Coalition Strategies and Reduction of GHG Emissions
The Flexible Mechanisms articulated in the Kyoto Protocol provide a robust framework for emission reduction issue in a manner that is not just economically efficient, but is also pro-growth for trade. In the presence of liquid or illiquid markets, to attain higher value from the emission trading, we have shown that coalition strategies provide a pertinent alternative to production optimization measures which may not be feasible at times. The whole game is analyzed taking a resource based view of the strategic factor markets. We have also illustrated the measures needed to provide stability to the coalitions and hence the coalition strategies.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- EYCKMANS, Johan & FINUS, Michael, 2003.
"Coalition formation in a global warming game : how the design of protocols affects the success of environmental treaty-making,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2003088, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Johan Eyckmans & Michael Finus, 2003. "Coalition Formation in a Global Warming Game: How the Design of Protocols Affects the Success of Environmental Treaty-Making," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0317, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën, Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Germain, M. & Toint, Ph. & Tulkens, H. & de Zeeuw, A.J., 2003. "Transfers to sustain dynamic core-theoretic cooperation in international stock pollutant control," Other publications TiSEM 8953bc6e-fc65-4fd7-a2d1-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Roth, Alvin E, 1978. "The Nash Solution and the Utility of Bargaining," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(3), pages 587-94, May.
- Michael Finus & Bianca Rundshagen, 2003. "How the Rules of Coalition Formation Affect Stability of International Environmental Agreements," Working Papers 2003.62, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chander, Parkash & Tulkens, Henry, 1994.
"The Core of an Economy With Multilateral Environmental Externalities,"
886, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Henry Tulkens & Parkash Chander, 1997. "The Core of an Economy with Multilateral Environmental Externalities," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 379-401.
- Chander, P. & Tulkens, H., . "The core of an economy with multilateral environmental externalities," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1276, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CHANDER, Parkash & TULKENS, Henry, 1995. "The Core of an Economy with Multilateral Environmental Externalities," CORE Discussion Papers 1995050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Makowski, Louis & Ostroy, Joseph M, 1995.
"Appropriation and Efficiency: A Revision of the First Theorem of Welfare Economics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 808-27, September.
- Lewis Makowski & Joseph Ostroy, 2010. "Appropriation and Efficiency: A Revision of the First Theorem of Welfare Economics," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1386, David K. Levine.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Germain, Marc & Toint, Philippe & Tulkens, Henry & de Zeeuw, Aart, 2003.
"Transfers to sustain dynamic core-theoretic cooperation in international stock pollutant control,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 79-99, October.
- GERMAIN, Marc & TOINT, Philippe & TULKENS, Henry & DE ZEEUW, Aart, . "Transfers to sustain dynamic core-theoretic cooperation in international stock pollutant control," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1637, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Topkis Donald M., 1995. "Comparative Statics of the Firm," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 370-401, December.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-112000 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "Pure Competition, Coalitional Power, and Fair Division," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(3), pages 337-62, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpga:0501002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.