How comparable are labor demand elasticities across countries?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhalotra, Sonia R, 1998. "The Puzzle of Jobless Growth in Indian Manufacturing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(1), pages 5-32, February.
- Timothy Dunne & Mark J Roberts, 1993.
"The Long-Run Demand for Labor: Estimates From Census Establishment Data,"
93-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Dunne, T. & Roberts, M., 1993. "The Long-Run Demand for Labor: Estimates from Census Establishment Data," Papers 10-93-8, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Griliches, Zvi & Hausman, Jerry A., 1986. "Errors in variables in panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 93-118, February.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sosin, Kim H & Fairchild, Loretta G, 1984. "Nonhomotheticity and Technological Bias in Production," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 44-50, February.
- Maloney, William F. & Pontual Ribeiro, Eduardo, 1999. "Efficiency wage and union effects in labor demand and wage structure in Mexico - An application of quantile analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2131, The World Bank.
- Hahn, Jinyong, 1999. "How informative is the initial condition in the dynamic panel model with fixed effects?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 309-326, December.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hakkala, Katariina & Heyman, Fredrik & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2007. "Cross-Border Acquisitions, Multinationals and Wage Elasticities," Working Paper Series 709, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Castro, Lucio & Saslavsky, Daniel, 2008. "Trade with China and India and Manufacturing Labour Demand in Argentina," WIDER Working Paper Series 108, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alberto Behar, 2010. "Would Cheaper Capital Replace Labour?," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(2), pages 131-151, June.
- William Maloney & Jairo Mendez, 2004.
"Measuring the Impact of Minimum Wages. Evidence from Latin America,"
NBER Chapters,in: Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean, pages 109-130
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maloney, William F. & Nunez, Jairo & Cunningham, Wendy & Fiess, Norbert & Montenegro, Claudio & Murrugarra, Edmundo & Santamaria,Mauricio & Sepulveda, Claudia, 2001. "Measuring the impact of minimum wages : evidence from Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2597, The World Bank.
- William F. Maloney & Jairo Nunez Mendez, 2003. "Measuring the Impact of Minimum Wages: Evidence from Latin America," NBER Working Papers 9800, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Paola Montenegro & Nataly Obando, 2011.
"El desempleo en Pereira: ¿sólo cuestión de remesas?,"
Borradores de Economia
636, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Paola Montenegro & Nataly Obando, 2011. "El desempleo en Pereira: ¿sólo cuestión de remesas?," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 007871, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis E. Arango & Francesca Castellani & Nataly Obando, 2016.
"It is mainly about where you work! Labor demand in the Colombian manufacturing sector,"
Borradores de Economia
933, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Francesca Castellani & Nataly Obando, 2016. "It is Mainly About Where You Work!: Labor Demand in the Colombian Manufacturing Sector," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 95637, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Labor Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Environmental Economics&Policies; Decentralization; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Inequality; Municipal Financial Management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-08-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2001-08-30 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2001-08-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .