Educational mismatches and earnings: are the graduates more penalized for being overeducated?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsai, Yuping, 2010. "Returns to overeducation: A longitudinal analysis of the U.S. labor market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 606-617, August.
- P. J. Sloane & H. Battu & P. T. Seaman, 1999. "Overeducation, undereducation and the British labour market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(11), pages 1437-1453.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agnieszka Chlon-Dominczak & Andrzej Zurawski, 2017. "Measuring skills mismatches revisited – introducing sectoral approach," IBS Working Papers 03/2017, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sattinger, Michael & Hartog, Joop, 2013.
"Nash bargaining and the wage consequences of educational mismatches,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 50-56.
- Hartog, Joop & Sattinger, Michael, 2012. "Nash Bargaining and the Wage Consequences of Educational Mismatches," IZA Discussion Papers 7025, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Joop Hartog & Michael Sattinger, 2012. "Nash Bargaining and the Wage Consequences of Educational Mismatches," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-129/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- Ma del Mar Salinas-Jim鮥z & Marta Rahona-L, 2013. "Gender wage differentials and educational mismatch: an application to the Spanish case," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(30), pages 4226-4235, October.
- Abbi Kedir & Andri Kyrizi & Francisco Martinez-Mora, 2012.
"Signalling and Productivity Effects of Overeducation: Is It Really a Waste of Resources?,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
12/19, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester.
- Kedir, Abbi & Kyrizi, Andri & Martínez Mora, Francisco,, 2012. "Signalling and Productivity Effects of Overeducation: Is It Really a Waste of Resources?," Working Papers 2072/203170, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Carroll, David & Tani, Massimiliano, 2013. "Over-education of recent higher education graduates: New Australian panel evidence," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 207-218.
- Stephen Rubb, 2014. "Overeducation and earnings within an occupation: controlling for occupational heterogeneity of nurses," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 257-269, June.
- Inmaculada García-Mainar & Víctor M. Montuenga-Gómez, 2017. "Subjective educational mismatch and signalling in Spain," Documentos de Trabajo dt2017-03, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Universidad de Zaragoza.
- Marco Pecoraro, 2014.
"Is There Still a Wage Penalty for Being Overeducated But Well-matched in Skills? A Panel Data Analysis of a Swiss Graduate Cohort,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 28(3), pages 309-337, September.
- Marco PECORARO, 2011. "Is there still a wage penalty for being overeducated but well-matched in skills? A panel data analysis of a Swiss graduate cohort," LIDAM Discussion Papers IRES 2011019, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Kampelmann, Stephan & Rycx, François, 2012.
"The impact of educational mismatch on firm productivity: Evidence from linked panel data,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 918-931.
- Stephan Kampelmann & François Rycx, 2012. "The Impact of Educational Mismatch on Firm Productivity: Evidence from Linked Panel Data," Working Papers CEB 12-038, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kampelmann, Stephan & Rycx, Francois, 2012. "The Impact of Educational Mismatch on Firm Productivity: Evidence from Linked Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 7093, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Stephan Kampelmann & François Rycx, 2012. "The Impact of Educational Mismatch on Firm Productivity: Evidence from Linked Panel Data," DULBEA Working Papers 12-05, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Altorjai, Szilvia, 2013. "Over-qualification of immigrants in the UK," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-11, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ahmed Lahsen, Amina & Piper, Alan T. & Thiele, Ida-Anna, 2020.
"Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982, and the Labour Market: Overeducation, Gender, Income and Life Satisfaction. Panel evidence from Korea,"
100616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed Lahsen, Amina & Piper, Alan T. & Thiele, Ida-Anna, 2020. "Kim Jiyoung, born 1982, and the labour market: Overeducation, gender, income and life satisfaction. Panel evidence from Korea," Discussion Papers 2020/10, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Léné, Alexandre, 2011. "Occupational downgrading and bumping down: The combined effects of education and experience," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 257-269, April.
- Battu, H. & Seaman, P.T & Sloane, P.J., "undated".
"Are Married Women Spatially Constrained? A test of gender differentials in labour market outcomes,"
98-07, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Harminder Battu & Paul Seaman & Peter Sloane, 1998. "Are married women spatially constrained? A test of gender differentials in labour market outcomes," ERSA conference papers ersa98p24, European Regional Science Association.
- Kleibrink, Jan & Michaelsen, Maren M., 2012.
"Reaching High: Occupational Sorting and Higher Education Wage Inequality in the UK,"
Ruhr Economic Papers
377, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Kleibrink, Jan & Michaelsen, Maren M., 2014. "Reaching High: Occupational Sorting and Higher Education Wage Inequality in the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 8255, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tijan L. Bah, 2018. "Occupation-skill mismatch and selection of immigrants: Evidence from the Portuguese labor market," NOVAFRICA Working Paper Series wp1804, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia, NOVAFRICA.
- H. Battu & P. J. Sloane, 2004. "Over‐Education and Ethnic Minorities in Britain," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 72(4), pages 535-559, July.
- Jaime Andrés Sarmiento Espinel** & Luis Eduardo Sandoval Garrido, 2008. "Análisis descriptivo de los resultados de los Ecaes en economía (2004- 2006)," Revista Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, December.
- Felix Büchel & Harminder Battu, 2003. "The Theory of Differential Overqualification: Does it Work?," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Rossen Anja & Boll Christina & Wolf André, 2019.
"Patterns of Overeducation in Europe: The Role of Field of Study,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Sciendo & Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 9(1), pages 1-48, June.
- Boll, Christina & Rossen, Anja & Wolf, André, 2018. "Patterns of overeducation in Europe: The role of field of study," HWWI Research Papers 184, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Boll, Christina & Rossen, Anja & Wolf, Andre, 2018. "Patterns of overeducation in Europe: The role of field of study," IAB Discussion Paper 201820, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Prateek Kukreja, 2019. "Skill Mismatch and Returns to Education in Manufacturing: A Case of Indiaâ€™s Textile and Clothing Industry," Working Papers id:13003, eSocialSciences.
- Hartog, Joop, 2000. "Over-education and earnings: where are we, where should we go?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-147, April.
More about this item
Keywordseducational mismatch; overeducation; undereducation; wage premium; Poland;
All these keywords.
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:war:wpaper:2016-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcin Bąba). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fesuwpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.