Coordination, Cooperation, And The Extended Coasean Approach To Economic Policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cooper,Russell, 1999. "Coordination Games," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521578967.
- Dixit, Avinash & Olson, Mancur, 2000.
"Does voluntary participation undermine the Coase Theorem?,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 309-335, June.
- Avinash Dixit & Mancur Olson, 1997. "Does Voluntary Participation Undermine the Coase Theorem?," CESifo Working Paper Series 139, CESifo.
- Silvestre, Joaquim, 1993.
"The Market-Power Foundations of Macroeconomic Policy,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(1), pages 105-141, March.
- Silvestre, J., 1991. "The Market-Power Foundations of Macroeconomic Policy," Papers 374, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Kiminiori Matsuyama, 1995. "Economic Development as Coordination Problems," Discussion Papers 1123, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Beniamino Moro, 2001. "Incentivi fiscali e politiche di sviluppo economico regionale in Europa," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 54(215), pages 343-388.
- Ernst Fehr & Simon Gächter, 2002. "Altruistic punishment in humans," Nature, Nature, vol. 415(6868), pages 137-140, January.
- Usher, Dan, 1998. "The Coase theorem is tautological, incoherent or wrong," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 3-11, October.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Louis Makowski, 2001. "Perfect Competition and the Creativity of the Market," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 479-535, June.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Witjes, Sjors & Lozano, Rodrigo, 2016. "Towards a more Circular Economy: Proposing a framework linking sustainable public procurement and sustainable business models," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 37-44.
- Matei, Ani & Dogaru, Tatiana-Camelia, 2012. "Coordination of Public Policies through Strategic Planning Instruments: Romania Case study," MPRA Paper 53674, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2014.
- Rodrigo Lozano & Maria Barreiro‐Gen & Afnan Zafar, 2021. "Collaboration for organizational sustainability limits to growth: Developing a factors, benefits, and challenges framework," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(4), pages 728-737, July.
- Lozano, Rodrigo & Carpenter, Angela & Lozano, Francisco J., 2014. "Critical reflections on the Chemical Leasing concept," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 53-60.
- Lozano, Rodrigo & Carpenter, Angela & Satric, Vojislavka, 2013. "Fostering green chemistry through a collaborative business model: A Chemical Leasing case study from Serbia," Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 136-144.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Élodie Bertrand, 2006. "La thèse d'efficience du « théorème de Coase ». Quelle critique de la microéconomie ?," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(5), pages 983-1007.
- Bård Harstad, 2012. "Buy Coal! A Case for Supply-Side Environmental Policy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 120(1), pages 77-115.
- Athreya, Kartik B., 2014. "Big Ideas in Macroeconomics: A Nontechnical View," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262019736, February.
- Hojman, David E. & Hiscock, Julia, 2010. "Interpreting suboptimal business outcomes in light of the Coase Theorem: Lessons from Sidmouth International Festival," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 240-249.
- Jerker Denrell & Christina Fang & Sidney Winter, 2003. "The Economics of Strategic Opportunity," LEM Papers Series 2003/10, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Piacquadio Paolo G. & Di Bartolomeo Giovanni & Acocella Nicola, 2009. "A simple framework for investigating the properties of policy games," wp.comunite 0059, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
- Sascha Behnk & Iván Barreda-Tarrazona & Aurora García-Gallego, 2018. "Punishing liars—How monitoring affects honesty and trust," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(10), pages 1-30, October.
- Roman Hoffmann & Bernhard Kittel & Mattias Larsen, 2021. "Information exchange in laboratory markets: competition, transfer costs, and the emergence of reputation," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 24(1), pages 118-142, March.
- Hechter, Michael, 2008. "The rise and fall of normative control," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 663-676, August.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Jarle Møen, 1999.
"From Growth Theory to Technology Policy - Coordination Problems in Theory and Practice,"
Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 25, pages 53-74.
- Tor Jakob Klette & Jarle Møen, 1998. "From Growth Theory to Technology Policy - Coordination Problems in Theory and Practice," Discussion Papers 219, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Klette, T.J. & Moen, J., 1998. "From Growth Theory to Technology Policy -Coordination Problems in Theory and Practice," Papers 20/98, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Xue, Yang-chen & Geng, Xian-hui & Kiprop, Emmanuel & Hong, Miao, 2020. "How Does the Spillover Effect Affect Companies Food Safety Risk Management? New Orientation of Food Safety Management," 2020 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, Kansas City, Missouri 304310, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Elodie Bertrand, 2019. "Much ado about nothing? The controversy over the validity of the Coase theorem," Post-Print hal-03479468, HAL.
- MacKenzie, Ian A. & Ohndorf, Markus, 2013. "Restricted Coasean bargaining," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 296-307.
- Tomáš Otáhal, 2009. "Problém zastoupení v nové institucionální ekonomii [The Agency Problem in New Institutional Economics]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2009(5), pages 677-695.
- Bandyopadhyay, Siddhartha, 2013.
"Market thickness, prices and honesty: A quality demand trap,"
Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 52-59.
- Siddhartha Bandyopadhyay, 2012. "Market Thickness, Prices and Honesty: A Quality Demand Trap," Discussion Papers 12-06, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 2007. "Eternal Coase and external costs: A case for bilateral taxation and amenity rights," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 641-659, September.
- Vedel, Suzanne Elizabeth & Jacobsen, Jette Bredahl & Thorsen, Bo Jellesmark, 2015. "Contracts for afforestation and the role of monitoring for landowners’ willingness to accept," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 29-37.
- Joseph Stiglitz, 1998. "Distinguished Lecture on Economics in Government: The Private Uses of Public Interests: Incentives and Institutions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 3-22, Spring.
- Steven G. Medema, 2020. "The Coase Theorem at Sixty," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1045-1128, December.
- E. Guzzini & A. Palestrini, 2012.
"Coase theorem and exchangeable rights in non-cooperative games,"
European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 83-100, February.
- Guzzini Enrico & Palestrini Antonio, 2009. "Coase theorem and exchangeable rights in non-cooperative games," wp.comunite 0060, Department of Communication, University of Teramo.
More about this item
Keywordscoase theorem; economic policy; transition; property rights; cooperation; coordination;
All these keywords.
- K0 - Law and Economics - - General
- H1 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2003-06-16 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-LAW-2003-06-16 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2003-06-16 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwppe:0306003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: EconWPA (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.