada & Pedro Álvarez-Suárez, 2015. "Evaluation of an Educational Model Based on the Development of Sustainable Competencies in Basic Teacher Training in Spain," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 7(3), pages 1-20, March.
More about this item
Keywordsdevelopment state; PPP; Washington Consensus; privatization; public investment; Beijing Consensus; SOEs;
All these keywords.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F52 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - National Security; Economic Nationalism
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-PKE-2018-10-22 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ipewps:1082018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iphwrde.html .
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iphwrde.html .