Poverty and the economic transition : how do changes in economies of scale affect poverty rates for different households?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert K. Triest, 1998. "Has Poverty Gotten Worse?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 97-114, Winter.
- Hagenaars, Aldi J M & van Praag, Bernard M S, 1985. "A Synthesis of Poverty Line Definitions," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 31(2), pages 139-154, June.
- Timothy Smeeding & Gunther Schmaus & Brigitte Buhmann & Lee Rainwater, 1988. "Equivalence Scales, Well-Being, Inequality and Poverty: Sensitivity Estimates Across Ten Countries Using the LIS Database," LIS Working papers 17, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Pradhan, Menno & Ravallion, Martin, 1998. "Measuring poverty using qualitative perceptions of welfare," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2011, The World Bank.
- Hagenaars, Aldi J M, 1987. "A Class of Poverty Indices," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(3), pages 583-607, October.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1998.
"Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(5), pages 897-930, October.
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1997. "Economies of Scale, Household Size, and the Demand for Food," Papers 178, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Lanjouw, Peter & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and Household Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(433), pages 1415-1434, November.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp98-09-deaton is not listed on IDEAS
- Klugman, Jeni & Braithwaite, Jeanine, 1998. "Poverty in Russia during the Transition: An Overview," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 37-58, February.
- repec:pri:rpdevs:deaton_paxson_poverty_children_paper is not listed on IDEAS
- Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Welfare Comparisons and Equivalence Scales," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(2), pages 216-221, May.
- Lanjouw, Jean Olson & Lanjouw, Peter, 1997. "Poverty comparisons with non-compatible data: theory and illustrations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1709, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1997.
"Poverty Among Children And The Elderly In Developing Countries,"
992, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Deaton, A. & Paxson, C., 1997. "Poverty Among Children and the Eldrely in Developing Countries," Papers 179, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Christina Paxson, 1997. "Poverty among children and the elderly in developing countries," Working Papers 226, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Giovanni Andrea Cornia, 1995. "Ugly Facts and Fancy Theories: Children and youth during the transition," Papers iopeps95/19, Innocenti Occasional Papers, Economic Policy Series.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anderson, Kathryn & Pomfret, Richard, 2000.
"Living Standards during Transition to a Market Economy: The Kyrgyz Republic in 1993 and 1996,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 502-523, September.
- Richard Pomfret & Kathryn H. Anderson, 1999. "Living Standards During Transition to a Market Economy: The Kyrgyz Republic in 1993 and 1996," School of Economics Working Papers 1999-03, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Armando Barrientos, 2002. "Old age, poverty and social investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 1133-1141.
- Spryskov Dmitry, 2003. "Below the Poverty Line: Duration of Poverty in Russia," EERC Working Paper Series 03-04e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Palacios, Robert & Sluchynsky, Oleksiy, 2006. "Social pensions Part I : their role in the overall pension system," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 36237, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2003. "Turkey : Poverty and Coping After Crises, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14624, The World Bank.
- Whitehouse, Edward, 2000.
"How Poor are the Old? A Survey of Evidence from 44 Countries,"
14177, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Whitehouse, Edward, 2000. "How poor are the old? a survey of evidence from 44 countries," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 23141, The World Bank.
- Samir Ghazouani & Mohamed Goaied, 2001. "The Determinants of Urban and Rural Poverty in Tunisia," Working Papers 0126, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jun 2001.
- Disney, Richard & Whitehouse, Edward, 2001. "Cross-country comparisons of pensioners’ incomes," MPRA Paper 16345, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Forster, Michael & Jesuit, David & Smeeding, Timothy, 2003. "Regional Poverty and Income Inequality in Central and Eastern Europe: Evidence from the Luxembourg Income Study," WIDER Working Paper Series 065, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Health Promotion; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Housing&Human Habitats; Environmental Economics&Policies; Poverty Lines; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Economic Theory&Research; Housing&Human Habitats;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.