Quantifying the magnitude and severity of absolute poverty in the developing world in the mid-1980s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Villasenor, JoseA. & Arnold, Barry C., 1989. "Elliptical Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 327-338, February.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Kakwani, N C & Podder, N, 1973. "On the Estimation of Lorenz Curves from Grouped Observations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(2), pages 278-292, June.
- Arie Kapteyn & Peter Kooreman & Rob Willemse, 1988.
"Some Methodological Issues in the Implementation of Subjective Poverty Definitions,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(2), pages 222-242.
- Kapteyn, A.J. & Kooreman, P. & Willemse, R., 1987. "Some methodological issues in the implementation of subjective poverty definitions," Research Memorandum FEW 245, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1991. "The challenging arithmetic of poverty in Bangladesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 586, The World Bank.
- Datt, Gaurav*Ravallion, Martin, 1990. "Regional disparities, targeting, and poverty in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 375, The World Bank.
- Berry, Albert & Bourguignon, Francois & Morrisson, Christian, 1983. "The Level of World Inequality: How Much Can One Say?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 29(3), pages 217-241, September.
- Blackburn, McKinley L., 1989. "Interpreting the magnitude of changes in measures of income inequality," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 21-25, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yasuyuki Sawada & Pan A. Yotopoulos, 2006. "Growth and Poverty Reduction Under Globalization: The Systematic Impact of Exchange Rate Misalignment," Discussion Papers 06-014, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- repec:aea:aecrev:v:107:y:2017:i:12:p:3690-3721 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Allen, 2017.
"Absolute Poverty: When Necessity Displaces Desire,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(12), pages 3690-3721, December.
- Robert C. Allen, 2016. "Absolute Poverty: When Necessity Displaces Desire," Oxford University Economic and Social History Series _141, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Robert C. Allen, 2017. "Absolute Poverty: When Necessity Displaces Desire," LIS Working papers 706, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Robert C. Allen, 2017. "Absolute Poverty: When Necessity Displaces Desire REVISED," Working Papers 20170005, New York University Abu Dhabi, Department of Social Science, revised Jun 2017.
- repec:oxf:esohwp:_141 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAchieving Shared Growth; Poverty Assessment; Inequality; Safety Nets and Transfers; Environmental Economics&Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:587. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .