Local Means in Value Chain Ends: Dynamics of Product and Social Upgrading in Apparel Manufacturing in Guatemala and Colombia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dani Rodrik, 2008.
"Goodbye Washington Consensus, Hello Washington Confusion? A Review of the World Banks Economic Growth in the 1990s: Learning from a Decade of Reform,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 55(2), pages 135-156, June.
- Dani Rodrik, 2006. "Goodbye Washington Consensus, Hello Washington Confusion? A Review of the World Bank's Economic Growth in the 1990s: Learning from a Decade of Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 973-987, December.
- John Pickles & Adrian Smith & Milan Bucěk & Poli Roukova & Robert Begg, 2006. "Upgrading, changing competitive pressures, and diverse practices in the East and Central European apparel industry," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(12), pages 2305-2324, December.
- Berry, Albert & Thoumi, Francisco, 1977. "Import substitution and beyond: Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 89-109.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008.
"Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 39-58.
- Andrea Morrison & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2007. "Global Value Chains and Technological Capabilities: A Framework to Study Learning and Innovation in Developing Countries," Working Papers 117, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- Hans-Ulrich Derlien & B. Guy Peters, 2008. "Introduction," Chapters,in: The State at Work, Volume 2, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Frederick H Abernathy & Anthony Volpe & David Weil, 2006. "The future of the apparel and textile industries: prospects and choices for public and private actors," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(12), pages 2207-2232, December.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2005.
"Upgrading in Global Value Chains: Lessons from Latin American Clusters,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 549-573, April.
- Elisa Giuliani & Carlo Pietrobelli & Roberta Rabellotti, 2004. "Upgrading in global value chains: lessons from latin american clusters," Working Papers 72, SEMEQ Department - Faculty of Economics - University of Eastern Piedmont.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2002. "How does insertion in global value chains affect upgrading in industrial clusters?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(9), pages 1017-1027.
- Ponte, Stefano, 2002. "The 'Latte Revolution'? Regulation, Markets and Consumption in the Global Coffee Chain," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1099-1122, July.
- Dos Santos, Theotonio, 1970. "The Structure of Dependence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 231-236, May.
- Binnur Neidik & Gary Gereffi, 2006. "Explaining Turkey’s emergence and sustained competitiveness as a full-package supplier of apparel," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(12), pages 2285-2303, December.
- Bair, Jennifer & Gereffi, Gary, 2001. "Local Clusters in Global Chains: The Causes and Consequences of Export Dynamism in Torreon's Blue Jeans Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1885-1903, November.
- Gibbon, Peter, 2003. "The African Growth and Opportunity Act and the Global Commodity Chain for Clothing," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1809-1827, November.
- Bair, Jennifer & Peters, Enrique Dussel, 2006. "Global commodity chains and endogenous growth: Export dynamism and development in Mexico and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 203-221, February.
- Gereffi, Gary, 1999. "International trade and industrial upgrading in the apparel commodity chain," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-70, June.
- Lotte Thomsen, 2007. "Accessing global value chains? The role of business-state relations in the private clothing industry in Vietnam," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(6), pages 753-776, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:idb:idbbks:6668 is not listed on IDEAS
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Raveen Ekanayake, 2014. "Repositioning in the Global Apparel Value Chain in the Post-MFA Era: Strategic Issues and Evidence from Sri Lanka," Departmental Working Papers 2014-17, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Huasheng Zhu & Xue Huang & Qingcan He & Jie Li & Lingzhi Ren, 2016. "Sustaining Competitiveness: Moving Towards Upstream Manufacturing in Specialized-Market-Based Clusters in the Chinese Toy Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-19, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:176:d:64020 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:536-554 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rossi, Arianna, 2013. "Does Economic Upgrading Lead to Social Upgrading in Global Production Networks? Evidence from Morocco," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 223-233.
- Juan S. Blyde & Christian Volpe Martincus & Danielken Molina, 2014. "Fábricas sincronizadas: América Latina y el Caribe en la era de las Cadenas Globales de Valor," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 86755 edited by Juan S. Blyde, February.
More about this item
Keywordsglobal value chains; industrial upgrading; apparel manufacturing; Guatemala; Colombia; Latin America;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:39:y:2011:i:12:p:2119-2131. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .