Regional distribution of bank institutions in Russia: Role of state and education
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Philippon & Ariell Reshef, 2012. "Wages and Human Capital in the U.S. Finance Industry: 1909--2006," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(4), pages 1551-1609.
- Hattendorff, Christian, 2015. "Economic concentration and finance: Evidence from Russian regions," BOFIT Discussion Papers 18/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Thomas Philippon & Ariell Reshef, 2007. "Skill Biased Financial Development: Education, Wages and Occupations in the U.S. Financial Sector," NBER Working Papers 13437, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Disli, Mustafa & Schoors, Koen & Meir, Jos, 2013.
"Political connections and depositor discipline,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 804-819.
- M. Disli & K. Schoors & J. Meir, 2012. "Political connections and depositor discipline," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 12/781, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Disli, Mustafa & Schoors, Koen & Meir, Jos, 2013. "Political connections and depositor discipline," BOFIT Discussion Papers 6/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2004.
"The Role of Social Capital in Financial Development,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 526-556, June.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2000. "The Role of Social Capital In Financial Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2383, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2000. "The Role of Social Capital in Financial Development," NBER Working Papers 7563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2000. "The Role of Social Capital in Financial Development," CRSP working papers 511, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Yuxiang, Karl & Chen, Zhongchang, 2011. "Resource abundance and financial development: Evidence from China," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 72-79, March.
- Massimiliano Affinito & Matteo Piazza, 2008. "What are borders made of? An analysis of barriers to European banking integration," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 666, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Anzoategui, Diego & Soledad Martinez Peria, Maria & Melecky, Martin, 2010. "Banking sector competition in Russia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5449, The World Bank.
- A. Vernikov, 2014. ""National Champions" in Russia's Banking Services Market," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 57(4), pages 3-25.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-50, July.
- Hattendorff, Christian, 2014. "Natural resources, export concentration and financial development," Discussion Papers 2014/34, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Hausmann, Ricardo & Panizza, Ugo & Rigobon, Roberto, 2006.
"The long-run volatility puzzle of the real exchange rate,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 93-124, February.
- Ricardo Hausmann & Ugo Panizza & Roberto Rigobon, 2004. "The Long-Run Volatility Puzzle of the Real Exchange Rate," NBER Working Papers 10751, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nili, Masoud & Rastad, Mahdi, 2007. "Addressing the growth failure of the oil economies: The role of financial development," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 726-740, February.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201505201212 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRegional disparity; Capital city; Banking institutions;
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R51 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Finance in Urban and Rural Economies
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2017-01-15 (Confederation of Independent States)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa16p167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.