The case for a world currency
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Marquez, Jaime, 1990. "Bilateral Trade Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 70-77, February.
- William R. Cline & John Williamson, 2011. "Estimates of Fundamental Equilibrium Exchange Rates, May 2011," Policy Briefs PB11-5, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Kenen,Peter B. & Papadia,Francesco & Saccomanni,Fabrizio (ed.), 1994. "The International Monetary System," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521467292, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reza Moosavi Mohseni & M. Azali, 2014. "Monetary Integration and Optimum Currency Area in ASEAN+3: What We Need for a New Framework?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 277-285.
- Richard N. Cooper & Michael Bordo & Harold James, 2006. "What About a World Currency? Proposal for a Common Currency among Rich Democracies. One World Money, Then and Now," Working Papers 44, Bank of Greece.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Michele Fratianni, 2007.
"Resurrecting Keynes to Revamp the International Monetary System,"
2007-19, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Pietro ALESSANDRINI & Michele FRATIANNI, 2008. "Resurrecting Keynes to Revamp the International Monetary System," Working Papers 310, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Kocenda, Evzen & Hanousek, Jan & Engelmann, Dirk, 2008.
"Currencies, competition, and clans,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1115-1132.
- Dirk Engelmann & Jan Hanousek & Ev??en Kocenda, 2004. "Instability in Exchange Rates of the World Leading Currencies: Implications of a Spatial Competition Model among Central Banks," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-686, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Dirk Engelmann & Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2004. "Instability in Exchange Rates of the World Leading Currencies: Implications of a Spatial Competition Model among Central Banks (Currencies, Competition, and Clans)," Macroeconomics 0406003, EconWPA.
- Bonpasse, Morrison, 2007. "The Single Global Currency - Common Cents for Business," MPRA Paper 6199, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergio Schmukler, 2006. "Comments on R. Cooper, M. Bordo and H. James: Exchange rate arrangements and disarrangements: prospects for a world currency," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 409-414, December.
- Costabile, Lilia, 2009. "Current global imbalances and the Keynes Plan: A Keynesian approach for reforming the international monetary system," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 79-89, June.
- Michael Bordo & Harold James, 2006. "One world money, then and now," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 395-407, December.
- Michael D. Bordo & Richard N. Cooper, 2006. "Proposal for a Common Currency among Rich Democracies," Working Papers 127, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Pietro Alessandrini & Michele Fratianni, 2009.
"Resurrecting Keynes to Stabilize the International Monetary System,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 339-358, July.
- Pietro Alessandrini & Michele Fratianni, 2008. "Resurrecting Keynes to Stabilize the International Monetary System," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 1, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:127:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Guido Montani, 2012. "The New Global Political Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14443, April.
- Liu, Tao, 2015. "Trade finance and international currency," MPRA Paper 64362, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheng, Andrew & Kwek, Kian-Teng & Cho, Cho-Wai, 2009. "A tale of Asian exchange rate management: Romance of the three currencies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 519-535, September.
- Campos, Nauro F. & Jarko, Fidrmuc & Iikka, Korhonen, 2017. "Business cycle synchronisation in a currency union : Taking stock of the evidence," Research Discussion Papers 28/2017, Bank of Finland.
- John Jairo García Rendón, 2007. "La relación euro-dólar: seis años después que el euro presentase su mínimo nivel," REVISTA ECOS DE ECONOMÍA, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT, February.
- Menkhoff, Lukas, 2009.
"Internationale Währungsmarktstabilität durch eine Globalwährung?
[International Monetary Stability via a Global Currency?]," MPRA Paper 18386, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Josef T. Yap, 2008. "Managing Capital Flows : The Case of the Philippines," Development Economics Working Papers 22703, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Kamleshan Pillay & Jorge E. Viñuales, 2016. "“Monetary” rules for a linked system of offset credits," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(6), pages 933-951, December.
- Heinz Handler, 2008. "From the Bancor to the Euro. And Further on to the Intor?," WIFO Working Papers 317, WIFO.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational monetary system; World currency; G-3 Monetary Union; DEY; INTOR;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jpolmo:v:34:y:2012:i:4:p:568-578. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.