Personelle Unternehmensverflechtung und Vorstandsgehälter
Personal linkage between the biggest German corporations is subject to a special survey by the monopoly-commission every two years. For the latest reporting year 2004 linkage-data is used to examine the impact of personal linkage on the compensation of management board members. The assumed positive coherence approves in two ways. First, compensation of management board members rises with the amount of corporation-linkages by additional supervisory board mandates of the individual members of the management board. Second, the degree of personal supervisory board linkage by multi-mandates has a positive impact on the remuneration of the management board members. Estimation results turn out to be very robust compared to model-variations on the one hand and influence of different control variables on the other hand.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitätsstr. 14-16, 48143 Münster|
Phone: 02 51 / 83-2 29 10
Fax: 02 51 / 83-2 83 99
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-muenster.de/ioeb/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raheja, Charu G., 2005. "Determinants of Board Size and Composition: A Theory of Corporate Boards," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(02), pages 283-306, June.
- Elston, Julie Ann & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 2003. "Executive compensation and agency costs in Germany," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1391-1410, July.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Bebchuk, Lucian Arye & Fried, Jesse, 2003.
"Executive Compensation as an Agency Problem,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3961, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2003.
"Boards of directors as an endogenously determined institution: a survey of the economic literature,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 7-26.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001. "Boards of Directors as an Endogenously Determined Institution: A Survey of the Economic Literature," NBER Working Papers 8161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Fried, Jesse M., 2003. "Executive Compensation as an Agency Problem," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt81q3136r, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Robert Chirinko & Julie Ann Elston, 2003.
"Finance, Control, and Profitability: The Influence of German Banks,"
0304, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Elston, Julie Ann, 2006. "Finance, control and profitability: the influence of German banks," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 69-88, January.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Julie Ann Elston, 2003. "Finance, Control, and Profitability: The Influence of German Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1073, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Julie Ann Elston, 2004. "Finance, Control, And Profitability: The Influence Of German Banks," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-26, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen & Allen Ferrell, 2009. "What Matters in Corporate Governance?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 783-827, February.
- Hallock, Kevin F., 1997. "Reciprocally Interlocking Boards of Directors and Executive Compensation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 331-344, September.
- Lucian Bebchuk, .
"The Costs of Entrenched Boards,"
American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings
1091, American Law & Economics Association.
- E. Roy Weintraub & Evelyn L. Forget, 2007. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 39(5), pages 1-6, Supplemen.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ioebdp:607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.