Experimentation in Dynamic R&D Competition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dosis, Anastasios & Muthoo, Abhinay, 2019. "Experimentation in Dynamic R&D Competition," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1214, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Anastasios Dosis & Abhinay Muthoo, 2019. "Experimentation in Dynamic R&D Competition," Working Papers hal-02102518, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heidhues, Paul & Rady, Sven & Strack, Philipp, 2015.
"Strategic experimentation with private payoffs,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PA), pages 531-551.
- Heidhues, Paul & Rady, Sven & Strack, Philipp, 2012. "Strategic Experimentation with Private Payoffs," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 387, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Heidhues, Paul & Rady, Sven & Strack, Philipp, 2015. "Strategic Experimentation with Private Payoffs," CEPR Discussion Papers 10634, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rieck, Thomas, 2010. "Information Disclosure in Innovation Contests," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers 16/2010, University of Bonn, Bonn Graduate School of Economics (BGSE).
- DiMasi, Joseph A. & Hansen, Ronald W. & Grabowski, Henry G., 2003. "The price of innovation: new estimates of drug development costs," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 151-185, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gorno, Leandro & Iachan, Felipe S., 2020. "Competitive real options under private information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 185(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Maarten Ijzerman & Lotte Steuten, 2011. "Early assessment of medical technologies to inform product development and market access," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 9(5), pages 331-347, September.
- Holger Patzelt & Dean A. Shepherd, 2009. "Strategic Entrepreneurship at Universities: Academic Entrepreneursâ€™ Assessment of Policy Programs," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 33(1), pages 319-340, January.
- Patzelt, Holger & zu Knyphausen-Aufseß, Dodo & Fischer, Heiko T., 2009. "Upper echelons and portfolio strategies of venture capital firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 558-572, November.
- Keller, Godfrey & Novák, Vladimír & Willems, Tim, 2019.
"A note on optimal experimentation under risk aversion,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 476-487.
- Vladimir Novak & Tim Willems, 2018. "A Note on Optimal Experimentation under Risk Aversion," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp618, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Darius Lakdawalla & Neeraj Sood, 2007. "The Welfare Effects of Public Drug Insurance," NBER Working Papers 13501, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaustav Das, 2014. "Strategic Experimentation with Competition and Private Arrival of Information," Discussion Papers 1404, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Lorenz, Steffi, 2015. "Diversität und Verbundenheit der unternehmerischen Wissensbasis: Ein neuartiger Messansatz mit Indikatoren aus Innovationsprojekten," Discussion Papers on Strategy and Innovation 15-01, Philipps-University Marburg, Department of Technology and Innovation Management (TIM).
- Scherer, F.M., 2010. "Pharmaceutical Innovation," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 539-574, Elsevier.
- Garavaglia Christian & Malerba Franco & Orsenigo Luigi & Pezzoni Michele, 2014.
"Innovation and Market Structure in Pharmaceuticals: An Econometric Analysis on Simulated Data,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(2-3), pages 274-298, April.
- Christian Garavaglia & Franco Malerba & Luigi Orsenigo & Michele Pezzoni, 2014. "Innovation and Market Structure in Pharmaceuticals: An Econometric Analysis on Simulated Data," Post-Print halshs-01074524, HAL.
- Grabowski, Henry & Vernon, John & DiMasi, Joseph, 2002. "Returns on R&D for 1990s New Drug Introductions," Working Papers 02-21, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Ming Liu & Sumner LaCroix, 2011.
"The Impact of Stronger Property Rights in Pharmaceuticals on Innovation in Developed and Developing Countries,"
201116, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Ming Liu & Sumner La Croix, 2014. "The Impact of Stronger Property Rights in Pharmaceuticals on Innovation in Developed and Developing Countries," Working Papers 201407, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Ming Liu & Sumner La Croix, 2014. "The Impact of Stronger Property Rights in Pharmaceuticals on Innovation in Developed and Developing Countries," Working Papers 2014-12, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Edouard Debonneuil & Anne Eyraud-Loisel & Frédéric Planchet, 2018. "Can Pension Funds Partially Manage Longevity Risk by Investing in a Longevity Megafund?," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-27, July.
- Eric Budish & Benjamin Roin & Heidi Williams, 2013. "Do fixed patent terms distort innovation? Evidence from cancer clinical trials," Discussion Papers 13-001, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Waters, James, 2014. "Introduction of innovations during the 2007-8 financial crisis: US companies compared with universities," MPRA Paper 59016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wolfgang Hein & Lars Kohlmorgen, 2005.
"Global Health Governance: Conflicts on Global Social Rights,"
0509001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hein, Wolfgang & Kohlmorgen, Lars, 2005. "Global Health Governance: Conflicts on Global Social Rights," GIGA Working Papers 7, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Versaevel, Bruno, 2019.
"One lab, two firms, many possibilities: On R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 260-283.
- Billette de Villemeur, Etienne & Versaevel, Bruno, 2017. "One Lab, Two Firms, Many Possibilities: on R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," MPRA Paper 76903, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Bruno Versaevel, 2019. "One Lab, Two Firms, Many Possibilities: on R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," Post-Print hal-02107357, HAL.
- Etienne Billette de Villemeur & Bruno Versaevel, 2019. "One lab, two firms, many possibilities : On R&D outsourcing in the biopharmaceutical industry," Post-Print hal-02312319, HAL.
- Gnanaraj Chellaraj & Keith E. Maskus & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008. "The Contribution of International Graduate Students to US Innovation," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 444-462, August.
- Jommi, Claudio & Paruzzolo, Silvia, 2007. "Public administration and R&D localisation by pharmaceutical and biotech companies: A theoretical framework and the Italian case-study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 117-130, April.
- Nebibe Varol & Joan Costa-i-Font & Alistair McGuire, 2011. "Explaining Early Adoption on New Medicines: Regulation, Innovation and Scale," CESifo Working Paper Series 3459, CESifo.
- Joseph P. Cook & Joseph Golec, 2017. "How excluding some benefits from value assessment of new drugs impacts innovation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(12), pages 1813-1825, December.
More about this item
KeywordsExperimentation ; learning ; dynamic R&D competition ; inefﬁciency Jel Classification: C73 ; D83 ; O31 ; O32;
All these keywords.
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-07-22 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-GTH-2019-07-22 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2019-07-22 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wrk:wcreta:52. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Margaret Nash). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.