Ladies first ? firm-level evidence on the labor impacts of the East Asian crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duncan Thomas & James P. Smith & Kathleen Beegle & Graciela Teruel & Elizabeth Frankenberg, 2002.
"Wages, employment and economic shocks: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 15(1), pages 161-193.
- Smith, J.P. & Thomas, D. & Frankenberg, E. & Beegle, K., 2000. "Wages, Employment and Economic Shocks: Evidence from Indonesia," Papers 00-07, RAND - Labor and Population Program.
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000.
"In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997. "In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- John Haltiwanger & Milan Vodopivec, 2002.
"Worker Flows, Job Flows and Firm Wage Policies: An Analysis of Slovenia,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
486, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Haltiwanger, John C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2002. "Worker Flows, Job Flows and Firm Wage Policies: An Analysis of Slovenia," IZA Discussion Papers 569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hallward-Driemeier,Mary C. & Rijkers,Bob & Waxman,Andrew R., 2015. "Can minimum wages close the gender wage gap ? evidence from Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7364, The World Bank.
- John Haltiwanger & Milan Vodopivec, 2003. "Worker flows, job flows and firm wage policies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(2), pages 253-290, June.
- Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J. & Levine, David I., 2008. "Financial constraints on investment in an emerging market crisis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 568-591, April.
- Nickell, S.J., 1987. "Dynamic models of labour demand," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 473-522 Elsevier.
- Harrison, Ann E. & Scorse, Jason, 2008. "Do foreign-owned firms pay more?," MPRA Paper 15637, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mary Hallward-Driemeier & Bob Rijkers, 2013.
"Do Crises Catalyze Creative Destruction? Firm-level Evidence from Indonesia,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(5), pages 1788-1810, December.
- Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Rijkers, Bob, 2011. "Do crises catalyze creative destruction ? firm-level evidence from Indonesia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5869, The World Bank.
- Bond, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2007. "Microeconometric Models of Investment and Employment," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 65 Elsevier.
- Ackerberg, Daniel & Caves, Kevin & Frazer, Garth, 2006. "Structural identification of production functions," MPRA Paper 38349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- MartÌn Rama, 2002.
"The Gender Implications of Public Sector Downsizing: The Reform Program of Vietnam,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 167-189, September.
- Rama, Martin, 2001. "The gender implications of public sector downsizing : the reform program of Vietnam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2573, The World Bank.
- Houseman, Susan N & Abraham, Katharine G, 1993.
"Female Workers as a Buffer in the Japanese Economy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 45-51, May.
- Susan N. Houseman & Katharine G. Abraham, "undated". "Female Workers as a Buffer in the Japanese Economy," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles snhkga1993, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Altonji, Joseph G. & Blank, Rebecca M., 1999. "Race and gender in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 48, pages 3143-3259 Elsevier.
- Christev, Atanas & FitzRoy, Felix, 2002. "Employment and Wage Adjustment: Insider-Outsider Control in a Polish Privatization Panel Study," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 251-275, June.
- Glewwe, Paul & Hall, Gillette, 1998. "Are some groups more vulnerable to macroeconomic shocks than others? Hypothesis tests based on panel data from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 181-206, June.
- McKenzie, David J, 2004. "Aggregate Shocks and Urban Labor Market Responses: Evidence from Argentina's Financial Crisis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52(4), pages 719-758, July.
- World Bank & International Monetary Fund, 2009. "Global Monitoring Report 2009 : A Development Emergency," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2625, March.
- Blalock, Garrick & Gertler, Paul J., 2004. "Learning from exporting revisited in a less developed setting," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 397-416, December.
- Lipsey, Robert E. & Sjoholm, Fredrik, 2004. "Foreign direct investment, education and wages in Indonesian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 415-422, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tindara Addabbo & Paula Rodríguez-Modroño & Lina Gálvez-Muñoz, 2013. "Gender and the Great Recession: Changes in labour supply in Spain," Department of Economics (DEMB) 0010, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Department of Economics "Marco Biagi".
More about this item
KeywordsLabor Markets; Gender and Development; Labor Policies; Population Policies; Gender and Law;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-09-16 (Development)
- NEP-HME-2011-09-16 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-LAB-2011-09-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2011-09-16 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-SEA-2011-09-16 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .