Whither human capital? The woeful tale of transition to tertiary education in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Sumon Kumar Bhaumik, 2012. "Whither Human Capital? The Woeful Tale of Transition to Tertiary Education in India," Working Papers id:4782, eSocialSciences.
- Sumon Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2011. "Whither Human Capital? The Woeful Tale of Transition to Tertiary Education in India," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1019, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarmistha Pal, 2004.
"Child schooling in Peru: Evidence from a sequential analysis of school progression,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(4), pages 657-680, December.
- Sarmistha Pal, 2003. "Child Schooling in Peru: Evidence From A Sequential Analysis of School Progression," Labor and Demography 0309001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sander, William, 1992. "The effects of ethnicity and religion on educational attainment," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 119-135, June.
- Cleland, John G. & van Ginneken, Jerome K., 1988. "Maternal education and child survival in developing countries: The search for pathways of influence," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 1357-1368, January.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2007.
"Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987-2004,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
wp858, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2008. "Is Education the Panacea for Economic Deprivation of Muslims? Evidence from Wage Earners in India, 1987-2004," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 08-02, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Olivier Bargain & Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty & Zhong Zhao, 2009.
"Earnings Differences Between Chinese And Indian Wage Earners, 1987-2004,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 55(s1), pages 562-587, July.
- Bargain, Olivier & Bhaumik, Sumon K. & Chakrabarty, Manisha & Zhao, Zhong, 2008. "Earnings Differences between Chinese and Indian Wage Earners, 1987–2004," IZA Discussion Papers 3284, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Tansel, Aysit, 1997. "Schooling Attainment, Parental Education, and Gender in Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 825-856, July.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
- Black, Sandra E & Lynch, Lisa M, 1996. "Human-Capital Investments and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 263-267, May.
- Tansel, Aysit, 2002. "Determinants of school attainment of boys and girls in Turkey: individual, household and community factors," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 455-470, October.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Manisha Chakrabarty, 2008. "Does move to market have an impact on earnings gap across gender? Some evidence from India," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(8), pages 601-605.
- Robert J. Barro, 2001. "Human Capital and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 12-17, May.
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:19:y:2012:i:9:p:835-838. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.