Personelle Unternehmensverflechtung und Vorstandsgehälter
Personal linkage between the biggest German corporations is subject to a special survey by the monopoly-commission every two years. For the latest reporting year 2004 linkage-data is used to examine the impact of personal linkage on the compensation of management board members. The assumed positive coherence approves in two ways. First, compensation of management board members rises with the amount of corporation-linkages by additional supervisory board mandates of the individual members of the management board. Second, the degree of personal supervisory board linkage by multi-mandates has a positive impact on the remuneration of the management board members. Estimation results turn out to be very robust compared to model-variations on the one hand and influence of different control variables on the other hand.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 02 51 / 83-2 29 10
Fax: 02 51 / 83-2 83 99
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-muenster.de/ioeb/en/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Raheja, Charu G., 2005. "Determinants of Board Size and Composition: A Theory of Corporate Boards," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(02), pages 283-306, June.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001.
"Boards of Directors as an Endogenously Determined Institution: A Survey of the Economic Literature,"
NBER Working Papers
8161, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benjamin E. Hermalin & Michael S. Weisbach, 2003. "Boards of directors as an endogenously determined institution: a survey of the economic literature," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Apr, pages 7-26.
- Hallock, Kevin F., 1997. "Reciprocally Interlocking Boards of Directors and Executive Compensation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 331-344, September.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Chirinko, Robert S. & Elston, Julie Ann, 2006.
"Finance, control and profitability: the influence of German banks,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 69-88, January.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Julie Ann Elston, 2004. "Finance, Control, And Profitability: The Influence Of German Banks," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-26, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Julie Ann Elston, 2003. "Finance, Control, and Profitability: The Influence of German Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 1073, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robert Chirinko & Julie Ann Elston, 2003. "Finance, Control, and Profitability: The Influence of German Banks," Emory Economics 0304, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- E. Roy Weintraub & Evelyn L. Forget, 2007. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 39(5), pages 1-6, Supplemen.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk & Jesse M. Fried, 2003.
"Executive Compensation as an Agency Problem,"
NBER Working Papers
9813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Elston, Julie Ann & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 2003. "Executive compensation and agency costs in Germany," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(7), pages 1391-1410, July.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Cohen, Alma, 2005.
"The costs of entrenched boards,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 409-433, November.
- Lucian Bebchuk, . "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1091, American Law & Economics Association.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen, 2004. "The Costs of Entrenched Boards," NBER Working Papers 10587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Alma Cohen & Allen Ferrell, 2009. "What Matters in Corporate Governance?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 783-827, February.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
NBER Working Papers
5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Bebchuk, Lucian A. & Fried, Jesse M., 2003. "Executive Compensation as an Agency Problem," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt81q3136r, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ioebdp:607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.