Whither Human Capital? The Woeful Tale of Transition to Tertiary Education in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Sumon Kumar Bhaumik, 2012. "Whither human capital? The woeful tale of transition to tertiary education in India," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(9), pages 835-838, June.
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Sumon Kumar Bhaumik, 2012. "Whither Human Capital? The Woeful Tale of Transition to Tertiary Education in India," Working Papers id:4782, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cleland, John G. & van Ginneken, Jerome K., 1988. "Maternal education and child survival in developing countries: The search for pathways of influence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 1357-1368, January.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2007.
"Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987-2004,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp858, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2008. "Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987-2004," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-02, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Black, Sandra E & Lynch, Lisa M, 1996. "Human-Capital Investments and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 263-267, May.
- Tansel, Aysit, 2002. "Determinants of school attainment of boys and girls in Turkey: individual, household and community factors," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 455-470, October.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2008. "Does move to market have an impact on earnings gap across gender? Some evidence from India," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(8), pages 601-605.
- Robert J. Barro, 2001. "Human Capital and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 12-17, May.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2004.
"Child schooling in Peru: Evidence from a sequential analysis of school progression,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(4), pages 657-680, December.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2003. "Child Schooling in Peru: Evidence From A Sequential Analysis of School Progression," Labor and Demography 0309001, EconWPA.
- Sander, William, 1992. "The effects of ethnicity and religion on educational attainment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 119-135, June.
- Olivier Bargain & Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty & Zhong Zhao, 2009.
"Earnings Differences Between Chinese And Indian Wage Earners, 1987-2004,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(s1), pages 562-587, July.
- Bargain, Olivier & Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha & Zhao, Zhong, 2008. "Earnings Differences between Chinese and Indian Wage Earners, 1987–2004," IZA Discussion Papers 3284, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tansel, Aysit, 1997. "Schooling Attainment, Parental Education, and Gender in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 825-856, July.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Transitional probability; India;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-05-08 (Development)
- NEP-HRM-2012-05-08 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-05-08 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wdi:papers:2011-1019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (WDI). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wdumius.html .