The Impact Of Change In Auction Format On Bidding Behavior
We investigate differences in bidding behavior and participation patterns between simultaneous and multi-round auction formats held in the state of Oklahoma. Theory suggests there could be differential bidding effects arising from synergies and the release of relevant information across the two formats. We find no statistically significant difference in either the number of bids submitted or the bidding patterns observed relative to the control group of auctions held under a uniform format in Texas.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- ALBANO, Gian Luigi & GERMANO, Fabrizio & LOVO, Stefano, "undated".
"A comparison of standard multi-unit auctions with synergies,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1556, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Albano, Gian Luigi & Germano, Fabrizio & Lovo, Stefano, 2001. "A comparison of standard multi-unit auctions with synergies," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 55-60, April.
- Stefano Lovo & Gian Luigi Albano & Fabrizio Germano, 1999. "A Comparison of Standard Multi-Unit Auctions with Synergies," Working Papers hal-00599418, HAL.
- Stefano Lovo & Fabrizio Germano & Gian Luigi Albano, 2001. "A comparison of standard multi-unit auctions with synergies," Post-Print hal-00460031, HAL.
- ALBANO, Gian Luigi & GERMANO, Fabrizio & LOVO, Stefano, 1999. "A comparison of standard multi-unit auctions with synergies," CORE Discussion Papers 1999052, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dakshina G. De Silva, 2005. "Synergies in Recurring Procurement Auctions: An Empirical Investigation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 55-66, January.
- Robert W. Rosenthal & Ruqu Wang, 1995.
"Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies and Common Values,"
0060, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Rosenthal, Robert W. & Wang, Ruqu, 1996. "Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies and Common Values," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 32-55, November.
- Lawrence M. Ausubel & Peter Cramton & R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan, 1997.
"Synergies in Wireless Telephony: Evidence from the Broadband PCS Auctions,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 497-527, 09.
- Lawrence M. Ausubel & Peter Cramton & R. Preston McAfee & John McMillan, 1998. "Synergies in Wireless Telephony: Evidence from the Broadband PCS Auctions," Papers of Peter Cramton 97jems, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 09 Jun 1998.
- Moreton, Patrick S & Spiller, Pablo T, 1998. "What's in the Air: Interlicense Synergies in the Federal Communications Commission's Broadband Personal Communication Service Spectrum Auctions," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 677-716, October.
- Dakshina De Silva & Timothy Dunne & Anuruddha Kankanamge & Georgia Kosmopoulou, 2005.
"The Impact of Public Information on Bidding in Highway Procurement Auctions,"
- De Silva, Dakshina G. & Dunne, Timothy & Kankanamge, Anuruddha & Kosmopoulou, Georgia, 2008. "The impact of public information on bidding in highway procurement auctions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 150-181, January.
- Vijay Krishna & Robert Rosenthal, 1995.
"Simultaneous Auctions with Synergies,"
Game Theory and Information
- Paul Milgrom & Robert J. Weber, 1981.
"A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding,"
447R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Patrick Bajari & Lixin Ye, 2001.
"Deciding Between Competition and Collusion,"
01008, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Jofre-Bonet, Mireia & Pesendorfer, Martin, 2000. "Bidding behavior in a repeated procurement auction: A summary," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 1006-1020, May.
- Anders Lunander & Jan-Eric Nilsson, 2004. "Taking the Lab to the Field: Experimental Tests of Alternative Mechanisms to Procure Multiple Contracts," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 39-58, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpmi:0512009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.