Skill Mismatch and Returns to Education in Manufacturing: A Case of Indiaâ€™s Textile and Clothing Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hartog, Joop, 2000. "Over-education and earnings: where are we, where should we go?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 131-147, April.
- Ren, Weiwei & Miller, Paul W., 2012. "Changes over time in the return to education in urban China: Conventional and ORU estimates," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 154-169.
- Duncan, Greg J. & Hoffman, Saul D., 1981. "The incidence and wage effects of overeducation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 75-86, February.
- Budría, Santiago & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2008.
"Education, educational mismatch, and wage inequality: Evidence for Spain,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 332-341, June.
- Budria, Santiago & Moro-Egido, Ana, 2004. "Education, Educational Mismatch, and Wage Inequality: Evidence for Spain," MPRA Paper 93, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kiker, B. F. & Santos, Maria C. & de Oliveira, M. Mendes, 1997. "Overeducation and undereducation: Evidence for Portugal," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 111-125, April.
- Richard R. Verdugo & Naomi Turner Verdugo, 1989. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Earnings: Some Additional Findings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(4), pages 629-643.
- Tsai, Yuping, 2010. "Returns to overeducation: A longitudinal analysis of the U.S. labor market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 606-617, August.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2010.
"Does the choice of reference levels of education matter in the ORU earnings equation?,"
Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1076-1085, December.
- Chiswick, Barry R. & Miller, Paul W., 2009. "Does the Choice of Reference Levels of Education Matter in the ORU Earnings Equation?," IZA Discussion Papers 4382, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Leuven, Edwin & Oosterbeek, Hessel, 2011. "Overeducation and Mismatch in the Labor Market," Handbook of the Economics of Education, in: Erik Hanushek & Stephen Machin & Ludger Woessmann (ed.),Handbook of the Economics of Education, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 0, pages 283-326, Elsevier.
- Agnieszka Chlon-Dominczak & Andrzej Zurawski, 2017. "Measuring skills mismatches revisited – introducing sectoral approach," IBS Working Papers 03/2017, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Peter J. Sloane & Kostas Mavromaras, 2020.
"Overeducation, skill mismatches, and labor market outcomes for college graduates,"
IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 1-88, May.
- Peter J. Sloane, 2014. "Overeducation, skill mismatches, and labor market outcomes for college graduates," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 1-88, November.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Autor, David, 2011.
"Skills, Tasks and Technologies: Implications for Employment and Earnings,"
Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.),Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 12, pages 1043-1171,
- Daron Acemoglu & David Autor, 2010. "Skills, Tasks and Technologies: Implications for Employment and Earnings," NBER Working Papers 16082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Khan, Shahina P., 1995. "The wage effects of overschooling revisited," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 67-76, March.
- Glenda Quintini, 2011. "Right for the Job: Over-Qualified or Under-Skilled?," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 120, OECD Publishing.
- Giorgio Di Pietro & Peter Urwin, 2006.
"Education and skills mismatch in the Italian graduate labour market,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 79-93.
- Di Pietro, Giorgio & Peter Urwin, 2003. "Education and Skills Mismatch in the Italian Graduate Labour Market," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 59, Royal Economic Society.
- Hersch, Joni, 1991. "Education Match and Job Match," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(1), pages 140-144, February.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:y:2014:p:88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Russell W. Rumberger, 1987. "The Impact of Surplus Schooling on Productivity and Earnings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(1), pages 24-50.
More about this item
KeywordseSS; Skill mismatch; textiles; clothing; over-education; required education; undereducation; excess education; wage penalty surplus education; labour intensive industries; skill education; under education; India.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:13003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.