Competition in the market for supplementary health insurance: The case of competing nonprofit sickness funds
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Annika Herr, 2011.
"Quality and Welfare in a Mixed Duopoly with Regulated Prices: The Case of a Public and a Private Hospital,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 12(4), pages 422-437, November.
- Herr, Annika, 2010. "Quality and welfare in a mixed duopoly with regulated prices: The case of a public and a private hospital," DICE Discussion Papers 07, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Mathias Kifmann, 2006.
"Risk selection and complementary health insurance: The Swiss approach,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 151-170, June.
- Kifmann, Mathias, 2005. "Risk Selection and Complementary Health Insurance: The Swiss Approach," Discussion Papers, Series I 328, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Hansen, Bodil O. & Keiding, Hans, 2002. "Alternative health insurance schemes: a welfare comparison," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 739-756, September.
- Beitia, Arantza, 2003. "Hospital quality choice and market structure in a regulated duopoly," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 1011-1036, November.
- Danzon, Patricia M., 2002. "Welfare effects of supplementary insurance: a comment," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 923-926, September.
- Motta, Massimo, 1993. "Endogenous Quality Choice: Price vs. Quantity Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 113-131, June.
- Zhenhui Xu & Melissa Birch, 1999. "The Economic Performance of State-owned Enterprises in Argentina an Empirical Assessment," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 14(4), pages 355-375, June.
- Boom, Anette, 1995. "Asymmetric International Minimum Quality Standards and Vertical Differentiation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 101-119, March.
- Yasuo Sanjo, 2009. "Quality choice in a health care market: a mixed duopoly approach," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(2), pages 207-215, May.
- Toshihiro Matsumura & Noriaki Matsushima, 2004. "Endogenous Cost Differentials between Public and Private Enterprises: A Mixed Duopoly Approach," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(284), pages 671-688, November.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Cellini, Roberto & Siciliani, Luigi & Straume, Odd Rune, 2010. "Competition and quality in health care markets: A differential-game approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 508-523, July.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Kifmann, Mathias, 2002. "Community rating in health insurance and different benefit packages," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 719-737, September.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2003. "Mixed oligopoly and spatial agglomeration," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 36(1), pages 62-87, February.
- Mark V. Pauly, 2004. "Competition in Medical Services and the Quality of Care: Concepts and History," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 113-130, June.
- Aoki, Reiko & Prusa, Thomas J., 1997. "Sequential versus simultaneous choice with endogenous quality," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 103-121, February.
- de Fraja, Giovanni & Delbono, Flavio, 1989. "Alternative Strategies of a Public Enterprise in Oligopoly," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(2), pages 302-311, April.
More about this item
Keywordssupplementary health insurance; vertical differentiation; output maximization;
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-06-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HEA-2013-06-16 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2013-06-16 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hzvwps:25r. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fbhamde.html .