Finance, gender, and entrepreneurship: India’s informal sector firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gang, Ira N. & Natarajan, Rajesh Raj & Sen, Kunal, 2020. "Finance, Gender, and Entrepreneurship: India's Informal Sector Firms," IZA Discussion Papers 13854, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ira N. Gang & Rajesh Raj Natarajan & Kunal Sen, 2020. "Finance, gender, and entrepreneurship: India's informal sector firms," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-144, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
References listed on IDEAS
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc‐Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2008.
"Finance, Firm Size, and Growth,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 40(7), pages 1379-1405, October.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2004. "Finance, Firm Size, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 10983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Demirgüc-Kunt, A. & Laeven, L. & Levine, R., 2008. "Finance, firm size and growth," Other publications TiSEM 6e2b24b0-1f95-419b-96c5-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance, firm size, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3485, The World Bank.
- Pallavi Chavan, 2020. "Women’s Access to Banking in India: Policy Context, Trends, and Predictors," Journal, Review of Agrarian Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 7-36, January-J.
- Levenson, Alec R. & Maloney, William F., 1998. "The informal sector, firm dynamics, and institutional participation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1988, The World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jureviciene Daiva & Pupelyte Laura, 2013. "Forecasting of the Influence of Financial Institutions Loan Portfolio Change for the Economic Sectors of the Country," Creative and Knowledge Society, Sciendo, vol. 3(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Singer, Dorothe, 2013.
"Is Small Beautiful? Financial Structure, Size and Access to Finance,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 19-33.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Singer, Dorothe, 2011. "Is small beautiful ? financial structure, size and access to finance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5806, The World Bank.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2014. "Does local financial development matter for firm lifecycle in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7008, The World Bank.
- Myint Moe Chit, 2018. "Political openness and the growth of small and medium enterprises: empirical evidence from transition economies," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 55(2), pages 781-804, September.
- Knack, Steve & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2017.
"Unbundling institutions for external finance: Worldwide firm-level evidence,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 215-232.
- Knack,Stephen & Xu,L. Colin, 2015. "Unbundling institutions for external finance : worldwide firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7287, The World Bank.
- GarcÃa Cruz Gustavo Adolfo, 2008.
"Informalidad regional en Colombia. Evidencia y Determinantes,"
Revista Desarrollo y Sociedad, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE, February.
- Gustavo Adolfo García Cruz, 2008. "Informalidad regional en Colombia, evidencia y determinantes," Documentos de Trabajo - CIDSE 004608, Universidad del Valle - CIDSE.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & Reyes Aterido & Mary Hallward-Driemeier, 2007. "Clima de negocios y creación de empleo: El efecto del acceso al crédito, la corrupción y el marco regulatorio en el crecimiento de las empresas," Research Department Publications 4560, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2012.
"Risk capital, private credit, and innovative production,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 45(4), pages 1608-1639, November.
- James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2012. "Risk capital, private credit, and innovative production," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1608-1639, November.
- James B. Ang & Jakob B. Madsen, 2012. "Risk Capital, Private Credit And Innovative Production," Monash Economics Working Papers 08-12, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015.
"Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 30(2), pages 277-305.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2013. "Drivers of Entrepreneurship and Post-Entry Performance of Newborn Firms in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 7436, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Francesco Quatraro & Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Post-Print hal-01071511, HAL.
- Quatraro, Francesco & Vivarelli, Marco, 2014. "Drivers of entrepreneurship and post-entry performance of newborn firms in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7074, The World Bank.
- Agarwal, Natasha & Milner, Chris & Riaño, Alejandro, 2014.
"Credit constraints and spillovers from foreign firms in China,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 261-275.
- Natasha Agarwal & Chris Milner & Alejandro Riano, 2014. "Credit Constraints and Spillovers from Foreign Firms in China," Discussion Papers 2014/07, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009.
"Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence,"
Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 1(1), pages 287-318, November.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2009. "Finance and Inequality: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 15275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2009. "Finance and inequality : theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4967, The World Bank.
- Cunningham, Wendy V & Maloney, William F, 2001.
"Heterogeneity among Mexico's Microenterprises: An Application of Factor and Cluster Analysis,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 131-156, October.
- Cunningham, Wendy V. & Maloney, William F., 1998. "Heterogeneity among Mexico's micro-enterprises - an application of factor and cluster analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1999, The World Bank.
- Tatiana Didier & Ross Levine & Ruth Llovet Montanes & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2020. "Capital Market Financing and Firm Growth," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 166, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- O'Toole, Conor M. & Morgenroth, Edgar L.W. & Ha, Thuy T., 2016.
"Investment efficiency, state-owned enterprises and privatisation: Evidence from Viet Nam in Transition,"
Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 93-108.
- O'Toole, Conor & Morgenroth, Edgar & Ha, Thi Thu Thuy, 2015. "Investment Efficiency, State-Owned Enterprises and Privatisation: Evidence from Vietnam in Transition," Papers WP498, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Barbiero, Francesca & Popov, Alexander & Wolski, Marcin, 2020. "Debt overhang, global growth opportunities, and investment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 120(C).
- Mirzaei, Ali & Al-Khouri, Ritab Salem Farhan, 2016. "The resilience of oil-rich economies to the global financial crisis: Evidence from Kuwaiti financial and real sectors," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 93-108.
- Filipe, Sara Ferreira & Grammatikos, Theoharry & Michala, Dimitra, 2016.
"Forecasting distress in European SME portfolios,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 112-135.
- Michala, Dimitra & Grammatikos, Theoharry & Ferreira Filipe, Sara, 2013. "Forecasting distress in European SME portfolios," EIF Working Paper Series 2013/17, European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Ferreira Filipe, Sara & Grammatikos, Theoharry & Michala, Dimitra, 2014. "Forecasting Distress in European SME Portfolios," MPRA Paper 53572, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maloney, William F., 1998. "Are labor markets in developing countries dualistic?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1941, The World Bank.
- Jun Du & Sourafel Girma, 2009. "Source of Finance, Growth and Firm Size - Evidence from China," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2009-03, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Charalambos P. Charalambous & Marios C. Polemidiotis, 2017. "Wage Dynamics Network: SME Credit Constraints in Cyprus During the Period 2010-2013 and Effects on Employment, Wages and Prices," Cyprus Economic Policy Review, University of Cyprus, Economics Research Centre, vol. 11(2), pages 63-85, December.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurship; financial constraints; gender; informal sector; difference-indifferences; India;
All these keywords.
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CFN-2020-12-07 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ENT-2020-12-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-FDG-2020-12-07 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FLE-2020-12-07 (Financial Literacy & Education)
- NEP-IUE-2020-12-07 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2020-12-07 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2020-12-07 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:708. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/glaboea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.