Growth and Poverty Reduction in Ethiopia: Evidence from Household Panel Surveys
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bigsten, Arne & Kebede, Bereket & Shimeles, Abebe & Taddesse, Mekonnen, 2003. "Growth and Poverty Reduction in Ethiopia: Evidence from Household Panel Surveys," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 87-106, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Villasenor, JoseA. & Arnold, Barry C., 1989. "Elliptical Lorenz curves," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 327-338, February.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 1997.
"What Can New Survey Data Tell Us about Recent Changes in Distribution and Poverty?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 357-382, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 1996. "What can new survey data tell us about recent changes in distribution and poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1694, The World Bank.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- Bigsten , Arne & Levin, Jörgen, 2000.
"Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review,"
Working Papers in Economics
32, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Bigsten, Arne & Levin, Jorgen, 2001. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review," WIDER Working Paper Series 129, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Arne Bigsten & JÃ¶rgen Levin, 2010. "Growth, Income Distribution, and Poverty: A Review," Working Papers id:3296, eSocialSciences.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Ravallion, Martin & Bidani, Benu, 1994. "How Robust Is a Poverty Profile?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 8(1), pages 75-102, January.
- Philippa Bevan & Sandra Fullerton Joireman, 1997. "The perils of measuring poverty: Identifying the 'poor' in rural Ethiopia," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 315-343.
- Ravallion, M., 1992. "Poverty Comparisons - A Guide to Concepts and Methods," Papers 88, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Chen, Shaohua & Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1994. "Is Poverty Increasing in the Developing World?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 359-376, December.
- Kakwani, N., 1990. "Poverty And Economic Growth; With Application To Cote D'Ivoire," Papers 90-2, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, October.
- Gary G. Moser & Toshihiro Ichida, 2001. "Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 01/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Kakwani, N., 1990. "Poverty And Economic Growth: With Application To Cote D'Ivoire," Papers 63, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Anand, Sudhir & Kanbur, S. M. R., 1993. "The Kuznets process and the inequality--development relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 25-52, February.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Equivalence Scale Relativities and the Extent of Inequality and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1067-1082, September.
- Datt, Gaurav & Ravallion, Martin, 1992. "Growth and redistribution components of changes in poverty measures : A decomposition with applications to Brazil and India in the 1980s," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 275-295, April.
More about this item
KeywordsGrowth; poverty; households; survey;
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-01-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2002-01-22 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2002-01-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MAC-2002-01-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.