The health gradient and early retirement: Evidence from the German Socio-economic Panel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Keith A. Bender & Steffen Habermalz, 2008.
"Are There Differences in the Health- Socio-economic Status Relationship over the Life Cycle? Evidence from Germany,"
CEIS, vol. 22(1), pages 107-125, March.
- Bender, Keith A. & Habermalz, Steffen, 2005. "Are There Differences in the Health-Socioeconomic Status Relationship over the Life Cycle? Evidence from Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 1560, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, June.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Andrew M. Jones, 2004. "Income-related inequality in health and health care in the European Union," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 605-608.
- Kathleen McGarry, 2004.
"Health and Retirement: Do Changes in Health Affect Retirement Expectations?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(3).
- Kathleen McGarry, 2002. "Health and Retirement: Do Changes in Health Affect Retirement Expectations?," NBER Working Papers 9317, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaud, Pierre-Carl & van Soest, Arthur, 2008.
"Health and wealth of elderly couples: Causality tests using dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1312-1325, September.
- Michaud, Pierre-Carl & van Soest, Arthur, 2004. "Health and Wealth of Elderly Couples: Causality Tests Using Dynamic Panel Data Models," IZA Discussion Papers 1312, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michaud, P.C. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2008. "Health and wealth of elderly couples : Causality tests using dynamic panel data models," Other publications TiSEM fdba31e1-0443-4f73-b4cc-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Michaud, P.C. & van Soest, A.H.O., 2004. "Health and Wealth of Elderly Couples : Causality Tests Using Dynamic Panel Data Models," Discussion Paper 2004-81, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bernard M.S. van Praag & B.E. Baarsma, 2000. "The Shadow Price of Aircraft Noise Nuisance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-004/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Peter Adams & Michael D. Hurd & Daniel L. McFadden & Angela Merrill & Tiago Ribeiro, 2004.
"Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise? Tests for Direct Causal Paths between Health and Socioeconomic Status,"
NBER Chapters,in: Perspectives on the Economics of Aging, pages 415-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adams, Peter & Hurd, Michael D. & McFadden, Daniel & Merrill, Angela & Ribeiro, Tiago, 2003. "Healthy, wealthy, and wise? Tests for direct causal paths between health and socioeconomic status," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 3-56, January.
- repec:ran:wpaper:191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muurinen, Jaana-Marja & Le Grand, Julian, 1985. "The economic analysis of inequalities in health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1029-1035, January.
- Andrew M. Jones & Eddy van Doorslaer & Teresa Bago d'Uva & Silvia Balia & Lynn Gambin & Cristina Hernández Quevedo & Xander Koolman & Nigel Rice, 2006. "Health and Wealth: Empirical Findings and Political Consequences," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(s1), pages 93-112, May.
- James P. Smith, 1999. "Healthy Bodies and Thick Wallets: The Dual Relation between Health and Economic Status," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 145-166, Spring.
- Larsen, Mona & Datta Gupta, Nabanita, 2004. "The Impact of Health on Individual Retirement Plans: a Panel Analysis comparing Selfreported versus Diagnostic Measures," Working Papers 04-7, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Muurinen, Jaana-Marja, 1982. "Demand for health: A generalised Grossman model," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 5-28, May.
- Sikandar Siddiqui, 1997. "The impact of health on retirement behaviour: empirical evidence from West Germany," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 425-438.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hostenkamp, Gisela & Stolpe, Michael, 2008. "Optimal health and retirement policies amid population aging," Kiel Working Papers 1428, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsRetirement behaviour; Duration analysis; Germany; Health gradient;
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- H51 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Government Expenditures and Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:ifwkwp:1305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwkiede.html .