From the Bancor to the Euro. And Further on to the Intor?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mundell, Robert, 2012. "The case for a world currency," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 568-578.
- Thorarinn G. Petursson, 2005.
"Inflation Targeting and its Effects on Macroeconomic Performance,"
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 2005/5 edited by Morten Balling.
- Thorarinn G. Petursson, 2005. "Inflation Targeting and its Effects on Macroeconomic Performance," Chapters in SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- James M. Boughton, 2002. "Why White, Not Keynes? Inventing the Post-War International Monetary System," IMF Working Papers 02/52, International Monetary Fund.
- Rose, Andrew K., 2007.
"A stable international monetary system emerges: Inflation targeting is Bretton Woods, reversed,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 663-681, September.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2006. "A Stable International Monetary System Emerges: Inflation Targeting is Bretton Woods, Reversed," NBER Working Papers 12711, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Williamson, 2000. "The Role of the IMF: A Guide to the Reports," Policy Briefs PB00-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2006.
"Strategy for IMF Reform, A,"
Peterson Institute Press: All Books,
Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa77.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2006. "Strategy for IMF Reform, A," Peterson Institute Press: Policy Analyses in International Economics, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number pa77, January.
- Muchlinski, Elke, 2004. "Kontroversen in der internationalen Währungspolitik: Retrospektive zu Keynes-White-Boughton & IMF," Discussion Papers 2004/1, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1993.
"The Bretton Woods International Monetary System: A Historical Overview,"
NBER Chapters,in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 3-108
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1992. "The Bretton Woods International Monetary System: An Historical Overview," NBER Working Papers 4033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Siebert, Horst, 2006. "International exchange rate systems: Where do we stand?," Kiel Working Papers 1288, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
KeywordsGold standard; Bretton Woods system; European monetary integration; future of the international monetary system; Europäisches Wärhungssystem;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-06-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-06-13 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2008-06-13 (Monetary Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Bancor in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfo:wpaper:y:2008:i:317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ilse Schulz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wifooat.html .