What is the effect of foreign direct investment inflows on economic growth in Pakistan? An empirical analysis in the light of religious sectarianism as catalyst for terrorism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Zakaria, 2014. "Effects of Trade Liberalization on Exports, Imports and Trade Balance in Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(1), pages 121-139.
- AKBAR Minhas & AKBAR Ahsan, 2015. "An Empirical Analysis Of Foreign Direct Investment In Pakistan," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 10(1), pages 5-15, April.
- Abadie, Alberto & Gardeazabal, Javier, 2008. "Terrorism and the world economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Zeshan Atique & Mohsin Hasnain Ahmad & Usman Azhar, 2004. "The Impact of FDI on Economic Growth under Foreign Trade Regimes: A Case Study of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 707-718.
- Daniel Meierrieks & Thomas Gries, 2013. "Causality between terrorism and economic growth," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 50(1), pages 91-104, January.
- Syed Jawad Hussain Shahzad & Muhammad Zakaria & Mobeen Ur Rehman & Tanveer Ahmed & Bashir Ahmed Fida, 2016. "Relationship Between FDI, Terrorism and Economic Growth in Pakistan: Pre and Post 9/11 Analysis," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(1), pages 179-194, May.
- Quan Li & Drew Schaub, 2004. "Economic Globalization and Transnational Terrorism," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 48(2), pages 230-258, April.
- Zafar Iqbal & Ghulam Mustafa Zahid, 1998. "Macroeconomic Determinants of Economic Growth in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(2), pages 125-148.
- Gudaro, Amna Muhammad & Chhapra, Imran Umer & Sheikh, Salman Ahmed, 2012. "Impact of foreign direct investment on economic growth: A case study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 51069, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sundas Rauf & Rashid Mehmood & Aisha Rauf & Shafaqat Mehmood, 2016. "Integrated Model to Measure the Impact of Terrorism and Political Stability on FDI Inflows: Empirical Study of Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(4), pages 1-7, April.
- Johannes Mayr & Dirk Ulbricht, 2007. "Log versus level in VAR forecasting: 16 Million empirical answers - expect the unexpected," ifo Working Paper Series 42, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Sultan Mehmood, 2014.
"Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 509-534, October.
- Mehmood, Sultan, 2013. "Terrorism and the macroeconomy: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 44546, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kis-Katos, Krisztina & Liebert, Helge & Schulze, Günther G., 2011.
"On the origin of domestic and international terrorism,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(S1), pages 17-36.
- Krisztina Kis-Katos & Helge Liebert & Günther G. Schulze, 2010. "On the Origin of Domestic and International Terrorism," Discussion Paper Series 12, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised May 2010.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Anderson, Gary M, 1988. "Mr. Smith and the Preachers: The Economics of Religion in the Wealth of Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(5), pages 1066-1088, October.
- Ismail, Aisha & Amjad, Shehla, 2014. "Determinants of terrorism in Pakistan: An empirical investigation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 320-331.
- Haider, Murtaza & Anwar, Amar, 2014. "Impact of terrorism on FDI flows to Pakistan," MPRA Paper 57165, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tom Broekel & Thomas Brenner, 2011.
"Regional factors and innovativeness: an empirical analysis of four German industries,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(1), pages 169-194, August.
- Tom Broekel & Thomas Brenner, 2009. "Regional Factors and Innovativeness - An Empirical Analysis of Four German Industries," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0917, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2009.
- Juselius, Katarina, 2006. "The Cointegrated VAR Model: Methodology and Applications," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199285679.
- Caruso, Raul & Schneider, Friedrich, 2011. "The socio-economic determinants of terrorism and political violence in Western Europe (1994–2007)," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(S1), pages 37-49.
- Dr. Najia Saqib & Maryam Masnoon & Nabeel Rafique, 2013. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Economic Growth of Pakistan," Advances in Management and Applied Economics, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 1-3.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI inflows; Economic Growth; Sectarianism; Johansen Cointegration; Pakistan;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cessdp:59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/zohamde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.