Empirical investment equations in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1988.
"Unemployment: Getting the Questions Right--and Some of the Answers,"
502, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard, 1988. "Unemployment: Getting the Questions Right - and some of the answers," NBER Working Papers 2698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abel, Andrew B., 1980. "Empirical investment equations : An integrative framework," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-91, January.
- Fry, Maxwell J., 1980. "Saving, investment, growth and the cost of financial repression," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 317-327, April.
- Schramm, Richard, 1972. "Neoclassical Investment Models and French Private Manufacturing Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 553-563, September.
- Bilsborrow, Richard E, 1977. "The Determinants of Fixed Investment by Manufacturing Firms in a Developing Country," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(3), pages 697-717, October.
- Gardner, Roy & Sheldon, Russell, 1975. "Financial Conditions and the Time Path of Equipment Expenditures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(2), pages 164-170, May.
- Dailami, Mansoor & Walton, Michael, 1989. "Private investment, government policy, and foreign capital in Zimbabwe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 248, The World Bank.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Chow, Gregory C, 1985. "A Model of Chinese National Income Determination," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 782-792, August.
- Lim, David, 1987. "Export Instability, Investment and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(49), pages 318-327, December.
- Malkiel, Burton G & von Furstenberg, George M & Watson, Harry S, 1979. "Expectations, Tobin's q, and Industry Investment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 34(2), pages 549-561, May.
- V. Sundararajan & Subhash Thakur, 1980. "Public Investment, Crowding out, and Growth: A Dynamic Model Applied to India and Korea (Investissement public, "effet de refoulement" et croissance: un modÃ¨le dynamique appliquÃ© Ã l'Inde ," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(4), pages 814-855, December.
- Jaime de Melo & James Tybout, 2015.
"The Effects of Financial Liberalization on Savings and Investment in Uruguay,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 3, pages 55-81
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- de Melo, Jaime & Tybout, James, 1986. "The Effects of Financial Liberalization on Savings and Investment in Uruguay," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(3), pages 561-587, April.
- LICANDRO Omar, 1990.
"Uncertainty and Tobin’s Q in a Monopolistic Competition Framework,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1990003, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Licandro, Omar, 1991. "Uncertainty and Tobin´s q in a monopolistic competition framework," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2769, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Heller, Peter S, 1975. "A Model of Public Fiscal Behavior in Developing Countries: Aid, Investment, and Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 429-445, June.
- Behrman, Jere R, 1972. "Sectoral Investment Determination in a Developing Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 825-841, December.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1982.
"Tobin's Marginal q and Average q: A Neoclassical Interpretation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 213-224, January.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1981. "Tobin's Marginal q and Average a : A Neoclassical Interpretation," Discussion Papers 457, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Mario I. Blejer & Mohsin S. Khan, 1984. "Government Policy and Private Investment in Developing Countries (Politique des pouvoirs publics et investissement privÃ© dans les pays en dÃ©veloppement) (PolÃtica estatal e inversiÃ³n privada en lo," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(2), pages 379-403, June.
- van Wijnbergen, S., 1982. "Stagflationary effects of monetary stabilization policies : A quantitative analysis of South Korea," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 133-169, April.
- Sneessens, Henri R., 1987. "Investment and the inflation-unemployment tradeoff in a macroeconomic rationing model with monopolistic competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 781-808, April.
- George M. Von Furstenberg, 1977. "Corporate Investment: Does Market Valuation Matter in the Aggregate?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 8(2), pages 347-408.
- Schiantarelli, F. & Georgoutsos, D., 1990. "Monopolistic competition and the Q theory of investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1061-1078, July.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1998. "Irreversible investment," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Jeffrey Sachs, 1982. "Anticipations, Recessions and Policy: An Intertemporal Disequilibrium Model," NBER Working Papers 0971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Herschel I, 1972. "A Choice-Theoretic Model of an Income-Investment Accelerator," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(4), pages 630-641, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muyambiri, Brian & Chiwira, Oscar & Enowbi Batuo, Michael & Chiranga, Ngonidzashe, 2010. "The Causal Relationship between Private and Public Investment in Zimbabwe," MPRA Paper 26671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gunter, Bernhard G., 2001.
"Does the HIPC Initiative Achieve its Goal of Debt Sustainability?,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Bernhard G. Gunter, 2010. "Does the HIPC Initiative Achieve its Goal of Debt Sustainability?," Working Papers id:3205, eSocialSciences.
- Easterly, William & Schmidt-Hebbel, Klaus, 1991. "The macroeconomics of public sector deficits : a synthesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 775, The World Bank.
- Mariarosaria Agostino, 2004. "Conditionality, Commitment and Investment Response in LDCs," Economics Working Papers 2004-10, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Ahmed Badawi, 2003.
"Private capital formation and public investment in Sudan: testing the substitutability and complementarity hypotheses in a growth framework,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 783-799.
- A Badawi, 2003. "Private Capital Formation and Public Investment in Sudan: Testing the Substitutability and Complementarity Hypotheses in a Growth Framework," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0316, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Demir, Firat, 2007. "Private Investment, Portfolio Choice and Financialization of Real Sectors in Emerging Markets," MPRA Paper 3835, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jul 2007.
- W.J. Jansen, 2000. "The Effects of Capital Inflows in Thailand, 1980-96," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 46, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Demir, Firat, 2006. "Volatility of short term capital flows, financial anarchy and private investment in emerging markets," MPRA Paper 3080, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2007.
- Manuel Agosin & Roberto Machado, 2005.
"Foreign Investment in Developing Countries: Does it Crowd in Domestic Investment?,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 149-162.
- Manuel R. AGOSIN & Ricardo MAYER, 2000. "Foreign Investment In Developing Countries, Does It Crowd In Domestic Investment?," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 146, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- M. Shahe Emran & M. Imam Alam & Forhad Shilpi, 2003. "After the "License Raj": Economic Liberalization and Aggregate Private Investment in India," Development and Comp Systems 0305002, EconWPA, revised 30 Aug 2003.
- Abdiweli Ali, 2001. "Political instability, policy uncertainty, and economic growth: An empirical investigation," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(1), pages 87-106, March.
- Ramón A. Castillo Ponce & Jorge Herrera Hernández, 2005. "Efecto del gasto público sobre el gasto privado en México," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 20(2), pages 173-196.
- Lederman, Daniel & Menendez, Ana Maria & Perry, Guillermo & Stiglitz, Joseph, 2003. "Mexican investment after the Tequila crisis: basic economics, "confidence" effects or market imperfections?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 131-151, February.
- Oner Guncavdi-super-˙ & Andrew McKay, 2003. "Macroeconomic adjustment and private manufacturing investment in Turkey: a time-series analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(18), pages 1901-1909.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:28:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shaun K. Roache, 2006. "Domestic Investment and the Cost of Capital in the Caribbean," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(3).
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Financial Intermediation; Trade and Regional Integration; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:563. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .